|OT| Honkai: Star Rail | Trails to the Wallet

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Well... I have Robin now. Took me 80 more pulls, and I only got one Xueyi Eidolon out of all those pulls! Tons of Hanya and March, who are both E6 already. I love FUA teams, so it is what it is though.

I have zero jade now, and had to swipe 30 pulls from my starglitter reserves..

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
2.3 Special Program will be on Friday

Hi, Trailblazers! The Honkai: Star Rail Version 2.3 "Farewell, Penacony" Special Program will be released officially on June 7 at 19:30 (UTC+8).
This live stream will feature introductions to the characters Firefly and Jade, as well as previews of the new main storyline, events, and rewards

Reactions: Ascheroth
OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
They're smart teasing the next batch of characters already. Better than having us fly blind.

They teased something for the Geoff's, could they introduce them properly there? (Still not going out of my way to watch them though, lol).

Looking like a pretty great update.

• Gib
Reactions: Dandy

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Next banners are nuts. Firefly and Ruan Mei followed by Jade and Argenti. If you don't have Ruan Mei, I would strongly recommend looking into getting her. She is an insane force multiplier for any team. I'm not sure if she has been powercrept by Sparkle or any newer character but she is stupidly powerful.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I will continue to skip Ruan Mei. No amount of OPness will get me to pull a character I don't like!

Firefly is still a get, Jade is a skip.

They've also deliberately put the possibility of different SAM versions existing elsewhere out there in the stream, so that basically confirms it as far as I'm concerned.
Full mech team let's gooooo

They've also teased the Myriad Celestia and Animated Short.
Obvious EVA vibes Hektor

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019

I love March, so I'm glad they're doing something to hopefully make her more useful.

It's wild how much stuff they are adding in the next update. The new SU sounds great, and I'm excited to see who the silhouettes are, even if they are all going to be Xianzhou.

My current plan is to skip Firefly and I already have Ruan Mei, though her LC is tempting. I was very set on not wanting Firefly, but I'm starting to come around on her. I just don't think I need another DPS, and I'd rather hold off on getting another one unless I really love the character.

Last edited:
OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
New March looks great.

Really looking forward to Divergent Universe as well. Getting built versions of your own characters to "trial" them and experiment is legit huge. It's going to alleviate the time it takes to properly build up a character somewhat, since there will be content you will already be able to properly use them in while building them up until they are endgame ready.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
So how come March doesn't get a 5 star upgrade with the path change like Dan Heng?
Cause that's probably just March cosplaying in a side story. We'll get 5 Star March when we dive deeper into her origins.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
It says March 7's new path, so it'll be a toggle like the maincharacter and not a new character?

Seems weird with how much teasing there was about her backstory in the last update i figured her 5 star version was coming sooner rather than later.

I will continue to skip Ruan Mei. No amount of OPness will get me to pull a character I don't like!

Firefly is still a get, Jade is a skip.

They've also deliberately put the possibility of different SAM versions existing elsewhere out there in the stream, so that basically confirms it as far as I'm concerned.
Full mech team let's gooooo

They've also teased the Myriad Celestia and Animated Short.
Obvious EVA vibes Hektor
Oh yea that definitely looks like a plug suit.
Im currently at 120 Tickets for pulls, hope that'll be enough to get her.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
It says March 7's new path, so it'll be a toggle like the maincharacter and not a new character?
Yes, toggle just like with the Trailblazer. They mentioned it during the 2.1 stream back then.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
God. A bunch of early Firefly impressions just dropped, and she looks so fun! Pulling for Robin was a mistake lol

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Im currently at almost 130 Tickets, gonna use them to get Firefly (And whale a little if nessecary), and whatever i have left will go towards Ruan Mei.

I love that the Jade lady has a Step-on-Me ultimate, but i don't quite like her character design.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
<POST HAS SPOILERS FOR THE MAIN STORY OF THIS PATCH>

I assume everyone is up to date with the story so far.

I just played an unhealthy amount of the game in the last couple of days trying to catch up on the story and get through the events before the next patch. Still haven't done the combat event and I now have 5 maps to explore to find all the chests/collectibles but the important stuff is done.

