|OT| Honkai: Star Rail | Trails to the Wallet

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Completed SU 3-II yesterday. Thought I'd go with the hunt path to make the boss fight go faster but Seele and Bronya died mid way through so trailblazer and Natasha had to slowly chip away at the end. Another long, slow boss fight where all the relevant damage came from the resonance orbital strike anyway. I get the feeling that my Seele might be too fragile for higher level SU runs but I also think it's my low level ability tree that is causing issues. I haven't farmed the mode at all to level it up. Also got some really crappy curios including one that reduces the number of blessings you get after a fight.

The event turned out to be a bit disappointing. 5 minute combat encounters timegated across 5 days. It took me 3 whole days before I figured out that I didn't need to have my best team for the event and instead I should just load up on damage dealers because there's no chance they will die within 2 encounters. 500 jades for 25 minutes gameplay isn't bad I guess.

I reached around level 44 on the battlepass and I expect I'll be able to complete it this week. I'll buy it when it's completed. Already bought an ios app store voucher to pay for it and the next express supply pass. Will have to decide which of the light cones to get. The one which gives your whole party a random buff every turn seems like it would be pretty cool even if it's not objectively/mathematically the best one. Getting a bit tired of Bronya and I was thinking about leveling Tingyun as an alternative and I think it would work for her.

Speaking of Bronya, I think I made a costly mistake last night. I was just looking at a guide for her and went to the section on light cones. One of the recommended light cones for her is the one which gives the next ally to act a 16% damage boost when she uses her skill. This works well for her because her skill is always damage boosting an ally and speeding them up to take the next turn. So you get the damage boost from the skill and then from the light cone as well. I happened to have this 4 star light cone so I went ahead and leveled it up all the way to 60, which is obviously very expensive in terms of materials/credits. Then when I went to actually swap out her old light cone I realized that she was using a 3 star (5 time super imposed) one which increases the damage of all allies by a 12%. So basically I'm trading a permanent, flat 12% attack boost for the whole party for a situational 16% attack boost on your main DPS character. When you look at it that way it does not sound like a good trade. Eventually when you level up this 4 star cone it'll go all the way up to about 32% bonus damage which will probably be worth it then but for now I can't help but feel that I wasted a lot of weapon xp materials.

I've reached trailblazer level 45 and I'm more or less done with all the trace upgrades for all 4 main characters. Next thing to farm is ascension materials for all of them. That's actually quite expensive as they take 20 of the purple materials each. After that I'm wondering what to focus on. One idea is to continue farming XP materials for the main team to help them on the journey from 60 to 70. The other idea is to farm ascension materials to get the second team to ascend at 50 and take them up to 60 to continue with harder Forgotten Hall challenges. I'm expecting a big chunk of XP materials to come when I eventually the battlepass but it'll definitely not be enough to get even the main team from 60 to 70 although I imagine it will be enough to get the level 50 team to level 60 and then get the main team a bit over 60.

So what seems like a better idea in this case? Get 8 level 60s and then work on getting the main team up slowly past 60 or just leave the secondary team at 50 for now and push as far as you can above 60 for the main team?

Also, Ascheroth , please put Jing Yuan as your support character when he's leveled up so that us poor peeps can also get to play with him a bit :p

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Battle Pass finished. Didn't check at all but I'm pretty sure the paid part was worth it.
Not certain to renew, though. These games are already time sinks but I'm not alright with paying to force myself to play daily. There is a fucking giant irony in this room.

Now the grind for all the mat you need to level up is becoming real. My four main are already 50/60, their Light Cones too IIRC, but now to level them up :sweaty-blob:

Is Sampo good ? I got him recently.

Reactions: Dandy
OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I've stopped trying to level a gazillion chars and just focus on my main team: Preservation Trailblazer, Natasha, Bronya, Jing Yuan.
I will eventually bring the others up as well (Sushang, March, Qingque, Dan Heng, Ting Yun, Asta,....) but I'm gonna stop thinking about Forgotten Hall and Memory of Chaos until I feel like I have one reasonably powerful team.
I guess my priority goes something like: make 1 DPS very strong -> tank/healer to keep things alive -> support to make DPS stronger -> second DPS/support -> etc

Also, @Ascheroth , please put Jing Yuan as your support character when he's leveled up so that us poor peeps can also get to play with him a bit :p
Already did so days ago!

