|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Breath of the Wild 2 has been delayed until spring 2023. I guess Elden Ring wins GOTY by default.
Totally expected so I am not sad at all. The new footage and that world beyond Hyrule though.... oh god I am excited to play it. I assume the growing thing on his hand is the courage Triforce. Considering that the whole Triforce is on Zelda's hand in Botw 1, this is very interesting. Nevermind it's not a Triforce! Looks like a circular symbol.

Reactions: Arc
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Shame about BOTW 2 delay.

There's nothing currently on the horizon for me with the Switch. I only use it for exclusives.

Might get that Kirby game, looks fun, but not so fun that I need it asap.

Reactions: C-Dub

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Do we have release dates for the next few big Switch games ?
I mean Kirby is cool and could totally fit my quest for a game I can cuddle up in, but not 400 euros cool.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Do we have release dates for the next few big Switch games ?
I mean Kirby is cool and could totally fit my quest for a game I can cuddle up in, but not 400 euros cool.
April 12 - 13 Sentinels
April 29 - Switch Sports
June 10 - Mario Strikers
June 24 - Fire Emblem Musou
September - Xenoblade 3

• Love
Reactions: Cacher and Li Kao

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I finished Final Fantasy Origin. I did a near 180 on the game and think it turned out to be really great. The level design gets more complex and the advanced jobs are a lot more fun than the basic ones. The story actually does a pretty good job tying itself to the original Final Fantasy, even though it can get really goofy at points.

• Comfy
  • Gib
Reactions: Valdien and Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I finished Final Fantasy Origin. I did a near 180 on the game and think it turned out to be really great. The level design gets more complex and the advanced jobs are a lot more fun than the basic ones. The story actually does a pretty good job tying itself to the original Final Fantasy, even though it can get really goofy at points.
Thanks for the impression. I was honestly pretty excited to it even before release. The goofiness is very rare these days and I doubt Team Ninja would make a bad action game. Very happy to hear that it turns out pretty good. I will probably grab it when it releases on steam next year.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Thanks for the impression. I was honestly pretty excited to it even before release. The goofiness is very rare these days and I doubt Team Ninja would make a bad action game. Very happy to hear that it turns out pretty good. I will probably grab it when it releases on steam next year.
I'm actually surprised at how much I liked the story. It's schlocky, but it does have a very satisfying set up with the revelations and payoff at the conclusion. Also the Sinatra song used in the trailer fits the game's plot to a T.

The combat is obviously the highlight and the later jobs are really fun to use. I really enjoyed the boss fights and can't think of one that I overly disliked. Part of me thinks that I like the bosses more than the ones in Elden Ring, primarily because I got tired of nearly every ER boss having a fakeout move.

The level design does get more complex. It never reaches the highs of any From game, but it does slightly move beyond endless corridors.

It's kind of a shame that it releasing on EGS dampened the narrative around it. It really is a solid 7/10 game, but it does have a very rough few opening hours and performance issues. I've read the PC port was a disaster, and I'd believe it considering I got frame rate drops into the teens at some point on my Series X. Also the HDR is awful and I had to disable it to be able to actually see what was happening. Hopefully the game will be fixed up by the time the Steam release happens.

• Comfy
Reactions: Valdien and Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I'm actually surprised at how much I liked the story. It's schlocky, but it does have a very satisfying set up with the revelations and payoff at the conclusion. Also the Sinatra song used in the trailer fits the game's plot to a T.

The combat is obviously the highlight and the later jobs are really fun to use. I really enjoyed the boss fights and can't think of one that I overly disliked. Part of me thinks that I like the bosses more than the ones in Elden Ring, primarily because I got tired of nearly every ER boss having a fakeout move.

The level design does get more complex. It never reaches the highs of any From game, but it does slightly move beyond endless corridors.

It's kind of a shame that it releasing on EGS dampened the narrative around it. It really is a solid 7/10 game, but it does have a very rough few opening hours and performance issues. I've read the PC port was a disaster, and I'd believe it considering I got frame rate drops into the teens at some point on my Series X. Also the HDR is awful and I had to disable it to be able to actually see what was happening. Hopefully the game will be fixed up by the time the Steam release happens.
Yeah, I heard bad things about the performance. Wouldn't expect SQEX to make updates just for the steam release. It is really disappointing that they usually treat PC releases as after-thought. Hopefully they (or modders) will fix up the game I can play it asap because it sounds really fun. (y)

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
I haven't finished FF Origins yet, but yeah, I agree that the bosses so far have been fun and really well designed. I've been soloing all the bosses so far and wouldn't consider any of them to be cheap or unfair. There are a few bosses that summon adds, but that's fair game considering you have 2 party members at your disposal. No doubt that some bosses had to be designed around that. The attacks are well telegraphed, and anything that cannot be blocked has a red aura around it. Not to mention that a lot of the ability attacks (not basic moves) coming from enemies/bosses also have names associated with them so the player can always be sure what to expect. Plus, I love that you can absorb certain enemy attacks and use it against them, some of which are very powerful at depleting the break gauge. It is also one of the attack cancelling mechanics in the game, alongside job, ability, dodge, and soul parry cancel. Wouldn't be a Team Ninja game without some form of cancelling. :p Unlike their past games though, they've made these aspects more accessible and some also come with their own tutorial pop-up explaining the cancel mechanics. One of my favorite utility/defensive ability so far in the game is swayback, which you unlock very early on. It's a back-dash that covers a very large distance and has I-frames; cancels out of every action in the game and also restores 70% of your break gauge.

The game also encourages you to try out different job classes and it's very easy to do since you can change job equipment and skills any time you want. One of the expert jobs in the game also has Team Ninja's signature move, the Izuna Drop.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Felt like some Splinter Cell action. Remembered I hadn't ever played double agent.

And somehow I have been sleeping under a rock, I see that OG xbox and 360 were two completely different games made by two different developers.
OG Xbox is apparently the better game, but I have now bought both and will start with the worst one.

It will be interesting to see what two directors who get the same script do with the games.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Felt like some Splinter Cell action. Remembered I hadn't ever played double agent.

And somehow I have been sleeping under a rock, I see that OG xbox and 360 were two completely different games made by two different developers.
OG Xbox is apparently the better game, but I have now bought both and will start with the worst one.

It will be interesting to see what two directors who get the same script do with the games.
I never played the OG Xbox version of Double Agent, but the Spies vs Mercs multiplayer on the 360 version was some of the most fun I’ve had in an online game since forever.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Anyone notice that barely anyone has made the point that the new PS+ tiers amounts to a price hike on PS Now?

Says a lot about that service.
Well I think I’ll sub soon before it goes up to try out the Gravity Rush games

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I finished Kirby and the Forgotten Land. I'm honestly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The level design is a lot more memorable and enjoyable than older Kirby games and the pseudo 3D gameplay works really well. My only real gripe with the game is that there aren't as many copy powers as older games, but it is balanced by the fact you can upgrade the copy powers now. Also getting 100% seems like a slog that I won't even bother with. The optional secret final boss was actually pretty tough and harder than a few Elden Ring bosses.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Against my better judgement, I ordered 13 Sentinels for Switch, which now means it will definitely be announced for Steam.

I have not used my Switch in months, only to play some Shin Chan. I have wanted to play 13 Sentinels for ages when it was first announced for Vita :confounded-face: and then I had no PS4 or PS5 after Vita version was cancelled :cryingwhyblob:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
It looks way more interesting than the initial trailer where I thought it would just be a ham fisted golden ending since 3H never got that. It might still wrap around to that, but at least the premise is better than I expected. I'm still cautious since Age of Calamity's plot was one of the worst stories I've experienced in recent memory. I'm also liking the new character designs. I just want confirmation that my girl Shamir is in the game.

Last edited:
  • Comfy
Reactions: Cacher

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
That took a while but yay. Should be one of the top sellers if not the top when all's said and done (and ports?). Just not a runaway hit taking it mainstream a la P5/R or greatly boosted by the crazy Switch success. Then again they haven't treated this series the way they do Persona with all the cross media promotions.

Last edited:
  • Comfy

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I've played Triangle Strategy about 10 hours and liking it a lot more than I thought I would. The battles are fairly challenging, but not frustrating and I'm finding the story to be intriguing. The game is very slow paced though and there is a lot more emphasis on plot than battles so if you're looking for a strategy title as gameplay heavy as Fire Emblem then you'll probably be disappointed.

Ninja Five-O? I can only hope. :blobeyes:

Hopefully Drill Dozer happens too. Astro Boy Omega Factor would also be awesome, but I imagine licensing would make that one near impossible.

• Comfy

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Ninja Five-O? I can only hope. :blobeyes:

Hopefully Drill Dozer happens too. Astro Boy Omega Factor would also be awesome, but I imagine licensing would make that one near impossible.
Yeah the leaked games surprised me. Can't believe they got SRW OG. The licensing of other SRW games are probably a mess so very happy that they got those two, although imo the best way to play these games are still on real hardware / emulation on PC.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Xenoblade 3 got bumped up to July 29 and there will be a special collector's edition on the My Nintendo Store. Good luck trying to get that one.
My jaw dropped to the floor during the whole trailer. WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Somehow it looks more like 1 doesn't it? I think that's a good thing. A bit rough technically though but oh well, that's Switch vs huge open world games maybe.

Wow, it shows like 7 party members in battle at one point. I hope the interface is much improved, because thinking of the mmo style of the first with so many...

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Are they able to exchange class (or even life?) between each other? I saw Noah wearing Taion's clothes and using his weapon, another scene seeing Mio wearing Noah's clothes and using sword.

Also the fusion form looks straight out of Xenogears.

Edit: Confirmed by Japanese site

Updated my thread with trailer and new info

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Didn't know peeps were overclocking their Dreamcasts lol, neat. It seems to help a ton with some areas in Shenmue II. I can't find many videos and stuff though.

I don't think any emulators support such a function yet, it'd be a sweet addition to have eventually...

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Splatoon looks so great and fresh even with regular gameplay footage in place of fancy trailers. Of the few multiplayer games I care to wish were multiplatform.

Last edited:
  • Gib
Reactions: xinek and Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Splatoon looks so great and fresh even with regular gameplay footage in place of fancy trailers. Of the few multiplayer games I care to wish were multiplatform.
Fantastic game. They honestly perfected the gameplay with the first game on Wii U. Personally I want them to put more work on progression and QOL stuff. Oh, and more Salmon Run. Ranked modes are extremely fun to play but Salmon Run is just special. Hopefully more variations in loadout and bosses will be added.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Guys, guys, I bought a Switch Oled without checking the current price of games. I see the first Kirby on Switch is maybe 3 euros less than the new one on a site.
My soul is leaving my body.

edit
Let’s be fair, a good 10 euros less than the new one on other sites. Anyway, what is this shit ? A gold bar ? Are we managing the stock exchange in Nintendo games now ?

I may have made a huge mistake :dizzy-face:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Guys, guys, I bought a Switch Oled without checking the current price of games. I see the first Kirby on Switch is maybe 3 euros less than the new one on a site.
My soul is leaving my body.

edit
Let’s be fair, a good 10 euros less than the new one on other sites. Anyway, what is this shit ? A gold bar ? Are we managing the stock exchange in Nintendo games now ?

I may have made a huge mistake :dizzy-face:
Trade-in is the way to go for Nintendo games. Buy them used, then sell them after finishing the games. ;)

NEVER treat the platform like steam. Would go bankrupt in a few days. :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Started playing Xenoblade 1 DE. I watched my friend playing the original game on Wii but never played it myself. The music is... so good. :blobevening:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I discovered the wonderful world of Switch second hand market on the French equivalent of Craigslist. I could buy two games for the price of one, not too shabby.
But, other than the seller being dishonest and not sending the game or it being damaged, what are the risks ? Bans are console specific, not game ? Are game card particularly fragile ?

In other words, should I ?
Kirby 2022 for 30 / Arceus for 28 and Megaten for 33 are the prices that pleased me at first glance. I could see me going for a combo of Kirby and Megaten for now.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im looking forward to Xenoblade 3, just not sure if I will get it on launch, I think Xenoblade 2 was the first JRPG I finished. I really liked it.

• Love

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'm kinda fucked on the Xenoblade front. No way I can find the time to play every episodes before the release of 3, and on the other hand while I'm kinda ready to get past that shit and just play the new one, there is a mention in the official description of the game that it may maybe link to the other games more than the other episodes.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
But, other than the seller being dishonest and not sending the game or it being damaged, what are the risks ? Bans are console specific, not game ? Are game card particularly fragile ?
As far as I know, cartridge is not risky. They are not writable. And yes, ban is console specific.
I'm kinda fucked on the Xenoblade front. No way I can find the time to play every episodes before the release of 3, and on the other hand while I'm kinda ready to get past that shit and just play the new one, there is a mention in the official description of the game that it may maybe link to the other games more than the other episodes.
Xenoblade 3 is linked to the first two games. Story, world, and even music. So I would strongly recommend you to play the first two games first and both games should be worth your time. Xeno 3 wouldn't go away after launch, so take your time. :cat-heart-blob:

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Started playing Xenoblade 1 DE. I watched my friend playing the original game on Wii but never played it myself. The music is... so good. :blobevening:
Uh yeah, I watched some footage and I didn't remember how good the score was. Uh, but I already had my purchasing order figured out :cryblob:

• Comfy

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
I loved Xenoblade for story and characters and I didn't even play it, just watched a few playthroughs with commentary.

If the reviews are good, I'll gladly play 3 this time but will need to watch a playthrough of 2 if my youtube subscriptions decide to play it.

• Comfy

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Waiting to see if SMT V is discounted in today's Golden Week sale.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
JESUS, what an underwhelming Nintendo sale !
But I should have known better than to expect anything.

• Sad

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
I bought Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle, La-Mulana, Metro 2033 Redux, Quake, SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions and Sonic Mania.

The first party Nintendo games didn't have much of a sale and the few that did, it wasn't much, to be honest. Such a shame.

Reactions: Cacher and Li Kao