News Epic Games Store

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You think I'm a know nothing, new to pc gaming troll?

Of course its a genuine question.

Make a long list of things that you consume, that are produced by human suffering on a large scale or via exploitative practices.

Bottom of the list, digital pc games.

Devs follow the money to epic or steam, I've decided that I'm in business for me in this regard as well. EGS isn't GFWL 2.0. EGS has a sale and I've got a $10 coupon? More buying power to me.
I think you need to stop taking things so seriously. We are 242 pages into the thread because people have vented out about problems they have with Epic.

Also regarding remorse for buying on Epic. When Epic had it's first mega sale with coupons I bought a bunch of stuff and then refunded it all because I got buyers remorse because I just supported a business practice I don't like.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'm fucking out of this thread for good.
Instead of leaving the thread we can talk about what changes is needed and why they are needed. What should be the new thread title? What should be the rules of the thread? What do you want to accomplish with a thread title change?

Just leaving a thread doesn't accomplish much if there is something you want to change.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Lets just say the 'anti-egs' clique makes discussion basically impossible, they're not changing and neither will I.

New thread title is 'The Fuck EGS thread'. What would accomplished is a place where the anti egs clique can have their discussion and leave anyone who wants to talk about buying things from EGS or heaven forbid taking a free game a place to do so.
Okay, so what do you wanna do? Example(s) of new thread title and rules for the thread?

Or by all means create a separate thread for users who interacts with the store more? You have the power to do that. Like, this thread for anti-EGS people and a new thread for people who don't have a problem with using the store?

It's up to you.

I mean, this thread, from of the first pages was suppose to be a general EGS thread and noone really expected (?) Epic to go the way they have with EGS so it just became an anti-EGS thread out of that.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Okay, so what do you wanna do? Example(s) of new thread title and rules for the thread?

Or by all means create a separate thread for users who interacts with the store more? You have the power to do that. Like, this thread for anti-EGS people and a new thread for people who don't have a problem with using the store?

It's up to you.

I mean, this thread, from of the first pages was suppose to be a general EGS thread and noone really expected (?) Epic to go the way they have with EGS so it just became an anti-EGS thread out of that.
Not worth the effort for what will be, as you rightfully predict, a losing battle. I can't control people.

I'll just discuss EGS in the meta steam thread.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Not worth the effort for what will be, as you rightfully predict, a losing battle. I can't control people.

I'll just discuss EGS in the meta steam thread.
Losing battle? What battle? Another separate EGS thread for people using the store will live or die by the people using that thread. There's no battle, it's just discussion and commenting. Like I can see myself simply posting EGS announcements there. Just because I don't like EGS doesn't mean I can't post deals and other announcements surrounding EGS in a that thread.

I also don't think people will like discussing the Epic Store in a thread about Steam.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Losing battle? What battle? Another separate EGS thread for people using the store will live or die by the people using that thread. There's no battle, it's just discussion and commenting. Like I can see myself simply posting EGS announcements there. Just because I don't like EGS doesn't mean I can't post deals and other announcements surrounding EGS in a that thread.

I also don't think people will like discussing the Epic Store in a thread about Steam.
The meta steam thread is used about more than just steam discussion. It may have started for steam discussion only but the natural course of this board turned it into something different.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Especially now, with so much personal animosity around this thread atm.
That's why Im considering making a separate thread, to lessen the animosity in this thread.

Doesn't bother me wherever it lives or dies, I just want less animosity in this thread and a separate EGS thread may be the solution. I don't know if it's the solution until I have tried.

Reactions: Myradeer

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I would bet it will die a quick death.
I would bet EGS neutral people are a minority here.

But considering the last few pages it maybe wouldn't hurt to segment discussion that way. Let people enjoy what they enjoy and have a place for it, I mean, it's not that bad a way of doing things.

(contrary to what people may think, I personally don't really give much of a shit about EGS)

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
That's why Im considering making a separate thread, to lessen the animosity in this thread.

