|OT| This is the Anime Thread, Darling~~

Ascheroth

Writing in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
This Demon Slayer episode :love:

First that fight at the beginning was awesome.
And then I was laughing for the rest of the episode.

And I'm unbelievably hyped for this second cour.
Y'all gotta watch it.

Reactions: Pranooy

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Symphogear was fire :sweaty-blob::sweaty-blob:
No Opening yet, unfortunately :(

That transformation sequence, though :sweaty-blob:

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Degenerate and Proud
Nov 1, 2018
So, i started watching Cells At Work and reading the manga in tandem, because the first 5 volumes were in the Humble Manga Bundle and i have to say the manga is clearly suprior for the dumbest of reasons.

The Manga actually explains the body functions in its panels so you can understand the jokes without being a doctor and even learn something from it, which is great, it feels legit educational, but the anime is completely failing that because it doesn't explain shit and just expects you to know how white blood cells operate in a lymph duct, which i now only did because i read the manga chapter prior.

Gonna stick with it some more, but i'll probably stop watching if that doesn't change and read the manga only.

Knurek

OG King of Weeb
Oct 16, 2018
So, i started watching Cells At Work and reading the manga in tandem, because the first 5 volumes were in the Humble Manga Bundle and i have to say the manga is clearly suprior for the dumbest of reasons.

The Manga actually explains the body functions in its panels so you can understand the jokes without being a doctor and even learn something from it, which is great, it feels legit educational, but the anime is completely failing that because it doesn't explain shit and just expects you to know how white blood cells operate in a lymph duct, which i now only did because i read the manga chapter prior.

Gonna stick with it some more, but i'll probably stop watching if that doesn't change and read the manga only.
You'd know that shit by heart if you've watched the OG best anime:

Kvik

Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I agree with what you said, but I always think of the anime as a companion piece of the manga and this didn't diminish my enjoyment in any way. And obviously I will always recommend to read the manga first before watching the anime.

Check out Hataraku Saibou Black as well if you got the chance.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Symphogear Episode 2

That opening.
And Kirika transformation scene.
And action.
And concert.
And massacre.

New opening is great

And we get another transformation scene (note: it's a bit lewd)

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Degenerate and Proud
Nov 1, 2018
Whyyyyy.
Had the Studio eben involved in any controversies recently, or why would someone do such a horrible thing to the people there?

Kvik

Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm not aware of a controversy, if any. From what I've heard KyoAni is actually one of the better studios who look after their employees well. So it's doubly sad that this happened to them.

Sentai Filmworks apparently has set up a GoFundMe, although I'm not sure if it's official.

Some eyewitness reports in this article (warning: graphic description).

and report from NHK.

Last edited:

fsdood

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2019
is this some crazed otaku that did this? why would anyone do this?

Sentai Filmworks apparently has set up a GoFundMe, although I'm not sure
I'd rather wait if there's going to be an official one or at least confirming it's official

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
This is horrible. I googled it and you can literally see the death count rising based on the date of the articles reporting on it as more get confirmed, with 33 dead and 36 injured being the latest.
Fuck.

「Echo」

漂う夢のまにまに
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
33 dead, 36 injured... There were 73 people in that building so that's some grim math.

Hope the Hospital can keep the perp alive and Police get answers for this senseless violence. And when it's all over I hope the families get closure when the scum is sentenced to hang. (Yes, In Japan our death penalty is by hanging.)

NarohDethan

Anime threads enthusiast
Apr 6, 2019
33 dead, 36 injured... There were 73 people in that building so that's some grim math.

Hope the Hospital can keep the perp alive and Police get answers for this senseless violence. And when it's all over I hope the families get closure when the scum is sentenced to hang. (Yes, In Japan our death penalty is by hanging.)
Yeah thay guy is fucked. Such senseless violence, sigh.