Drip marketing for 1.2

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Done with all story content and sidequests but no Kafka banner yet. SCAM! SCAM!

Really like that the daily activities are much more low maintenance than Genshin.
Eventually stopped playing that one cuz it was just too much daily grinding, + some long walks at times to even get to an activity.
In Honkai i can get everything done reasonably within 15 Minutes which is nice and makes me much more likely to actually do it.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
More 1.2 drip marketing

On the Interastral Peace Corporation's wanted list, Kafka's entry only has two things — her name, and a single sentence: "Likes collecting coats." Little is known about this Stellaron Hunter aside from her being one of Destiny's Slave Elio's most trusted members.

In order to achieve Elio's envisioned future, Kafka gets to work.

An optimistic and carefree fighter with a mechanical arm. Skilled in mixed martial arts and is a Wildfire member.

From the fight cage to the battlefield, and from a fighter to a warrior, Luka uses his strength to protect the people of the Underworld.

He wishes to bring hope to others precisely because he had experienced despair himself.
Kafka is 5* Lightning Nihility.
Luka is supposedly 4* Physical Nihility

Hopefully the stream tomorrow has some good stuff, this 2nd half of the version is reaaaaally dry.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Did something i never did in Genshin and actually farmed some Relics (For Gepard)

Are 5 Star Drops guaranteed or did i just got mad lucky?
Did 3 fights and got 3 5 Star Relics with good stats i needed for him and then just crafted the last one.
Took me all but 15 minutes. 15 Minutes in Genshin i could have gotten lucky to get a 5 star relic at all.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Did something i never did in Genshin and actually farmed some Relics (For Gepard)

Are 5 Star Drops guaranteed or did i just got mad lucky?
Did 3 fights and got 3 5 Star Relics with good stats i needed for him and then just crafted the last one.
Took me all but 15 minutes. 15 Minutes in Genshin i could have gotten lucky to get a 5 star relic at all.
I believe it's guaranteed according to equilibrium level. At equilibrium 3 you get 1 guaranteed yellow. At eq 4 you'll get 2 and so on. The conventional logic apparently is to leave relic farming till as late as possible. Partly because you get more 'value' from your trailblazer energy later on and partly because it is better to get guaranteed stat upgrades from character levels/light cones/traces before you start the RNG hunt for relics. At least that's my understanding.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Redemption codes from the livestream;

ZTPTNMTX8LUF

8A6T6LBFQ4D3

DB7A64BW8LC7

CS75WMP976AK

They give 400 jades, some xp items and credits. I think the codes expire in about 12 hours so redeem them quickly.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Special Program:

It looks like 1.1 will not have new main story, which is utterly bizarre... From the way the Special Program starts it sounds like they consider the crisis on the Luofu temporarily under control, so I guess that's how they are justifying taking their time with it without it feeling it super disjointed when we're off doing stuff elsewhere? Except it still kinda is, cause we still haven't met up with Dan Heng again. Man, they botched it hard if their goal was to make the current Luofu story part look like a self-contained stopping point.

We're getting 4 new story quests and a bunch of events though, as well as a new Museum subarea in Belobog which all look fun. Main event gives a free S5 4* Nihility Light Cone and some of the events will partly turn into permanent content afterwards, like the current Tournament.

The new 4* Yukong will also be the free character of 1.2, so that's nice too.

Overall it's looking quite nice, but the way they're handling the main story ain't it.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Jesus H Christ ! I just reached Forgotten Hall 10 and... how ? How am I meant to gather enough XP to feed two lvl 60 fucking teams ?
Is there an advised way to farm xp ?

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Jesus H Christ ! I just reached Forgotten Hall 10 and... how ? How am I meant to gather enough XP to feed two lvl 60 fucking teams ?
Is there an advised way to farm xp ?
As I mentioned before, I managed complete (with 3 stars) upto FH13 with mixed teams of my main 4 characters at 60 and the other 4 at 50. So it's not required to have 8 level 60s at least until that point. Today, after a long gap, I tried FH14 and I only managed 1 star. Failed the DPS check and it wasn't even close. The bosses are level 63 and my under-leveled characters are just not good enough anymore. I would guess that I need the second party to be at least level 55+, level 9+ relics and level 4/5 traces.

I saw a tweet a few days ago where someone had calculated how much XP is required to level up your characters. I can't find it now but from memory, it was approximately like this;

42 large xp books to get one character from level 50-60.
66 books from 60-70.
138 books from 70-80.

Multiply these numbers by 4 to get one full team from one threshold to the next. We're going to have to go back to spending energy on the golden calyx nodes that give XP to level up. At some point you'll need to decide whether you want to level 2 teams to do forgotten halls/memory of chaos or just push one team to the max, which will help in the simulated universe I guess. Memory of chaos, if you're able to do it, gives 200 jades every week or two. I don't think SU has any comparable reward beyond the first completion. Of course, you'll still need to do SU for the weekly rewards anyway but you can always do a lower tier one. Still trying to decide which way I want to do it.

I finished off the battle pass the other day so I bought it. This is what you get from it (other than the specific trace leveling items and light cone);

Definitely seems worth it for the money paid given how much time it would take to gather that many xp items and 1.25 million credits.

Someone on reddit made a nice infographic about upcoming events;

That Garden of Plenty event is where the calyx nodes will give double resources. That will be the most efficient time to gather whatever thing you need the most. It is, however, limited to 12 attempts per day which might mean 120 trailblazer energy per day. So not exactly a loot pinata.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
What is this 'reset' Prydwen talks about concerning monsters ? Prodigious foes, or whatever they are called don't seem to respawn, and I'm really not sure normal monsters give xp. Or it must be super low.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Damn, got Clara ! Then did 2-3 single pull on the special and got Jin Yuan !
I am extremely pleased, but, game... I have no level up mats ! The road to 60 is gonna be painful.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Thread got all quiet like :cautious:

I guess there isn't really much to talk about and everyone is just farming upgrade materials and all.

I got to trailblazer level 52. Upgraded my main team to 70/70 character and lightcone levels. Got the secondary team up to 60/60. Even this isn't good enough to get 3 stars in Forgotten Hall 14/15 but it's close, so I guess leveling up the relics and traces of the second team might be enough to get there. You really start to see how important it is to have correct elemental characters to fight these harder bosses. I unlocked memory of chaos but you have to fight 4 bosses in those levels and I doubt I can get more than 1 star in them so I'm not bothering.

I saw this tweet today which gives an estimate of how many jades you can get in one patch cycle of 6 weeks;

It's based on data from this infographic which I cannot properly decipher;

I can understand some of the calculations. 42 days (6 weeks between 1.1 and 1.2) multiplied by 60 jades per day from daily quests is 2520. 42 days of 5 jades per chat you get at login is 210. 42 days getting 90 jades per day from the express pass is 3780. Can't understand most of the rest though.

Speaking of jades, we're getting 300 after the patch goes live as 'compensation' for something, not sure what.

Preloads are available for the next patch as well.

One last thing I just learned. These quests that I've marked in the image below are actually repeatable 3 times at different difficulty levels. And each time you repeat it you get 60 jades. I only ever did them once and didn't know you could do them again. So in case someone else didn't know...

There's also a similar quest in the storage zone of the space station. Got 360 jades today from finishing off the remaining 2 difficulties of all 3 quests.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I’m after the first boss fight on the third planet and it’s all kind of boring right now. Just talked to a square full of nothingburger npc. Yawn. Oh right, met Bailu, tote adorb :cat-heart-blob:
Am I far from the end of the MSQ ?

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, not much going on right now.
I guess I can post the Silver Wolf trailer though for posterity

Speaking of jades, we're getting 300 after the patch goes live as 'compensation' for something, not sure what.
That "compensation" is just for maintenance, no special reason.

I’m after the first boss fight on the third planet and it’s all kind of boring right now. Just talked to a square full of nothingburger npc. Yawn. Oh right, met Bailu, tote adorb :cat-heart-blob:
Am I far from the end of the MSQ ?
Don't think so. Just be prepared that it just kinda ends at a very bad spot (or you can wait until Wednesday to do it cause that's when they are shuffling some things around to make the ending spot less bad). And hopefully the companion quests will also round it out better 🤞

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Thread got all quiet like :cautious:

I guess there isn't really much to talk about and everyone is just farming upgrade materials and all.
Pretty much lol

I finished the story so I'm not even logging every day but it just because I'm busy for the past weeks.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Got to trailblazer level 52. Upgraded my main team to 70/70 character and lightcone levels. Got the secondary team up to 60/60. Even this isn't good enough to get 3 stars in Forgotten Hall 14/15 but it's close, so I guess leveling up the relics and traces of the second team might be enough to get there. You really start to see how important it is to have correct elemental characters to fight these harder bosses. I unlocked memory of chaos but you have to fight 4 bosses in those levels and I doubt I can get more than 1 star in them so I'm not bothering.
The play is too invest into the main dps for each time and get them to 70 with a decent amount traces, levelled Light Cone and levelled Relics and the supports can be left behind.
I got 3 stars in floor 14 and 15 by focusing on Jing Yuan on 1 side and Sushang for the other. I haven't bothered with Memory of Chaos yet, though.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
They rearranged the menu icons for some reason i hate it when people do that

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I saw this tweet today which gives an estimate of how many jades you can get in one patch cycle of 6 weeks;

It's based on data from this infographic which I cannot properly decipher;

I can understand some of the calculations. 42 days (6 weeks between 1.1 and 1.2) multiplied by 60 jades per day from daily quests is 2520. 42 days of 5 jades per chat you get at login is 210. 42 days getting 90 jades per day from the express pass is 3780. Can't understand most of the rest though.

It seems to be like Genshin, which means beyond dailies, they add the monthly shop passes, the compensation for maintenance (that's the 300+300 per hour of extra downtime in the official tweet), the event rewards, but also and that's quite unlikely for regular players, the endgame in getting full stars in Memory of Chaos every time.

Consider that those graphs are a rough guideline, but not really applicable to most.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
The play is too invest into the main dps for each time and get them to 70 with a decent amount traces, levelled Light Cone and levelled Relics and the supports can be left behind.
I got 3 stars in floor 14 and 15 by focusing on Jing Yuan on 1 side and Sushang for the other. I haven't bothered with Memory of Chaos yet, though.
Yeah I suppose I could have done that but I honestly don't really like both of my other 2 level 60 dps characters. Serval isn't as good as I had hoped she would be (and will be replaced by Kafka) and Dan Heng actually feels like a weakling. Maybe it's because I'm comparing them to Seele and that's just not fair. One of those quests I mentioned earlier had you kill 40 enemies (8 battles of 5 enemies each approximately) and you had to do it within 20 turns. I did it in 3 turns because Seele just kept taking turns and wiping out enemies. You can't really compete with that.

Still, I want to level up Welt, Qingque and Tingyun for some variety in how I play but man who knows when we'll get enough resources for that.

They rearranged the menu icons for some reason i hate it when people do that
Yea I noticed this the other day and it bothered me too lol. Muscle memory was set for all the icons I wanted to use and they've all shifted a bit from their old position.

It seems to be like Genshin, which means beyond dailies, they add the monthly shop passes, the compensation for maintenance (that's the 300+300 per hour of extra downtime in the official tweet), the event rewards, but also and that's quite unlikely for regular players, the endgame in getting full stars in Memory of Chaos every time.

Consider that those graphs are a rough guideline, but not really applicable to most.
Yeah this is definitely an upper limit for everything one can farm from the game. Most of us won't get close to being this efficient. Would be nice to know what all their different sources are just to know though.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
The patch is live now. 2gb additional update on PC and 200mb on iOS after the app store update.

Some nice surprises;

We get 600 jades as compensation instead of 300 that they mentioned.

You get 20 jades per event that you have seen in the Simulated Universe. I have seen 26/38 events so far so I got an extra 520 jades. Go grab them from the SU menu where you upgrade your ability tree.

Used 20 tickets on the Silver Wolf banner. Got an eidolon for Dan Heng (lol) and a 4 star light cone which my trailblazer uses and got it up to superimposition 3.

So now I'm trying to do some mathematics here. I have 103 tickets right now and I'm at about 60 pity on the limited banner. I should get a 5 star character in the next 15 odd pulls. So let's say I use up 18 tickets to get the 5 star;

If I get some random (non Silver Wolf) 5 star then I'll have 85 tickets left and Kafka will be guaranteed when that banner comes.

If I get Silver Wolf then I'd need to get another 80-90 tickets to guarantee Kafka on hard pity. I read that Kafka is going to be the second banner of 1.2 so that would mean a maximum of 12 weeks from today to get her. Even if she's on the first banner you have 9 weeks. You can get about 50 tickets per 6 weeks guaranteed (from dailies, shop etc.) without counting events and extras so it should be fairly easy to get 80 or more tickets within 9 weeks.

Are these calculations correct? My intent was to build a Nihility team with Welt and Kafka but honestly I have no resources to level them up anyway. I also read that you need almost 700 XP books to get a party from level 70 to 80 lol.

EDIT: Also new codes to redeem

BSN2EWMHA4RP
SURPRISE1024

80 jades + some other extras

Last edited:
OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
The Silver Wolf quest and event were pretty fun. Enjoyed the story and I went away liking Herta and Silver Wolf more than before and Screwllum as well, so I'd say that was pretty effective.
I was a bit surprised that they didn't timegate anything in that event, but seeing as it's the only new thing immediately available it makes sense. Friday will be the museum (looking forward to that a lot), then smaller events periodically and the remaining companion quests will only be available in 3 weeks. Should overall feel a lot better than the last month of almost nothing.

And... well. I guess I'm now also a Silver Wolf owner. Huh.
Wasn't planning on any of the 1.1 characters since I'm saving for Fu Xuan and Jingliu, but I figured I'll do a single pull on each of the banners to see what the gacha gods have to say, and they said "Silver Wolf". Don't think I've ever been this lucky in ~3 years of playing Hoyo gacha games. Wow.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Got her somewhat up-to-speed (Level 60/70 with the S5 60/60 event Light Cone, some traces and +9 purple relics) and figured I'd try her out in the Forgotten Hall. Grabbed all the stars I was missing there and then went into Memory of Chaos for the first time and got 3 stars on the first level (just barely, but hey!). Curious how far I'll be able to go.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Got her somewhat up-to-speed (Level 60/70 with the S5 60/60 event Light Cone, some traces and +9 purple relics) and figured I'd try her out in the Forgotten Hall. Grabbed all the stars I was missing there and then went into Memory of Chaos for the first time and got 3 stars on the first level (just barely, but hey!). Curious how far I'll be able to go.
Please share her :p. I am in no position to level her up right now.

I think her real value will appear with content like MOC where you cannot possibly cover all the elements. In theory a full quantum team would just delete the entire concept of elemental vulnerabilities but we're still far off from getting a quantum tank/healer. With Seele and SW in a team you have a 50% chance of getting quantum vulnerability with her abilities. Like you said, it could be the difference between 2 stars and 3 stars in certain harder FH/MOC levels.

I did the SW story quest and event. The event stuff was fun enough and quite rewarding with lots of jades and materials. The story stuff... I don't think I fully understood it. Basically it's Herta and SW mindfucking each other as SW searches for that curio (aether thingy) which stores memories of hackers. Not sure why she was looking for it. Is there a wiki or something which explains the plot for simpletons like me?

Reactions: Ascheroth

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Managed to get Silver Wolf as well yesterday. E5 Serval, E3 Dan Heng, E2 Asta. Not bad!

While my luck with pulling 5 stars early has been terrible so far ( I always seem to break pity in the late 70s to early 80s, which never happened to me previously), at least I havent lost a 50/50 yet. Down to around 32 pulls.

Next up on my want list is Kafka, who is really more of a vanity pull instead of a real need, so I won't be too hurt if I swing and miss!

Kind of bummed that the character I've wanted to pull since the game launched (Himeko) is apparently HSR's equivalent of Qiqi. Now I dont know who to look forward to when I eventually hit 300 standard pulls in the far future, lol.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
So as I posted earlier, I lost the 50/50 with Clara(at 81 pulls - ugh). I also lost the Standard banner recently(pull 78) and got Clara's lightcone... So I guess I will build Clara up now?

Silver Wolf seems to be a game-changing character, according to streamers/youtubers anyway. I've used her in support roles, and it is nice to tear through enemies that are resistant to you.

I still have 135 pulls left(plus whatever this event gives us), but I dunno if I want to tempt fate by trying for her again, especially at the cost of missing out on Luocha. At least now he is guaranteed.

I also got Serval up to E5, and a couple Eidolons for Dan, Asta and March as well(they are all E1-E2 now).

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
So as I posted earlier, I lost the 50/50 with Clara(at 81 pulls - ugh). I also lost the Standard banner recently(pull 78) and got Clara's lightcone... So I guess I will build Clara up now?

Silver Wolf seems to be a game-changing character, according to streamers/youtubers anyway. I've used her in support roles, and it is nice to tear through enemies that are resistant to you.

I still have 135 pulls left(plus whatever this event gives us), but I dunno if I want to tempt fate by trying for her again, especially at the cost of missing out on Luocha. At least now he is guaranteed.

I also got Serval up to E5, and a couple Eidolons for Dan, Asta and March as well(they are all E1-E2 now).
Clara seems to have a fairly unique playstyle so I would actually enjoy building her up (eventually) if I had her. And you got her light cone too! From what I can tell she's a proper tank as well so you'll have the freedom to change your fire trailblazer to something else when new paths become available. And I'm sure you must have seen those nutty videos where Clara just solos SU bosses.

As for whether to pull for SW... I would if I was in your situation. There are about 6 weeks left to get Luocha. In that time you will get about 45 tickets from daily stuff (if you have the express pass and buy out the monthly shop). On top of that you'll get more from the daily login stuff, weekly SU rewards and from the quests and events that are coming. Probably around 55-60 more tickets to get, which would put you at 190. You really only need 155-165 for hard pity so you'd still have at least 25 tickets you can spend now. If you get SW within 25 that's great and if not then you'll be 25 pity towards your guaranteed Luocha.

This is the exact same calculation I did before pulling for SW. Only in my case, I was saving for Kafka which meant I had longer to get more tickets but also I had fewer tickets than you do to start off with.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Clara seems to have a fairly unique playstyle so I would actually enjoy building her up (eventually) if I had her. And you got her light cone too! From what I can tell she's a proper tank as well so you'll have the freedom to change your fire trailblazer to something else when new paths become available. And I'm sure you must have seen those nutty videos where Clara just solos SU bosses.

As for whether to pull for SW... I would if I was in your situation. There are about 6 weeks left to get Luocha. In that time you will get about 45 tickets from daily stuff (if you have the express pass and buy out the monthly shop). On top of that you'll get more from the daily login stuff, weekly SU rewards and from the quests and events that are coming. Probably around 55-60 more tickets to get, which would put you at 190. You really only need 155-165 for hard pity so you'd still have at least 25 tickets you can spend now. If you get SW within 25 that's great and if not then you'll be 25 pity towards your guaranteed Luocha.

This is the exact same calculation I did before pulling for SW. Only in my case, I was saving for Kafka which meant I had longer to get more tickets but also I had fewer tickets than you do to start off with.
That was good advice! I did 30 more pulls and got her. Thanks! :D

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
The new event is REALLY high effort, making a whole ass minigame is amazing.
Also really well rewarded too

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
So does pretty much everyone here now have Silver Wolf? Lol.

I got 6 stars in Memory of Chaos, good enough.

The struggle is real with these half-assed teams of half-builts and the reward isn't really worth the effort.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
That was good advice! I did 30 more pulls and got her. Thanks! :D
Nice, congrats. You'll easily get back up to 150-160 tickets in the next 6 weeks. This new museum event gives something like 1500 jades by itself.

The new event is REALLY high effort, making a whole ass minigame is amazing.
Also really well rewarded too
Yeah the museum is surprisingly entertaining.

Well, until you run into the timegating :disapproval-blob:

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm surprised by how much they put into this event! The actual management game has zero depth, but it's still fun to unlock things.

I don't mind the time gating, as it gives me something to do in HSR for the next few days, other than grinding mats for Silver Wolf.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I'm surprised by how much they put into this event! The actual management game has zero depth, but it's still fun to unlock things.

I don't mind the time gating, as it gives me something to do in HSR for the next few days, other than grinding mats for Silver Wolf.
I very much mind the time gating because I want finish my Museum Tycoon campaign!

It feels like the management stuff has no depth because there's no way to lose. You can just keep spamming the daily routine and amass the currency to level up everything. What would have made it challenging would be if they had set limits on the number of days you can run the museum. Or maybe something like Recettear where you have a target to achieve within a set number of days and if you fail you reset to the beginning. That would force people to engage with the strategy and optimization. Of course, that would require much more in depth game design for a side mini game that already has a lot of effort in it in the first place.

The battle records section in the hoyolab app now shows how many treasure chests you've opened in the game. So far mine is showing 298. Does anyone have or know if there are more to get?

I've been reading that Mihoyo will go whale hunting with Kafka by making her E1 eidolon/light cone either overpowered or mandatory to play her well. I've read the leaked descriptions of what these things are supposed to do and they don't seem that amazing but obviously I don't properly understand all her abilities anyway. My question is whether this company has a history or tendency of doing this kind of thing in Genshin if anyone knows?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Is there a time limit to this event ? I think I saw it being 1 week left ?
Because I’m not into gameplay mood, just grinding mats each day.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Is there a time limit to this event ? I think I saw it being 1 week left ?
Because I’m not into gameplay mood, just grinding mats each day.
There's both a permanent part and a temporary part (that gives you a lot more).

As far as I'm concerned, this event is pretty bad, reusing the windblume store minigame from Genshin (ripped from Yakuza) that was pretty boring, but as the only content for an event? Not so sure about that, when Genshin has a stinker minigame, it has a lot more on the side.
The fact that they also removed the time constraint means you can just... spam click the days for no penalty? Strange.

After the Silver Wolf event that was extremely short, and the 20mins story quest for a total of maybe an hour total of content... I'm not convinced they really have enough meat on their patches.

Because beyond that, it's back to AFK autobattle boring ressources and Simulated Universe (oh boy did that one get dull and faceroll fast) with really only Memory of Chaos where you actually... play the game.
And a game where you don't really play but just wait around with your phone flashing and screaming Disappear in the sea of butterflies for 5mins every day...

Guess I won't be going back this time, kinda disappointing.

Reactions: Li Kao
OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
The actual management game has zero depth, but it's still fun to unlock things.
Yeah, this is how I feel about it. The "management" is pretty weak, but unlocking new things with the small quests or mini-puzzles while making numbers go up is overall still quite fun and I'm enjoying the storyline.

• This!
OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I spent the last days + a bunch of Fuel on getting most of my chars to 60/70 for the free standard warps, since I've been creeping close to soft pity and I am now a Himeko owner. Yay. First her Light Cone, now her, game's telling me something.
Will be working on her next then. Also curious about trying a Trailblazer/Asta/Himeko/Silver Wolf fire team sometime.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm still going slow with the game so I don't get burned out of it. I'm currently doing the museum event and I've finished Silver Wolf mission.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
The battle records section in the hoyolab app now shows how many treasure chests you've opened in the game. So far mine is showing 298. Does anyone have or know if there are more to get?

I've been reading that Mihoyo will go whale hunting with Kafka by making her E1 eidolon/light cone either overpowered or mandatory to play her well. I've read the leaked descriptions of what these things are supposed to do and they don't seem that amazing but obviously I don't properly understand all her abilities anyway. My question is whether this company has a history or tendency of doing this kind of thing in Genshin if anyone knows?
Anyone have any thoughts about these 2 things I asked? :unsure: It's possible to check the battle record on the web as well at this link. Need to login, select Star Rail on the right side of the page and then the battle records button.

I spent the last days + a bunch of Fuel on getting most of my chars to 60/70 for the free standard warps, since I've been creeping close to soft pity and I am now a Himeko owner. Yay. First her Light Cone, now her, game's telling me something.
Will be working on her next then. Also curious about trying a Trailblazer/Asta/Himeko/Silver Wolf fire team sometime.
Congrats. I would have liked to get Himeko as well.

I have total choice paralysis on what characters to level up now. About to hit TB56 and I'm still busy farming ascension materials for the main crew. Then it'll take 140xp books per character to get them from 70 to 80. So a total of 560 books required and I have about 200. It takes a week of non stop trailblazer energy farming to get 140 books. And I feel like even if you prioritize getting the DPS characters leveled up before supports, it's useful to have them all leveled up so that you can easily do the content that scales up with equilibrium level jumps. So I'd have to spend at least the next 2-3 weeks just farming up XP books to get the main team up to 80.

Other than that there are so many characters I'd like to level up as I've mentioned earlier. Now Silver Wolf is added to that list. I was sort of playing around with the idea of having a team with Bailu, Serval, Kafka and SW. The upside would be that I already have 2 of them decently leveled up. The downside, aside from obviously not yet owning Kafka, is that I think this team would be made of paper and Bailu's targeted healing is not reliable enough to keep people alive. Still, it would be funny to have an almost all lightning team as a novelty. Realistically I cannot level anyone up for a while yet, but I think the first character when I can will be SW for her utility.

Also these 2 events we've had have boosted up star rail passes by quite a bit and there's a rumor going around the next patch will have another 10 ticket login event. People with Genshin experience are saying it's highly unlikely/unbelievable. Let's see. I'm thinking I'll maybe YOLO 10-20 tickets on Luocha as well just for the heck of it.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I have total choice paralysis on what characters to level up now. About to hit TB56 and I'm still busy farming ascension materials for the main crew. Then it'll take 140xp books per character to get them from 70 to 80. So a total of 560 books required and I have about 200. It takes a week of non stop trailblazer energy farming to get 140 books. And I feel like even if you prioritize getting the DPS characters leveled up before supports, it's useful to have them all leveled up so that you can easily do the content that scales up with equilibrium level jumps. So I'd have to spend at least the next 2-3 weeks just farming up XP books to get the main team up to 80.
You'll be fiiiiine.
I am closing in on TL 59 since I spent a bunch of Fuel and I have nothing prefarmed and I only have 2 characters at 70, lol. We'll see how it goes, but I find prefarming unenjoyable, I'd rather focus on immediate gains even if they are technically inefficient.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Now that i understood how it works, i put up my Gepard for support.

You'll be fiiiiine.
I am closing in on TL 59 since I spent a bunch of Fuel and I have nothing prefarmed and I only have 2 characters at 70, lol. We'll see how it goes, but I find prefarming unenjoyable, I'd rather focus on immediate gains even if they are technically inefficient.
Really? I started way after you and got 4 on Level 70 now, that i will be focusing on now until they've achieved completion.

OP
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Really? I started way after you and got 4 on Level 70 now, that i will be focusing on now until they've achieved completion.
Yeah, I have only 2 at 70/70, but I also have 14 others at 60/70. Like I said, not "efficient", but you get pulls for that and I was close to soft-pity :p

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
New code to redeem from the Silver Wolf promotion:

GOODGAME1024

No jades though - just a few LC/EXP/Credits.