Community The Visual Novel Council | All Choices Lead To Here

Mutant Strawberry

MetaMember
Jul 1, 2020
Finally finished the full version of World's End Club. There's a really good Uchikoshi story in there but you have to suffer through some absolutely frustratingly designed basic platforming with some really cheap deaths to enjoy it. The reviews give it 6-7/10 and thats what I'd score it too.

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
  • Yuzu-soft establish new all-aged brand Yuzu SOUR
  • First title "PARQUET"
  • A sci-fi story featuring BMI, a technology which connects brain and machine together
  • Both main girls are voiced by Touyama Nao
  • Download only
  • Releasing on DMM and DLsite 24:00 JPT today
  • Coming to Steam on August 27th
  • Limited merchs for order

Last edited:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
ok, slightly obscure question but I can't find a plot summary that won't risk spoiling the whole thing

I'm playing through chaos child right now and in chapter 2
the main character is sneaking around the hospital and recognises the old woman and young girl from the scene with the wall covered in sumo stickers
How does he recognise them though? He hadn't seen them before then? It says that Itou noticed them but again I don't think that was shown?

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
How does he recognise them though? He hadn't seen them before then? It says that Itou noticed them but again I don't think that was shown?
It's been ages since I've read that part, but I seem to recall the girl was present at the location of one of the cases Takuru was working on?

I heard about BUSTAFELLOWS. Looks like a good detective story. @blockwonkel of Stein's;Gate/Root Double/Lamunation is on localisation duties, so it should be good, right? But wait a minute...

Oh no..

Oh fuck...

Every. single. fucking. time.

PQube ports. Not even once. :mion_angery:

EDIT: Looks like they'll patch it "ASAP".

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
About Full Metal Daemon Muramasa is there any news about a Steam release too?
Not that i've seen. I've only read that it's digital on JAST USA Store and a physical release later from JList.
I wouldn't be surprised to see it release on Steam at some time in the future though when, no idea.

The banner on the JAST site only links back to the JAST homepage at the moment so there's not even a game page up yet.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Judging from the official discord they haven't gotten through the review yet.
Current JAST generally does not announce anything unless it is very certain, so they were probably waiting for Valve to make a final decision.
You have to keep in mind that the game was announce prematurely due to somebody accidentally making the press page public ahead of time.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
And that's both Demonbane and Hanachirasu wrapped up before Muramasa drops next week. I greatly enjoyed both of them, but I am so ready for next Tuesday. Narahara's writing style really enraptured me alone with Hanachirasu so I'm sure Muramasa will be a treat.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Just got a promotion yesterday at work with my next paycheck backfilled from July 1st, and I was just thinking to myself "what stupidly high priced thing that I probably don't need, can I splurge on to celebrate" and JAST really came through.
Congrats on the promotion! And suddenly I feel a bit better after my $375 purchase of Eva Ultimate Edition (not by much) :flare_lmao:

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I thought y'all bumped this thread because it's out. :flare_pout:

Back to mucking around with RetroArch, I guess. :flare_lmao:

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Never gonna look at coffee the same again...
:fearful-face:

____

Well, just finished Muv Luv Alternative and I might write up more thoughts later once I have had time to chew on it. Though I probably do not have anything to add haha.

All-in-all, I really enjoyed it and I can see why it is so highly regarded. Though I did think the pacing was wonky at times and it constantly overexplained (which is arguably a better problem to have than underexplaining).
The drama was sometimes just a little bit too hallow, especially by the end and it would have been better served to be used a bit more sparingly
Both Unlimited and Alternative definitely redeemed Muv-Luv Extra.

Now I need to play all of the other titles on Steam.

Reactions: Virix and Cacher

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
loooool, it's proper down now not even a landing page! Victims of success.
You bums had better buy it when the site finally comes back!

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
loooool, it's proper down now not even a landing page! Victims of success.
You bums had better buy it when the site finally comes back!
Whenever it releases on Steam.
JAST has definitely proven their download servers are not to be trusted.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
This is the first time i've seen them buckle at launch. To be honest i'd still buy JAST games via JAST for DRM Free, no added censorship and not having to deal with people giving me side-eye about me playing lewd VNs, lol.

I only buy from Steam if a VN isn't available from the publisher, developer, JAST, Denpa, Fakku or Itch.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I still primarily buy from Steam. I have had issues with Sekai/Denpasoft, Denpa never restored my orders after they switched their site backend. Mangagamer still gives my bank a heartattack. I recall DMM has DRM on a lot of their titles.

JAST and DLSite are the only places that have no issues, but DLSite is still hit or miss for English releases. I have no qualms purchasing from JAST, but I still prefer knowing my purchase is backed up on Steam servers (and ideally uses Steam features like achievements, cloud saves, etc.).

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, i can't buy from MangaGamer still. I think i need to call my bank and have the "talk"... "Hi, erm, yes i am a person of culture so could you kinda let my card buy stuff from cough Mangagamer? cough kthanksbye!"

