|OT| The Wallpaper Place - Gee, I wonder what it's about

SkyStarblaze

Starlit Entity
Aug 20, 2020
Nice that we have a thread for that here! :D

I honestly use the same wallpaper on my gaming PC since 2010... it's gotten stale but every time I try to change it it just feels wrong and off so yeah :p

OP
Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

Hello thread !
Long time no see. Have another of my classic rotation. I have a thing for urban things. And for tatoos. Why, yes, for women, too :blushblob:

OP
Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
New wallpaper !

It's the work of an artist named Alena Aenami (Alena Aenami).
Because I'm into urban, lightning is nice and I'm very much into lightning, and it even plays with my personal fondness for the Androgyn myth.
It's also everything my pitiful life may never experience, but I guess that's a tad dark :neutral-face:

OP
Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
There is a disturbing lack of post here. Do you people not have a phone only use a black wallpaper ? :smiling-eyes:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I use the inbuilt "Cityscapes" rotating wallpaper playlist on my Android phone because i love City Skylines and perspectives.
I tend to keep my wallpapers relatively simple so they don't look too busy with icons etc on top of them.

This is my current Desktop Wallpaper and i've used it for nearly 2 years now because it makes me smile, it's not too bright, it's not too busy and it makes me smile.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I had that Fallout 3 wallpaper for years. It's a classic and i still remember the battles i fought there even though i haven't touched the game for a long, long time.

Reactions: Stevey

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
The January papers are in: FGO themed again, i wanted to do Vtuber theme this month but eh, it hard to find good wallpapers of my favorites.

Had to do a slight color filter for the one on the right. I normally hate majority bright/white papers, so I booted up Photoshop and dropped the white level to a more manageable 215.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
After several years i changed my lalafell wall paper for this one i found in my downloads folder. I went and found the source thread for credits.

I resized it for my desktop and opened it up in Paint.net so i could put a circular mask on the bright lamp on the right-hand side.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Ah right. If people ever want me to source my wallpapers, don't hesitate to ask!

After several years i changed my lalafell wall paper for this one i found in my downloads folder. I went and found the source thread for credits.

I resized it for my desktop and opened it up in Paint.net so i could put a circular mask on the bright lamp on the right-hand side.
Oh that's a nice paper! Do you have an ultrawide monitor?

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
No just 2560x1440 but i usually resize backdrops that are larger than that. I've dimmed the bright light on the right-hand side too.
I've had it a year but only decided to change wallpaper the other day.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Well i only use Apple devices outside of my gaming laptop so that works for me :smiling-face-with-open-mouth:
It's a good wallpaper that ive used as well. I edited my post to a site that collects all the OSX/macOS wallpapers in high res, in case you wanna use it without the windows logo

Apple usually ships decent default wallpapers anyways :)

Reactions: Satori