Just reading back through this thread today. I realized I've spent the last 3 whole months just autofarming relics for Acheron whenever I played because I wasn't happy with what she had. I'm still not happy with her even after all this time. That's crazy. This RNG system for gearing up is so bad.

I liked how they wrapped up the story and how it was a lot more straightforward to understand. They really drilled home the whole comfort vs free will main theme of this entire plot, although I did feel like it got a bit heavy on the philosophical musings in the second half of the quest. Still, you could understand why Sunday did what he did. I liked the revelations of what happened to the first trailblazers and the reveal of Mikhail. Even the Raiden Bosenmori Mei moment seemed momentous despite the fact that we've all known she's Raiden from the back when she was revealed for this game. I liked how they did a fake out with the story and then came up with the real ending afterwards. The boss fight was about as good as the Xianzhou final boss but nowhere near as good as the Jarilo-6 fight. I liked how the credits changed between both endings as we got new information but also how March never had her real name listed. I liked how they gave the trailblazer her new path.

All in all it was very good. I was in a rush so I couldn't absorb the whole thing as well as I'd have wanted to. I wonder if there's any youtuber who does a deep dive into the story of this game because I feel like that would be very useful for many people trying to understand both the plot and the cosmology they've set up.

The story did feel like it definitively ended here. So the tease for the upcoming content starting with Jade now just feels like it'll be 'content' to sell the characters rather than being any sort meaningful addition to the actual story of Penacony.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
<POST HAS SPOILERS FOR THE MAIN STORY OF THIS PATCH>

The story did feel like it definitively ended here. So the tease for the upcoming content starting with Jade now just feels like it'll be 'content' to sell the characters rather than being any sort meaningful addition to the actual story of Penacony.
There is still the actual Charmony happening, And Sparkle has yet to play a role too, given that she's been handing out these buttons to random citizens for the festival, unless that's all a red herring and they are genuinly just fireworks for an epilogue or something.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I wonder if there's any youtuber who does a deep dive into the story of this game because I feel like that would be very useful for many people trying to understand both the plot and the cosmology they've set up.
I haven't watched it myself, but I'd probably recommend Ashikai for that

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018

Kits and animation leaks are out as well.
I unironically think Hunt March has the most interesting kit of them all and I'm thinking of using her alongside Firefly instead of Ruan Mei, as I continue to skip her.
Yunli looks cool, but is also kinda just Clara on steroids. But her Ult is kinda a parry, so that is interesting. 50/50 on whether to pull her or not right now, but leaning more towards skip at the moment tbh. Have to see her in-game and trailers.
Jiaoqui looks cool too, but is a skip.

• Gib

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I love the leaked animations for Yunli and Jiaoqiu!

My plan:
1. Get Firefly. No signature LC for her - she'll have to use Fall of an Aeon.
2. In the process of getting Firefly, get 3-4 Gallagher Eidolons.
3. Get Jiaoqiu and his signature LC so he doesn't have to share Tutorial.

I'm currently still farming traces for Firefly, then I need to move onto Gallagher -- I have him leveled and geared, but he has no traces at the moment. I used the double-trace event to work on Hatblazer and Robin. Relics for Firefly will take priority over Gallagher's traces though.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
There is still the actual Charmony happening, And Sparkle has yet to play a role too, given that she's been handing out these buttons to random citizens for the festival, unless that's all a red herring and they are genuinly just fireworks for an epilogue or something.
Yeah Sparkle is still a loose end and I guess there probably are a couple of others but the main story/mystery of Penacony is definitely done, right? They'll wrap things up in the epilogue for sure but any new story tracks they go on now do feel like they'll be for the benefit of new characters. Just like we're probably going back to the Luofu for a set of side stories given that they're revealing upcoming Xianzhou characters now.

I haven't watched it myself, but I'd probably recommend Ashikai for that
This was quite handy. When I watched it a few days ago I left with the impression that I had understood about 70% of the story on my own and 30% was new information that I hadn't picked up on or rushed past because I was in a hurry to finish up the quest. I have to say though, watching the whole thing in one go really reveals how utterly convoluted and dense the full picture really is. I'd be surprised if anything other than a very tiny percentage of the playerbase is able to follow it in it's entirety. I'm not saying they should simplify it but there really are too many factions with their own agendas, too many aeons, too much history among the aeons, their followers who have their own motivations... it's just really hard to keep track of everything.