Doesn't bother me wherever it lives or dies, I just want less animosity in this thread and a separate EGS thread may be the solution. I don't know if it's the solution until I have tried.
The draft I had put together was was formatted more like an OT. It listed the good (stated goals of the store, free games!, dev split), the bad (the reasons why exclusives are a negative, dev reactions to fans, etc), and a section on sweeney (and a link to the Epic v Apple thread). then linked to the halloween sale page and coupon faq on egs' site.
Only rule being discuss EGS however you want, but don't lecture other members for using the store or discussing games on it. Leave ire for Epic/Sweeney/rude devs. Title it Epic Meta Store or something to keep with our usual meta-pun titles

Reactions: Rogue Agent

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The draft I had put together was was formatted more like an OT. It listed the good (stated goals of the store, free games!, dev split), the bad (the reasons why exclusives are a negative, dev reactions to fans, etc), and a section on sweeney (and a link to the Epic v Apple thread). then linked to the halloween sale page and coupon faq on egs' site.
Only rule being discuss EGS however you want, but don't lecture other members for using the store or discussing games on it. Leave ire for Epic/Sweeney/rude devs.
I think you should go ahead and publish the thread, we don't know how things will be before it's done.

Reactions: Rogue Agent

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Go for it, an egs thread without shit talking. I rather have a thread for that than seeing it in the steam thread. It irrationally triggers me, I acknowledge that.

And then we'll just have this thread to be critical of egs.

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
I definitely would appreciate the effort, the discussion on recent pages seem to have become quite emotional and both parties would likely benefit from having some degree of separation to cool off some heat. Current state of affairs would just see people digging further into useless us vs them mentality ("anti-EGS clique" "EGS neutral people" etc.) that would not be really helpful to future debate.

• This!
Reactions: Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I won't be able to do it until later this afternoon/evening, but I will pyt it back together and post it then, let the cards fall as they may
Yeah, the best we can do is simply try different things, another separate EGS thread is one of the things we can try.

Since all of us are "mods", the only thing we can do is work together and try new things and see if they work out or not. If a new thread don't work out, no worries, we find a new solution to try.

Go for it, an egs thread without shit talking. I rather have a thread for that than seeing it in the steam thread. It irrationally triggers me, I acknowledge that.

Yeah, this.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
You think I'm a know nothing, new to pc gaming troll?

Of course its a genuine question.

Make a long list of things that you consume, that are produced by human suffering on a large scale or via exploitative practices.

Bottom of the list, digital pc games.

Devs follow the money to epic or steam, I've decided that I'm in business for me in this regard as well. EGS isn't GFWL 2.0. EGS has a sale and I've got a $10 coupon? More buying power to me.
I think the main argument would be short-term gains vs longer-term damage. The opposition against Epic isn't based on the philosophical position of Epic competing unfairly but on the very realistic scenario of exclusivity gaining a foothold on PC and distorting true competition. Ideally, as a customer and gamer, you want multiple companies competing for your money by offering better prices, better services, more features or all of the above. Buying up exclusives distorts competition by imposing artificial scarcity and locking out competitors.

Now, some people have chosen to oppose this by putting their money where their mouth is. You may have chosen something different and that's your right but the people who do oppose Epic do so at a personal cost. Some don't buy games that they are very interested in, others don't even redeem free games, in any case they have decided that this short-term cost is worth it in order to avoid long-term damage to their customer rights and the PC platform. Whether you agree with it or not, I believe that this principled stance is worthy of respect.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I've said it a bunch before and I'll say it again, if there is to be a EGS thread because talking about it is "not allowed" in the Steam thread then the Steam thread shouldn't talk about all the other stuff it spirals into (GOG, UPlay, Origin, whatever).
Honestly the Steam thread should just be the PC gaming thread.

Only when EGS gets mentioned do people pull the drawbridge up and that's just bad faith.
Keep it consistent.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

I'm strongly against threads about any subject where criticism is not allowed.

Seriously, if anyone here wants a thread about an EGS specific subject (giveaways etc), nothing is keeping this person for creating one. But forcing a separate thread about EGS where only positive talk is allowed is nonsense imo. This won't reflect the reality at all.

Also, people who don't like EGS creating a positive-only thread about EGS doesn't make sense to me at all.

Just my 2 cents of course. 😉

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I concur.
We are really talking about everything in there.
Flat out, I'm not going to participate. There is no point, as the anti egs crowd is extremely vocal and none of us (most of all myself) have the ability or right to control what another person says or thinks. I mean, I could make the thread and what do I do when the conversation turns? Delete that thread? Then what was the point?
"I'm not doing it because it could, in theory, maybe, under certain circumstances and conditions go wrong."

