Community Gaming Screenshots 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Oh yeah, now it's waaaay better without that ugly film grain. You're making me wanna play it just because of its graphics.

Reactions: lashman

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Far Cry expansion looks good enough to play for the graphics alone. Hoping it'll be at least half off on the summer sale.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Playing around while reconfiguring MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. Still the best controlling joystick based mech game ever, fingers crossed for MW5.

Edit: a couple more shots and yup, not forcing AA or AF fixes menu and HUD distortions. I can see more jaggies but either way works, it's all very minor issues.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
If you have that freely released MekTek edition from a while back (I don't know how the original retail release differs but someone told me he couldn't find the file on it, you can probably still find mirrors for MekTek's release though) then you should know it runs natively in Windows 10 if you just delete imagehlp.dll from the game's \assets\binaries\ path as I just discovered. Before I did that I had to run it through DxWnd otherwise it crashed. I'm still running it though a wrapper but I'm using dgVoodoo2 now that it works as I find the controls that one gives easier and better (I can make it so the game always stays in my current resolution rather than have it lower or switch resolution between menu and in-game as it normally did which completely messed up my desktop arrangement). Well, it's not perfect, it seems to affect menus and other 2D elements but it's pretty minor artifacts and maybe I can tweak it, I'm currently forcing 8xAA and stuff.

Last edited:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
If you have that freely released MekTek edition from a while back (I don't know how the original retail release differs but someone told me he couldn't find the file on it, you can probably still find mirrors for MekTek's release though) then you should know it runs natively in Windows 10 if you just delete imagehlp.dll from the game's \assets\binaries\ path as I just discovered. Before I did that I had to run it through DxWnd otherwise it crashed. I'm still running it though a wrapper but I'm using dgVoodoo2 now that it works as I find the controls that one gives easier and better (I can make it so the game always stays in my current resolution rather than have it lower or switch resolution between menu and in-game as it normally did which completely messed up my desktop arrangement). Well, it's not perfect, it seems to affect menus and other 2D elements but it's pretty minor artifacts and maybe I can tweak it, I'm currently forcing 8xAA and stuff.
oh, no ... i haven't really played it in AGES ... and i don't think i even want to go back :p it's just nice to reminisce, you know :)

so thanks for those shots, they look great! šŸ‘

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
can't wait for the DMCV ones ... although the built-in photo mode is pathetic
Yeah....

16:9 only is FUCKED.
Permanent logo in photo mode.
No FOV. No tilt. No Filters or DOF of any kind.
No Photo mode in cut scenes.

Our Discord is on it :p
Hopefully some of these things will get fixed tomorrow at the very least.

Last edited:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah....

16:9 only in the photo mode.
Permanent logo in photo mode.
No FOV. No tilt. No Filters or DOF of any kind.
No Photo mode in cut scenes.

Our Discord is on it :p
Hopefully some of these things will get fixed tomorrow at the very least.
good, good ... can't wait for the screenshots :D they're gonna be GLORIOUS :)

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
good, good ... can't wait for the screenshots :D they're gonna be GLORIOUS:)
This game is beyond my powers, unfortunately. Too much hassle as of right now. Don't much have the motivation to spend entire nights trying to make these fucky PC ports bend to my will when I only have a sliver of free time each day as it is :(

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
This game is beyond my powers, unfortunately. Too much hassle as of right now. Don't much have the motivation to spend entire nights trying to make these fucky PC ports bend to my will when I only have a sliver of free time each day as it is :(
awwwww, that sucks :( shame

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Right..? It's games like this that really show how a great art style can stand the test of time compared to the best looking games on the market.
That reminds me I need get back to it, I've never finished it.
But yes, the artstyle is awesome.

Going through some older shots:

Astebreed

Final Fantasy Type-0

(I don't remember what I did here, perhaps messed around with some filters of the photo mode? Really no idea, lol)

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I don't really do the campaigns any more, just like playing a quick mission here and there, was just testing them all to see which I still like best :p

That would be all of them :rolleyes:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I don't really do the campaigns any more, just like playing a quick mission here and there, was just testing them all to see which I still like best :p
ahhh, i see ... makes sense :)

still - good shots! :D such nostalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.