|OT| Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - the arpg's are back in town

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Oh yeah, I just mean in terms of steam reviews. I think most people who are playing it are enjoying it.

Reactions: lashman

CthulhuSars

Nov 2, 2018
Oh yeah, I just mean in terms of steam reviews. I think most people who are playing it are enjoying it.
This is how I see it. Game is getting slammed hard but on my social media and friends groups that stay away from online game discussion the game is being enjoyed by a lot of people playing it.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Got the perfect item for my spin to win barb

Follow up:
Oh man, this would've been great on my online character. I was going bow there before the servers went kaput

Last edited:

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
I've read about a bug that let people farm infinite items or something like that?
Is there some kind of market where people can sell items like early Diablo 3?

Reactions: inky

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
No, there is only basic trading between friends. There are a few exploits but if you don't partake it shouldn't be a problem.

Ran into an interesting bug where my Steam achievements unlocked for finishing Act 3, but not for Act1 or 2 or even for reaching level 30. Weird.

Last edited:

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
No, there is only basic trading between friends. There are a few exploits but if you don't partake it shouldn't be a problem.

Ran into an interesting bug where my Steam achievements unlocked for finishing Act 3, but not for Act1 or 2 or even for reaching level 30. Weird.
mmm I see. I'll keep an eye on how it proceeds, I've read about a bug that deletes characters too

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
mmm I see. I'll keep an eye on how it proceeds, I've read about a bug that deletes characters too
I think that is fixed OR it could be database issue where you need to relog a few times till the server correctly pulls your data.

But yeah, there are quite a few issues still.

OP

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
new patch coming

Hello everyone,

First of all, we want to thank you for your patience. It has been a rocky launch and we clearly weren’t expecting that much passion for Wolcen.
We know that the connection issues and bugs you currently encounter are frustrating and prevent you from fully appreciating the game, and we want to assure you that we’re doing our best to resolve all these problems as fast as possible.

However, following the situation that occurred last Friday with the data loss, we now know that we can’t continue to apply hotfixes and patches the way we’ve always done so far. We have to coordinate with our partners to monitor the situation and make sure that we won’t encounter any major database issues.

Since there are higher chances that such issues occur when a lot of players try to join the servers at once, we had to take two temporary measures:

• The server capacities are currently limited to a certain amount of concurrent players.
  • We can only perform one patch per week and we need to coordinate with our partners to push it.

The situation will be improved, we’re currently in the process of upgrading our servers infrastructure. The next patch will already bring some enhancements that will allow us to increase the limit of concurrent players, and we will continue to increase it if we notice improvements.

Our team is also working on the various issues spotted since the release, including critical ones. Here is the patch note for the patch that will be applied this week.

• Fixing a crash on connection if a player starts an endgame "transmutation forge" project.
  • Fixing an issue allowing players to have more passive skill nodes activated than their total points would allow.
  • Fixing item duplication via chest panel issue (offline).
  • Fixing stackable items duplication.
  • Fixing invalid sell price on stacked items.
  • Fixing an issue that caused a chest panel deletion when changing acts.
  • Fixing item deletion when exiting the game while dragging an item from the inventory.
  • Fixing an issue causing players to fall from act 1 boss' platform while using Warpath.
  • Fixing an issue causing crafting reagents to ignore lower tier gems when selecting magic effects.
  • Fixing an issue preventing DOT damage bonuses to be displayed in the character sheet detail panel.

• Fixing an issue making items on the ground hard to pick up depending on the framerate.

• Fixing an issue preventing summoned minions bonuses to work.
  • The Wealth Omens cannot be possessed by Parasite anymore.
  • Fixing an issue preventing Livor Mortis damage redirection to work.
  • Fixing an issue causing Livor Mortis damage redirection to invalidate player magic effects.

• Fixing an issue preventing offline characters to be saved.

• Fixing issues regarding network load & unretrieved data.

• Fixing an issue to prevent player from going to Helmshire before talking to Valeria during "Dawnbringer"
  • Fixing two soft-locks preventing players to go in the Monolith
  • Remove double objectives while exiting Battlefield Overlook during "Infiltration"
  • Fixing progression issue in Cell-F Ramparts during "The Gates of Fury"
  • Remove quest FX on Sirkis’ cutscene during "The Bane of the Storm"
  • Improve Edric and Val’s stability during "Children of Heimlock"
  • Improve behavior of the fast travel tutorial during "Meet the Purifiers"
  • Improve transition from gameplay to the last cutscene during "Children of Heimlock"
  • Improve clarity of the objectives on quest "Chasing Val"
  • Improve script of the quest "Chasing Val"
  • Improve script around Zima's dialog during "Creeping Shadows"
  • Fixing a wrong dialog portrait displayed during "Children of Heimlock"
  • Fixing an issue preventing players from talking to Zima in act 2.
  • Fixing an issue preventing players from progressing further during act 2.

• Fixing a bug allowing Eos "Dawn's pious striker" to kill certain story bosses under 15% of their max health when used in combination with "Sudden Death".
  • Fixing an issue with the Endgame special boss preventing loot to drop upon death.
  • Fixing an issue with the Endgame special boss that sometimes didn't have the right level.

• Replacing the bonus to "health on this item" on Purifier's Statement unique spaulder by a "maximum health" bonus. Existing items will be rerolled.
  • Fixing the “additional stamina points” magic effect on boots being unable to roll on high level items.
  • Fixing the Macksfesten Enneract cosmetic mismatch that made it appear as an unknown weapon and without any mesh.

• Fixing a bug with Child Of Fury node "Blistering Embrace" and "Shattering Strike". They didn't work properly.
  • White Arrow node "Acute Tracking" now allows for a maximum of 10 "Cold Blooded" points, up from 5 maximum points.
  • Siegebreaker node "Secure Parry" now gives 0.1% Health Regeneration per "Inexorable" point down from 10% Health Regeneration per "Inexorable Point". Percentages are hard.
  • Siegebreaker node "Bane of Tyranny" now has its correct value too ! Your Damage is now increased by +0.5 multiplier by your equipped Shield'S block chance instead of 50. Again.. percentages are hard !

• Aspects of the Apocalypse balance: we reduced their duration and increased their damage in order to make these forms more impactful in comparison with non-Apocalypse damage per second.
    Base damages of all Aspects of Apocalypse skills have been increased by 60%.

Aspect of Dawn:

• Immaculate Score: increase cost from 5 -> 40
  • Immaculate Score: increase damage multiplier by 100%
  • Dawn Choir: increase cost from 10 -> 60
  • Dawn Choir: increase damage multiplier by 300%
  • Will of the Protector: increase cost from 20 -> 60
  • Hammer of the Aurora: increase cost from 20 -> 100
  • All-Cleansing Light: increase cost from 100 -> 200

Aspect of War

• Frenzy attack: increase cost from 5 -> 40
  • Frenzy attack: increase damage multiplier by 100%
  • Charge of the First warrior: increase cost from 20 -> 60
  • Charge of the First warrior: increase damage multiplier by 200%
  • Unfliching Assault: increase cost from 10 -> 20
  • Scorching Obelisk: increase cost from 20 -> 100
  • Strife of Baäpheth: increase cost from 100 -> 200

Aspect of Infinity

• Biorhytmic Missiles: increase cost from 5 -> 40
  • Biorhytmic Missiles: increase damage multiplier by 150%
  • Parallel Convergence: increase cost from 10 -> 40
  • Parallel Convergence: increase damage multiplier by 200%
  • Calamitous Paradox: increase cost from 20 -> 150
  • Calamitous Paradox: reduce the bonus damage per Point of Entropy by 70%.
  • Calamitous Paradox: increased cooldown from 5 -> 10 seconds
  • Inevitable Obsolescence: increase cost from 20 -> 100
  • Inevitable Obsolescence: reduce damage multiplier by 20%.
  • Spatial Warp: increase cost per second from 25 -> 40
  • Spatial Warp: reduce max duration of the last phase from 5 seconds -> 3 seconds.
  • Spatial Warp: reduce damage multiplier of the first phase by 50%.
  • Spatial Warp: reduce damage multiplier of the second phase by 33%.
  • Spatial Warp: reduce damage multiplier of the last phase by 25%.

Aspect of Flesh

• Boneblade Incisions: increase cost from 5 -> 40
  • Boneblade Incisions: increase damage multiplier by 100%
  • Bone Shuriken: increase cost from 20 -> 40
  • Bone Shuriken: increase damage multiplier by 100%
  • Eviscerating Flurry: increase cost from 20 -> 50
  • Eviscerating Flurry: increase damage multiplier by 100%
  • The Ungering Flesh: increase cost per second from 20 -> 50
  • The Ungering Flesh: reduce damage multiplier of the final hit by 40%.

• Added "Feeding Swarm" enneract in the quest reward when you talk to Demetra for the first time.
  • Fixing a generation issue on some Maps and Reverie incense leading to the wrong area (ex: expedition with more chests that don’t have any chest).
  • Fixing some rare occurrence of the Offering Shrine to be unable to generate valid objects at a low character level.

• Restored missing sound effects, ambiance and music across the game.
  • Some performance gains from optimisations to environmental audio.

• Changed the name of Concealed Pistol, it's now named Radiant Pistol
  • You can now fast travel instead of fast tavel.
  • Removed the double occurrence of "Rogue" in the Siegebreaker "Salvatory Anchor"
  • Added missing localization for some error messages.
  • Fixing some typos in dialogues.

