News Epic Games Store

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Cool that Into the Breach is the freebie, but honestly everyone should own this game already by now. It's a stone cold classic and not very pricey to boot. It deserves to be played more than almost anything else in the last ten years.

Reactions: lashman

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Coupons work on games which are not part of the sale.

I tried to check out on Untitled Goose Game for fun, nothing happens when I hit buy. I'd consider it for $10 as the first EGS purchase but not $20 when it could be discounted on PSN.

EGS failed first today!

Steam's chance coming up soon!

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018

i guess Journey to the Savage Planet won't be coming to steam after all ...
Stadia head and Typhoon co-founders explain why the upstart studio is giving up being indie before its first game even launches.

"You know, we gave them money"

"You know, they gave us money"

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
Thanks to Epic's dumb $14,99 / € 14,99 barrier i will buy nothing in this sale. Many of the games i wanted are conviently priced under € 14,99. The coupons are useless for me.

This saved me some money for the Steam sale. Thanks, Timmy.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Thanks to Epic's dumb $14,99 / € 14,99 barrier i will buy nothing in this sale. Many of the games i wanted are conviently priced under € 14,99. The coupons are useless for me.

This saved me some money for the Steam sale. Thanks, Timmy.
Ditto. I hope they fix the prices (by increasing them).

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Just checked, games that are eligible for discount here are :
  • Borderlands 3
  • Fallen Order
  • RDR2
  • Control (barely eligible)
  • Outer Worlds
  • Metro
  • Anno
  • Satisfactory
No indie game are eligible lol.
I mean given what happened with the last sale, Fool them once, shame on Epic....
I feel like Epic just doesn't know how sales are meant to work, or at least how to entice people into the store. Tim probably just wanted to get their sale banner up (or whatever they have, I'm not going to their website to look or opening the client) before Steam inevitably buries them with the Winter Sale

Reactions: sk2k and lashman

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
WWZ just went up to $15 from $13.49 so its eligible.
Yeah, $ not €. It's is € 13,48 for me. So it is not eligible like many others of the games. They are eligible when you are living in the USA.
Afterparty is € 12,79 and not eligible. The $ price is 15.99. :(

This coupon shit is a dumb way to do sales if you do not adjust the barrier regionally.

Last edited:

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lol @Epic doing another fire sale. Seems they are doing anything to avoid money hatted games selling below expectations 🙄

Do you have a source for this?
Ubisoft itself said so, that PC was the only place where they actually met expectations (mainly helped with moving the entire userbase to uPlay). Problem is not that, but rather if it continue selling (not really as we see it has been at lmao prices all year long).

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
People from other forums and game sites are already flocking to EGS to enjoy Epic's "generosity". Just like last time, it's remarkable how many people give up their principles when they are being given €10. Meanwhile, thanks to these people, the chance that store exclusivity deals are becoming the norm on pc rises once again. Well done guys, enjoy your cheap games!

Ubisoft itself said so, that PC was the only place where they actually met expectations (mainly helped with moving the entire userbase to uPlay). Problem is not that, but rather if it continue selling (not really as we see it has been at lmao prices all year long).
Meeting expectations doesn't mean it's the best selling platform.

Bonfires Down

Nov 18, 2019
Bought Division 2 but it won't show up in uPlay. I'm pretty sure FC Primal and Watch Dogs 2 were automatically added to uPlay when I bought them from EGS previously.

Also considering Outer Wilds, Journey, Outward and Gorogoa.

goat

Mass Erect
Jan 21, 2019
People from other forums and game sites are already flocking to EGS to enjoy Epic's "generosity". Just like last time, it's remarkable how many people give up their principles when they are being given €10. Meanwhile, thanks to these people, the chance that store exclusivity deals are becoming the norm on pc rises once again. Well done guys, enjoy your cheap games!
Yup, fuck Epic. Timmy could personally come to my house and dance a jig for me for every purchase I make and I still wouldn't spend a dime.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I really hope Satisfactory is coming to Steam in march as I really want it.

They said they sold at least 500k copies, but I have no idea how many are Epic pre-bought copies.

Reactions: Ge0force

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
Sale is a good thing and i hope they do more of this and none of the exclusivity crap,

Still not buying from them because aside from them being assholes their store is a mess. It almost breaks when i try to claim the free ones, some games are not updated but redownloaded and there are many features missing.

A problematic store is always a very good reason to avoid it. Maybe they need to focus on that.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Wasn't epic supposed to be vpn proof unlike steam?
But apparently you can just change country + use vpn and any credit card, while Steam requires local credit card.

And this is why people here celebrate egs now, maybe it's intentional. Because it definitely didn't work when they launched.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I'll turn a blind eye to anything which can cheat EGS out of their income.
I don't care about Timmy's wallet, I care about people who regional pricing is for.
But apparently you can just change country + use vpn and any credit card, while Steam requires local credit card.

And this is why people here celebrate egs now, maybe it's intentional. Because it definitely didn't work when they launched.
Nope, my friend is currently abroad and he can VPN to my country just fine.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

It was never VPN proof, in the beginning the only thing was that once you made your first purchase, it locked you to a region... which was stupid and backwards (as people GASP move). Now is the worst of all sides, as it allows you to move but not require you to use a local credit card.

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
I claimed it and the store loads my order for the past 8 minutes.

State of the art.

Edit: It still stays on leading your order screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: C-Dub

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I'll purchase anything from there, they don't have eroge

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Saw a tweet on Era saying RDR2 sold 400k ish units on eggs in that first month. Is that good? Doesn't sound particularity amazing but is still a pretty big number.