|OT| Where We Game 2020 - RGB Lights Optional

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Recently got a lot of new things like the keyboard, wall mount for the monitor, microphone with an arm and filter, external audio interface and headphones. I finally transferred from a headset to a dedicated mic + headphones combo and let me say that the difference in quality is huge.

Also, a small bonus for any animechads (and Kakegurui fans) here:
Just had this beauty hanged on Friday. Really happy with how it turned out considering the price I paid (it's a canvas print on demand, the sketch itself was done by Artgerm).

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
This thread doesn't need to be limited to just the gaming setup, if someone wants to show their whole apartment or house, that would be awesome!
For a second there I read that as, "this should be limited to just gaming setups". I was a little scared since I wanted to show off some off my other stuff in the future.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
This thread doesn't need to be limited to just the gaming setup, if someone wants to show their whole apartment or house, that would be awesome!
Don't mind if I do, then. I'm just gonna link an album so it's easier to look. This is pretty much my whole room except for my bed (not showing that, too messy :p) which has a signed T-shirt of my local female handball team hanging on the wall to its left and a TV hanging on a steep wall in front of it (I can lie comfortably and it's aligned perfectly to my eyes, great for my neck).

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

My boring setup. I barely use the desk, it was quite literally covered in dust up until just a few days ago.
I need to get a new tv stand and a better table for mouse and keyboard. Right now I'm just using whatever lower parts of a bookshelf thing I picked up from flea market. I also need a new chair.

I guess a new desk would be good too, but right now it would be a waste of money. I want one before I move though, the current one is stupidly heavy.

Also, I don't have anything on my walls. Is that weird?

Last edited:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Recently got a lot of new things like the keyboard, wall mount for the monitor, microphone with an arm and filter, external audio interface and headphones. I finally transferred from a headset to a dedicated mic + headphones combo and let me say that the difference in quality is huge.

Also, a small bonus for any animechads (and Kakegurui fans) here:
Just had this beauty hanged on Friday. Really happy with how it turned out considering the price I paid (it's a canvas print on demand, the sketch itself was done by Artgerm).
Is that a thermaltake overseer rx1 case?
I was running that one for years!
Awesome!

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Is that a thermaltake overseer rx1 case?
I was running that one for years!
Awesome!
Yep, that's the one. Bought it way back when full towers were much cheaper than they are now. I think it's 8 years old at this point, but I see no reason to change it yet. Got additional Arctic fan for it recently and mounted it on the underside.

Reactions: ISee

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
just rearranged the office and got some new furniture so here's the current setups:

pc in the office
desk set up in the corner

room for vr now, plus a little cat perch/storage drawers next to the window

cat perch in use

off to the left side i have some cool art from jeff "chamba" cruz who's kinda famous for doing art for street fighter comics and such. need to find a better place to put these

console/tv in the living room
forgive the mostly empty shelves. i'm moving in a month or two so i already packed the little statues and amiibos and such

and yes, i'm one of the few who still uses the kinect spy cam but i love me some voice commands

Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Since I just posted a photo of my monitor in the steam thread, I figured I'd update my setup photo. I moved last year so it's completely different now. Well, the PC itself and some peripherals are the same but you get the idea.
The laptop is for work. In home office I hook that up to the screen on the left. The screen on the right is relatively new and my main one now (curved, 31.5", 144 hz, Freesync, HDR...quite nice all around). Although having two very large screens might be a bit too much ;)

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I've been meaning to do this for a couple months. I'm scared to due to the higher temps, how much higher were you getting? and it looks good the way you've gotten it now!
Well with it on the floor my GTX 1080 got up to 80C today, but that's running stuff 1440p@165hz, with the other monitor 1080p@60hz.
Never recall seeing it go above low 70s before when it was on the desk.

But the ambient temperature of this room has been the mid 20s and it's pretty humid.

• Love
Reactions: dummmyy and lashman

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
wow, this is amazing! :awwblob:
Believe me, the rat's nest of wires obscured behind the tables is... much less amazing. 😅 You can actually already see the cable monster peeking out from behind the mid tower...

... and since I'm terrible at cable management, the PC is getting exiled back to my work desk in a month. RIP PC/console utopia!

• Toucan
Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019

don't mind the mess. very happy about the newly acquired Herman Miller Aeron! Just got it this past weekend

how many jar jar binks can u spot. don't ask.
I keep seeing this kind of mechanical keyboards all over the internet, WHICH KEYBOARDS ARE THEY??

• Toucan
Reactions: dummmyy

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Difficult to tell unless you're a REAL Keyboard nerd but it's probably an 80% TKL keyboard. The closest keyboard i could think of is the Vortex Race 3.
That looks like some form of mix-n-match mongrel keyset based on Miami.

Reactions: Stevey

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
it's an AKKO 3084. Was given to me as a gift, but I would love one of those Vortex Race 3's that EdwardTivrusky is talkin' about
oooooh, that was my other thought after looking on Amazon but i went with the Vortex Race 3.
I like the look of the 80% TKL boards but that nav-key layout would drive me mad until i got used to it. I deally i want another TKL like my CM Storm which has the numpad but removes the nav-key cluster.

Reactions: dummmyy

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
oooooh, that was my other thought after looking on Amazon but i went with the Vortex Race 3.
I like the look of the 80% TKL boards but that nav-key layout would drive me mad until i got used to it. I deally i want another TKL like my CM Storm which has the numpad but removes the nav-key cluster.
Look up in Google... You mean people don't use Page Up/Down and Home ? How ? :anguished-face:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I only engage numlock when i need to type numbers and then use the numpad as a big nav-cluster.
It means they keyboard is narrower than a full width keyboard but has more keys than a standard TKL keyboard which gets rid of the numpad.
It means i get more keys and it helps with my posture for my shoulders and arms and really helped stop my RSI aches i was starting to get after 30+ years as a keyboard jockey.

This one but the CoolerMaster Storm Quickfire TKL version

and this one...

I also have an Anker Vertical Mouse which is of the "Shark Fin" style and that helped a ton too. It's horrid for gaming so i only use it for work.

Don't get me started on my keyboards, lol, i have about 6 of them but none of them are mad expensive just a couple of Ducky and CoolerMaster and an Xtrfy Retro.

• Hug
Reactions: xinek and Li Kao