In addition to this, know that we're also currently working on other issues/additions and although they're not in the patch note, we're hoping that they will be resolved/added in this week's patch. If they are not, they will be in the patch next week:

• PTBR localization selection
  • Adding Korean language
  • Unable to click "Play" in multiplayer
  • Act III boss stuck during the boss fight and can't be killed
  • Unconfirmed item dupes
  • Act I boss stuck during his ultimate and can't be killed
  • Force Shield synchronization and related nodes leading Force Shield to behave strangely

Thank you for your support.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
The more I play this, the more I feel like I'm playing Barb from D3.

I have Shout, Leap, Weapon Throw, Whirlwind etc etc.

Also just hit an area that is basically Heaven from D3.

Also had a few bugs like invisible walls blocking my progress even after reloading the area, luckily there were multiple routes through that particular area.
And my primordial essence bar stopped filling up so its constantly empty

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
It really is super buggy. I hope they do a No Man's Sky and use their recent success for the good of the game.

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Bought and played it over the weekend. Reached the end of Act 2 and the Boss there seems to be even harder than the one from the end of Act 1.
Very surprised about the Story, it's a pretty okay fantasy stuff. Nothing complex or new, but mid-end act 2 was cool.
It is buggy, though not game breaking for me (so far!).

Reactions: Li Kao

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
So I've played 2 characters to level 70+. One offline and one online. I'm just starting to get into endgame crafting through the Dark Market this week and it seems it will be the last thing I'll do for now until a beefy patch enables more builds or there is some new content. Some thoughts:

The game is good fun. It is also really hard to recommend to anyone in its current state; at least more than I would almost any other game in the genre. It's easier to pick up and play than most other ones thanks to its superb audiovisual design (whether you like the Diablo+40k aesthetic is obviously subjective, but the game is very pretty), and it does some things other games rarely do, which is going for a cinematic presentation while keeping that same hefty punch during gameplay. It really is one of the best feeling arpgs out there, and it is boosted up by decent voice acting, music and graphics.

But it is really, really buggy. People losing characters and progress, unlocks, items, dyes are serious issues, but these are not the only ones. There are more egregious balance issues that bear mentioning: some abilities are super overpowered due to inaccurate scaling and bad maths, some passive abilities don't seem to work at all! The main attributes system, while feeling freer at first as you aren't tied to a basic STR, INT, AGI spread regardless of your build, is actually quite limiting in practice due to the damage boost it confers. It almost feels like they should get back to the drawing board on this sadly. It doesn't feel like a mechanic where you are making serious decisions.

Some things in the tree like crit damage, ailments damage, cooldown reduction and block seem TOO powerful, while things like base spell damage scaling, summons, attack speed, force shield, feel almost pointless. Dodge and projectiles feel like an in between, which is a shame for bow builds. And the number of points you get is too large for the small passive tree, so all builds can take pretty much all the important nodes and end up doing quite similar things. I think itemization is decent, I would rank it over Diablo 3 actually. It's not mindblowing and it needs some variety and better legendaries, but it's not a total negative. That said, the game needs more weapon variety. Abilities are locked to each specific group of weapons, and some weapons like bows, for example, end up feeling limited versus the versatility a gun gives, when it allows you access to 200% more abilities by using an offhand but with very little drawbacks.

Beyond that, I've ran into serious bugs with enemies spawning out of bounds, hitbox issues, boss fights that can't be completed, lock ups, inability to finish objectives and portal out of maps, and a plethora of weird design decisions that bring the game down too much. And that is the crux of it. It's a bummer that the game is in this state when instead of talking about all the net positives, like the best-in-genre transmog system and cool town building endgame, you have to be wary of your build being underpowered if you stray too far from the op nodes, or something rendering your progress moot.

I don't regret the purchase at all, and I'm still having fun, but I couldn't honestly tell anyone to pick this up in good conscience until the more egregious stuff is fixed. There also doesn't seem to be too much long lasting appeal just yet for this to be a regular game in my rotation. I thought I would have more incentive to go back with new characters, but looking at the tree there is very little I haven't covered already with my Cyclone Crit and Ailments Gun builds, and that is taking into account I could easily earn another 15-20 passive points which is enough to take me anywhere in the tree. If they get the rest of the stuff up to par I might give it another go. For now, I just want to complete my build using the endgame crafting system which seems to be doing at least one interesting thing other games aren't doing. Allowing you to craft up from legendary items.

In summary, a lot of good, a lot of bad, a lot of weird and not real confidence most of it will get addressed due to the small team and past history. You could do worse for a one off game for sure. If you don't run into any game breaking bugs you definitely could spend some nice 50+ hours with this until you've had your fill. Sadly, it doesn't seem it will sit nice next to the big bois in the genre for years to come.

