|OT| This is the Anime Thread, Darling~~

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
Blade of the Immortal anime cuts so much stuff from the manga I wonder if it's even worth it to continue.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
I watched the first two re:zero the other day. Not bad. Do I want to watch the rest ? Ehhh...
Peronally, I think that the first 4-5 episodes of Re:Zero are the best part of the show, after that the quality dips considerably. I'd recommend watching Mob-Psycho 100 instead for something much more offbeat and hilarious.

Reactions: Li Kao

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Speaking of isekai anime, there are no less than 5 titles for this season alone.

Six if we counted the new season of Sword Art Online into the equation. I don't think we've reached a saturation point for these yet.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Speaking of isekai anime, there are no less than 5 titles for this season alone.
Is isekai the most annoying trend in the anime/LN world or does it have a worthy rival for that "honor"? I can't imagine how many original projects are getting passed on in favor of potential money maker of this kind or VRMMO. screams in SAO

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Maybe eventually they get to one that I really liked.
Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! aka The Magic in This Other World Is Too Far Behind!

Felmenia Stingray was a genius magician. She quickly became the most distinguished magician of the Astel Kingdom after her discovery of white fire magic, which had the power to burn anything.

However, the world is in peril due to the Demon King. The kingdom's court magicians perform a summoning ritual for heroes and bring forth a hero and two youths, a boy and a girl. Unlike the girl, the young man refused to fight the Demon King alongside the Hero and demanded to be sent back to his world. The kingdom, angry with his behavior, lock him away.

Now Felmenia stands before the young man with her strongest magic, the white flame, being completely useless and asks who he is. It was already obvious to her that this man was far stronger than she was. To this he simply responds:

"Yakagi Suimei, a magician."
Compared to most Isekai it actually has interesting world building and a really, really interesting and well thought out magic system instead of going for the lazy "it's like a game" shortcut. Though I suspect that part is something that probably wouldn't survive an adaption to begin with, but welp.
It's also very amusing to have a main character getting summoned from a version of our world where magic secretly exists into a fantasy world where magic exists publicly but is a complete joke to what he knows, even though he's far from OP in the real world.

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Re:Zero has cute maids :H02eating:

That said, all Isekai is bad, except Konosuba and the light novel i started writing

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Is isekai the most annoying trend in the anime/LN world or does it have a worthy rival for that "honor"? I can't imagine how many original projects are getting passed on in favor of potential money maker of this kind or VRMMO. screams in SAO
Well, there was a period of time when we see a lot of harem magic school anime. :dana_blanket:

But yeah, these days anime like Boku dake ga Inai Machi or Subete ga F ni Naru are so far in-between, while we see a lot of isekai of varying qualities each season.

EDIT: Apparently I missed one more:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
CGI aside, I'm not too keen about giving The Major a softer look. She's already attractive enough.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
There are games on PC which look better. What is the budget for this atrocity? :face-with-cold-sweat:

My unironic love for ARISE is about to look a lot less strange.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Figured it was time to clean up some unfinished shows that I really enjoyed but stopped watching for whatever reason, so I continued with Princess Principal (at ep. 10 atm). Still a good show! (y)

Despite the name it's actually a spy thriller set in a 20th century fictional London with some light magitek that kinda reminds me of Dishonored for some reason.

And the opening rules

Last edited:
Reactions: Kvik

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Btw, in case I haven't mentioned it yet, everyone should watch Majin Bone.

It's an adaption for a mobile game that apparently doesn't have much of a story, so they could do their own thing and the result is great!
Great characters with lots of development, great antagonists, proper power escalation, a banging soundtrack and hot-blooded action, this has it all.
It's also basically tokusatsu.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Figured it was time to clean up some unfinished shows that I really enjoyed but stopped watching for whatever reason, so I continued with Princess Principal (at ep. 10 atm). Still a good show! (y)

Despite the name it's actually a spy thriller set in a 20th century fictional London with some light magitek that kinda reminds me of Dishonored for some reason.
PriPri is good. I enjoyed it a lot and splurged for the limited edition Blu-rays. My only qualm is they are a little short. It need at least a 24 episode treatment.

Thankfully, a movie is coming soon.

Reactions: Ascheroth
OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

I forgot these moments in GuP lol. I've been rewatching it cuz I got the DX Version of Dream Tank Match for Switch...
Funny coincidence, i just rewatched the show a few months ago because of Das Finale.
Tho it'll probably take until 2025 for all the parts to be out
:H02dead:

Reactions: 「Echo」

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
EXPLOSION! Konosuba, the FFXIV Black Mage's favourite show. As a Trainee Black Mage i need to start watching the show to see how to play the role properly.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
You better enjoy it

you'll also need to answer who is best girl of course
4 Eps. in. I feel like there is almost no plot outside the initial setup which seems bad for something only 10 eps long. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Best girl will come later.

==========

Feels bad knowing how this goes... Ushiwaka-dono... :weary-face:

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
4 Eps. in. I feel like there is almost no plot outside the initial setup which seems bad for something only 10 eps long. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Best girl will come later.
Not sure what you mean, the show has a lot of plot

It's not really a show you watch for the story, it's an isekai parody

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I'm about to catch Ep. 8 of Babylonia myself.
=======

I'm 6 Eps into KonoSuba. I've made peace with the lack of story progression and accept it for what it is.

Best girt is Aqua. I pledge my faith to that little troll in a heartbeat. She always has me in stitches and I love when she just turns around and starts trashing people lol.

Church of Aqua. 🙏

Reactions: Kvik
OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Started watching Haifuri

I'm about to catch Ep. 8 of Babylonia myself.
=======

I'm 6 Eps into KonoSuba. I've made peace with the lack of story progression and accept it for what it is.

Best girt is Aqua. I pledge my faith to that little troll in a heartbeat. She always has me in stitches and I love when she just turns around and starts trashing people lol.

Church of Aqua. 🙏

Reactions: 「Echo」

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Ep.8 of Babylonia is.... wow. One of the best single episodes in all of anime history tbh. ... And this is still early in the story. My god.

Just from start to finish, what a rollercoaster. There isn't a being on this planet whose jaw wouldn't be on the floor during the first 15 minutes of this episode, it was that amazing.

Truly, Unlimited Budget Works. Thanks FGO whales! o_O

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Vinland Saga Ep19 was really good, but... I'm feeling this is starting to fall very short of the original work.