|OT| Honkai: Star Rail | Trails to the Wallet

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
New code for some free jades - MB6N2TVCSQ9F

A few days ago I decided to have a look at the MOC and it's not as daunting as I've been thinking it is. You start fights with something like 38 turns and the 3-star requirement is to finish before 24 turns. Getting 14 turns to finish a battle is a lot. There probably haven't been many (or any) fights in this entire game since launch where you needed 14 turns to get something done. So I put together 2 teams and managed to clear 8 floors with 3 stars each. Got stuck on the 9th and it didn't bother me because it was already way more than I thought I would accomplish.

I would say that if you're like me and you've been ignoring MOC because it's for hardcore players or whales or whatever, give it another look. I think if you can come up with 2 teams who are level 70ish or above and are even half decently built you should be able to complete 4-5 floors easily and get 15 stars. That's 300 free jades every couple of weeks. That's what I'll be doing without stressing out too much about completing the later floors.

EDIT - There's a bundle from Amazon prime as well - Prime Gaming

EDIT - And you can also get some jades and stuff from watching Twitch streamers for a couple of hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dandy

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm now 0 for 5 when it comes to 50/50s(and it wasn't early)! I have the literal worst luck in this game. Got Bronya, which is good I know, but I don't see myself building her for a long time. Took 7 more 10 pulls to bring DHIL home, and got Yukong, March and Asta all at E6 now.

• Sad
Reactions: Ascheroth

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I'm now 0 for 5 when it comes to 50/50s(and it wasn't early)! I have the literal worst luck in this game. Got Bronya, which is good I know, but I don't see myself building her for a long time. Took 7 more 10 pulls to bring DHIL home, and got Yukong, March and Asta all at E6 now.
That's unfortunate :(. On the bright side, he's apparently very powerful so you should have a good time once he's up and running.

What really stings is the triple whammy of going to pity, losing the 50-50 and then going to pity again. This happened twice in a row for me with Kafka here and Yelan in Genshin. Like you'd still feel sort of okay if the first two things happened and then you got lucky and pulled the 5-star in 20 pulls or something. But nope, roughly 160 tickets gone. Almost 2 patches worth of jades/primogems flow away. And all your future pulling plans go up in smoke :cryblob:

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
That's unfortunate :(. On the bright side, he's apparently very powerful so you should have a good time once he's up and running.

What really stings is the triple whammy of going to pity, losing the 50-50 and then going to pity again. This happened twice in a row for me with Kafka here and Yelan in Genshin. Like you'd still feel sort of okay if the first two things happened and then you got lucky and pulled the 5-star in 20 pulls or something. But nope, roughly 160 tickets gone. Almost 2 patches worth of jades/primogems flow away. And all your future pulling plans go up in smoke :cryblob:
Yeah, it's painful. It took me around ~160 tickets to get DHIL as well. At least the last few times I lost 50/50, I got who I was going for early. This has been my worst run.

But yeah, he's cracked from what I can tell, and I have just enough Jades left to get his LC(which is guaranteed cause I lost the 75/25 last time I pulled on that banner). I don't have any of the other S-Tier DPS characters, so it's tempting to go all in on him, plus I love his design and animations. Decisions, decisions.

This video shows off all the new features in the patch. I wouldn't have noticed half of them!

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Instead of increasing your trailblaze power they should have just increased the drops a little

• Toucan
OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Enjoyed the epilogue. Was as good a wrap to the messy storyline as possible and also made it clearer what they were going for. (My thoughts on that later).
It absolutely should have just been part of 1.2 though. Splitting the story into such tiny pieces just so that you can can say "new story" more often just hurts the pacing and quality... PlayStation players are gonna have a much better experience, but holy hell they need to get this sorted for future updates (unless I just get used to it, but ideally I don't have to tbh...).

There is this "post-credit" scene after you reconvene on the Astral Express and it makes it abundantly (heh) clear why the Luofu story felt so weird.
The Space Station and Jarilo-VI followed a similar pattern and set certain expectations going forward. They are effectively self-contained arcs where we deal with a crisis and move on. So obviously the expectation was that Luofu was just another stop on our journey, where we deal with a self-contained crisis and move. Except it wasn't.
Turns out the Luofu story itself was just setup for a bigger, on-going storyline. While we may be done with the Luofu, we are not done with the Xianzhou and knowing that, suddenly all those weird loose ends make more sense and are, at least to me, easier to swallow.
I still don't like some of the things they did (the Dan Shu stuff mainly - but at least the Trailblazer actually acknowledges it now and so we get a tiny little bit of closure), but looking at it back as a whole now makes me feel better about the story.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Disappointed with the story mission. It wasn't too bad as an epilogue but I don't know if anyone really believes that Tingyun is gone from the game and I didn't really like that they expected you to go and find people to talk to. Without that the quest would have been even shorter. This should 100% have been included in the previous patch, and honestly, the last 3 patches worth of story content should have been in one update.