Last edited:
OP

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
inky ISee Stevey

well they certainly are keeping ontop of the issues even down to the unlock issues of dyes etc

Hello everyone,
Here is a list of some known critical issues we’re already working on:
  • Players can sometimes lose items in their personal chest.
  • Players can lose dyes and appearances previously unlocked.
  • Some players still can’t enter the Monolith during Fury’s Ascent quest.
  • Some Offline characters don’t appear on the character selection screen.
  • Act I Boss can sometimes become invulnerable.
  • Act III Boss can sometimes freeze.
  • Unwanted behaviors from stackable items, trading, productivity, and magic find in specific situations.
  • Players can have their quest progression locked if they join a friend who is further in the progression.
  • Players' animations can be desynchronized in Multiplayer.
  • Fixing multiple passive skill nodes issues (Attrition Strategist, Static Transferral, Safe from Afar, Intravenous Neural Cord, Eagerness, Mass evasion, High Evasion, Sparking Dart, Blessed Silver, Captured Velocity, Academic Fieldwork, Primordial Insights, Faith Leach, Plague Bringer, Virtuose Stance…).
  • Summoners need some love and they will have some.
  • Uniques can be altered.
  • Helmet and Boots can have 2 sockets at certain item levels.
  • The Block Efficiency cannot be rolled on shields after level 90.
  • Some skills (ex: Bleeding Edge, Winter’s Grasp, Bulwark of Dawn, Flight of Gaavanir…) deal much more damage than they should with some modifiers or don’t function the way they should.
  • Genesis unique item can malfunction and lead the game to freeze
  • Crash reports.
This is a non-exhaustive list of critical issues that we’re currently working on for Patch 1.0.5.0 and Patch 1.0.6.0.
We are aware of many other issues that need fixing and we’re also working on them. If any other critical issue is raised, we'll start working on it as soon as possible.
Thank you for your support.
some of the stuff above reads like nerfs ( the uniques being altered into legendarys, ) its a design feature but they are having to change the way it works because uniques at the moment they are losing things they are there to stop the item being op

for instance seal of arbiter if u transfer it to a legendary type it loses the -25% attack speed which makes the item become a perfect for melee because it does high melee and crit damage rols, so they obviously need to change the system so it still keeps balance in check on the item but can become a legendary etc

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
LOL, just in time after my wall of text Wolcen Queen

Yeah, those seem like big nerfs. I'm sure they expected endgame to be incredibly hard and not easily bypassed by stacking a couple of abilities. I think at this point the cat is out the bag and people will not take it well when their characters are nerfed without some serious alternatives. I haven't used Bleeding Edge or Winter's Grasp or any block builds because I lose interest when I can cheese my way through content, but I am more interested in what the can do to bring the rest up to snuff and enable different builds.

I think the best they can do right now is to be creative around fixing some of these issues. For example: I certainly kept a couple of double slotted helms precisely due to that bug, so USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE! Put it as a feature into a legendary item, or make it something you can achieve late game with crafting. If you just fix that bug now, it's gonna feel like punishing players for a developer's mistake. If you implement it into the game on your terms, it's gonna be correcting your mistake while turning it into a positive for your players.

Diablo 3 handled that stuff wrong all the time and it, in my opinion, did irreparable damage to the game. I remember when they nerfed attack speed almost immediately after launch due to it being too good (while Inferno being almost impossible to complete for your average build) but they didn't touch any of the other salient points of itemization for months, including serious bugs like weapon elemental damage not doing anything.

I hope they don't make the same mistakes Blizzard and others have done.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISee and lashman
OP

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
the thing is alot of the passoive nodes they listed are bugged so once they are fixed and other nodes that simply dont do anything then other builds will become alot stronger

i think thats the main issues, skills are working/some over tuned/ skills they dont do as much damage is mostly due to nodes that would make that skill or build stronger not working inky

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah, that is what I am hoping. But there are other issues preventing more builds from being viable beyond certain passive nodes not working. Spell damage for example, is very hard to improve its base damage. There are some issues with additive vs multiplicative damage, but there is also not a lot of help for some in the base items (staves) and passive nodes. So being locked out from warrior and rogue skills is not worth the trade off of going with a staff beyond an ailments or Winter Grasp build. Same deal with bow where gun pretty much does everything plus the option of an offhand.

Other issues with summoner builds for example, is the AI (it's always an issue in these games, but it's really ineffective here), so that goes beyond general passive tree fixes. I hope I'm wrong. And the thing they have with their online service provider where they can only deploy 1 patch per week is really bad for some timely fixes.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Dying during the act 2 phase 2 boss fight will make the boss stack AOE fields all over the place. It feels like instances of the fight run on top of each other.
Act 3 is cool so far, but some "pillars" are in the way and I got stuck twice from teleportation.
Also if your quest item select screen is open and you click on a conversation to trigger the next act your items will disappear.
I had no idea clicking on the dude would trigger the next act. Bye bye red belt.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
1.0.5.0 Notes

