News Epic Games Store

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
EGS does massive sale, results in devs raising prices on games. It's like Sweeney and Galyonkin are doing the exact opposite of everything that made me like UE4 as a tool for developers and educators. Guess I'm gonna have to start learning Unity now.
A bit off-topic but I'm planning to learn Unity and I was recommended to do the courses by Ben Tristem. I'm not sure how good they will be but it seems that they're really popular.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
A bit off-topic but I'm planning to learn Unity and I was recommended to do the courses by Ben Tristem. I'm not sure how good they will be but it seems that they're really popular.
I have messed around with their 2D one. Unfortunately some work stuff took the wind out of my sails and I needed to stop for a few weeks, thus I've lost all momentum and will probably have to start again, but they are very good at easing you into both the engine and coding.

Reactions: Rogue Agent

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
I have messed around with their 2D one. Unfortunately some work stuff took the wind out of my sails and I needed to stop for a few weeks, thus I've lost all momentum and will probably have to start again, but they are very good at easing you into both the engine and coding.
That's good to hear. Can't wait to dive into it.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I'm using Ben's videos from udemy. it's quite good, for someone like myself who has programming experience but also for someone going in blind.

Reactions: Rogue Agent

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
Just for fun I was checking EGS but they dont support Canadian dollars so after conversations Borderlands 3 is $68 CAD....why would I prepurchase a game on EGS no less when I can guaranteed get it cheaper before it launches if I wanted to buy it.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
I don't foresee Epic having a Wonder Woman or Aquaman in there store's metaphorical future. I don't even see a Man of Steel.
Borderlands 3, remember?

That's supposed to be the killer app.

Maybe not so fast. Doing math in my head, if Supergiant intends to increase the price to $25, then $10 sounds good. If they plan to stay at $20 when they got caught trying to be greedy, then $10 is bad.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Maybe the Borderlands 3 thing is they desperately trying the remove the $10 discount from a single game, but failing it so far. If 2k has a problem with it, no way they would allow the game to removed from the store for an entire month, including E3.

In any case, something changed from yesterday and at "best" is another glitch/limitation of the backend.

And yes, I'm being super petty and rooting for to be 2k not happy for some reason because it would be hilarious for the biggest exclusive to have problems on their sale :p