|OT| This is the Anime Thread, Darling~~

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
There was some talk about it earlier - I'll pitch in and say that the monogatari LN translations are actually really good. I definitely recommend them!

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
Monogatari is amazing but it could have a bit less fan service.

On the other hand, the opening shot of the series tells it all I guess...

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
After half a year of watching, I finally finished all 9 Seasons of The Office and was left with wondering what I should watch next.

Thanks to the 30 day Crunchyroll trial it was the perfect time to get back into Anime. Next thing I know I watched all Episodes of Darling in the Franxxx in a single week. Can’t really remember the last time I binged a series that fast.

As a total Anime newbie are there any similar shows on Crunchyroll? I wasn’t really into the fighting and mech parts but I guess I’m a sucker for romance. Zero Two being the best waifu probably played a big part of why I liked it so much.

Pranooy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 8, 2018
After half a year of watching, I finally finished all 9 Seasons of The Office and was left with wondering what I should watch next.

Thanks to the 30 day Crunchyroll trial it was the perfect time to get back into Anime. Next thing I know I watched all Episodes of Darling in the Franxxx in a single week. Can’t really remember the last time I binged a series that fast.

As a total Anime newbie are there any similar shows on Crunchyroll? I wasn’t really into the fighting and mech parts but I guess I’m a sucker for romance. Zero Two being the best waifu probably played a big part of why I liked it so much.
Please watch "Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso" aka "Your lie in April". It is so damn good.

Reactions: lazerfox and Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
As a total Anime newbie are there any similar shows on Crunchyroll? I wasn’t really into the fighting and mech parts but I guess I’m a sucker for romance.
If you like romance animu, this season we have Fruits Basket.

Last season we have Kaguya-sama.

And the season before that we have seishun buta yarou

Kaguya-sama and Aobuta are my personal favourite. Highly recommended.

Reactions: lazerfox

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Please watch "Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso" aka "Your lie in April". It is so damn good.
If you like romance animu, this season we have Fruits Basket.

Last season we have Kaguya-sama.

And the season before that we have seishun buta yarou

Kaguya-sama and Aobuta are my personal favourite. Highly recommended.
Thanks for the suggestions! Oh man I don't know where to start they all look very interesting.

I'll add them to my Queue and go from there. Oh boy Animu is going to consume my life.

Reactions: Kvik and prudis

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Reactions: Kvik and lazerfox
OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

FUCK I HAVE TO

Reactions: lazerfox and Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I've been following Watanabe's new anime and it's captivating.

It has really good usage of music, out of his recent works. Probably the best I've heard since Bebop.

Sadly Netflix has the streaming rights so the western world will have to wait months for it.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Blu-rays for Fate/Apocrypha and Last Encore are on the way! Hope to get through those soon while I'm in a Fate/ kinda mood since I've been playing Extella LINK lately.

I know I'll like Apocrypha at least since I liked the novels. I am curious how certain parts were adapted...

============
My dad binged all of Legend of the Galactic Heroes in under a week. What the hell.
That's really funny, but at least your papa has good taste! :p

Reactions: Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
My dad binged all of Legend of the Galactic Heroes in under a week. What the hell.
I'm just going to assume that he saw the original OVA (and not Die Neue These) which was 110 episodes in total. If so, he's a machine. It took me months to finish it.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
If there's any anime that can transform into a total asshole, then my assholenites are Terror in Resonance and Ergo Proxy. I just hate these shows so much I will never miss an opportunity to say how awful they're, and it has been more than a decade since I saw EP. Some things never change, no matter how much time passes.

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
If there's any anime that can transform into a total asshole, then my assholenites are Terror in Resonance and Ergo Proxy. I just hate these shows so much I will never miss an opportunity to say how awful they're, and it has been more than a decade since I saw EP. Some things never change, no matter how much time passes.
...i liked Terror in Resonance. :<

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
... And I adore Ergo Proxy. :face-with-cold-sweat: Like Texhnolyze I suppose it's more about the journey though. If you don't like the ride you won't like the end.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
... And I adore Ergo Proxy. :face-with-cold-sweat: Like Texhnolyze I suppose it's more about the journey though. If you don't like the ride you won't like the end.
I liked the first few episodes of EP, but then they've started to bombard viewers with various philosophical ideas that rarely landed well and episodes that didn't add anything to the narrative or characters (tv show episode?). It's not entirely dreadful like ZnT, but it's one of the few shows that I think is a little bit on the try-hard side of things.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I remember liking Ergo Proxy when I watched it way back then.
I also remember never really understanding the story, or at least the ending.
Definitely more of a journey instead of goal thing.

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
All of your recommendations are region locked for me but at least I can watch them in the browser with CR-Unblocker. Kinda annoying I can't watch with the Android TV app without a VPN.

This show has been great so far! I'm really loving the classical music

Reactions: Pranooy

Pranooy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 8, 2018
I binged season 3 of Attack on Titan which is episode 38 to episode 55, today. Holy fucking shit, the last two episodes have been insane.
Glad i binged at the right point. lol.

This show has been great so far! I'm really loving the classical music
Glad you are enjoying it. It is one of those "feel good" + "cry a lot" shows.

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I binged season 3 of Attack on Titan which is episode 38 to episode 55, today. Holy fucking shit, the last two episodes have been insane.
Glad i binged at the right point. lol.
They were fucking rad.

From the suicide charge and Levi destroying the monkey titan to Armin dying and Mikasa nuking Reiner inside out, it was so heavy on pay-off and fast pacing, followed up with that real somber, low-key drama afterwards. 👌

I remember when the first season aired, i thought the show was fairly mediocre compared to the hype it had. 😹

Pranooy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 8, 2018
They were fucking rad.