General
  • Character incorrect gold values and Primordial Affinity resulting from bug exploits have been restored to a normal value.
  • Fixed an exploit allowing players to stack temporary productivity bonuses.
  • It is now impossible to put a Unique item into the Transmutation Forge or Dark Market item upgrade projects. Unique items that have been transformed this way prior to the update have been reset. If you already had a pending project with a Unique item in it, you will receive a legendary item but it will be updated after you reconnect in the game.
  • Fixed issues happening when quickly switching from online to offline.
  • Fixed one issue causing unlocked cosmetics to reset. We found another one so a reset can unfortunately still happen, but it will be much less frequent. We’re working on a fix.
  • Removed the ability to unstack items from the trade window.
  • Fixed a bug leading the player to turn very slowly after leaving a secondary dungeon.
  • Fixed the Force Shield network synchronization and several related bugs.
  • Fixed an issue where explosive barrels appeared to pass through the Force Shield.
  • Fixed an issue with globes appearing to give too much Force Shield when picked up.
  • Fixed an issue with Primordial Essence network synchronization when using the Parallel Convergence skill from the Aspect of Infinity.
  • Fixed a bug preventing players from interacting with the personal stash directly after talking to a merchant.
  • Fixed an issue causing inconsistent display of Force Shield value in character sheet detail panel when equipping and unequipping items and gems.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the stack number of items placed in the trade window to display correctly.
  • Removed unused cosmetic slots displayed in several game resolutions.
Network
  • Fixed several issues with matchmaking.
  • Fixed a bug leading to an infinite black screen when joining a game in Champion of Stormfall mode.
UX
  • Fixed an issue preventing the "Vignetting" setting to be saved when exiting the game.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the "Gilded Extravagance" achievement to work.
Quests
  • Fixed an issue preventing players to access the monolith during act 3 quest "Fury's ascent".
Active Skills
  • Fixed an issue causing players to get stuck in a charging skill when deselecting modifiers while using the skill.
  • The Minor Critical Damage Modifiers for Spells have been reduced from 30% to 25%.
  • The Medium Critical Damage Modifiers for Spells have been reduced from 40% to 35%.
  • Juggernaut: fixed an issue causing players to get stunned by their own Juggernaut when using the "Simulacra" and the "Strike Rebound" modifiers.
  • Sovereign Shout: fixed an issue preventing players to apply Weakness stacks when using the "Dawnbreaker" modifier.
  • Winter's Grasp now doesn't gain Cooldown Reduction per level.
  • Bulwark of Dawn: "Sacred Grounds" now only tick 2 times per second instead of 3.
  • Flight of Gaavanir: Fixed an issue that causes the Critical Chance from Block Chance of "Standing Boulder" to be way higher than expected.
  • Bleeding Edge "Unstoppable Momentum": increased the damage reduction from -100 to -150.
  • Bleeding Edge "Unstoppable Momentum": fixed the damage gain per level from 1 to 0.
  • Bleeding Edge "Unstoppable Momentum": now also adds a 10 seconds cooldown to the skill.
  • Bleeding Edge "Despotic Perseverance": reduced the Damage Multiplier per Ailment Stack from 20% to 2%.
  • Bleeding Edge "Self-adjusting Principle": reduced the Projectile Speed Multiplier from 1.75 to 1.3.

Damage curve for summons
  • The damage of the summons are greatly increased in the first 15 levels (up to +100%).
  • Increased summons damage during the first 40 levels by around 20%.
  • Summons damage from level 40 to level 90 are also increased from + 20% to + 200%

Health curve for summons
  • Increased the Health pool of the summons from level 1 to 55 (from +500% to 0%).
  • Reduced the Health pool of summons from level 55 to 90 (from 0% to -75%).
  • Summons AI
  • Summons should now move faster and stay ahead of their summoner when traveling.
  • Summons now engage targets from further.
  • Melee summons attack shape has been improved: they now hit a larger area.
Skills
  • Livor Mortis: the Immortal Maw’s base Health Multiplier is reduced by 30%.
  • Feeding Swarm: the base Health Multiplier for the summons has been increased by 50%.
  • Hunting Swarm: the base Health Multiplier for the summons has been increased by 100%.
  • Parasite: Increased base bonus damage to possessed monsters from 100% to 300%.
  • Parasite: Possessed monsters now have a bonus of 50% Attack and Cast Speed.
  • Parasite: Possessed monsters now have a bonus of 100% Movement Speed.
  • Parasite: "On Shoulders of Giants" modifier now increases the minion’s Health by 40% and the minion’s damage by 33%.
  • Fixed a bug where possessed monsters didn't have the base bonus applied by Parasite.
Gate Of Fates