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post was that the harmony trailblazer is mandatory for the final boss fight. When I saw that requirement, I backed out and decided I needed to gear up my MC. Fortunately, one of the side effects of farming Acheron relics for 3 months was that I had tons of pieces of the other set which is the one that she needs. So I was able to get very good gear for her instantly. I haven't done SU for months though so I had to put some very mediocre planar ornaments on her and borrowed Ruan Mei's lightcone. Then I did some trace farming and used up extra energy and get her to trace level 6/7 roughly and figured that should be enough for a story mission. Finally when I went back to the final boss mission and reached team selection it turns out they... give you a trial, leveled up Trailblazer for the fight. Felt pretty stupid at that point given how many resources I had just spent.

Luckily though, I read a Firefly preview a couple of days later and it seems like Harmony TB is basically mandatory for her team. In fact, it seems like her team selection will be rather limited given how she has an almost entirely new mechanic for dishing out damage. The default team for her seems to be Firefly/Harmony TB/Gallagher/Ruan Mei. So I'll need to level up and farm relics/traces for both Firefly and Gallagher because I've never leveled him at all. It's going to take a long time for her to become useful for me.

I love the leaked animations for Yunli and Jiaoqiu!

My plan:
1. Get Firefly. No signature LC for her - she'll have to use Fall of an Aeon.
2. In the process of getting Firefly, get 3-4 Gallagher Eidolons.
3. Get Jiaoqiu and his signature LC so he doesn't have to share Tutorial.

I'm currently still farming traces for Firefly, then I need to move onto Gallagher -- I have him leveled and geared, but he has no traces at the moment. I used the double-trace event to work on Hatblazer and Robin. Relics for Firefly will take priority over Gallagher's traces though.
It seems like Firefly's signature LC is super important with the amount of break effect it provides. Almost identical situation to Ruan Mei where it was possible to reach her break effect break points with relics but the LC made it much easier and gave you a lot of flexibility for other stats on relics. Fall of an Aeon is being used by Jing Liu and I'm not taking her LC away so not sure what Firefly will get.

I have just under 250 tickets saved up. I know it's greedy for me to want Firefly early after getting Acheron and Robin in back to back pulls but I do hope I can get her quickly. I want to try for her LC as well and if there are still tickets left over I'd like to throw some on Ruan Mei's banner for an eidolon. Too much wishful thinking :p

EDIT: Just saw this on Twitter. Kinda cute. She's definitely one of the most popular characters the game has had. Even Aether and Lumine are interested.

Last edited:

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I got Firefly in 30 pulls from 0 pity but kept going for more Gallaghers. Now I have her at E1. All told it took 112 pulls, so not bad, and her E1 is good.

Unfortunately, I only got 2 Gallaghers so he's E4 now. Near the end of this banner I may throw a few more at her in hopes of getting Gallagher to E6 with the upcoming selector.

For now, it's into the relic mines.

Last edited:

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Got quite lucky with my pulls. Won both 50-50s and got Firefly and her weapon in 100 pulls. Bit less lucky with the 4-stars. Wanted Gallagher obviously but he only went from E1 to E3. Meanwhile Misha went from like E4 to E10 or some shit. Since I had enough tickets left over I decided to drop a few 10 pulls on Ruan Mei's banner. Got more even Misha eidolons after thirty tickets so I got pissed and gave up lol.

Still, very fortunate with Firefly. I have 127 tickets left over and nobody on the way who is super interesting to me as of now. Might try another one or two 10 pulls on Ruan Mei near the end of the banner when I'm less annoyed by Misha.

Absolutely zero trace materials/relics pre-farmed for both Firefly and Gallagher so it will take more than a month or two for that team to come online.

EDIT: Question about Gallagher. Which light cone are you guys using for him? Prydwen says an S5 blue LC is better than his 'signature' purple at S5 but that doesn't make too much sense to me since his purple one has break effect on it. Also that purple one can be bought from the Forgotten Hall store.

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
There is a new simulated universe mode and i'm only just close to wrapping up Swarm Disaster... havent even started with gears yet.

