News Epic Games Store

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Kena on EGS does not support Dualsense despite letting you use PS5 button icons, cheevos are bugged here, Geforce Experience overlay like FPS and Ansel photo (photo mode) is not supported yet for the game.

Great.

• Toucan
Reactions: Ge0force

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Kena on EGS does not support Dualsense despite letting you use PS5 button icons, cheevos are bugged here, Geforce Experience overlay like FPS and Ansel photo (photo mode) is not supported yet for the game.

Great.
The usual experience outside a reliable platform.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The usual experience outside a reliable platform.
I was really hoping for Dualsense support, so freaking odd that it supports PS5 controller button icons, but not the controller, makes no sense, must be a bug, tried both connecting the Dualsense before I started the game and during gamepaly, no luck.

Bugged cheevos is shitty too, so the cheevos and EOS system is still not finished.

The game is beautiful though, making me wish Nvidia photo mode worked and wishing to upload screens to Steams activity feed.''

Edit: Also doesn't support cloud save, lol.

Last edited:

meschio94

Aug 21, 2021
And yet there are still people claiming that Epic's money hatting leads to better and more polished games. 🙄
Developers know they sell peanuts on EGS, if they take the bribe will fix the problems in the year of exclusive when the games will release on steam

This exclusives are damaging the EGS, for quality and QoL feature like this, and even spoil developers to consider EGS really as a platform only if they are paid to release on it

• This!
Reactions: Ge0force and Wok

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Interesting observation for me: many streamers that I have watched here and there, like Divi and Elajaz, that are both mainly playing on PC, is playing Kena on PS5, seems like the majority of Kena streamers uses the PS5 to play it, there are some PC players, but most are on PS5.

Kena on EGS is definetly lacking in many aspects, I haven't booted up EGS today yet, but last night there was still no cloud save, Geforce overlay and Dualsense support, I read on Reddit that someone added the game to Steam which got them Dualsense support, including stuff like haptics. Super odd, the game should natively support it due to there being an option for PS5 controller button icons in the settings menu.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Interesting observation for me: many streamers that I have watched here and there, like Divi and Elajaz, that are both mainly playing on PC, is playing Kena on PS5, seems like the majority of Kena streamers uses the PS5 to play it, there are some PC players, but most are on PS5.
OK, IT WASN'T JUST ME THEN, I checked 2 I usually check for No-hits and so and saw they were playing on console while they are mostly PC players, interesting for sure.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
What makes it weirder is can't the streamers make little bit of cash from the referral scheme EGS has.

Or did that never get implemented?

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
What makes it weirder is can't the streamers make little bit of cash from the referral scheme EGS has.

Or did that never get implemented?
It is not an "active" promotion. It is just a passive promo code that can be used whenever. So the streamer didn't need to play the game for the code to work, they can Play Kena on PS5, say that the game is available on EGS (unless they have an active Playstation promotion) and that they can use the promo code to support the channel etc. etc.
Or they can play any other game and people can use the promo code to buy EGS games.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
It is not an "active" promotion. It is just a passive promo code that can be used whenever. So the streamer didn't need to play the game for the code to work, they can Play Kena on PS5, say that the game is available on EGS (unless they have an active Playstation promotion) and that they can use the promo code to support the channel etc. etc.
Or they can play any other game and people can use the promo code to buy EGS games.
Cheers for the explanation. I wasn't sure of the fine details.

Reactions: Kyougar

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020

It does not stop being silly that folks act like criticizing Epic is siding with Apple when Epic did not have to break their contract in order to bring their case forward. There was an available path that would have kept mobile versions available AND been less likely to draw ire from the judge (and any future judges) reviewing the case. Drumming up a whole gamers rise up movement was dumb and should have caught more side eyes from the press.

PC-Patriot

Press Any key, where the hell is it ?
Aug 5, 2019
You love to see it. Also is it just me or does anyone else want to punch Timmy in the face everytime he uses the word "metaverse".. No mate fortnite isn't a metaverse it is a shitty microtransactioned battle royale game. How insecure do you have to be that you can't acknowledge what your game is but create a pretentious bullshit category for it.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
No news-flash, but Kena is a fun, good game (so far, about 50 min in), but the Epic Store made certain things that works like a charm on Steam, annoying and difficulty, (lack of cloud save, controller support, screenshots (does not support Geforce photo mode and would love to upload screenshots to my Steam account, the game looks great graphically), lack of guides also feels weird etc.).

Im definetly picking it up on Steam when it's out.

• Gib
Reactions: Wok

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
No news-flash, but Kena is a fun, good game (so far, about 50 min in), but the Epic Store made certain things that works like a charm on Steam, annoying and difficulty, (lack of cloud save, controller support, screenshots (does not support Geforce photo mode and would love to upload screenshots to my Steam account, the game looks great graphically), lack of guides also feels weird etc.).

Im definetly picking it up on Steam when it's out.
And lack of Steam reviews!

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I'm not sure this is a smart move for Apple. But anyway, Sweeney got what he deserved. Him crying about anti-monopolistic behavior is just sad. Something about pot and kettle...
Well, a court found that Epic broke their contract with Apple, and Apple acted proportionately and appropriately.

Epic fucked around and they found out.

• This!
Reactions: Ge0force and xinek

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I see they learned absolutely nothing from the entire ordeal. Is Epic going to release their own phone when they inevitably lose the trial with Google too?
Epic has much better case against Google, they could get more win at least.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Yeah, I could see Google being in for a rougher ride with Epic. I think Google will lose on the whole blocking Samsung from making deals with Epic issue for example

But even then I think Google will still be allowed to keep the side loading warning and I think they will be allowed to block access to their own store (so maybe no Android Fortnite for 5 years as well while appeals go on).

I think not having access to mobile devices for Fortnite is going to hamper the progress they make on the whole Metaverse BS he keeps going on about.

SteveWinwood

🥔🥔🥔
Jan 28, 2019
I think Epic/Paradox forgot fact-checking the game description.
Every time they post anything I see a bunch of weird errors. Whoever is supposed to be checking copy is always on vacation I guess. When I'm bored I make a post detailing some of them because I guess in another life I was an English teacher.