|OT| The Vtuber Thread | MetaHoloCouncil

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
prudis I saw that the other day but they won't ship outside of Japan and it's the lottery system anyway. tbh i'd rather have a colour themed case than the design they've gone for. Still, good for Marine!

Anteater Ryugon/DMJ put a picture of Miu as his crosshair when playing FEAR so it looked like her was shooting her, lol.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Pina is part of the "Terrible Aim Tournament" an APEX Tournament with a ton of VTubers.
By the way, Yes, Pina is terrible at APEX as she is a total rookie n00b, lol.

It looks like a 20 Squad shootout, Battle Royale? 2 Hours limit so 4 Games is probably realistic.
Terrible Aim Cup/Tournament Youtube Tags for other POVs and participants.

It's Team CPR with Charlotte, Pina, Reiny.

Pina POV

Reiny POV

Charlotte

edit: They were not great but not dreadful either. Spoiler follows.
18th out of 20 - they beat Iku sister team so that's good and they weren't last place. Yay!

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
First full Nijisanji EN Collab - Crab Game.

I've been watching Mii-chan (Phase connect) play it with other VTubers and her chat and it's a bit jank, a bit basic looking but it's tons of fun and chaos.

Speaking of Mii-chan and Reiny, they have a Humans Fall Flat collab later on.

edit: omfg, this collab is filled with anti-seiso.
It's hysterical how many innocent yet smutty phrases they are saying.
Phase Connect's Lia needs a collab with Finana asap.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Gura, Sana, Fauna, Ina Ame are having a Jackbox Party later tonight

More importantly though!

AZKI has a 3rd Anniversary Live concert tomorrow - 10am GMT!

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi!
She's sang it before, it's a great track but the anime is fudged up in the head, lol.

Korone has also sang it.

I wonder who else has sang it? It is a catchy track.

• Toucan
Reactions: 「Echo」
OP
Mutant Strawberry

Mutant Strawberry

MetaMember
Jul 1, 2020
Here's the link if anyone wants to buy any of the shirts from the Jackbox stream if you want an "official bootleg". (It was posted briefly because its probably not strictly allowed,) No idea how long it will last.

• Gib
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Wow, Sumi from Gen 4 of PRISM Project is really nervous for her debut. You thought Ame was sleep deprived, she has nothing on Sumi. Sumi is sleep-deprived and soooo nervous. She's flubbed lines and said some totally un-seiso things while nervously rambling. She'll get over it. She's gonna be fine, i reckon.

However, the debut rewatch stream on an anniversary is going to be pure and utter hell for her.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Wow, Sumi from Gen 4 of PRISM Project is really nervous for her debut. You thought Ame was sleep deprived, she has nothing on Sumi. Sumi is sleep-deprived and soooo nervous. She's flubbed lines and said some totally un-seiso things while nervously rambling. She'll get over it. She's gonna be fine, i reckon.

However, the debut rewatch stream on an anniversary is going to be pure and utter hell for her.
I liked all of the new Prism members, just not sure if I will be able to follow them as closely as I would like to.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I was watching some old clips and realised that we don't get as many Karaoke collabs mainly because of C19 restrictions but probably also licensing but i really hope that when restrictions are lifted we can get at least a couple of Karaoke Collabs again. Many of these streams were unlisted in the great purge too unfortunately. Luckily we have clips!

Fubuki going all ikimen cool.

Matsuri proving me wrong and keeping tradition and the old set alive and Nene channeling the Watame energy.

Nene and Watame at the AZKi Live collab earlier this year was amazing to see.
They were all high energy but Nene was having the time of her life. lol. I don't think she stopped moving for the whole event.

and the one that always gets me right in the kokoro.

Okayu's voice is amazing and one thing to watch in these "Orange Karaoke Club" clips is that Suisei is always mouthing the words and following the lyrics with her eyes. Always practising. That A-Chan, Suisei, Korone & Okayu Karaoke Collab is one of my favorites ever. They had so much fun it was infectious.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Elira's zatsudan streams where she clicks a button for x hours or x number of times has brought down the "I'm Pomu" site, haaaaaa.
She's currently on 159k out of 200k clicks, is chatting with Pomu and the site is back up but it's down because it's rate limited, lol.

I'm sure i posted it before but here's a link to try next month or whenever it gets unblocked.

Reactions: Durante

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Elira wishes that was true, she's at 15k out of 200k ;)
Ohhhhh, i had it on in the background and when i had a quick look there was a string of Pomu covering the Pomu total so i saw 159,xxx. I didn't notice what time the stream had started so i assumed she had been going for a while. I just now had a look and yeah, the smaller number underneath is now on 59k. Sheeesh.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Nijisanji EN [Lazulight] 6 month-iversary tonight - Midnight GMT

Links to
Clippers' Corner Highlight - 11pm GMT
Pomu, Finana & Elira stream POV - 12am GMT

It is crazy it has only been 6 months. It feels like it has been both longer and shorter all at once. Niji EN has absolutely dominated my watch time over the past few months.

___

In other news, Haachama has an important announcement coming up

I know she has been sick and is likely getting busy with school, so it is hard to say what sort of announcement it will be, but no point worrying yet
:sweaty-blob:

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
back in 2018 i only heard of Kizunua Ai yeah... And back then I thought it was just like a fad that would go away soonish.

but then it blew up!! Thank heck.