From the suicide charge and Levi destroying the monkey titan to Armin dying and Mikasa nuking Reiner inside out, it was so heavy on pay-off and fast pacing, followed up with that real somber, low-key drama afterwards. 👌

I remember when the first season aired, i thought the show was fairly mediocre compared to the hype it had. 😹
Levi is a beast and i was initially expecting him to become the titan. That would have been too OP and this is the ideal result. But really sucks that we lose Erwin. Dude was one of the coolest characters. :cry:
I really agree with the pay-off in the last two episodes; really made up for all the shit happened prior.
As soon as i watched the first episode of AOT, i knew this is something i would love.
Anyone here watching Kimetsu no Yaiba aka Demon Slayer? If not, you should. Nice art, great animation, amazing soundtrack and an above average shounen story.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Anyone here watching Kimetsu no Yaiba aka Demon Slayer? If not, you should. Nice art, great animation, amazing soundtrack and an above average shounen story.
It's the only show I'm watching this season. The manga is one of my favorite things running currently and the adaption is awesome.
And we haven't even reached the parts where it starts getting really good yet!

It looks so good.

Pranooy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 8, 2018
It's the only show I'm watching this season. The manga is one of my favorite things running currently and the adaption is awesome.
And we haven't even reached the parts where it starts getting really good yet!

It looks so good.
I read the manga too and ye the current arc is pretty damn awesome.
I got no clue how they are gonna beat Kibutsuji and top 2 demon moons.
The anime is gonna be so good, if they keep the same quality when it comes to the more action heavy arc which is almost all arcs.

Reactions: Ascheroth

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I got my Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/ Last Encore blu-rays the other day. Binged F/A already. It was great overall, really loved the action scenes too. Atalanta and Astolfo were great. Semiramis had exactly the voice I imagined for her too. I was surprised at some changes they made from the books tbh, but nothing overall that I could deem as truly negative since well, you always lose things from adaptations of books.

Next up is Last Encore. So far I'm 5 episodes in and actually, the SHAFT style is annoying me to death this time I must admit. I feel like I'm watching monogatari with a Fate skin pulled over it. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Finally got around to watching the first Nanoha movie.
God I forgot how hype that franchise is. :sweaty-blob:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I remember liking Ergo Proxy when I watched it way back then.
I also remember never really understanding the story, or at least the ending.
Definitely more of a journey instead of goal thing.
...i liked Terror in Resonance. :<
This forum is filled to the brim with good people. EP was amazing. I don't pretend I understood half the plot but the sense of journey was amazing.

I remember Texhnolyze in all its Yoshitoshi Abe fucked-up-ness. Quite a whiplash from Haibane Renmei and I can't say I loved it.

Can I clone your dad or something? Asking for a friend.

The only show I'm watching right now is Kimetsu no Yaiba and it's one of the best anime I've seen in recent memory. It's not just the visuals but the sheer atmosphere. I can't quite articulate it, it's the feeling the overall works gives through the way everything from the world to the characters are portrayed and conduct themselves. It's the kind of show that makes me feel better just watching it, there's a goodness to it.

The fact that it is a manga adaptation, meaning they aren't winging the plot (wink Darling) also greatly helps. Last but not least, soundtrack-wise this is the best and most impressive show since... I don't know, Code Geass?

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
The only show I'm watching right now is Kimetsu no Yaiba
High Five!
Yaiba is so good. And the anime hasn't even reached the parts where I actually started really getting into the manga yet! (Soon though),

Reactions: Swenhir

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
High Five!
Yaiba is so good. And the anime hasn't even reached the parts where I actually started really getting into the manga yet! (Soon though),
High Fives

The adaptation is so good I've held back on reading the manga because I think it's the best way to experience the story for the first time. And for once it's 26 episodes, meaning a proper full-length season!

Reactions: Ascheroth

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
Rewatching Madoka and I'm loving the amount of foreshadowing and hints about the whole plot it has early on

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I didn't really like Fate/Last Encore at all really.

SHAFT really botched this one. Felt like they couldn't make up their mind on style/directing cuz it was just all over the place and filled with Madoka/Monogatari scenes. Nero is a great character but even she couldn't save this...

Pranooy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 8, 2018
Mother of god, today's Attack on Titan episode was really dark and insanely good.

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
maybe someone can help me remembering a title i watched, i don't know, 94 maybe? Afair it wasn't something obscure but something known and liked back then. but if you search on google for anime, ova, astronauts,... nothing shows up obviously. only macross and gundam stuff. so does someone know what i'm talking about? more drama and grounded afair and not scifi or robots stuff.

Edit:
It was Wings of Honnêamise you nerds! Thanks for nothing!
;)

Last edited:
OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Tomorrow is the day.
Evangelion will return unto legal access via netflix!

Who is ready for a whole new generation of hot takes about Shinji being a wimp and the show being pretentious???
COS I AM NOT!

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm low-key hyped.

My first time watching Eva was from English dubbed VHS back in '98. Before that my anime menu consists largely of Dragon Ball Z lmao.

Reactions: QFNS

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Is the netflix version based on the newer blu-ray cuts? Cuz I have the blu-rays and quality wise, they're pretty dang great.

I guess if their licensed from one of the English or non-Japanese pubs, it wouldn't be. Since the BR's haven't been released outside of Japan yet to my knowledge.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I kind of wish Netflix went with the superior 'whiny boy in a mecha savesdestroys the world' anime, instead of the lesser NGE thing...

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Is this Rahxephon? I don't 100% remember how it ended though, so maybe I'm wrong...
Started writing the post thinking of Rahxephon, but finished with Eureka Seven in mind.
All three pale before the greatness of Space Runaway Ideon
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.