News In case you haven't noticed, the US is on fire #BandwithWarning

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Some websites reporting that it were straight up live rounds too, but not sure how reliable those are
All bullets used by police are lethal. It just happens that they have different lethality levels.

Reactions: ISee

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
All bullets used by police are lethal. It just happens that they have different lethality levels.
To be more precise, rubber bullets still have a plastic core and the range at which they go from lethal to "simply" maiming is pretty dismal.

Once more, if you go out there, get something for your eyes and get the hell out of dodge if they pull out weapons. Live to protest another day.

Reactions: ISee

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
From the reddit livethread in which mods broke protocol to remind people that the US constitution guarantees the people's right to peacefully assemble and protest. The fact that such a reminder becomes necessary is beyond words.

The footage is not graphic.
  • The police charged and attacked peaceful protesters as part of an organized and deliberate tactic
  • The police did not differentiate between the press and the protestors
  • The police aimed at forcing the protestors to break the law by entrapping them in a confined space so that they cannot physically go home by curfew.
  • The police fired rubber bullets in a crowd at ranges that appear incredibly close and the risk to blind and maim is both immense and irresponsible
I know this is a "no shit" for most people here but I think it is useful to enumerate the facts, all the illegal and barbaric acts committed by the police you can see in a single video.

I dread what Trump is supposed to say during this speech.

Reactions: xinek
OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Journalist hit by flashbang grenades

Australian Journalists being assaulted on air

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Don't they literally have a game about cops gunning down rioters tho (which also takes place in the midst of a pandemic)

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
NJ calm so far. We'll see if that holds. We've made some reforms in the last 20 years and although police unions are kinda gross at all times everywhere, does t reach the depths of lapd or NYPD.

I donated some money and I have a limit in my mind we re I'll seriously consider getting out there. Internally rolling my eyes at corporate blm statements and even those from celebs. Like wtf, too chicken before?

Federal police reform and the destruction of police unions in their current form. Oh and I forgot, give back the military gear you have and don't fucking need bc of 9/11. What a mistake that was.

Even if you don't believe in racism because you live a sheltered all white life with no POC/black friends, family or loved ones, acknowledge that law enforcement has a legitimacy problem in the US.

NJ isn't perfect, not by a long shot, with police using force on black people between 3-6 times as often as on white people, across the state. But its what 'reform', that nebulous progressive term, could look like. No token reforms.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Seth Rogen is amazing his Insta. Telling eveyone who writes "All Lives Matters" to fuck off. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: NarohDethan

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
I went to the protest in Clifton, NJ. I gave out a package of water bottles and stayed for around 30 minutes. I kept away from people as much as possible and walked around so I wasn't in continuous contact with others. The police were fine and kept out of the way and the roads cleared. There were probably over 100 people.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I went to the protest in Clifton, NJ. I gave out a package of water bottles and stayed for around 30 minutes. I kept away from people as much as possible and walked around so I wasn't in continuous contact with others. The police were fine and kept out of the way and the roads cleared. There were probably over 100 people.
Ayy I know Clifton! Great that you got out there!

I saw a protest of three in my central NJ town. Trying to figure out of something is planned for this weekend.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Ayy I know Clifton! Great that you got out there!

I saw a protest of three in my central NJ town. Trying to figure out of something is planned for this weekend.
Hopefully the people that was there for yours set up something. That is how the protest in Clifton occurred. On Sunday, one person stood at city hall then 4-5 others joined him and later organized today's protest.

Video from it:

Here's another, but I timestamped it because I don't understand what the person in the truck is saying:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Hopefully the people that was there for yours set up something. That is how the protest in Clifton occurred. On Sunday, one person stood at city hall then 4-5 others joined him and later organized today's protest.

Video from it:

Here's another, but I timestamped it because I don't understand what the person in the truck is saying:

The one in my town that I drove past was ad hoc as hell. Three people with signs on the corner of a busy intersection.

Might be something county wise this weekend.

And I saw a stream of it, it looked great! Really well organized and had some great speakers.

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
The tweet with the video has been deleted apparently

Last edited:
OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

___

____

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]This is what i have been talking about.[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]All of them. Every single one. Has an Option. [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]The option to shoot innocent protestors or not to.[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]And this is why it's fine to call cops pigs.[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Because all those still standing there, shooting at protestors, assaulting journalists? [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]They have made a choice too. And by that choice, we all can judge them.[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]These people have made a choice too. A choice to fire a teargas canister at a protestors head at point blank range.[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]ACAB[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Is it just me or is the police mistaking service and duty for an adrenaline ride where they get to re-enact hollywood action scenes? I mean, beside the blatant breach of law, racism, institutional brutality and all those small things.

To be honest at this point you need thigh-high boots to wade through the pile of laws, amendments and procedures they have shredded.

OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

Is it just me or is the police mistaking service and duty for an adrenaline ride where they get to re-enact hollywood action scenes? I mean, beside the blatant breach of law, racism, institutional brutality and all those small things.

To be honest at this point you need thigh-high boots to wade through the pile of laws, amendments and procedures they have shredded.
A lot of cops don't join to "protect and serve" but for the right to committ violence. Same with the Military, it's the inherent attraction of the Job to plenty of people. This is just them, fully mask off.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
i was watching thsi stream for like 3 hours yesterday and it may have been the most cathardic thing right now. 25k people watching these fucking ghouls be dragged was just awesome. The suck my dick guy was def a highlight but so were random people just popping in to say fuck the police.

as always ACAB

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
People are protesting against racism, police brutality and a corrupt system and the president proudly proclaims that part of the executive forces are just waiting for a chance to be violent. That's certainly an interesting way to deescalate. "Deal maker" and "Diplomat"

The front line was replaced with fresh agents, like magic. Big crowd, professionally organized, but nobody came close to breaching the fence. If they had they would have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen.
Many Secret Service agents just waiting for action. “We put the young ones on the front line, sir, they love it, and good practice.”

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I mean other than the fact his entire dementia-ridden post reads like a teenager's reddit post, the "they love it" about the young ones is pretty chilling.

Keep on keeping on.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
A single white family of friends took their three kids and stood out in the middle of downtown in a small white community yesterday in support of Black Lives matter.

They plan to go out today again, and have gotten feedback that people want to join them. The local newspaper wants a quote for them.

They’re asking me for advice on what to do.

This is encouraging.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
i was watching thsi stream for like 3 hours yesterday and it may have been the most cathardic thing right now. 25k people watching these fucking ghouls be dragged was just awesome. The suck my dick guy was def a highlight but so were random people just popping in to say fuck the police.

as always ACAB
Who are the people on that call?

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Who are the people on that call?
it was the piece of shit LAPD chief of police and the police commission who could make necessary changes if they wanted and dont. so it was hours of people calling them out even though it didnt seem like they could have cared less

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Damn, those Trump tweets...

It reads like he's the president of a banana republic somewhere and the guerrilla movement is just about to hit his central palace.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
FYI current police loadout can be attributed to prior riots in US history, especially Detroit '67. THey whites got scared, and so they armored up.
Coming out in full body armor, looking like only slightly lower rent captain america is PART of the problem.

Trump is going all on being the "protector" for those weak people. Its a bold strategy.....

Listening to great speech in Minneapolis atm, guy brings up a point, police steal. Civil forfeiture needs to end. To say nothing of salary and overtime abuse. ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE!

Last edited: