Community Backlog Blitz Season 5 - Runs October 1 through December 31 with a raffle at the end

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
Fun that you swapped to Blackgate, when I swapped it out haha ;)

Anyhow I finished my last game Murdered Soul Suspect. I did not expect it to be mostly a story telling game like Telltale games. All in all, it was okay, and a game anyone can get 100% on if they wanted to. Storywise it was okay I think? I generally don't like spooky game and this one was on the verge for too creepy. But if you don't listen to the optional story telling then you will be fine ;)

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
ganmo I like how you say anyone can get 100%. I'd suggest either following a guide or at least being aware what triggers the ending event. I was into the game so I went about doing 100% as I was playing through and I had one last thing to collect so I'd get 100% and in progressing I triggered the ending event without realizing it and because it auto-saves I was locked out of being able to get the last thing I needed. I was so annoyed.

But I did like the game a lot more than I expected I would. So that was still a win.

Reactions: ganmo

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
ganmo I like how you say anyone can get 100%. I'd suggest either following a guide or at least being aware what triggers the ending event. I was into the game so I went about doing 100% as I was playing through and I had one last thing to collect so I'd get 100% and in progressing I triggered the ending event without realizing it and because it auto-saves I was locked out of being able to get the last thing I needed. I was so annoyed.

But I did like the game a lot more than I expected I would. So that was still a win.
I cheated it out, so I knew what would trigger so I would miss out the achievements 🙄
yes the game was OK, but wasn't enough for me to go for a second playthrough however hehe.

Now I'm looking through my shame of list to see which game I should tick off :unsure:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I've also been really bad this season and only finished 2 so far :grimacing-face:

Doesn't really help that I'm not really liking 2 of the remaining 3 ones...

Catherine has that great Atlus presentation, but I'm really not enjoying the gameplay at all. Maybe I'll eventually be in the mood for it, but right now I can't bring myself to play it.

Death; end re;Quest I knew going in it was budget anime, and I tend to enjoy that every now and then and generally I don't really dislike the game.... But it's not really grabbed me either. And it's a hassle to play it with semi-decent graphics, because I have a 1440p monitor but the game only supports 1080p and 4k... which I can work around with DSR, but I have to change my monitor resolution every time I play the game and change it back afterwards, and the 4k looks somewhat suspect too. Minor incenveniences, but they prevent that spontaneous "guess I'll just click play and play a bit" :grimacing-face: /rant

At least Quadrilateral Cowboy has turned out to be awesome - currently at the 4th batch of jobs and I very much intend to finish it.

Reactions: Cacher
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Catherine was a game I finished in spite of the gameplay. I had to really force myself through the puzzles because I never got a complete grasp of tactics to get through them with ease.

But yes Quadrilateral Cowboy is a fantastic surprise. I know it is liked but critics and such but I went in expecting it to bt Not My Thing and it ended up being very much My Thing. So creative and great.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Aw man, here I was praising it yesterday and today it doesn't even start anymore, only get a black screen :negative-blob:

Edit: Thankfully complaining on the internet always helps, so it works again after a restart. Still no idea what was wrong, but whatever.

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: lashman
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Oh wow, the end of the Blitz is sneaking up on me. Only 11 days to go! Make sure you continue to mark off what you finished. There haven't been any donations to the prize pool so it's currently at $22.26. Thankfully it'll hit during the Steam sale so the prize should hold greater value due to that.

Currently, there are three people who haven't completed any of their games. Try to get through one of them so you get at least one entry into the raffle!

Also, we're at four people who have completed all five of their games. Will there be anybody else achieving that at the end?

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I started Broken Sword 5. đź’Ş

Looking at the HLTB times for the games I have left, I might still finish them all. Depends a lot on my mood and the holidays and stuff. Leaving the Lego City Undercover last.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
I started Broken Sword 5. đź’Ş

Looking at the HLTB times for the games I have left, I might still finish them all. Depends a lot on my mood and the holidays and stuff. Leaving the Lego City Undercover last.
it took me 15 hours to complete BS5 according to Steam, a bit above average for an adventure game.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I tried.

But then I got gifted State of Decay 2 and dumped almost 100 hours into that and it was amazing because I loved the first one.
Then I got dragged into Escape from Tarkov which I kind of felt obligated to play that since my friend paid like for that a long time ago and I never really put much effort into playing it with him so it finally sort of clicked I guess but I ended up stopping halfway through the Second Styx Game and didn't start the other games I had planned.

It happens! I've enjoyed what I've played of my stuff though, looking forward to trying again

Reactions: Cacher
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
And received! The prize pool is up to $27.26

Last reminder as we're less than a week from it ending but here's where to chip in if anyone else wants to pump up the prize pool before the end:

Paypal - Wibblewozzer@gmail.com
Venmo - @Nicholas-Garboden
Square Cash App - $NicholasGarboden

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Having some trouble running Experience 112, it's a bit unstable and doesn't want to run in fullscreen at all. :notlikethisblob:

The voice acting is worse than I remembered. And the dialogue probably could have used an edit pass by an English native.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Finished Experience 112. It was longer than I remembered and has some sections that really didn't age well. Still, it's alright.

I suppose if I really tried I could probably beat Lego City Undercover story in one day, but I think I won't. So 4/5 for me in the end.

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
I'm finishing at 3/5 having gotten through Broken Sword 5, Resident Evil 4, and Planescape: Torment. Haven't even starte Hypnospace Outlaw or Devil May Cry 5 yet.

Reactions: Parsnip
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
My usual reminder as we're closing in on the end with only a day left (though realistically around two days until I do the raffle drawing) to make sure you go and update your spot on the sheet. If you don't mark a game as complete I won't know!

Hopefully overall everyone enjoyed the games they played through for the Blitz as they finally finished up games that have been lingering in the background.

I'll put up the next Blitz sheet sometime tomorrow but will wait until I do the raffle drawing before making the next thread. But if you want to start thinking about what to do next time get yourself prepared since you'll be able to add them to the next sheet pretty soon!

Reactions: gabbo and Parsnip

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I'm finishing at 3/5 having gotten through Broken Sword 5, Resident Evil 4, and Planescape: Torment. Haven't even starte Hypnospace Outlaw or Devil May Cry 5 yet.
3/5 is becoming my usual, and Pathologic2 is becoming a new lost game having slipped through several blitzes now. Hopefully 2021 will get it played

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I got 4 out of 5, which is pretty good considering Labyrinth of Galleria was much longer than I'd anticipated. I'm in the post-game, and I won't have the true ending until likely 130 hours, or something like that. Took me 100 for the normal ending alone...

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
The Blitz is over! Sorry, forgot to post yesterday and update for the one starting today. That thread will go up after this. But more importantly!

We have a winner! This time around the winner is Deku (on the Blitz page as Deques). You get the win for completing Dragon Ball FighterZ! Congrats! The prize this time was $27.26 so you can pick a game up to that amount (doesn't have to just be on Steam as other stores online have keys cheap during holiday sales). PM me with whatever you pick.

We had 61 games completed this time, a bit less than the last couple Blitzes, but we had a bunch of holidays and big new releases so I'm not surprised. Good job completing all that you all did! And now it's time for another season so look for the new thread shortly.