I have an external drive i put all my VN installers onto, it's only a cheapo one so i'm thinking i'll get another drive for double-backup.
I really need to get off my lazy butt and setup my NAS or buy a new one.

I don't really care for Achievements or cloud saves for these titles so that's not a concern. Losing my orders and downloads is though.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Never had a problem with MG or Denpa. I do like purchasing from Steam, but i've also bought stuff from publishers directly too now that I have a VN Manager app. Idk I just kinda pick and choose whatever I feel like, though I've been slowly pushing more towards purchasing DRM free and supporting the publishers directly (I still think they should push to release on Steam if they can though).

Johren I haven't touched yet, but I hear that's the worst of any of the stores and the DRM is bad lol. A shame too because Shiravune does excellent work with their localizations and they have a few titles I'm interested in.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
What VN Manager do you use? I have quite a few now so it's probably a good idea for me to start looking out for one.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
What VN Manager do you use? I have quite a few now so it's probably a good idea for me to start looking out for one.

It's nothing super robust, but it does what I need it to (can import data from VNDB, sorts alphabetically, can sort into categories you can create, tracks playtime).

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
I buy from steam because I don't trust any VN company to be around and keep their servers running longer than steam is, if I purchase on steam and a VN company folds worst case scenario I'm left with a partially censored VN because I cannot download the patch anymore.
If I purchase from them and they fold I'm left with nothing, and I'm not going to download those games and keep them on a hard drive which will eventually die anyway or keep them all in the cloud.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
ITS UP

good luck logging into your account though

Speaking of not trusting VN companies, look like my account got nuked :)

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I'd wait a while. I'm getting "Error 1020" and it looks like the service is blocking access to JAST due to traffic. Your login issue might just be due to heavy load disrupting server communications and db lookups.

Their twitter says they are aware of an issue and to try contacting them via their discord and they'll check your email address.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
I'd wait a while. I'm getting "Error 1020" and it looks like the service is blocking access to JAST due to traffic. Your login issue might just be due to heavy load disrupting server communications and db lookups.
They IP locked it to the U.S. atm to calm traffic down.

My issue is different though, I spoke to a mod and apparently they checked and my account didn't make the DB migration for the redesign that went live with Muramasa (who thought launching a full scale overhaul when traffic would be at it's highest and issues would inevitably pop up with sales/accounts, was a good idea????), so I'll have to wait for one of their engineers to fix my account.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
WTF?! You're right, that's insane!
What moron decided to launch a redesign and migrate user Databases on the day of release of the hottest item for AGES.
Wow. Well, at least they won't run out of installers so i can get it when they open to EU/UK customers.

edit: Double lol. It's a rebrand too! They are rebranding from JAST USA to JAST and yet they're blocking everyone but the USA, lol.
Comedy gold.

• Toucan
Reactions: Virix and Shantom

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
They IP locked it to the U.S. atm to calm traffic down.

My issue is different though, I spoke to a mod and apparently they checked and my account didn't make the DB migration for the redesign that went live with Muramasa (who thought launching a full scale overhaul when traffic would be at it's highest and issues would inevitably pop up with sales/accounts, was a good idea????), so I'll have to wait for one of their engineers to fix my account.
Just checked and my account is gone right now too...

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
WTF?! You're right, that's insane!
What moron decided to launch a redesign and migrate user Databases on the day of release of the hottest item for AGES.
Wow. Well, at least they won't run out of installers so i can get it when they open to EU/UK customers.

edit: Double lol. It's a rebrand too! They are rebranding from JAST USA to JAST and yet they're blocking everyone but the USA, lol.
Comedy gold.
I get wanting the most eyes on your shiny new site, but this is software engineering 101, on why you launch sweeping redesigns/overhauls when you know traffic is going to be at it's lowest then when the issues that inevitably pop up with accounts/sales/etc. are resolved, you launch your new product. You can only do so much about traffic overloading your servers, but all you do is push people towards pirating with blunders like this.

Just checked and my account is gone right now too...
I had to join the discord here Join the JAST USA Discord Server!, then message one of the mods, Bloodnose. Let them know your account is gone too. You have two options:

They'll create a new account for you with all your games, if you remember all the games you had on there
They'll add you to a list where one of their engineers will check the DB migration to see why your account didn't make it

Sadly i had quite a few games on there and didn't remember all of them so i just asked to be put on a list.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Insane, i see what you all mean. I'll login to my email and pul out my list of purchases and other details for when i have problems when they open up to the rest of the world. Or i might wait a few days for things to calm down first. I'm in no rush to play Muramasa, i have enough on my plate at the moment anyway.

edit: site is back but it's so slow i'm not going to bother. I'll try again tomorrow.
It'll give me time to get my details for the inevitable account screw-up.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
this kind of asinine thing is also something that does not inspire trust

edit: I sure am glad that my account also got nuked in the process

• This!

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I am not getting my hopes up I get everything back, thankfully it was mostly paid patches. Denpa migrated a few years back and never restored my purchases,