Make a thread, state that any negative EGS comments in that thread are not welcome and see what happens.

I don't understand the big deal you are making of this. Just try it. It will work or it won't. No matter how you put it, there is exactly zero risk involved. You'll have your safe space or people will be assholes and ignore the thread rules in there, which I honestly doubt. I also doubt the thread will be frequented by many people, but that's a general meta problem.

Last edited:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
[UWSL]Part of why I'm so annoyed is that once again, it feels more as if being anti-egs is more important than the games.[/UWSL]
In my case, that's actually true. I'll be happy to ignore a couple of games, if this means I don't have to support any efforts to establish money hatting as the norm for "competition" between digital stores on pc. There are many, many other great games to play on pc. :)

And to the 'principled' stance of boycotting EGS, I'm not going to say people don't have the right but with the world as it is, one day they'll build a statue to the crusade :eyeroll:
So you want an EGS thread without shitposting, but you're perfectly fine posting stuff like this? I mean, people must be idiots to vote with their wallets against things they don't like, right? Respect has to come from both sides m8...

Last edited:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
it feels more as if being anti-egs is more important than the games.
And to the 'principled' stance of boycotting EGS
You have a clear stance against Amazon, don't you?

Because I feel like being anti-amazon is more important to you than products.
And to your principle of boycotting Amazon: I'm not going to say you don't have the right but with the world as it is, one day you'll build a statue to the crusade :eyeroll:

Fun argumentation? No, it's rude.

As so often, you are exaggerating to dismantle people disagreeing with you by making them sound "over the top" and irrational.
Nobody is disliking and boycotting EGS out of principal or without logical reasons. People are against third party exclusivity, and not Epic in general.
And yes, being against third party exclusivity is more important than a couple of games and being against amazon's shit exploitative employee treatment is more important than not buying a couple of products.

I'll just talk about sales or recommend games in other threads,
Fair enough, talk about whatever you want. But people have the right to disagree, if they want.
and inb4: Yes, the steam thread should be more tolerant towards EGS "mentioning".

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Is it exaggerating to say that behavior sucks? Or that comically over the top posts calling not buying a video game 'principled' are not a little bit silly?
Yes.
If the reason the principal came to existence is understandable.
I'm also boycotting EGS out of principal. That principal exists because I don't want to support a company that is trying to establish third party exclusivity on PC.
You may agree or disagree with me being against third party exclusivity, but you shouldn't downgrade that stance by calling it comically or over the top.

Frankly, there is no respect for any pro egs or at least netural egs in this thread.
Also, 'm8' , I'm not sure how you intended it but doesn't really overburden me with a feeling of respect.
That was rude. Typical of this thread.
My intent was to demonstrate how disrespectful your way of talking in this thread is by using your own exact words and logic.
With all respect, I'm not sure why you are angry at me now.
Maybe consider that the amount of backlash you are getting is in part because of how aggressive and disrespectful you are?

I don't think we'll come eye to eye, or even close, on this one.
Fine with me. Disagreeing is normal.

I just thought it's interesting how you always seem to be angry because some people are having a certain, negative view of a company while you have a similar negative view of a different company.

You have a stance against amazon. I respect that, more power to you.
I have a stance against epic. You are constantly trying to downgrade that stance.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
If you're tired of getting into slap fights with a specific person you could always just ignore them. It exists for a reason and I wouldn't be surprised if I was already on quite a few peoples ignore lists between here and era :toucan:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
If you're tired of getting into slap fights with a specific person you could always just ignore them. It exists for a reason and I wouldn't be surprised if I was already on quite a few peoples ignore lists between here and era :toucan:
With all due respect, this isn't doing much to better the atmosphere either :).

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
This entire thread was born on bitterness so I don’t think the atmosphere here was ever salvageable
I keep hearing this and this just isn't true. At least please verify your sources before posting.

Edit: Which, in this case, is single click away. I am willing to accept there are grounds to take positive or impassive stance against Epic, but I react badly against the main reason I oppose Tim Sweeney so hard, specifically use of arguments that are misleading or just purely wrong.

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
Thanks for the clarification at least. Misunderstood your intent because of "born" part, it's hard to define people's intent online since there's only words.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I keep hearing this and this just isn't true. At least please verify your sources before posting.

Edit: Which, in this case, is single click away. I am willing to accept there are grounds to take positive or impassive stance against Epic, but I react badly against the main reason I oppose Tim Sweeney so hard, specifically use of arguments that are misleading or just purely wrong.
I'm talking about the entire thread not just the OP. People went from skeptical to upset before the first page even filled, and it got increasingly worse from there.

I'm not defending Epic btw. I fucking cant stand EGS or Tim Sweeney. I'm just saying this thread was never really a place for positivity. It was always a thread primarily used for venting about Epic's constant garbage.

Reactions: sk2k and AHA-Lambda

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
OK I better understand what you're saying now. Regardless it's clear that this thread was created on neutral mood - albeit more tilted towards pessimism, admittedly - and it was Epic's actions in February 2019 that caused the thread's atmosphere to change. As long as the actions that cause negative atmosphere are there, nothing will change except in new thread where hopefully limit on topic of discourse will prevent conflict.

For the same reason, I don't believe the thread's atmosphere is "unsalvageable". If Epic changes its behaviour, by abandoning its policy of pursuing exclusives and moral superiority, I feel at least myself would be willing to express much more positive viewpoint of the storefront. Indeed why wouldn't I? They have better prices so there's no reason for me to oppose them without aforementioned elements I hate.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Its just games. Difference between not getting items, voting for certain politicans, not buying food at certain places, not being involved in certain ecosystems, actually thinking of how saving a couple dollars on a charger directly supports union busting at a time when the minimum wage is half of what it needs to be vs a using a different store front. Not a great storefront but you know.

Don't try to appear as if you're the resonable one by sayin 'these two things are equal'. They aren't.

There are obviously more important topics in life, but If "it's just games" why do you care if some of us buy them? Some people are not buying from EGS, that's surely a big problem during a global pandemic.

And still, here you are *

(* provocative here to prove a point. I seriously hope you don't get even more angry now. I don't enjoy doing it, but your line of thought and actions doesn't scream: Games are meaningless. Neither here nor in other threads.)

My personal answer to "It's just games" is:

Of course, there are more important things on this screwed up planet. But this is a gaming forum, people come here to talk about a hobby that involves something that brings them joy and relaxation. Games are art and life without art is dull. Deeming something that stimulates people's creativity and fantasy, as unimportant is neither correct nor fair.

Further, people can distinguish between the relative importance of problems while supporting different ideas simultaneously. Boycotting EGS doesn't stop anybody from supporting anything else, so please stop this narrative of people being excessively focused on EPIC. Not buying every game is easy and therefore boycotting EGS is easy. I'm sure the people on this forum are doing more than just boycotting a games company. At least many of them.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I do not understand why this has to be emotional to anyone. The point is to mention issues and good points in a logical and well-argued manner. The EGS, as well as Epic's publishing policies, have been showed to be the nexus of many harmful and objectionable decisions.

This doesn't have to involve members, and they shouldn't be called out personally either. The most one can do is point out the rational sides to things like taking the free games. That doesn't involve guilt-tripping people, and I have attempted to call out such things. Problems did arise when people were not simply saying they enjoyed the free games, but argued none of it mattered and none of it posed any harm.

Again, making those points does not have to be personal. It's all simply being intellectually honest, and I think we can all have the empathy to cut each other a break. If you want the free games, take them. This isn't an authoritarian activist forum. You do you. But on the other hand, unless you have a damn solid argument, you can't gaslight people either nor give into fallacies.

We all love games, we're here because of the same fundamental joy. We are all very similar there, deep down. I do acknowledge I have seen people critical of the EGS step out of line every now and then, lashing out at people who play along with Epic. That isn't okay. But at the same time, lashing out against people that point out the problems with Epic and the EGS and railing against it as "negativity" is disingenuous.

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
I've said it a bunch before and I'll say it again, if there is to be a EGS thread because talking about it is "not allowed" in the Steam thread then the Steam thread shouldn't talk about all the other stuff it spirals into (GOG, UPlay, Origin, whatever).

Only when EGS gets mentioned do people pull the drawbridge up and that's just bad faith.
Keep it consistent.
It's not bad faith. The decision by most of us to limit EGS discussion in the Steam thread was specifically made because several members were severely affected by all the bad news about moneyhats, to the point of it affecting their mental health. I personally requested several times to stop discussion on hypothetical EGS exclusivity each time a new game was announced because I saw the negative effect it had on people. That choice had absolutely nothing to do with any desire to lock off EGS discussion, I was part of it.

