PSA Welcome to MetaCouncil!

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Thanks for the welcome!

I've been a long time lurker of both GAF (previously) and Era, but never bothered to actually register to either. I think the last time I seriously spent any time engaging with a forum was around 2005 on a White Sox board.. for a total of about 60 posts.

Hopefully I'll be able to change that and be a little more active here. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Heya everyone!
Thanks for accepting me! Mostly been a lurker in the forums i've been in, but i'll try to be more active here. This seems like a really nice place :D
Thanks for the welcome!

I've been a long time lurker of both GAF (previously) and Era, but never bothered to actually register to either. I think the last time I seriously spent any time engaging with a forum was around 2005 on a White Sox board.. for a total of about 60 posts.

Hopefully I'll be able to change that and be a little more active here. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.
welcome, welcome! :D

and yeah, it is pretty nice in here ... lots of friendly people :)

Reactions: Deleted member 113

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Trifrost

Apr 17, 2019
... and also welcome to Trifrost and Solaris! good to have you here ... hope you'll enjoy it in here! :)
Thanks lashman!

I've been lurking here for a bit now and pretty much exclusively lurked for years over at GAF/ERA, but after the shitshow of the last few months and now Jase leaving that was pretty much it for me so decided to register today.

I just want to read/talk about PC gaming in peace.. so hey everyone and thanks for the welcome.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Is there a simple post/thread about how this place got started? I have to admit that I hadn't ever heard of it until the recent explosion over in the PC Gaming thread on Era.
not really, no ... not that i'm aware of

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
so many new arrivals

welcome to OMEGALUL, DollEyes, grosso_modo3, Minerva, Sioul, Velasco, Katsyo, xinek, Dragon1893, Dan Longman, FireEmoji, finalebread, tuna_love, RedMercury, Ryna, Dekunator and hamsterstyle! glad you all decided to join ... hope you'll have a good time in here :)

and just as a reminder to everyone - i know ToS is usually boring and no one reads it ... but this timer on registration is there for a reason ;)

so please, please, PLEASE read ToS, as this forum runs on a different set of rules from most others ... just so you understand what's happening and stuff :)

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Thanks for the nice welcome! I was mostly a lurker at the last place (there are now two "other" places now lol), but I'll also try to contribute more here. I'm really looking for a home to discuss PC gaming stuff without incoherent "moderation" or 10 year olds constantly posting memes. Also, I heard anime is banned here.

hamsterstyle

Apr 17, 2019
Thank you very much for the welcome! I'm definitely not used to having accounts approved so quickly ;) I've been mostly lurking, here and on the other forums, but it seems like an opportune time to start changing that! Very happy to be a member, junior grade :)

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Thanks for the nice welcome!
no problem and welcome again! :D

but I'll also try to contribute more here
sweet!

I'm really looking for a home to discuss PC gaming stuff
that's what we're all here for :D but not just PC stuff ... most of us in here play on consoles as well :) or even read books (the horror ... THE HORROR!)

constantly posting memes
do gifs count as memes? :p i like posting gifs :(

Also, I heard anime is banned here
yes, correct ... it is the law! ... well, it's not written anywhere (as far as i'm aware) ... but i'm sure everyone would agree animu is DEFINITELY banned here, lol

it seems like an opportune time to start changing that! Very happy to be a member
very happy to have you here! also - LOVE your avatar! :D

Deleted member 113

Thanks for the nice welcome! I was mostly a lurker at the last place (there are now two "other" places now lol), but I'll also try to contribute more here. I'm really looking for a home to discuss PC gaming stuff without incoherent "moderation" or 10 year olds constantly posting memes. Also, I heard anime is banned here.
Well, here you can freely talk about PC topics that usually get people worked up, like emulation, without being called a pirate.

But, with the good, there's always a bad.

These forums have a bit of a shlooter problem, right Gevin ?
:thinking-blob:

Very happy to be a member, junior grade :)
You can change that tag to anything you'd like in your profile. ;)

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
that's what we're all here for :D but not just PC stuff ... most of us in here play on consoles as well :) or even read books (the horror ... THE HORROR!)
I totally read books! I also play on Switch and PS4, so there.

do gifs count as memes? :p i like posting gifs :(
I'm actually too old to make this judgment, but I don't think gifs count as memes.

yes, correct ... it is the law! ... well, it's not written anywhere (as far as i'm aware) ... but i'm sure everyone would agree animu is DEFINITELY banned here, lol
Good. As long as that's true and that I'll never have to see "SEE STAFF POST" again, we're all good.

Well, here you can freely talk about PC topics that usually get people worked up, like emulation, without being called a pirate.
This is so nice. I've just started getting into emulation a bit, and I'm looking forward to learning more about it.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I totally read books! I also play on Switch and PS4, so there.
that's awesome ... because we actually have a book thread too! :D

I'm actually too old to make this judgment, but I don't think gifs count as memes.
sweet ... we're good then! 👍

Good. As long as that's true and that I'll never have to see "SEE STAFF POST" again, we're all good.
it's impossible for anyone to make a staff post here, there is no staff, lol ... but there is crowd moderation in place :)

This is so nice. I've just started getting into emulation a bit, and I'm looking forward to learning more about it.
ohhh ... someone should totally make a general emulation thread ... that would be sweet ... i don't think there is one yet

Reactions: Deleted member 113