Got Firefly after losing my first 50/50 to fucking Welt of all things, could have at least been a character i'm actually using. Let's see if i'm still getting Ruan Mei

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
EDIT: Question about Gallagher. Which light cone are you guys using for him? Prydwen says an S5 blue LC is better than his 'signature' purple at S5 but that doesn't make too much sense to me since his purple one has break effect on it. Also that purple one can be bought from the Forgotten Hall store.
I use him with the blue Light Cone (Multiplication).

While it lacks the Break Effect, it's value is the 20% Advance Forward on Basics, which gives him many more turns, letting him heal more often, Ult more often, get in a decent amount of damage thanks to Super Break and generate more Skill Points, which is nice because Firefly eats them for breakfast.
The lower Break Effect shouldn't really be an issue, since he gets a lot of extra when run in a team with Hatblazer due to their Talent, Ult and Watchmaker set effect (if you have the 4p on them).
But if you end up struggling with Multiplication, the Break Effect Cone is recommended I think.

I just went through the older MoC 12 earlier and Gallagher had no issue sustaining though, he's crazy good.
In fact it's the first time I got all stars in MoC.

(Should have run the regular Acheron team with Silver Wolf and Pela though, I used that because I got the final star in Pure Fiction beforehand with this team, but didn't think about how much difference the DoT buffs made.)

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I use him with the blue Light Cone (Multiplication).
While it lacks the Break Effect, it's value is the 20% Advance Forward on Basics, which gives him many more turns, letting him heal more often, Ult more often, get in a decent amount of damage thanks to Super Break and generate more Skill Points, which is nice because Firefly eats them for breakfast.
The lower Break Effect shouldn't really be an issue, since he gets a lot of extra when run in a team with Hatblazer due to their Talent, Ult and Watchmaker set effect (if you have the 4p on them).
But if you end up struggling with Multiplication, the Break Effect Cone is recommended I think.
Yeah that was the logic on Prydwen as well. I think I'll leave the light cone choice until the very end, after both Firefly and Gallagher have their relics and traces. Then I'll see if break effect seems to be lacking numerically and decide on which weapon to use.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I really want 1 more Gallagher but the game continues to deny me. I figure there is no 4 star I will want more than him, so I might as well build pity for Jiaoqiu on this banner instead.

Well... I just went from E1 to E2 Firefly in 1 10 pull.

• Gib

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
What the actual fuck. 20 more pulls and I got Gallagher to E5 and Firefly is E3. Kind of annoying, cause there goes my pity and E3 does nothing crazy. But yeah, I'm stopping now.

Last edited:
  • Sweating

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Mr. Definitely Not A Whale just happened to find 45 pulls underneath the sofa cushions :p I'm watching you more closely than the income tax department watches money launderers.
This was the most important post in the thread.

Like we're supposed to believe 20 pulls are falling out of the sky every 2 hours or something :steam_pig_crylaughing:

Congrats on E3. The highest I've ever gotten one of these limited characters is Raiden Shogun E1 and that took something like 300 wishes.

Has anyone finished the story mission? Same question as last time; how long is it roughly and how many new maps are there, if any?

• Eyes
OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Like we're supposed to believe 20 pulls are falling out of the sky every 2 hours or something :steam_pig_crylaughing:
Maybe they were saved up! I also still have ~450 pulls in the bank (Jade + Undying Starlight shop pulls) and the most I put into the game is a monthly pass every now and then.

Gonna continue just getting E0 without Signatures, especially now that I have full stared all the 3 endgame modes for the first time. Just takes a bit longer to get there, but patience. Didn't even need Ruan Meh!

Pure Fiction:

Memory of Chaos I already posted above, but to have it all in one place:

Apocalyptic Shadow:

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019

Congrats on E3. The highest I've ever gotten one of these limited characters is Raiden Shogun E1 and that took something like 300 wishes.

Has anyone finished the story mission? Same question as last time; how long is it roughly and how many new maps are there, if any?
Oh my dear Inspector Spindoctor, those 20 pulls were always there! I didn't use all of my pulls at once. In fact, I still have about 115 pulls(with Starglitter) even after getting Firefly to E3! My top up bonus is still untouched even.

:steam_pig_grinning:

The new story is shorter than the previous ones, and there is one new small-ish map. It usually takes me 2 evenings of playing to finish a story update, but this one took me one.

My only limited characters with eidolons are Neuvillette, Topaz and now Firefly.

Last edited: