News Epic Games Store

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Even on Era I see more and more people coming to the realization that each side is trying to use gamers as a means of applying pressure to the other side without any intention of providing them with some sort of benefit. It's way past time for all of us in the gaming community to realize that our interests as customers should come first. You can express affection and sympathy for the people making the games you love but you shouldn't allow anyone, company or person, to exploit that love.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
That's quite sad in general (and I don't mean it's sad because fortnite)

Only focusing on a single game while there is such an amazing quantity of games out there waiting to be played, IDK, I just don't get it (mostly because I'm not the target audience for this kind of games, I guess)

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
When it comes to gaming on a Mac, I think the Apple Arcade together with the M1 is something that can push for more and more games being on it and that people can get more used to gaming.

I just wish more games that have Mac ports also had them on Steam, since I prefer to get them there. I have seen several games now that have native Mac ports on Mac store but they don't release the port on Steam, not sure why since it should be easy to put it there, and that kind of sucks.

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
Maneater is another game that came to PC Game Pass after its EGS exclusivity ran out. Along with that game and Snowruner, I sort of do think Epic closed that loophole.
Yeah, probably. Which is good news because Microsoft is likely to do the same and attempt to outmoneyhat Epic but in a more consumer-friendly way. If developers have to choose between Game Pass money and EGS money, I think most of them would go Microsoft.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Yeah, probably. Which is good news because Microsoft is likely to do the same and attempt to outmoneyhat Epic but in a more consumer-friendly way. If developers have to choose between Game Pass money and EGS money, I think most of them would go Microsoft.
Except for those fanatics that totally believe in Timmy's vision. cough

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Do people actually care about Maneater? Wasn't it mediocre at best?
I actually was looking forward to it, but the last year of EGSlusivity dropped it off my radar pretty much completely. I've heard it's fun but shallow.
I will buy it one day, but at discount since i dont want to actively build a 'former EGS exclusives" backlog if i dont have to.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Maneater is currently #2 on Steam right now. Color me surprised.

Also there is a Sonic event happening Thursday which might mean Sonic Mania is the next EGS freebie since it's been in their backend for awhile. That's just me speculating though.

I wonder if there are some Game Pass contracts that have a "no EGS" clause. The fact Paradox games like CK3 and Victoria 3 are on both Game Pass and Steam, but not EGS is sorta odd. I assume Paradox would want to release on every store possible.

Reactions: lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
My guesses would be:
  • MORDHAU
  • Sonic Mania
  • Train Sim World 2
  • Unreal Tournament 3

Plus the release of Fall Guys as a future F2P could be presented as a freebie, since the game is still being sold on Steam.

Finally, the usual small stuff which we could expect:
  • some Anno games
  • some Assassin's Creed games, namely II, Revelations and IV Black Flag.
  • some Rayman games
  • maybe Pyre.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I don't think Torn Banner cares if Epic gives Mordhau before or close to Chiv2, they are clearly aiming for the console market with that game, and besides, it would make Chiv2 sell less on EGS and probably more on Steam a year later, wich is a win for them because they already got paid on EGS and more sales on Steam is more money for Torn Banner.

• This!
Reactions: Ge0force

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
If you consider that Mordhau and Chivalry are competitors, then when would be a good time to release Mordhau on EGS?

For reference, the two entries for Triternion's game appeared a year ago, and one of them was updated 2 months ago.

Last edited:

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
Since Valve is entering the hardware market, their 30% is now justified. [UWSL]It's almost like that talking point has always been bunk and Tim just didn't want to take on the companies that make up 80% of Fortntie's revenue.[/UWSL]
I hope people tweet that question to Tim Sweeney as soon as SteamPal is announced.

• This!
Reactions: Joe Spangle and Arc

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Since Valve is entering the hardware market, their 30% is now justified. It's almost like that talking point has always been bunk and Tim just didn't want to take on the companies that make up 80% of Fortntie's revenue.
This assumes the SteamedRice is going to be making a profit for Valve or if it's loss leader-style, to get their foot in the door, like EGS.... hmmm

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
This assumes the SteamedRice is going to be making a profit for Valve or if it's loss leader-style, to get their foot in the door, like EGS.... hmmm
I suspect they'll sell it for around cost. I don't think Valve will look at the hardware itself as a money maker but I don't think they'll want to lose money on it either.

Reactions: lashman

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Apparently that was a fake Facebook post. Also the game is 60% off on Steam right now so it wouldn't make too much sense for it to be a freebie this week. I personally thought it would either be Dying Light or Sonic Mania.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Apparently that was a fake Facebook post. Also the game is 60% off on Steam right now so it wouldn't make too much sense for it to be a freebie this week. I personally thought it would either be Dying Light or Sonic Mania.
Dying Light doesn't make sense if they are planning on selling a new completely new pack as it has leaked already, if they do not offer paid upgrade I don't see how that would be a freebie.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Still laughing my ass off at Sonic Colours EGS

But I am both laughing AND excited for Sonic in Olympic Games and Two Point Hospital

Going back to Sonic Colours, apparently it releases on EGS in September? When School starts? SEGA come on :V
So this should at least confirm Sonic in Fortnite:lampblob:

• Toucan
Reactions: prudis and lashman

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

There was apparently a leak about Sonic Colors a few weeks ago that said it was originally supposed to release in December 2020. It would explain why it's been in the Epic backend for so long. Also they said the game was unplayable and it had to be delayed for QA

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Still laughing my ass off at Sonic Colours EGS

But I am both laughing AND excited for Sonic in Olympic Games and Two Point Hospital

Going back to Sonic Colours, apparently it releases on EGS in September? When School starts? SEGA come on :V
So this should at least confirm Sonic in Fortnite:lampblob:
Sega 'wants to broaden the platform' it puts games on, or so it tweeted. Not sure how that plays out by only selling one one for a year, but yah, im expecting it's another free money + steam sales later on

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Can't wait for all the know-it-alls to claim Sonic Colours is only coming to PC due to Epic, just like KH.
I still can't believe someone thinks this for real, I understood in 2018 even tho we all knew it wasn't the case but after multiple proof of timing (packages on Steam 2 years prior release due EGS exclusivity) or things like that I can't take any serious word from someone who says that for real.