And to the 'principled' stance of boycotting EGS, I'm not going to say people don't have the right but with the world as it is, one day they'll build a statue to the crusade :eyeroll: You can choose to hold it up, I don't.
You have to realize that this is simply whataboutism, right? You dismiss an effort to improve the industry by calling out people's potential inaction on other issues even though you a) have no way of knowing what any of us are doing in our daily lives to improve society and b) have no authority to dictate other people's priorities.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It's not bad faith. The decision by most of us to limit EGS discussion in the Steam thread was specifically made because several members were severely affected by all the bad news about moneyhats, to the point of it affecting their mental health. I personally requested several times to stop discussion on hypothetical EGS exclusivity each time a new game was announced because I saw the negative effect it had on people. That choice had absolutely nothing to do with any desire to lock off EGS discussion, I was part of it.
Yup, the talk about EGS exclusives on the Steam thread (Hades, Satisfactory, games I really wanted to play) actually made me somewhat depressed and I have been to a psyhology just because why not and she told me that I actually have strong mental health and that's the reason I rarely ever get depressed or get anxiety issues. So the moment that I got depressed by reading about EGSxclusive talk in the Steam thread I felt there had to be some change.

So all the bad news about moneyhats and discussing games that people wanted to play that they couldn't because they were EGS exclusives did affects peoples mental health in different ways. Like I said, even me who have been told by a psyhologist that I have strong mental health got depressed by the EGS discussion in the Stream thread.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
[UWSL]Like I said, even me who have been told by a psyhologist that I have strong mental health got depressed by the EGS discussion in the Stream thread.[/UWSL]
I'm really sorry this happened. I hope things are going better for you now?

Epic's moneyhats and other greedy business decisions in the games industry affected me as well last summer. [UWSL]It didn't go as far as giving me a depression, but it was killing my enthusiasm for gaming so I decided to ignore all gaming related news for a while. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]I often envy "casual" gaming friends and colleagues, because they don't follow gaming news at all and therefore can enjoy gaming without caring for the shitty and greedy things that are happening in the games industry. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]Sometimes ignorance is a blessing ^^[/UWSL]

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
Trisolarian The thing I believe you are missing is that PC gaming is so amazingly improved, as you pointed out, precisely because the PC audience has been very vocal against shitty practices and consistently voting with its wallet in order to put a stop to them. A big reason why you are enjoying PC gaming so much today is because people like those opposing Epic have been fighting for the good of the platform for close to fifteen years now.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
SEE ABOVE!

If an EGS announcement is effecting your mental health..... I'm not sure what to say except a change in perspective may be in order. I'm not trying to insult anyone, or call them sheltered or weak so don't take it that way, but I believe that PC gaming is AMAZINGLY improved since when I really got into it in 2006. EGS vs always online DRM? EGS vs no/awful port... EGS vs GFWL... EGS vs PIRACY IS KILLING EVERYTHING talk and action from EVERY publisher.... EGS launcher required... sucks but i can still play it and it will work.

As to your second point, call a spade a spade, not buying a game on a digital storefront is principled, on some level, but doesn't deserve to be elevated. Frankly, none of you all have any right to imply that its my responsibility or duty to give a rats ass about 'improving the industry' .
No.

You all can trade as many 'likes' and 'hearts' as you like in your little clique. Just some perspective is in order.
Alright first of all if anything I'm going to say sounds harsh to you I'm sorry, that's not the intention but writing does that sometimes.

I'm against EGS and Epic, for all the known reasons, yet I have another personal one. I had a really close friend that worked for Epic during the insane crunch they were ''forced'' to do for more or less the 2 years after the release of Fortnite BR, I will not extend myself on this but it suffices to say that I saw my friend get his personal life and soul destroyed because of the unreasonable hours and I'm not buying anything related to Epic anytime soon, even the free games (not only Epic, for similar reasons I'm not touching Cyberpunk) and well I don't care if you think it's ''high minded'' or part of a ''clique'', same as you don't care about comments made here regarding Epic.

The point is yes, we do not have the right to tell you its your responsibility ''improving the industry'' yet when the conversation turns about ''rights'' it becames kind of muddy because it can seem that you think you have the right to tell us what we should do regarding the industry and I think when it comes to a point so broad as the industry the best course here is agree to disagree.

Lastly I see it's not the first time you refer to a clique, It's weird for me because I barely know anyone here but it seems... odd? You really think there is a clique against the people that are using EGS? I'm not trying to lecture you I'm aware my posts can seem aggresive or dry and that's because either I post without thinking or I let a personal matter get in the way of my message and I'm sorry but at the end of the day this is a forum that I enter to talk about pc and see news about games, not that there is much time or importance in staging a plot anti EGS.

It's not the first time I see you get kinda heated when there is a discussion and I don't know if it's about my lack of understanding of english (this is not sarcasm, I'm always worried about typos or not understanding even if normally I have no problem) or personal issues.

For you Epic is not important, for me (as an example) it is, if it's hard to find a middle ground again let's agree to disagree and move on, there is a new thread about Epic which at the moment seems free of ''confrontation'' and it can serve as a new start.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Alright, sorry Trisolarian but you are really saying things that I do not think are okay. They go into the personal and passing your opinion as fact, then pushing it onto others.
the good things that games can bring are too important to let them be tainted by some store practices you don't like and frankly have zero power to change
Both of these are your opinion, not facts.
not buying a game on a digital storefront is principled, on some level, but doesn't deserve to be elevated.
Why is that? Digital is a huge part of today's life and the consequences of policies pertaining to it will have a huge impact in the future if computing is to be part of it at all. I believe the boycott of Exclusivity is arguably important to the future of games on the PC platform, and will probably bleed into regular software. You do not get to pass judgment on what deserves, or not, to be elevated in such absolute terms. It is okay to say that it doesn't matter to you, just like what qualifies as a cheese sandwich isn't really the fight of the century to me.
Frankly, none of you all have any right to imply that its my responsibility or duty to give a rats ass about 'improving the industry' . No.

You all can trade as many 'likes' and 'hearts' as you like in your little clique. Just some perspective is in order.
We have no right to force decisions or opinions on you, and that applies right back at you. Your post is remarkably unfair and asymmetrical as to what you claim the right to and afford to others. The shot at the "little clique" is also not exactly necessary and filled with contempt.

People are allowed to disagree with you and to make arguments about topics in ways you do not agree with. The way to respond is either shrug and let it slide, or make arguments back. Passing your opinion as fact and belittling the people making arguments you disagree with is not a mature and positive way to respond.

Edit : typos

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Your not liking people or them not liking you does not dispense either of civility and the principles of a good and healthy discussion. I'm sorry if people have attacked you on the basis of your opinions. It is also my strongly held belief that nagging people about a cause only make people doubtful of it.

On judgment, people do pass it all the time, considering we evaluate right, wrong and apply subjective views. We still are aware of our perspective's limitations and more often than not do not pass it as absolute fact and entertain the possibility of being wrong. We can discuss things.

That being said, outside of those lacks of civility, if a group of people sharing the same ideals and actions about the practice of exclusivity on PC is enough to get your blood boiling, I don't know what to tell you. Would you still feel the same way if nobody was even replying to you and you only had to read through their posts in the EGS thread?

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I mean, the only reason I know that its a clique is the same people are liking/hearting each others posts as reinforcement. Without that, I wouldn't know. I also know some members from a previous site and what happened there.
You seem to fall pretty frequently into this sort of persecution complex because of people liking or not liking each other's or your posts. Maybe you should just accept that most people here don't agree with you, especially because you always seem to post with the intention of teaching the plebs from your high seat of universal knowledge when in reality you know pretty much just as much as any other poster here (and much less than some of the posters here that are in some way connected to the industry) and you try to pass every single of your opinions as some sort of fact.

The "well, too bad, nothing I can do about it, move on" position is a tempting way to lead your life, just don't expect everyone to share that view.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Trisolarian The thing I believe you are missing is that PC gaming is so amazingly improved, as you pointed out, precisely because the PC audience has been very vocal against shitty practices and consistently voting with its wallet in order to put a stop to them. A big reason why you are enjoying PC gaming so much today is because people like those opposing Epic have been fighting for the good of the platform for close to fifteen years now.
This this this this this. PC gaming is what it is today, because a significant part of the community stood up against shitty stuff like GFWL, UWP and paid online gaming. If you don't like what a certain company is doing with your hobby, giving them your money anyway so they can keep doing it is the wordt thing you can do.