• Arms Maester, Virtuose stance, and Probing weakness Stances now give -25% to All Resistance Score instead of 0%
  • The Critical Damage bonus has been reduced on many nodes: from 20% to 15%, from 14% to 10%, and from 10% to 5%.
  • Futile endeavor now increases block efficiency from 14% to 20%.
  • Merciless Lethality Critical Damage Modifier is reduced from 100% to 60%.
  • Fixed an issue causing the "Toxic Emanations" passive node to stop working after teleporting.
  • Fixed an issue with the "Faith Leech" passive node computation.
  • Fixed an issue causing the game to restore your Gate of Fates configuration after paying for a reset and quitting the game instantly.
  • Fixed an issue with the computation of the "Primordial Insights" passive node.
  • Fixed an issue with the computation of the "Academic Fieldwork" passive node.
  • Fixed an issue with the computation of the "Captured Velocity" passive node.
  • Fixed an issue with the computation of the "Eagerness" passive node.
  • Fixed bonus computation issue when using the "Virtuose Stance" passive node.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the "Slipping Shadow" passive node to work as intended.
  • Fixed damage computation bug when using the "Which Time Cannot Heal" passive node.
  • Fixed stat display issue when removing helmet if using the "Salvatory Anchor" passive node.
Monsters

• Noxious Swarmwings have been temporarily replaced by other creatures while we work on their hitbox issue.
  • Wealth Omens now give 1 stack of gold per hit instead of 3.
  • Pacified Brothers, Pacified Hierophants, Risen Brothers, Risen Hierophant are now correctly affected by the pull effects (such as Tracker's Reach)
  • Chapter III Boss: Reduced the range of the lightning ball by 20%.
  • Chapter III Boss: Reduced the range of Orbs by 15%.
  • Chapter III Boss: Increased the visibility of the visual effect warning about the activation of an orb.
  • Chapter I Boss: Leap speed has been reduced
  • Chapter I Boss: improved the Leap indicator, it is now more visible and more accurate.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Chapter III final boss to stay invulnerable and freeze when he should die.
Endgame

• Reduced the productivity multiplier from Expeditions levels by 50%.
  • It is now impossible to try to increase the quality of an item that quality is already maxed out.
  • Reduced Primordial Affinity prices for uber bosses projects at the Dark Market: from 10 000, 20 000, 30 000 to 2 000, 5 000, 10 000.
  • Fixed an issue causing loot level to be lower than expected during Expeditions.
  • Fixed a bug causing the productivity multiplier to be ignored when finishing an endgame expedition.
  • Fixed a bug preventing the productivity gain summary to refresh between endgame expeditions.
  • Removed the possibility to send stacks of items to endgame projects requiring items to complete.
Items
  • Fixed an issue in the way the Genesis helmet skill casting effect was computed. Skills launched by this item cannot proc the effect themselves anymore.
  • Fixed specific tiers of helmet and boots that were able to have 2 sockets.
  • Fixed some low Tier of magic effects on armor being able to drop on chests at a higher level where they shouldn't.
  • Fixed a bug with Block Efficiency making it unable to roll on shields after the level 90
  • Tier 1 to 12 modifiers for accessories now have a Critical Damage value of [5-6] to [19-20] instead of [5-10] to 25-30]
  • Tier 1 to 12 modifiers for gems now have a Critical Damage value for Attacks and Spells of [9-9] to [20-20] instead of [14-14] to [25-25].
  • Tier 1 to 12 modifiers for gems now have a Global Critical Damage value of [4-4] to [15-15] instead of [9-9] to [20-20].

Audio
  • Fixed inventory equip weapon sound.
  • Fixed music stopping after certain cutscenes.
  • Fixed pacified human enemy voices.
  • Fixed Aurora Knight's sacred orb attack playing twice.
  • Fixed missing offering shrine interaction sound.
  • Fixed the Tormentor's big attack sound and his lost voice. He had a bad cold.
  • Fixed missing Yudai's convert corrupted Guardian energy beam and explosion sound.
  • Added a missing unlock dye sound.
  • Fixed an issue with Unique item drop sound sometimes not playing.
  • Improved Slayer's Flurry sound.
  • Improved skill learn sound.
  • Improved gameplay ingredient artillery explosion with debris detail.
  • Mixing improvements for item drops and level-ups.
  • Optimized positional sounds remaining active after having left a location.
  • Restored ambient sound to some areas where it failed to start.
  • Replaced Sinadrahel's voice.
They killed Legendary crafting, one of the few things people were enjoying from endgame. SMH.
I don't mind OP ability nerfs, this barely touches my builds, but nerfing gold gains on things like Omens and expeditions is really stupid. There is barely any true balancing done here beyond summon changes.

