|OT| This is the Anime Thread, Darling~~

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
It's gonna fookin' merge this post I just know it... but it's new material damnit!
============

We somehow ended up discussing old-ass anime memes on the GFL/Gacha-Era discord I mod, and we came up with the following.

• Gainax Pose (Nowadays seen in many anime/games outside of Gainax)
  • Nice boat.
  • White Devil Nanoha
  • Miya Can Can

Anyone remember some other old anime memes? :unsure: Some of these are really fun to google and relive the nostalgia lol.

Edit:

lol.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
That sick Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba episode looked sick. :sweaty-blob: :sweaty-blob:
I'm so happy that ufotable got to adapt it, and that they put so much care into it.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
That sick Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba episode looked sick. :sweaty-blob: :sweaty-blob:
I'm so happy that ufotable got to adapt it, and that they put so much care into it.
You got that right. What an amazing episode! The art, not just the animation, is bonkers.

Reactions: Ascheroth
OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Vinland Saga episode 6 was incredible

They managed to create some real good, heart breaking drama with a little arc that only spanned this single episode.
I really felt sorry for that old woman when she realized vikings are about to slaughter her village

That said, the part about the language barrier was badly done when you're watching japanese with subs

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Vinland Saga episode 6 was incredible

They managed to create some real good, heart breaking drama with a little arc that only spanned this single episode.
I really felt sorry for that old woman when she realized vikings are about to slaughter her village

That said, the part about the language barrier was badly done when you're watching japanese with subs

Still think the manga is a lot better but the faithfulness of the shots and the intent behind them is amazingly respectful.

To be fair, it's a monthly serialization and the level of care and skill Makoto Yukimura can afford to pour into his drawings far exceeds what an anime production could ever hope to match.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Demon Slayer is big now. :partyblob:
I hope it's not the only anime he watched :p

I think that statement is a bit hyperbolic, but I'm really happy the series is blowing up like this.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I said I was gonna watch Escaflowne next, but ended up wathcing Crest of the Stars instead lol. So far I'm on Episode 3.

The music is crazy, it's like they had a full orchestra on hand at all times lol.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I said I was gonna watch Escaflowne next, but ended up wathcing Crest of the Stars instead lol. So far I'm on Episode 3.

The music is crazy, it's like they had a full orchestra on hand at all times lol.
The funny thing is that they should have called the sequels not Banner but Chest of the Stars. The amount of boob shots was something else.
Still a great series.

Reactions: 「Echo」
OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Thinking of the upcoming Vinland Saga episode just made me think of that one time the german public broadcasting service used tax money to produce an anime for the german audience.

The japanese OP:

The german OP:

That in return made me think of other old and odd anime productions i watched as a kid

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
As for me... been at a snails pace here. Just finished Episode 5 of Crest of the Stars. :whistle:

Work leavin' me too exhausted for anime most nights lol. :weary-face:

Sir Guts

Dragonslayer
Apr 11, 2019
So happy with Vinland Saga's adaptation. One of my all-time favourite mangas. Also Fire Force is good! David Production can do a great job outside of JJBA

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
1 month

edit: wooops first link was wrong

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Watched Mob Psycho 100 II last night. I really loved it. Very wholesome. My foray into anime has been pretty basic, but it's one of my favorite seasons of the stuff I watched, up there with OPM (S1) and FMA:B. It relies on the power of friendship trope pretty heavily, but I couldn't help but be charmed by its outlook on life.

Reactions: Ascheroth

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

The FGO thread on Era reminded me about Kara No Kyoukai.

Ya'll should watch KnK. It's animated by ufotable, probably one of the most prestigious studios out there these days... It doesn't require any previous knowledge of the Nasuverse, in-fact it's an easy gateway into it! KnK is a super addictive murder/mystery series of movies.

=====

Also Wanted to take a moment to recognize one of the best anime music composers in the game, Kajiura Yuki. You've probably heard music from her, she's been at it since 95! Over the course of her career she's never had a slump either, shes always consistently great.

