News Epic Games Store

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, he says he's been working on it for over a year so i'd say it predates the EGS shenanigans but if they're announcing in a couple of weeks and tweeting a bunch of "Devs make no money on Steam!" messages then it just seems a bit too "Notice me, Tim! ... and bring a hat made out of blank cheques."

Deleted member 113

Does anyone else remove a game from their Steam wishlist if it goes eggs?

Just curious as to whether there would be a significant dropoff for those games and if any of the devs worry about it when they do get to non exclusive launch.
I remove the games from my wishlist, plus I usually mark them as "ignored", and I do so as well for the publishers, and most developers, who were involved with it.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
If it is already on my wish list, yes.
If it is a game I'm not interested in anyway or not on my wish list I leave it alone. It is getting to tiresome to blacklist everything. I'm willing to make an exception here and there though, like with Ooblets.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Yep. I won't support any games involved in store exclusivity deals on pc. There are plenty of other great games to play on pc.
i guess they got WB on board as well ...
That was to be expected tbh. WB is greedy as f*ck.

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
WB going EGSclusive wouldn’t surprise me, but I feel I should clear up some misconceptions.

1) Rocksteady have already confirmed their next game isn’t Superman, Batman, or Justice League. We can guess from recent hirings at the studio that the next game is going to be GAAS and maybe a shooter of some kind, but even that isn’t super clear.

2) WB Montreal’s next project is currently completely unknown. Various rumors have popped up based on concept art but concept art is just that... concepts. It doesn’t mean a game was ever really in development, just considered, and several more indicators are there that WB Montreal is on its last legs as a studio rather than actually working on anything that’ll be released. Honestly Origins was a trash fire so whatever

3) That image is of the upcoming free games on EGS, and that’s the logo used for the 80th anniversary Batman line, which has so far consisted of some comics and 4K re-releases of the Burton/Schumacher films.

I highly doubt we’re about to see a surprise announcement of the new Rocksteady or WB Montreal game just as a free game on EGS. It’s more likely one or more of the previously-released Arkham games, or just a bundle of comics or something.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I highly doubt we’re about to see a surprise announcement of the new Rocksteady or WB Montreal game just as a free game on EGS. It’s more likely one or more of the previously-released Arkham games, or just a bundle of comics or something.
yes, i know that ... i never said they're gonna give away the new game for free ... obviously they won't

but this image sure makes it seem like they're gonna give away, at the very least, all Arkham games + all LEGO Batman games

so, you know ...

also:

Last edited:
Reactions: ISee

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
yes, i know that ... i never said they're gonna give away the new game for free ... obviously they won't

but this image sure makes it seem like they're gonna give away, at the very least, all Arkham games + all LEGO Batman games

so, you know ...

also:

Probably just Oranges and Lego Batman 2 ('cause Oranges is M Rated)

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Probably just Oranges and Lego Batman 2 ('cause Oranges is M Rated)
no ... pretty sure it's gonna be all 6 games ... along with the announcement of the new one (being egsclusive)

if it was just one game - they wouldn't put "???" in there ... also - those bits in that preview image are from all 6 of the games

Reactions: ISee and xinek

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
no ... pretty sure it's gonna be all 6 games ... along with the announcement of the new one (being egsclusive)

if it was just one game - they wouldn't put "???" in there ... also - those bits in that preview image are from all 6 of the games
You mean to tell us Sergey lied when he told it'll only two games per week if one of them is M rated?
Do people do that? Go on the internet and lie?

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
You mean to tell us Sergey lied when he told it'll only two games per week if one of them is M rated?
Do people do that? Go on the internet and lie?
The Rebel Galaxy devs said that Rebel Galaxy Outlaws sold 1.5 times as usual thanks to "related games" links from free games on EGS. There's your answer. 😜

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I don't think a Arkham Knight Steamless version exists on PC, this are the six Batman games on Origin Access:

• Batman™: Arkham Asylum
  • Batman™: Arkham City
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins
  • LEGO® Batman
  • LEGO® Batman 2
  • LEGO® Batman 3
Thats probably what it is.

Reactions: MJunioR

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I don't think a Arkham Knight Steamless version exists on PC, this are the six Batman games on Origin Access:

• Batman™: Arkham Asylum
  • Batman™: Arkham City
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins
  • LEGO® Batman
  • LEGO® Batman 2
  • LEGO® Batman 3
Thats probably what it is.
Arkham Knight’s Batman render and the batmobile are on the bottom right of the image so its probably included.

Reactions: MJunioR

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019

Just curious as to whether there would be a significant dropoff for those games and if any of the devs worry about it when they do get to non exclusive launch.
I am not maintaining any game that went Sweeney in my Steam or any other store wish list.,
They can do the thing and i can do mine.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
So Borderlands 3 launch is rolling out, EGS now barely has cloud saves, Gearbox had to implement preload their selves, wheres that Randy tweet about how much better EGS would be when Borderlands 3 released?

That shit aged pretty badly.

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
If the EGS free game is the new Rocksteady game I don’t know what I’ll do except cry on the floor.

If it’s the new WB Montreal game lmao thanks for cleaning up the Steam store!

Reactions: Ge0force and ISee

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Judging by the NPD results Control bombed horribly in the US at retail. Remedy's last three games (Alan Wake, Quantum Break, Control) were all exclusive to various platforms for some amount of time. This is how one of the best studios out there ends up without an audience.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Judging by the NPD results Control bombed horribly in the US at retail. Remedy's last three games (Alan Wake, Quantum Break, Control) were all exclusive to various platforms for some amount of time. This is how one of the best studios out there ends up without an audience.
I called it, but people said I was crazy!
Control has PS Plus/Gamepass/Humble Monthly written all over it. It is a fantastic game, but I think you can only appreciate it if you're already familiar with Remedy.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
If the EGS free game is the new Rocksteady game I don’t know what I’ll do except cry on the floor.

If it’s the new WB Montreal game lmao thanks for cleaning up the Steam store!
Origins is my jam, so I'm the opposite tbh.

But honestly, WB doesn't need much of a push to go EGS. Promise them there will be no user reviews, and lower your licencing cut. That Arkham Knight launch was next level fuckery.

And Tim isn't getting a Batman edit from me.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I called it, but people said I was crazy!
Control has PS Plus/Gamepass/Humble Monthly written all over it. It is a fantastic game, but I think you can only appreciate it if you're already familiar with Remedy.
My brother got it with his new GPU.
It's gorgeous and I like the tone and setting.
Unluckily I can not find it anywhere to buy.

Reactions: Ruvon

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
My brother got it with his new GPU.
It's gorgeous and I like the tone and setting.
Unluckily I can not find it anywhere to buy.
I expect it to be on Game Pass soon, just like several other EGS exclusives.

But yeah, I'm with Alexandros: I feel alienated by remedy with all their shitty exclusivity deals. I've enjoyed Quantum Break (which I got with Humble Monthly) a lot, but I don't feel the need to play Control. And because of EGS exclusivity, I probably never will.