• Comfy
OP
Mutant Strawberry

Mutant Strawberry

MetaMember
Jul 1, 2020
For those in the know, a very interesting Kson collab happened yesterday.

never expected a coco x mel x choco from hololive collab

• Eyes
Reactions: Gintaro

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Where were you all when AzKi debuted? (15 Nov 2018)
I was listening the Kizuna Ai, Vocaloid and Uitate stuff but not really paying attention to the artists and mainly listening to playlists etc.
I was aware of Live2D and avatars as it was mentioned in tech articles, blogs and videos and Nyanners had been using tech to maintain anonymity and a persona.

I actually was aware of AZKi's music WAY before i was aware of AZKi as i'd heard her early stuff.

There's a reason AZKi is my oshi. I was in the Rabbit Hole before i knew there was one.

I didn't get really into the VTuber Hole until late 2019 when more clips were starting to appear and more and more were being subbed. I used to watch the same clips from different clippers and subbers of varying quality to get the whole picture. Often there would be longer clips that were only partially translated and there would be overviews in the comments. Many were also transferred from NicoNico or BilliBilli too. I rarely watched streams live because of the language and time differences.

To be clear i was watching stuff from Nijisanji and Hololive but didn't really pay attention to who was what for a long while. Unfortunately a lot of things were taken down in the big purge but clips are still about and some videos do get unprivated now and then.

Then C19, Lockdowns and Work-From-Home started and the whole scene exploded to where we are at today. It's been quite a ride.

I was thinking about getting my act together and making a VTuber Thread as i was sure it was unlikely i was the only person on Meta who was trying to watch this stuff when this thread appeared, so thanks for that.

( FFS you lot need to step up! A quarter of the posts in this thread are mine, lol. I didn't think it was that many! )

• Comfy

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Nice. That was awesome. heh heh heh.
Shouldn't it just be a video of her talking to her "uncle" on the phone and asking for a job?

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: Durante

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
FYI Suisei fans and Hoshiyomi. Suisei and Kiara will be fangirling about the "Tales of" series this saturday on Kiara's channel. Kiara says that they contacted her and said they still wanted her to do stuff for them and so there's a partially prerecorded/partially live chat with Suisei.

Kiara Youtube Schedule - Week of 15th November

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Calli was back on Trash Taste recently. I wonder what they changed this time as there were rumours it was too difficult for them to do again so they must have changed something in the workflow. I don't usually watch them tbh i just catch clips and highlights every few weeks which is why i missed it.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Midday tomorrow is 20:00 JST 11/18 isn't it? They're GMT+8 if i remember correctly.
Youtube says it's ~20 hours away.

edit:
DOH! I see what you mean!
Even i didn't pick up on that... Haachama did tho.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Totally missed this until Kiara and Ina mentioned it in the Animal Crossing stream.
It seems even Myth didn't know it was going to be tweeted out.

HoloMyth 3D is all arranged but it's being delayed. Understandable.
It's going to be immense when they can all meet up in person in Japan and unveil their 3D models.

HoloID Gen 1 3D will be awesome to watch also whenever that happens!

OP
Mutant Strawberry

Mutant Strawberry

MetaMember
Jul 1, 2020
Totally missed this until Kiara and Ina mentioned it in the Animal Crossing stream.
It seems even Myth didn't know it was going to be tweeted out.

HoloMyth 3D is all arranged but it's being delayed. Understandable.
It's going to be immense when they can all meet up in person in Japan and unveil their 3D models.

HoloID Gen 1 3D will be awesome to watch also whenever that happens!
In today's epic Jump King endurance stream, Calli said that she's been practicing dancing for her 3D (And working so much she finds difficulty standng up.)
But while she could technically have her 3D any time, given her location....., she refuses to get it until the other myth girls are there.

• Love

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Looks like Holomems are on Animal Crossing fever now. :flare_lmao:

I'm not really an Animal Crossing fan so I mostly alt-tabbed out when Flare was playing it the other night. :flare_mogu:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
"No way on this planet Earth would i debut without the other girls."
"I think they ( Cover ) know that too and wouldn't even offer it to me."

Cover know they will probably have stupid numbers of viewers at the HoloMyth 3D Debut and i really doubt they want to dilute that even though any of Myth having a solo 3D debut would make big numbers. A group 3D debut and merch, whoooooo.

I know Gura was REALLY excited at the new Animal Crossing stuff and couldn't wait to play and because she'd spoken about it to some of the other HoloEN girls during Minecraft chats and they were big AC players too. It was why i was a bit surprised to see that Ina and Kiara were first in EN? Turns out Mama'nis is BIG into Animal Crossing like MamaTori is BIG into Minecraft. lol.

Polka and Flare had fun today too. Noel and Marine are also visiting each other's islands.

Last edited:
  • Comfy

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Some of the many clips from this stream of Ollie and Bae winding up and playing up for Roberu like annoying little sisters, lol.

Last edited:
  • Toucan

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
(click for full size)

I just noticed this in Botan's latest BF2042 Stream. But I wonder for how long they've been copy-pasting this into the video descriptions? It's surely not just Botan right?

• Comfy

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I just noticed this in Botan's latest BF2042 Stream. But I wonder for how long they've been copy-pasting this into the video descriptions? It's surely not just Botan right?
I think it's been there for a while. I started noticing it since Coco & Haachama's suspension last year. But not everyone had this notice up in their streams. Flare doesn't, and neither does Korone, for example.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I think it's been there for a while. I started noticing it since Coco & Haachama's suspension last year. But not everyone had this notice up in their streams. Flare doesn't, and neither does Korone, for example.
ah yeah, that timing and circumstances... makes sense. Probably than I am just very lttp lol, and blind. :p

• Comfy

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
IPN is subbing for Qu-chan in the Apex scrims with Selen and Mitwun right now. They turned the poor guy into Ipien.

Last edited: