News Epic Games Store

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Non-exclusive content will receive an 80/20 revenue split, which is still more generous than Steam’s 70/30 split.

They just had to bring up Steam despite it not weekend being a console when they could have compared to consoles.

Reactions: ISee and lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Non-exclusive content will receive an 80/20 revenue split, which is still more generous than Steam’s 70/30 split.

They just had to bring up Steam despite it not weekend being a console when they could have compared to consoles.
well steam is the bad guy, after all

Reactions: C-Dub and ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
There IGN, I fixed the console related news for you:

Non-exclusive content will receive an 80/20 revenue split, which is still more generous than Playstation's and Xbox's 70/30 split. Because you know, when talking about console stores we should compare it with other console ecosystems which are much less costumer friendly than the big established PC ecosystem. Just ask Sony for a refund, try to family share digital games or couch co-op over the internet when only one person owns the game.
You can't? At least Sony and Microsoft are both milking the consumer and publisher simultaneously with paid online and 30-70.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
While I've seen no data, I've seen talk on other places that since the black hole event interest in the game has dropped off. Maybe the new map, after all the bullshit with the mechs and other negative things, was one change too many and people just gave up?

Also, it would be very poetic if PUBG manages to outlast Fortnite. I always felt sorry for the developers that PUBG may not have hit its full potential because Epic was siphoning all the learnings and alterations to UE4 that both sides were making with PUBG to make their own Battle Royale game. Though that's not to say PUBG doesn't have its own issues (rampant cheating) that may have pushed players away.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
My shit is mostly old, been a pretty good track record with Epic so far.

I have limited morals and I use them up boycotting Amazon : /
Free shit is free shit, i get that, holmes.
The issue becomes when u find yourself rebuying them on steam or gog :p
I expect the Atari VCS will be even more "curated" than EGS...
Isnt this a classic console thing like snes mini etc.?

Reactions: lashman

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Isnt this a classic console thing like snes mini etc.?
Nope, it's a new system with its own ecosystem and will support installing a different OS. But it will ship with classic Atari games.

It actually think in many ways it looks rather neat, but it'll be a bomba.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Well...modding it would make for an interesting 'portable' gaming machine assuming it isn't too annoying to carry it around.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
While I've seen no data, I've seen talk on other places that since the black hole event interest in the game has dropped off. Maybe the new map, after all the bullshit with the mechs and other negative things, was one change too many and people just gave up?
You can see in google trends that there was a big peak during the blackhole only to start to decrease (and now a small increase due to Star Wars):

I knew popularity had dropped a bit, but I am more shocked at the absolute drop in iOS revenue. That was shocking.

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I think you can see that the baseline is quite strong and stable, the main issue is the transition to a more event focused game, The thing that is/was surprising was the iOS revenue drop as shown in the article. I knew they had dropped in general, but not to such degree.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I think you can see that the baseline is quite strong and stable, the main issue is the transition to a more event focused game, The thing that is/was surprising was the iOS revenue drop as shown in the article. I knew they had dropped in general, but not to such degree.
What are you basing this on? the graph doesn't show a strong baseline

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Based on my own experience with Overwatch, where I have no desire to play the game anymore, but I enjoy watching, maybe the same is happening with people who used to play Fortnite, game is somewhat popular on viewership but less people is playing, and the money is not flowing anymore.

Reactions: lashman and Wok

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Based on my own experience with Overwatch, where I have no desire to play the game anymore, but I enjoy watching, maybe the same is happening with people who used to play Fortnite, game is somewhat popular on viewership but less people is playing, and the money is not flowing anymore.
Nah, watchers have been steadily decreasing every month too:

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
So the Steam Awards start tomorrow. If Epic did similar, what sort of categories would they have?

Most Pissed Off Fanbase Award
Largest Moneyhat
Best Game With Under 100 Sales
Most Anticipated For Steam

Any others?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
So the Steam Awards start tomorrow. If Epic did similar, what sort of categories would they have?

Most Pissed Off Fanbase Award
Largest Moneyhat
Best Game With Under 100 Sales
Most Anticipated For Steam

Any others?
Best Dev Response to Moneyhat reaction
Feature Most Likely to Be Pushed Back, Again
Do We Have a Cart
Which games will have lower sales on Steam/etc after EGSclusivity is over?
Best IP that Epic is letting languish focusing solely on Fortnite

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Tim is so good: 10€ offered.

Plus, free games like Into the Breach, which are actually super good.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Epic is giving R$40 here in Brazil, but is only aplicable to purchases of R$60 or more, the majority of games is below R$60 during the sale, they don't have a cart to make the cupom viable, Tim must be laughing his ass off.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
10€ for every purchase above 15€! It is like the Mega sale last summer. Holy crap, it is an impressive offer.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Yay that offer that makes newly released indie games cost 5 euros again. So much care for the devs. Tim has a huge heart.

EDIT: If it's 10 on every 15 euros purchase, Hades is available for 3 euros. Again. LOL.

Reactions: goat and lashman

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Manifold Garden with the "yeah, how about no?" move.

--

You're right about Hades, my bad.

Reactions: Wok

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I would have snatched Superliminal for 6 €, but how about no for 13€? lol

Basically, the only games which I could use the coupon on and which could run on my rig are Kine and Cardpocalypse.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Some of the prices, like Manifold and Satisfcatory are just enough to not be part of the coupon.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Just checked, games that are eligible for discount here are :
  • Borderlands 3
  • Fallen Order
  • RDR2
  • Control (barely eligible)
  • Outer Worlds
  • Metro
  • Anno
  • Satisfactory