|OT| This is the Anime Thread, Darling~~

「Echo」

どこ見てんだよ?
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Ep. 17 of Mushoku Tensei, oof. Big emotional payoff the last two episodes but especially this one. I really love this one. It's an isekai but manages to feel quite fresh.

Up to Ep. 17 of Demon Slayer also, and my interest is beginning to wane severely. These sidekicks are awful and so one note. 😓 The shonen tropes are showing too. >_< bah. I think i'll finish out this season given how close i am, but i dunno if i'll continue to Season 2 with how it's going so far...

Ep. 7 of Wonder Egg Priority. Really liking this one... something feels a tad off though and i can't place it. Like maybe... there is more to the plot and it's not coming through yet. Or at least it's not been made obvious... Almost like a Madoka situation?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cacher

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Another good Ghost Game episode. Also lmao that the "Cursed Song" the episode is about is the first ending theme from Adventure 2020 😂 (the song is good, but the show not from everything I've heard).
I hope that they'll shake things up soon though, or things might get repetitive.

I've also binged the first half of the 2nd 86 cour and yep. Good stuff. Really good stuff. Will probably wait until the end of the season and then binge the rest.

Reactions: Cacher

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Bunch of new announcements from Anime Limited for upcoming blu ray releases :D

Blood c
El Hazard
Kakegurui S1
Boogiepop Phantom
Kaiba
Belladonna of Sadness
Seraph of the End
Code Geass movie 1-4
Silver Spoon S1+2
Cardcaptor Sakura
Mu Hime

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

「Echo」

どこ見てんだよ?
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
No updates yet on my other watches, but man... Mushoku Tensei 18 was last night. And they just keep pouring on the feels. 😅 All these family reunions... They must be buttering us up for some tough drama soon...

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Mark your calendars.

I just hope the Eva Ultimate Edition will make it here on time before the Xmas holiday considering the global delay in air freight.

• Comfy
Reactions: 「Echo」

「Echo」

どこ見てんだよ?
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
on a whim, I watched the first F/SN Heaven's Feel movie yesterday. And man, I had lots of fanboy moments. And the production values are insaneeeee.

I wanted to binge the next two movies ASAP, but I recognized in my condition that probably it was better to sleep so i did. But today! Today I will binge those.
=======

Updates for some of my other watches...

Wonder Egg Priority: 10/12 Episodes down, we've reached the point where it seems to be falling apart the end. Introducing all these new things and concepts but without explanation... It's almost like a 2nd season was being planned for but they couldn't land funding or interest or something... =/
Still props to the animation studio!! Every episode is beautiful, like a movie.

Kimetsu no Yaiba: 19/26 Episodes down. Not a whole lot of good to say about this. It looks pretty. But it reminds me why I largely gave up with Shounen series.

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao and Cacher

「Echo」

どこ見てんだよ?
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Has there been any news on the Blu-ray release of the final EVA rebuild? I'm waiting for that to do a re-watch of 1-3 and than finally cap it off with the 4th and final...
=====

On the subject of movies, I did indeed binge the last two F/SN Heaven's Feel movies the day I said I would. And my god.... they were amazing! Absolutely superb take on the VN route. (if a bit compressed for time of course). It was exceptional in every regard, from cinematography and pacing to music and bombastic visuals.

... Just spectacular the whole way through. Doubly so as a lifetime F/SN | Nasuverse fan.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Just watched "A Silent Voice" whooooooo, that's a ride.
Some totally beautiful scenes and some very good framing. Also excellent use of sound and music i think. Great voicework too but damn i just wanted to shake the whole lot of them so i suppose it's a success? Bed time now it's nearly 2am, can't write long thoughtful post.

• Comfy
Reactions: 「Echo」 and Kvik

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
My Zavvi "Exclusive" Neon Genesis Evangelion Bluray boxset has turned up today while i was meetings all morning. Nice.
A week early and i'd forgotten about it.

• Gib
  • Eyes
Reactions: Kvik and 「Echo」