|OT| Dating Thread | One right swap at the time

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I had a date yesterday with someone Ive been talking with for a long time! It went well but I feel I couldn't be into it as much as I should have since I had just had an amazing date with someone else the day before!

I had decided that I would take my time this time before getting into a relationship with someone, so that would mean I will being seeing multiple people at the same time. I just have to take things easy and just get to know people.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Man life is weird. There is this woman I met when I moved to Paris, we had such great chemistry from the get go, but I wasn't at a good place and well I ended up on the streets for two years, and she got a boyfriend then, but she has been contacting me over the years and met up once. Now after like two years of silence contacts me again to meet up and we end up spending the night together. I really loved her back in the day, and she said she loved me before but then took it back and that messed me up, but now spending so much time together, something I dreamed of for so many years, and apparently something she had dreamed about also. Hell she even told me I am the reason she developed a kink for older men haha!

But yeah I need to be careful and not let old feelings come back and just let it be "casual fun" which I know it only can be.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I really need to take some flattering pics of me for my profiles, although I'm not looking for anything else than friendships atm.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Rant/Feeling off the chest

I dunno how it is in other countries, but I've not gotten a single match on Bumble since Feb. I'm a decent 5/10 living in the most modern city in the country, so I had hoped I would get a single match, let alone a date.
I guess my bio not punchy enough? Photos not "sexy" enough? Should I move to other dating apps?

India is kind of a conservative country and girls esp. are don't like to open up so easily. I would've understood this case if it were smaller cities. But in a Metropolitan, I'm just bewildered.

/rant

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I did make a huge mistake didn't I? So I have this complicated situation, or had. Where I had two important people in my life.

One I had dated but we became friends since she didn't want to date while she had uncertain legal status here in France, so we continued as friends and became very good and close friends. But my interest in her was always romantic and I told her that and it came to the point where I was in love with her. We had a good long talk about all of that and the key point I had to learn was that she didn't see me "like that", which she didn't even realise until we went over how she got interested in men in her past relationships. So I decided to say goodbye since the only outcome to our relationship was heartbreak since we would never be what I hoped. The goodbye was not a dramatic abrupt one, but we spent the day together, had good talks, ate together and such. She tried to keep texting me the day after but I explained that every time she did that it gave me hope, which it did.

The other one was someone from my past that suddenly came into my life again and we started hooking up. I was madly in love with her in the past and now that she was back the feelings came back. The problem was that she had a fiance(open relationship) and that she would never be with me the way I wanted. The more we were together the more my heart broke. So with her I decided it was better to also say goodbye and again it actually was a really good day, we went and saw the new Thor movie, when some of the best sex we ever had and then after go out to eat. After I saw her off at the metro during the night I kept getting text about how she loves me.

Now I know I made the right choice, the mature choice. Distancing myself from relationships that either were unhealthy or could become unhealthy, that I need to make space for someone that can be my person. But why does it hurt so much? Why does it feel like I made the worst mistake of my life? Saying goodbye to two amazing people.

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
im giving up

im gay now
Lol on that note, I was weirdly thirsty for an actor I saw in an Agent of Shield episode (e03s01). I'm not into men, but, I don't know what it was.
Maybe the fact that his face remembered me someone, and no I checked and I watched zero things with him.
I present you David Conrad.

• Hug
Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Met someone and we decided to become a couple and she is seriously amazing. Like we don't even move in same kind of social circles and as she said, any other time in her life I would have been totally invisible to her. We've spent so much time on the phone and meeting the last two weeks so now it feels like we have known each other our whole lives. Really feels like this is it. Sure I try to let things just evolve as they evolve but hard to not get hopeful.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Met someone and we decided to become a couple and she is seriously amazing. Like we don't even move in same kind of social circles and as she said, any other time in her life I would have been totally invisible to her. We've spent so much time on the phone and meeting the last two weeks so now it feels like we have known each other our whole lives. Really feels like this is it. Sure I try to let things just evolve as they evolve but hard to not get hopeful.
Genuinely stocked to hear that, dude. Bless your partner.
I hear to many unhappy stories, I'm happy to heard a good one.