News Epic Games Store

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
They used the numbers of Fortnite kids to entice pubs/devs into exclusivity, and now they taught those same kids to never buy a game. :shrugblob:
oh, speaking of numbers - expect those at The Keighleys™ ... very VERY carefully massaged, of course ... but they'll DEFINITELY brag about sales and downloads

Reactions: Swenhir and C-Dub

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
and you can see how desperate they are - they first started with one game every 2 weeks, then every week ... now it's basically 2 games per week (for the most part), so yeah ... they're DEFINITELY not stopping any time soon
I don't think this has anything to do with Epic being desperate. I believe their free games are very effective to make people using their store and buy similar games, as well as keeping people from buying indie games on Steam.

In combination with game pass, indies will get a rough time to sell their games. Many people will wait until they become free on EGS or some popular subscription service.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I don't think this has anything to do with Epic being desperate. I believe their free games are very effective to make people using their store and buy similar games, as well as keeping people from buying indie games on Steam.

In combination with game pass, indies will get a rough time to sell their games. Many people will wait until they become free on EGS or some popular subscription service.
I honestly doubt it. I think most people just hoard the free games, don't play them and eventually forget they exist because they don't use the client.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
I honestly doubt it. I think most people just hoard the free games, don't play them and eventually forget they exist because they don't use the client.
In my gaming circle, I know a lot of people who grab the free games, a majority of them play these games but 99% never use the client and never bought a game there (only a few did for games like BL3 or Control).

But I don't know for most people, I won't extrapolate from a sample of a few dozens of gamers.

Chudah

Just a chick who games
May 24, 2019
Chicago
store.steampowered.com
Despite that The End is Nigh was free on EGS, the Steam workshop update gave the Steam sales a 1000% boost.

I personally just log in to EGS on my browser to get the free games and then nothing else.
It's nice that EGS is giving games free advertising on their client for once, and not the other way around. ;) I wonder how many people discovered the game through the free giveaway, then bought it again on Steam for all the workshop support and community.

Reactions: lashman and Arsene

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I know I shouldn't derive enjoyment from others' suffering, but it brings me no small amount of joy imagining how pissed off Sweeny must be right now.
No idea what you are talking about. After EGS was announced Gabe traveled back in time to 2012 and started VR development, alongside Oculus.
Tim did us all a favor.

Jokes aside, what brings me joy is thinking that cooperate activision/blizzard suits are confused why people hated diablo immortal, when they all already have phones. But are cheering for Alyx when they need to invest into new, expansive hardware.

It's like they don't even understand PC & gaming. Let alone PC gaming.

Last edited:

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
He's a billionaire, he'll get over it, so we lowly peasants can have our fun imagining him getting pissed off :coffee-blob:
Well, it’s still a hard pill to swallow for him, imagine being in his place and realize that Gaben can beat all his PR gears by announcing a friggin spin-off to his flagship title that only be released on a niche hardware. It’s not even an ultimate trump card and EGS already have troubles keeping up.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Well, it’s still a hard pill to swallow for him, imagine being in his place and realize that Gaben can beat all his PR gears by announcing a friggin spin-off to his flagship title that only be released on a niche hardware. It’s not even an ultimate trump card and EGS already have troubles keeping up.
Well, lesson learned for Tim: Don't fuck with Gabe.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
They were keeping up? They aren't even able to program a shopping cart! The most basic thing for a store.

Okay, I'll stop the lame jokes. Promise. For now.

Despite being intelligent, having success and a lot of money Tim tends to react salty, stupid and aggressive on Twitter. Especially when confronted with criticism or bad press. People cheering for Valve is bothering him, he may not show it, or talk about it for once. But something is gnawing on him.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

That's one egsclusive I want (once people confirm it plays properly with a joystick unlike MWOnline and more like MW4) :(

Last edited:
Reactions: ISee and lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019

That's on egsclusive I want (once people confirm it plays properly with a joystick unlike MWOnline and more like MW4) :(
A state of the art mechwarrior mercenaries game, even with Ray tracing support. At one point in time they were even talking about VR Support.
People were so enthusiastic about it and backed it through the devs website. But then, just a couple of months before release, it went EGS exclusive and will now rot over there. A franchise that is aiming at old tabletop and dos gamers is supposed to be purchased by Fortnite kids.
A shame and my heart is still broken.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Hopefully someone has the tweet but the thing that will probably piss Timbo off the most are the devs talking about how good Source 2 is and that it's a huge leap in rendering power over Unreal & Unity. Obviously we need to see it first but that has to be sticking in Tim's craw. lol.

Here's one example i saw:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Source 2: Remember that tweet. It's very interesting. I'm actually curious what the Modding community is going to do with it. And if it will be used in more games in the future.

For Ancestors: Whatever interest I had, vanished for me as well. At this point in time even -85% wouldn't do it for me.
But I see Arizona Sunshine VR for 13.49€ on humble bundle. I might pick it up.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Source 2: Remember that tweet. It's very interesting. I'm actually curious what the Modding community is going to do with it. And if it will be used in more games in the future.

For Ancestors: Whatever interest I had, vanished for me as well. At this point in time even -85% wouldn't do it for me.
But I see Arizona Sunshine VR for 13.49€ on humble bundle. I might pick it up.
Buy it at Gmg, you get 5 extra games from Intel, chose from 10 mostly VR ones, oddly including Arizona Sunshine again

Choose from:

Arizona Sunshine

IPIP

Killing Floor: Incursion

Last Tide

Neverwinter

Rockband VR

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sprint Vector

Star Trek: Bridge Crew

There Came An Echo

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Buy it at Gmg, you get 5 extra games from Intel, chose from 10 mostly VR ones, oddly including Arizona Sunshine again

Choose from:

Arizona Sunshine

IPIP

Last Tide

Neverwinter

Rockband VR

Sprint Vector

There Came An Echo

Wait what? If I buy it from GMG I can get another 4 games and another copy of Arizona for my brother?
Awesome. Tank you!

Reactions: lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

Choose from:

Arizona Sunshine

IPIP

Last Tide

Neverwinter

Rockband VR

Sprint Vector

There Came An Echo

Oh wow, Arizona Sunshine is a good one.

edit: GMG says this list will change as they run out of stock.

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Wait what? If I buy it from GMG I can get another 4 games and another copy of Arizona for my brother?
Awesome. Tank you!
Yep, but you probably want to be quick. Last time they did an intel 5 game giveaway promo, codes for some things ran out fast.

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Yep, but you probably want to be quick. Last time they did an intel 5 game giveaway promo, codes for some things ran out fast.
Got it thanks, picked mostly VR games because why not.

Also got a code for Star Trek Bridge Crew, if anybody wants it.
[Steam, Index, Vive, Oculus, WMR]

PM me, the first person with interest will get it.
edit: key went to Recrees

Last edited:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Randy once told Engadet the story that he beat gabe in a poker duel. The price was the name "Gearbox".
Valve later informed Engadet that Gabe and Randy didn't meet until after the release of Half-Life.

You can't make this shit up:

Randy isn't an idiot. He is just a liar, poser and a cocaine addict that likes to abuse other people. That's all.