Don't know what to say about the cadence of story updates. Penacony is definitely not 1.4. If it's 1.5 then that's roughly at the start of December.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Disappointed with the story mission. It wasn't too bad as an epilogue but I don't know if anyone really believes that Tingyun is gone from the game and I didn't really like that they expected you to go and find people to talk to.
I don't think the game tries to make you believe she's just gone, I'd argue they do the opposite.

I actually liked that final talk to everyone bit a lot, lol. I used it as an excuse to the tour the Luofu once more and even found a bunch of hidden quests and interactables that were either new or I'd just missed before. That said, I also wouldn't have complained if they marked them on the map, lol.
But as I said above this mission really should have been part of last update.
They need to work on their structuring a lot.

That said, in terms of content per update I'm pretty happy with the current state of things.
1.1 was too little.
1.2 was good.
1.3 is looking good. Companion missions, Aurum Alley (which I'm loving) and the Simulated Universe stuff (which looks fairly meaty and I'm really looking forward to some Aeon lore).

1.4 will be interesting for sure. Will they use this excuse of a story mission in 1.3 as an excuse to do a full-on "filler" patch? Will we actually get story? How the hell is Topaz going to fit into all of this? Since we know she's on a banner, but we haven't even met her, but we haven't gotten a 5 star just "randomly" dumped on us, they all had at least a little story presence.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I don't think the game tries to make you believe she's just gone, I'd argue they do the opposite.
80% of this final mission was about saying goodbye to Tingyun, except neither Hoyo nor we believe she's actually gone so it's all a bit pointless, no? The remaining 20% was saying goodbye to people on the Luofu and the idea is fine, but having to search for people to say goodbye to was a bit annoying. Also you only got 2 lines of dialog per person even if you did find them. When you find Sushang she's like "Who the fuck are you?". The most thoughtful farewell was Diting of all things lol.

My issues are specifically with the how the story is being doled out. The rest of the stuff is fine. The events are okay and all but the story delivery is not going smoothly. It's cut into bits and pieces and it isn't lining up with banners either. Also the whole Dan Shu side quest but not a side quest thing was a mess. I am convinced that this is a content pipeline issue because there is no way they are happy with how the 1.1-1.3 story beats have been delivered and they must know the community isn't thrilled either.

Anyway, don't forget today is the first of the month. 10 free tickets in the shop to get. Qingque is available to purchase and I kind of want to get an eidolon for her as I keep skipping whichever banner she shows up on. Apparently she is insanely fun to play if you can somehow reach E6 with her.

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Are you guys buying 5 Star Cone's or additional Warps with the exchange currency?

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Are you guys buying 5 Star Cone's or additional Warps with the exchange currency?
I'd use them on additional warps. 5 star cones are really just luxuries at the end of the day and one is worth 30 warps... not to forget you can still get them randomly from the standard banner and I know personally it would sting if I bought a cone and then got a dupe in the banner.

80% of this final mission was about saying goodbye to Tingyun, except neither Hoyo nor we believe she's actually gone so it's all a bit pointless, no?
But the characters don't know, so it would have been weird to just gloss over it. I think it made sense. It's just that it has no business being the majority of a story mission, but that's again more of a problem with their structuring and scheduling.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I'd use them on additional warps. 5 star cones are really just luxuries at the end of the day and one is worth 30 warps... not to forget you can still get them randomly from the standard banner and I know personally it would sting if I bought a cone and then got a dupe in the banner.

Aight, if you say so

hell yea that was a good investment

I also just collected enough Standard warps in the event for another 10

Today is my lucky day it seems

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I bought Gepard's LC because I use him alot and I didn't have any other good Preservation LCs. I'd also probably buy Bronya's now that I have her.

30 pulls just doesn't feel like that many to me.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
The Aurum alley event is extremely lucrative. Not just in terms of stellar jades either. You gets tons of credits and resources and trailblazer xp as well. It's also quite fun, although I do wish the balance was tilted more towards the puzzles and supply line management and little less towards a lot of the busywork you have to do in terms of running around and talking to people and all.

It takes a while to complete the event. At least a few hours worth of gameplay. So I would suggest not leaving it until the end or it could get a bit daunting.

This particular scene from the event made me laugh. Sometimes these writers are total trolls...

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I really disliked the event cuz it involved roughly 3 hours of boring, pointless dialogue that would have been much better used on continuing the story, or just character backstories.

Like Kafka, the most popular character had a companion mission with less than a 1/10th of this.

The puzzles were fun, altho far too over-tutorialized at the beginning.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Aurum Alley was great fun! Love these slice-of-life minigame sidemodes.
Swarm Disaster is quite cool as well, so far. It's pretty hard though, so I'm gonna wait until I get Lady Fu before venting deeper. Just gonna get the upgrades I can get from the low difficulties until then.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019

Hoyo announced the PS5 version is coming with 1.4 in October. I wonder if that means banner reruns will start then.

Fu Xuan is a week away now. Who all are planning to get her?

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Hoyo announced the PS5 version is coming with 1.4 in October. I wonder if that means banner reruns will start then.

Fu Xuan is a week away now. Who all are planning to get her?
I would expect reruns to start, yeah. Just makes sense so that PS people that had to wait still get a chance to go for the characters they've already seen and might want.

As for pulling, plans haven't chanced. I'll grab Fu Xuan, then Jingliu in 1.4.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
My initial plan/hope was to get Fu Xuan and Lynx and if I was lucky and got them early enough I'd try for Jing Liu as well. But then getting Kafka went to double pity and more or less ruined that plan. I'll have just under 150 tickets when Fu Xuan arrives which can almost guarantee her but I'm not sure anymore. If I could get Fu Xuan early and if reruns do indeed start in 1.4 then I might even consider trying for a Seele eidolon instead of Jing Liu.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Very happy with Fu Xuan. She's a big upgrade over my previous Trailblazer + Natasha combo.
Finally I have joined the ranks of the solo-sustainer-havers!

Did Swarm 4 with her for the first time (on auto even) and it was a breeze, even though I had the wrong party in the final boss fight because I'd swapped in Bronya for one of those "destroy barrels" stages right before and forgot to swap back. Whoops!

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
How complex is the Swarm event to understand? I've not started it yet because I feel like it will require a good bit of time to play it and I've been playing other stuff these days. It feels kind of daunting to be honest and that's why I'm sort of avoiding it for now.

I've reached 158 tickets so I can guarantee Fu Xuan more or less but I'm sort of playing with the idea of just doing one 5-star pull per banner and if I lose the 50-50 then so be it. Leave that banner and move on to the next one. I know it sounds a bit silly but you guys also know how bad it feels to have to spend ~160 tickets to get just one character. That's months of saving up that vanishes within minutes. This has happened twice in a row to me and as a general rule I tell myself there's no point getting emotional about mathematical probabilities but you can't help but think how long it takes to accumulate the currency right? Also the prospect of relic farming sort of drains my enthusiasm to get new characters anyway. Today I finally reached the inventory limit of 1500 relics and the game won't let you farm more until you clear up some space. I just instantly salvaged all my purple and blue relics. Will need to pay attention and delete the yellow ones as well when I have some time.

I was curious about one small thing. This is the first banner we've had where Mihoyo has released a character (Lynx) that has not appeared in the game at all so far (outside of maybe some reference here or there that I missed). The next banner has Jing Liu who has appeared in one side mission and then Topaz/Guinevere who are also brand new. Beyond that, leaks for upcoming banners also mention never before seen characters. Obviously this is happening because the company needs to sell new characters every 3 weeks and their story telling can't possibly keep up with that cadence. What I was wondering is whether this has happened in Genshin as well in the past? And generally, how well do those banners do in terms of popularity and sales?

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
How complex is the Swarm event to understand? I've not started it yet because I feel like it will require a good bit of time to play it and I've been playing other stuff these days. It feels kind of daunting to be honest and that's why I'm sort of avoiding it for now.
It's more involved than regular SU, but still not super complex. A run is a lot longer though and you'll need a lot of runs to get everything. But it's also not an "event", but permanent content without a time-limit, so you can just take it at your own pace.

I was curious about one small thing. This is the first banner we've had where Mihoyo has released a character (Lynx) that has not appeared in the game at all so far (outside of maybe some reference here or there that I missed). The next banner has Jing Liu who has appeared in one side mission and then Topaz/Guinevere who are also brand new. Beyond that, leaks for upcoming banners also mention never before seen characters. Obviously this is happening because the company needs to sell new characters every 3 weeks and their story telling can't possibly keep up with that cadence. What I was wondering is whether this has happened in Genshin as well in the past? And generally, how well do those banners do in terms of popularity and sales?
Have you forgotten Luca already? :(
Luca and Lynx + some other upcoming 4* appear on some Light Cones and were also shown in the release-trailer. Guinaven is mentioned by an Aurum Alley NPC.

So every new character releases with some form of content associated to them, even if it's not main story. Like companion missions (as seen with Luca and Lynx), or event appearances (some Genshin characters). Story presence isn't really mandatory if a character is appealing and/or strong (Hu Tao is a literal nobody in the Genshin story but sold and still sells gangbusters), however at the very least Genshin has long moved away from making 5 stars nobodies that pop out of nowhere (even if well integrated into the world).

I dunno how they are going to do it or will pace things, but there's about a 0% chance they'll just unceremoniously dump new characters. I guess we'll get a taste of how they'll do things with Topaz and 1.6 after.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Well I guess we now know what's up with Topaz (watch until the end):

Ties into the radio news on the Astral Express as well.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I decided to do two ten pulls for Fu Xuan and Lynx, and miraculously got a 5 star on my second one! Of course, I lose every 50/50, so I got Bailu. FML.

I then spent the rest of my Jades trying again, but didn't manage to get her(though I got more Pela Eidolons and Lynx!). I'm at 56 pity now, so kind of close? I might keep trying, as she sounds completely broken and there are no leaked/upcoming characters I really want.

Last edited:
OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I decided to do two ten pulls for Fu Xuan and Lynx, and miraculously got a 5 star on my second one! Of course, I lose every 50/50, so I got Bailu. FML.

I then spent the rest of my Jades trying again, but didn't manage to get her(though I got more Pela Eidolons and Lynx!). I'm at 56 pity now, so kind of close? I might keep trying, as she sounds completely broken and there are no leaked/upcoming characters I really want.
Obviously for me she has been a quantum leap (heh), since I was making do with just Preservation Trailblazer, Natasha and March.
But you already have Luocha, Gepard and now Bailu, no? Do you have trouble sustaining your teams? If so, she's very good. If not, she's probably a luxury pick.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Well I got very lucky for once. I had 14 pity on the banner and got Fu Xuan on the first pull of a 10 pull on this new one. Then got Lynx on the next 10 pull as well. So I have 140 tickets left and Jing Liu is back on the menu. That said, I'm still not too sure if I want her. We don't have that many ice units in the game. Is she meant to be a hypercarry? So far Seele and Kafka are fulfilling those roles for my account but it's not really what Kafka is meant to do. I'll be much more inclined to get her if she is indeed going to be a hard carry character.

Meanwhile I didn't pre-farm anything for either Fu Xuan or Lynx. You'll find me hanging out next to the ascension material and relics calyxes for the next 4 weeks I imagine.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Obviously for me she has been a quantum leap (heh), since I was making do with just Preservation Trailblazer, Natasha and March.
But you already have Luocha, Gepard and now Bailu, no? Do you have trouble sustaining your teams? If so, she's very good. If not, she's probably a luxury pick.
You're right, she would definitely be pure luxury. I think it's just FOMO that even made me pull, because I don't like her design(though her animations are amazing). It's why I pulled for Silverwolf too, though I use her all the time now with DHIL. I should be saving for another DPS, as DHIL and Clara are my only 5 star DPS.

Now that I have Lynx, I'm going to try to build Clara better.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
And the last one

So the apprentice judge is a 5-star and the actual judge is a 4-star :unsure:

Not sure about any of these characters. Will you guys be getting them?

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
And the last one

So the apprentice judge is a 5-star and the actual judge is a 4-star :unsure:

I like Argenti's design, though Erudition makes me nervous. I think I read that Hanya's thing is that she can give skill points, which would be good for DHIL.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I like all of their designs, but I dunno anything about their kit and haven't met them ingame yet, so right now I'm fairly apathetic and don't plan on anyone just yet.
Hanya would be nice, but chasing 4 stars is misery, soooo...

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Trailer

I dunno, I can't really gauge how meaty the individual parts of this are going to be at this point.
Pokemon is probably gonna be a nice and chunky couple hours, Jingliu's companion quest is probably gonna be an hour tops and no idea how long the new "main story" quest with Topaz gonna be.
I'm expecting this to be pretty lightweight again tbh, but we'll see. For some reason it's only 5 weeks this time though, I wonder why.

Nice that reruns are starting, but not nice that it's in addition to new characters, and we know 1.5 is gonna have another 2 new 5 stars... not the biggest fan of this character release pacing at the moment.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Not super interested in the 1.5 characters because we know nothing about them at all. From the livestream video, Guinafen seemed somewhat interesting. Topaz did not. I think I'll just go ahead and pull for Jinglebelle cause I don't see me wanting anyone else for a while. I'm kind of interested in getting Seele again for her eidolon because it seems quite good (+15% crit rate). She's appearing in the second half of the patch and her banner will include Guinafen so that's a bit of a bonus.

I was hoping the March 7th hosted livestream and it's title would indicate some further clarification of her backstory is coming in the next patch but apparently not. Her companion quest in this patch was kind of rubbish and it told us nothing except one bit of information about aeons. Dan Heng got so much focus on his past. I wonder if March will only get that if they do a 5-star version of her.

Also, man, where is the story going? We're supposed to be looking towards Penacony but instead we're heading back to Belobog. Like, do we think their original plan was to ship Belobog and half of Xianzhou, then finish the story there over the course of 4 months and then go back to Belobog?

EDIT: Wow ok I just looked at Seele's signature light cone. That provides +18% crit rate AND bonus damage to your attacks AND +12% crit rate to her ultimate. I know the rule is not to pull on the light cone banners but if one is being indulgent anyway and pulling for eidolons, then in this case the light cone seems so much better...

Last edited:
OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Also, man, where is the story going? We're supposed to be looking towards Penacony but instead we're heading back to Belobog. Like, do we think their original plan was to ship Belobog and half of Xianzhou, then finish the story there over the course of 4 months and then go back to Belobog?
To be fair, if you take the "train" part seriously, it might just be that the "rails" go from Belobog to Penacony, since that was our initial route before we got sidetracked by Kafka, so we have to go "back on track" first.
It's just that they haven't really done a good job making it clear how the Astral Express functions (or I've just long forgotten) and also ending a patch with "let's go to Penacony for real now!" only to get side-tracked again the very next update is just ass.
I have really not been impressed by their post-launch story "roadmap" so far though. Hopefully the Belobog stuff will at least be good - the premise at least has potential, but I dunno, the timing is just weird (maybe not in-story, but definitely for us).

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Looking for some build advice for Fu Xuan. I think I got lucky and managed to get decent enough relics for her, but I'm confused about one aspect that I could use some help with.

This is her gear currently;

I wish the HP was a bit more. Speed is comically high. I thought since I got SPD upgrades on multiple pieces I can replace the SPD boots with HP boots. That way HP would go up and SPD would come down to a more reasonable but still okay number.

So this is what I managed to get;

Here I get +1000HP but I lose 250 DEF and about 21 SPD. Is this a good tradeoff? Her speed is still fine and DEF is okayish. All her skills scale of HP so that being higher is good. But still, numerically, the tradeoff doesn't seem worth it to me. I'm not sure.

For reference, this is what that relic scoring site says for her first build and this is her second build.

Also, is the Herta shop light cone better than the Landau one I'm using? I can't tell how having a temporary shield will affect her gameplay.

I have to say though, she is super fun to play with. Barely takes damage and then when she goes below half HP she does her upside down thingy and back up to almost full health. Totally able to solo sustain a team. I don't actually have characters built up who can replace my healers lol so I'm using sub par built ones in the mean time.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
My gut feeling says the extra Def and Speed are worth more than the extra HP. Def is still really important for her, because the damage she mitigates from others is still reduced by her own Def and other effects. Which is also why the 2p Wuthering set is very good on her (8% DMG reduction), so that might be something to try instead of the speed set.
However I'd roll with your first build as a start and only really think about that if you actually have noticable trouble keeping her alive.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Yeah there's probably some mathematical formula that can tell me which of the two options provides more EHP but I don't think I can or want to go that deep into it. I do have loads of Wuthering relics because they come when you're farming the quantum set I think. I'll see if I can make something work there. The reason I went with the HP and Speed set here is because you farm both of them together.

Also, any thoughts on the light cone question?

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Also, any thoughts on the light cone question?
There are pros and cons to all of them, so it's more of a situational thing. In general, Landau works for her if she's tanky enough. Fu Xuan is gonna catch more non-aoe attacks, so it takes even more pressure off the team and will give her more energy for her Ult.
The Herta store cone has better stats, but lacks the aggro redirect, which means the team will catch more attacks (that she mitigates partly), giving your other supports and damage dealers more energy, but it does put more pressure on the team, so in prolonged fights it might be harderkeeping them alive.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
That trailer wasn't that good. Honestly, I feel like the quality of their trailers is kind of on the downswing. Not even sure there has been a good one after Kafka. I still think Seele's trailer is the best, especially the last part when Bronya shows up. The choreography and the orchestral music that plays during that part is just amazing.

Anyway, new code for 50 jades - PT8TF72MQ93X

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
New HSR code -
50 jades, 10K credits.
PT8TF72MQ93X

Redeem here:

Edit: Beaten by spindoctor! :surrenderblob:

Got Jingliu! I was at the borderline of pity, because the damn game wouldnt give me Fu Xuan. :face-with-cold-sweat: Not a bad consolation prize, as shes apparently plenty powerful.

Ive now got a solid structure for a third team, with Jingliu, Bronya and Lynx. Not bad!

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Got Jingliu and went from E0 Qingque to E5. Hell yeah.
Wanted to give the new mission a quick look and it looks meatier than I expected. Positively surprised so far.
But it's bascially the 2nd "We'll go to Penacony now! ...Actually lol no" fake-out and that is really a tad annoying.

That trailer wasn't that good. Honestly, I feel like the quality of their trailers is kind of on the downswing. Not even sure there has been a good one after Kafka.
I would agree, the trailers since Blade and Kafka have been just "alright".

Reactions: hersheyfan

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm skipping this banner... Though I'm kinda tempted to drop 10-20 pulls for more Eidolons for QQ(E4) and Tingyun(E5). I'm at 56 pity, and on a guaranteed 50/50 though.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Whew, positively surprised. Both the new Trailblaze quest and companion quest were excellent. And the companion quest might as well be main story too, lol.

I like Topaz. I don't like the IPC.
Was really nice to get back to Belobog for a bit and get some follow-up. The new areas are small, but it's still nice that things keep expanding and there even was a trash can. Beautiful.
And dang, it just casually namedropped a bunch of future potential characters with all of the other IPC execs, and one even got a voice already. And Penacony teases!

That was a very charged quest, whew. We finally get to know exactly what Dan Feng did, how Blade turned immortal, what happened to Baiheng and also glimpses into what's up with Jingliu.
I'm now pretty convinced Bailu is actually Beiheng reincarnated. Jingliu did not just randomly go to her.
Seems like Dan Feng tried to ressurect Beiheng as a Vidjadhara with his powers and Abundance Emanator flesh. That probably turned her into that Dragon Abomination they slew which then unterwent a proper Vidjadhara rebirth turning into Bailu or something similar.
Also great cutscene.
And poor Jing Yuan :(

Also sounds like Luocha and Jingliu are still scheming. Super intriguing stuff and I'm very interested into the continuaton of the Hunt/Abundance storyline.

Also Jingliu is very strong and very fun. Simulated Universe on Remembrance is hilarious.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Also Jingliu is very strong and very fun. Simulated Universe on Remembrance is hilarious.
Watching footage of her, she's very tempting. I'm going to try and be strong and save for Hanya/Argenti, or Hanabi though.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Got stupendously lucky with RNG. Managed to get Jing Liu in just two 10-pulls. Mathematical probability has normalized my run of bad luck for a while in this game

The only downside is that I was hoping to get all Qingque eidolons in this banner (and Tingyun eidolons, but mostly Qingque). Qingque is at E3 and Tingyun is at E4 and now the eternal question of whether to pull on the banner for the 4-stars or not.

Still have 180 tickets left. Almost certainly going to get Seele's weapon when the banner appears. Kind of want to get a Seele eidolon but that might be too much to ask. There still isn't any other upcoming character that I know of that I want. Maybe Hanabi because she will be a 5-star Harmony character.

And, as usual, I didn't farm anything for Jing Liu. So I'll be spending the next 2-3 weeks in the relic farming mines trying to build her up. The worst part is that Rutilant planar ornaments are recommended for her and I don't do that SU world at all so I have none saved up and it will probably take several weeks until I am able to get good ones of that set for her. In the mean time I used your shared Jinglebelle Ascheroth and she was really good. Loads of damage. Make sure to keep her shared for a while okay? :p

Reactions: Dandy and Ascheroth
OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I mean, looking at that list I don't think you can say you've ever had bad luck, lol.

Jingliu improvements!

Need more trace upgrades and cone superimpositions, other than that I'm happy, though I wouldn't say no to better Rutilant pieces (good thing we'll get double drops next week iirc).