Community Gaming Screenshots 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
Do you drive around looking for the perfect weather or is the game mysteriously collaborating with you?
The game has an amazing photo mode. You can change the weather and time of day while the game is frozen to get the perfect conditions.

Here's a little screenshot comparison to show it

Brilliant photo mode. That said, the only thing to do in that game is just drive around or fly around checking out all the locales. I couldn't play that game properly for more than a few hours because it's the pinnacle of repetitive Ubisoft open worlds.

Anyways, Witcher 3

Always nice to stop by and see the air of positivity here.

Last edited:

GavinUK86

MetaMember
Dec 1, 2018
i have a feeling it looked WAY better in the first few "gameplay trailers" they've shown

but maybe it's just me
Yeah it did. This is really pretty though. Those shots are on ultra. Framerate tanks in the market area, not too bad once you leave.

Reactions: lashman

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
jim2point0 your witcher 3 screens are so good it's almost unfair. All of that's just from the game's photo mode? No special mods or anything? When I played it in summer of last year there were times I could get it looking great but I don't think there was anything on that level.

edit: I'm dumb. Your photo mode comment was for wildlands. I couldn't remember TW3 having a photo mode when I played lol.

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
The Witcher 3 doesn't have an official photo mode. It just has Ansel. Which sucks.

There are mods that you can use though that work as a photo mode. There's a freecam + debug console mod, and there's a mod which freezes the game and hides the hud. On top of that, I am using a ton of visual mods. Textures, LOD, grass, lighting (STLM), clouds, faces... so so much.

Oh, and resolution! I'm capturing these at ~25 megapixel resolutions. For reference, 4k is 8 megapixels. 1920x1080 is a whopping 2 megapixels. So that helps.

Last edited:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Was just testing out the new cosmetics system that lets you transpose the look of one armor piece over another... Then the sun started to set on my boat and I said, "eh, haven't posted a screenshot for a while!" :p
ooooh, that looks awesome ... thanks! :)

Maxi

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Phwoar those Witcher III screenshots are impressive. Shame I don't enjoy the game as the world looks gorgeous.

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
Phwoar those Witcher III screenshots are impressive. Shame I don't enjoy the game as the world looks gorgeous.
Yeah... I get that. But this time I'm playing with some mods that drastically change up the gameplay. Ghost Mod, which is almost a complete overhaul, fixes so many things I had problems with. Skills are more balanced, the economy is more balanced, enemies are more aggressive, every action requires stamina, higher rarity weapons are more rewarding so you aren't encouraged to only use Witcher gear... man, so much is changed. There's light, medium, and heavy armor which all have different stats.

Then I used a simple mod called improved combat animations which removes spinning attacks at close range. It's simple, yet extremely satisfying. Here's a short video of that in action.

Quests in this game are still top notch, and they're a joy even on my 3rd playthrough.

Anyways, a bonus shot :p

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Tried praydog's RE2 mod thingie, not bad, game looks hella muddy overall though, even though I disabled some post processing like the film grain.
it's probably the TAA ... but you 100% need it for the hair and reflections

if you want to take non-muddy screenshots, just crank the resolution scale to 200% ... should help a bit (the game will run at like 2fps of course, but at least the screenshots will be pretty :D)

Reactions: Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I usually love TAA but yeah it leaves a lot to be desired here, it doesn't even get rid of all jaggies (but enough to keep it enabled). It's not just the TAA though, lots of rendering weirdness around, like the reflections and I think the lighting can look rough also. Anyway it's fine when just playing I guess.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I usually love TAA but yeah it leaves a lot to be desired here, it doesn't even get rid of all jaggies (but enough to keep it enabled). It's not just the TAA though, lots of rendering weirdness around, like the reflections and I think the lighting can look rough also. Anyway it's fine when just playing I guess.
yeah, it's good enough in motion - that's true :)

still - nice shots! :D

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
Here is something different. Not sure if I'll stick with it because the camera tools for this are like torture to use. But you know... it's a platformer so you're not mean to move the camera around :p

Planet Alpha.
ReShade for DOF.
IDK31 camera cools.

Status
Not open for further replies.