Last edited:
OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I found out that the konosuba movie will air in German cinemas next month

I really fucking hope one of my local ones will be on the list, I want to witness glorious EXPLOSION on the big screen

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018

The FGO thread on Era reminded me about Kara No Kyoukai

Ya'll should watch KnK. It's animated by ufotable, probably one of the most prestigious studios out there these days... It doesn't require any previous knowledge of the Nasuverse, in-fact it's an easy gateway into it! KnK is a super addictive murder/mystery series of movies.

=====

Also Wanted to take a moment to recognize one of the best anime music composers in the game, Kajiura Yuki. You've probably heard music from her, she's been at it since 95! Over the course of her career she's never had a slump either, shes always consistently great.
Do you know what also features both ufotable and Kajiura Yuki (in a combo with Go Shiina)?

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba :)

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
A Shame ufotable isn't animating Babylonia, that said I hope they'll animate the Fate route at some point in the future

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Are there good new shows to watch ? Or just good not so new ?

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Am I the only one that is hesitant to watch anime based on Manga/LN that are still running? The fact that the source material hasn't finished always deflates me because you already know from the get-go you will end on a cliffhanger or a completely made-up ending.

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Am I the only one that is hesitant to watch anime based on Manga/LN that are still running? The fact that the source material hasn't finished always deflates me because you already know from the get-go you will end on a cliffhanger or a completely made-up ending.
Or you get 500 filler episodes..
I don't really worry about this, a new, made up ending can still be good and satisfying if done right.
Reversely, the official ending could be trash.
I think i wouldn't be able to watch anything if i were to worry about something being left unfinished/cancelled/dead.
While endings are of course really important, i won't regret reading or watching something as long as the journey was good, even if the ending turns out to be disappointing trash.

Naruto being a prime example of all of the above.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
No I'm the same, when I see that I usually go for the manga/LN if available if not I skip the anime.
I might go for the anime and then the manga/LN if I want to experience both as at some point they usually diverge.

I will also skip the manga if the LN is the original source material and isn't available.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Are there good new shows to watch ? Or just good not so new ?
What's your poison? I need to know the spectrum before recommending Urotsukidoji or Non non biyori to you. :02think:

Having said that, Araburu Kisetsu no Otomedomo yo (O Maidens in Your Savage Season) is really good. :02comfy:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
What's your poison? I need to know the spectrum before recommending Urotsukidoji or Non non biyori to you. :02think:

Having said that, Araburu Kisetsu no Otomedomo yo (O Maidens in Your Savage Season) is really good. :02comfy:
Hmm, that’s a damn good question I hadn’t considered. Maybe the best answer would be either interesting plot or really captivating action ? It has been years since I followed Anime and I kinda miss it, but it seems that each new season has a worse line up.
No gore fest, though I saw several Urotsukidoji, I was a horny teen in the 90’s after all.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Hmm, that’s a damn good question I hadn’t considered. Maybe the best answer would be either interesting plot or really captivating action ? It has been years since I followed Anime and I kinda miss it, but it seems that each new season has a worse line up.
No gore fest, though I saw several Urotsukidoji, I was a horny teen in the 90’s after all.
If you have not seen anything in a while then here's some stuff:

Mob Psycho 100: all around incredible
One Punch Man (only season 1): incredible action
Thunderbolt Fantasy: wuxia puppet action from Urobuchi (Madoka, Fate/Zero, Saya no Uta, etc)
Granbelm: last episode on friday, magical girl + hot-blooded super robots
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: last episode on Saturday, manga is on of my current favorites and the adaption is stellar. Takes a while to get going though.
Planet With: written by one of my favorite mangakas (Mizukami Satoshi). It's not the best looking show but it's fantastic.
Land of the Lustrous: best looking CG anime period. Everything else is stellar as well.

If you read the word "fantastic" and synonyms quite often than that's because those are from my current top favorites of recent times :p

Reactions: Kvik and Li Kao

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Watched the final 3 episodes of Granbelm today.
God that was good.
Definitely in my favorites of this entire year, y'all should give it a try.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
They announced a movie for the next arc in Demon Slayer's final episode today.
This is gonna be so hype :sweaty-blob:

Downside is that it will take a while until we'll get to see it and I sure hope they'll show it in a cinema nearby.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Neue LoGH is back.

Looks like they aged Julian a little in his Federation uniform. :02notes: