|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
This looks so good! Hope it runs decently in portable and isn't blurry. Haven't played a meaty JRPG for a while now, and I could go for one just about now.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
LTTP on this, but I finally started digging deep into Returnal.

Jesus, what an absolutely incredible game that is! I was seriously doubtful that the trademark Housemarque twitch shooter mechanics would work well in a TPS roguelike, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

It more than earns its reputation for extreme difficulty (the game is rock hard, and extremely unforgiving), but it makes it all the more sweet when you clutch out a good run.

It's been a good while since I've played a game where I'm constantly thinking about it even when I'm not playing, figuring out ways I could have done bettter. Returnal is far and away my game of the year so far, and is likely to stay that way (barring perhaps Forza Horizon 5, but that's a long shot).

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Tried Sky: Children of Light from thatgamecompany on my Switch. I have no idea what's going on and the framerate is really bad. Could use a PC version or PS5/XSX version.

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
Does anybody know where the personal Playstation Network profile page that used to be at https://my.playstation.com/profile/PSN_ID has gone? Or is Sony removing all the social / achievement / profile stuff from the web and hiding them in mobile apps instead, like Microsoft seems to be doing, too?

EDIT: The input form on this forum is sometimes too smart for its own good, now the URL I wanted to point out should be actually shown, lol

Last edited:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I played through Metroid Dread again since it is that good. It took me a bit over 5 hours to complete the game on hard mode. As far as I can tell, the only change in hard mode is that enemies, which already hit like trucks in normal, now hit like semis. You can easily die in two hits to some bosses.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Apparently Nintendo completely shits the bed on NSO
Sheesh, like again, when you are asking folks to spend money compared to playing on emulators, the service needs to be robust and top notch.

---

On the Zelda example, it seems like it is the lag due to modern TVs versus CRTs, but still, it is something that could have been accounted for when emulating on an intended device.

• Sad
Reactions: Cacher

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Last week we had a bunch of the most impressive ports so far for the Switch in Crysis Trilogy and Dying Light, and today we're treated with subpar emulations of decades old hardware, released by the company that created it, and then charge $30 extra for the privilege.

Embarrassing tbh

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
A new Star Ocean?

I don't personally care, but at least it's an interesting reveal

EDIT:
I hate to sound like a curmudgeony old git but why are people hyped for Little Devil Inside?

It has a nice art style and little else from what's been shown so far?
The indie scene is so ridiculously STACKED I can trip over games that simply have good art styles.

Last edited:
Reactions: NarohDethan

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
A new Star Ocean?

I don't personally care, but at least it's an interesting reveal

EDIT:
I hate to sound like a curmudgeony old git but why are people hyped for Little Devil Inside?

The indie scene is so ridiculously stacked I can trip over games with good art styles.
Could be good, but that trailer was cut like someone tried to make a pretty varied game look as boring as possible on purpose.

Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

The indie scene is so ridiculously stacked I can trip over games with good art styles.
Same, it looks like something you play if you have trobule sleeping.

• Toucan
Reactions: AHA-Lambda

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I started playing Shining Soul because some people were talking about it now that's on the Expansion Pack (I think?), and I did not at all expect it to play the way it does based on its screenshots. It reminds me a bit of a classic dungeon crawler?

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Switch got the naughty version while PS got the cute version. Lmao.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Any of you lot get codes to the Elden Ring network test or are you all sat in your man caves with a big ole mood on?

Don't know what difference there is between the two but here's two map sites for Forza Horizon 5.

Last edited:

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
That's great news! The series really needed this and I hope for more of these 2D Metroid games, which will be more likely now.

• This!

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
Can't believe that Otogi 1 and 2 are on the list. :heroblob:
Yeah! It's a shame this is the last batch of BC games because they were so close to finish porting all the Sega exclusives that did not get re-released elsewhere.
Still, what a great initiative that was. It legit brought me into the Xbox ecosystem. I was a PS3 guy in the 7th gen and it pissed me so much to not be able to bring all my games to my PS4.

• Comfy

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Yeah! It's a shame this is the last batch of BC games because they were so close to finish porting all the Sega exclusives that did not get re-released elsewhere.
Still, what a great initiative that was. It legit brought me into the Xbox ecosystem. I was a PS3 guy in the 7th gen and it pissed me so much to not be able to bring all my games to my PS4.
Yes it's unfortunate but at least the service goes out with a bang. Not sure if they will continue working on framerate boost though. Their work on boosting all Gears games to 60 fps is fantastic. I haven't gotten a Series X yet but BC would be a big reason why I am getting one soon.

Reactions: pinson