OP

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
1.0.5.0 Notes

General
  • Character incorrect gold values and Primordial Affinity resulting from bug exploits have been restored to a normal value.
  • Fixed an exploit allowing players to stack temporary productivity bonuses.
  • It is now impossible to put a Unique item into the Transmutation Forge or Dark Market item upgrade projects. Unique items that have been transformed this way prior to the update have been reset. If you already had a pending project with a Unique item in it, you will receive a legendary item but it will be updated after you reconnect in the game.
  • Fixed issues happening when quickly switching from online to offline.
  • Fixed one issue causing unlocked cosmetics to reset. We found another one so a reset can unfortunately still happen, but it will be much less frequent. We’re working on a fix.
  • Removed the ability to unstack items from the trade window.
  • Fixed a bug leading the player to turn very slowly after leaving a secondary dungeon.
  • Fixed the Force Shield network synchronization and several related bugs.
  • Fixed an issue where explosive barrels appeared to pass through the Force Shield.
  • Fixed an issue with globes appearing to give too much Force Shield when picked up.
  • Fixed an issue with Primordial Essence network synchronization when using the Parallel Convergence skill from the Aspect of Infinity.
  • Fixed a bug preventing players from interacting with the personal stash directly after talking to a merchant.
  • Fixed an issue causing inconsistent display of Force Shield value in character sheet detail panel when equipping and unequipping items and gems.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the stack number of items placed in the trade window to display correctly.
  • Removed unused cosmetic slots displayed in several game resolutions.
Network
  • Fixed several issues with matchmaking.
  • Fixed a bug leading to an infinite black screen when joining a game in Champion of Stormfall mode.
UX
  • Fixed an issue preventing the "Vignetting" setting to be saved when exiting the game.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the "Gilded Extravagance" achievement to work.
Quests
  • Fixed an issue preventing players to access the monolith during act 3 quest "Fury's ascent".
Active Skills
  • Fixed an issue causing players to get stuck in a charging skill when deselecting modifiers while using the skill.
  • The Minor Critical Damage Modifiers for Spells have been reduced from 30% to 25%.
  • The Medium Critical Damage Modifiers for Spells have been reduced from 40% to 35%.
  • Juggernaut: fixed an issue causing players to get stunned by their own Juggernaut when using the "Simulacra" and the "Strike Rebound" modifiers.
  • Sovereign Shout: fixed an issue preventing players to apply Weakness stacks when using the "Dawnbreaker" modifier.
  • Winter's Grasp now doesn't gain Cooldown Reduction per level.
  • Bulwark of Dawn: "Sacred Grounds" now only tick 2 times per second instead of 3.
  • Flight of Gaavanir: Fixed an issue that causes the Critical Chance from Block Chance of "Standing Boulder" to be way higher than expected.
  • Bleeding Edge "Unstoppable Momentum": increased the damage reduction from -100 to -150.
  • Bleeding Edge "Unstoppable Momentum": fixed the damage gain per level from 1 to 0.
  • Bleeding Edge "Unstoppable Momentum": now also adds a 10 seconds cooldown to the skill.
  • Bleeding Edge "Despotic Perseverance": reduced the Damage Multiplier per Ailment Stack from 20% to 2%.
  • Bleeding Edge "Self-adjusting Principle": reduced the Projectile Speed Multiplier from 1.75 to 1.3.

Damage curve for summons
  • The damage of the summons are greatly increased in the first 15 levels (up to +100%).
  • Increased summons damage during the first 40 levels by around 20%.
  • Summons damage from level 40 to level 90 are also increased from + 20% to + 200%

Health curve for summons
  • Increased the Health pool of the summons from level 1 to 55 (from +500% to 0%).
  • Reduced the Health pool of summons from level 55 to 90 (from 0% to -75%).
  • Summons AI
  • Summons should now move faster and stay ahead of their summoner when traveling.
  • Summons now engage targets from further.
  • Melee summons attack shape has been improved: they now hit a larger area.
Skills
  • Livor Mortis: the Immortal Maw’s base Health Multiplier is reduced by 30%.
  • Feeding Swarm: the base Health Multiplier for the summons has been increased by 50%.
  • Hunting Swarm: the base Health Multiplier for the summons has been increased by 100%.
  • Parasite: Increased base bonus damage to possessed monsters from 100% to 300%.
  • Parasite: Possessed monsters now have a bonus of 50% Attack and Cast Speed.
  • Parasite: Possessed monsters now have a bonus of 100% Movement Speed.
  • Parasite: "On Shoulders of Giants" modifier now increases the minion’s Health by 40% and the minion’s damage by 33%.
  • Fixed a bug where possessed monsters didn't have the base bonus applied by Parasite.
Gate Of Fates

• Arms Maester, Virtuose stance, and Probing weakness Stances now give -25% to All Resistance Score instead of 0%
  • The Critical Damage bonus has been reduced on many nodes: from 20% to 15%, from 14% to 10%, and from 10% to 5%.
  • Futile endeavor now increases block efficiency from 14% to 20%.
  • Merciless Lethality Critical Damage Modifier is reduced from 100% to 60%.
  • Fixed an issue causing the "Toxic Emanations" passive node to stop working after teleporting.
  • Fixed an issue with the "Faith Leech" passive node computation.
  • Fixed an issue causing the game to restore your Gate of Fates configuration after paying for a reset and quitting the game instantly.
  • Fixed an issue with the computation of the "Primordial Insights" passive node.
  • Fixed an issue with the computation of the "Academic Fieldwork" passive node.
  • Fixed an issue with the computation of the "Captured Velocity" passive node.
  • Fixed an issue with the computation of the "Eagerness" passive node.
  • Fixed bonus computation issue when using the "Virtuose Stance" passive node.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the "Slipping Shadow" passive node to work as intended.
  • Fixed damage computation bug when using the "Which Time Cannot Heal" passive node.
  • Fixed stat display issue when removing helmet if using the "Salvatory Anchor" passive node.
Monsters

• Noxious Swarmwings have been temporarily replaced by other creatures while we work on their hitbox issue.
  • Wealth Omens now give 1 stack of gold per hit instead of 3.
  • Pacified Brothers, Pacified Hierophants, Risen Brothers, Risen Hierophant are now correctly affected by the pull effects (such as Tracker's Reach)
  • Chapter III Boss: Reduced the range of the lightning ball by 20%.
  • Chapter III Boss: Reduced the range of Orbs by 15%.
  • Chapter III Boss: Increased the visibility of the visual effect warning about the activation of an orb.
  • Chapter I Boss: Leap speed has been reduced
  • Chapter I Boss: improved the Leap indicator, it is now more visible and more accurate.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Chapter III final boss to stay invulnerable and freeze when he should die.
Endgame

• Reduced the productivity multiplier from Expeditions levels by 50%.
  • It is now impossible to try to increase the quality of an item that quality is already maxed out.
  • Reduced Primordial Affinity prices for uber bosses projects at the Dark Market: from 10 000, 20 000, 30 000 to 2 000, 5 000, 10 000.
  • Fixed an issue causing loot level to be lower than expected during Expeditions.
  • Fixed a bug causing the productivity multiplier to be ignored when finishing an endgame expedition.
  • Fixed a bug preventing the productivity gain summary to refresh between endgame expeditions.
  • Removed the possibility to send stacks of items to endgame projects requiring items to complete.
Items
  • Fixed an issue in the way the Genesis helmet skill casting effect was computed. Skills launched by this item cannot proc the effect themselves anymore.
  • Fixed specific tiers of helmet and boots that were able to have 2 sockets.
  • Fixed some low Tier of magic effects on armor being able to drop on chests at a higher level where they shouldn't.
  • Fixed a bug with Block Efficiency making it unable to roll on shields after the level 90
  • Tier 1 to 12 modifiers for accessories now have a Critical Damage value of [5-6] to [19-20] instead of [5-10] to 25-30]
  • Tier 1 to 12 modifiers for gems now have a Critical Damage value for Attacks and Spells of [9-9] to [20-20] instead of [14-14] to [25-25].
  • Tier 1 to 12 modifiers for gems now have a Global Critical Damage value of [4-4] to [15-15] instead of [9-9] to [20-20].

Audio
  • Fixed inventory equip weapon sound.
  • Fixed music stopping after certain cutscenes.
  • Fixed pacified human enemy voices.
  • Fixed Aurora Knight's sacred orb attack playing twice.
  • Fixed missing offering shrine interaction sound.
  • Fixed the Tormentor's big attack sound and his lost voice. He had a bad cold.
  • Fixed missing Yudai's convert corrupted Guardian energy beam and explosion sound.
  • Added a missing unlock dye sound.
  • Fixed an issue with Unique item drop sound sometimes not playing.
  • Improved Slayer's Flurry sound.
  • Improved skill learn sound.
  • Improved gameplay ingredient artillery explosion with debris detail.
  • Mixing improvements for item drops and level-ups.
  • Optimized positional sounds remaining active after having left a location.
  • Restored ambient sound to some areas where it failed to start.
  • Replaced Sinadrahel's voice.
They killed Legendary crafting, one of the few things people were enjoying from endgame. SMH.
I don't mind OP ability nerfs, this barely touches my builds, but nerfing gold gains on things like Omens and expeditions is really stupid. There is barely any true balancing done here beyond summon changes.

We know that you appreciate the possibility to change Unique items into legendary items and to craft them, however, we have to remove these possibilities for the moment.
We are definitely not against implementing it as a feature in the future, we find the possibilities that it offers interesting, but we want to spend time in designing it so the system works and is properly integrated with the rest of the game.

We will also implement a new power tier of uniques for the end-game progression with better raw values in a future patch, we are aware that aside from a few exceptions, Uniques are currently not competitive for high-end content.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
We know that you appreciate the possibility to change Unique items into legendary items and to craft them, however, we have to remove these possibilities for the moment.
We are definitely not against implementing it as a feature in the future, we find the possibilities that it offers interesting, but we want to spend time in designing it so the system works and is properly integrated with the rest of the game.

We will also implement a new power tier of uniques for the end-game progression with better raw values in a future patch, we are aware that aside from a few exceptions, Uniques are currently not competitive for high-end content.
I missed that. Where is that from?

Doesn't sound too bad actually. Feels the game needs a few more weeks in the oven, but I've already played too much anyway.

Last edited: