Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I don't know what this Deep Rock Galactic you speak of is! <realizes he's still holding a pickaxe and quickly throws it over his shoulder>

No idea whatsoever!

I see people have been playing Deep Rock Galactic.
Without me :disapproval-blob:

Ok, I didn't buy it, but my point still stands ! :disapproval-blob: :disapproval-blob:
But in all seriousness if you do pick it up we would love to have you join sometime! Can't thank Echoes enough for finally talking me into getting it. It's been a lot of fun and has a great gameplay loop.

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Hey everyone! I wanted to quickly stop by and let everyone know that our event that was scheduled for today is going to be postponed.

Given that I recently came back I haven't had much time to prepare and plan ahead. I haven't even started work on the June update for our thread. I know that I've kind of been slacking the past month or so and I'm truly sorry for that.

I promise that our events will start up again soon and I'll try my best to update more often again. I hope that all of us can get those positive vibes flowing in this thread once more. It's what this thread was made for after all. to work together, to share experiences and to have fun.

I look forward to playing with all of you again very soon and I'll be putting together our June update sometime this weekend. :photoblobheart:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
June update time!

Let's start by getting the changes out of the way first and then I'll turn into my usual mushy self. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

• Added Sea of Thieves to the OP to celebrate its Steam release
  • Added Unravel 2 to the OP and our co=op list
  • Added Command & Conquer Remastered Collection to the OP and our competitive list
  • Added Golf With Your Friends to the OP and our competitive list
  • Added Embr to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Phantasy Star Online 2 to our MMO list
  • Added Minecraft Dungeons to our co-op list
  • Changed the co-op screenshots to new ones

Seems we'll never have a shortage of great co-op games! Keep 'em coming devs, we appreciate it! :blobcheer:

Also as I've mentioned to a couple others I'm so glad I came back, that my fears were wrong. I would have regretted it if I didn't. This thread, all of you that have taken an interest or offered your time to help, and our events are some of the things I missed the most. :photoblobheart:

I'll have a new date up for our events soon and I'm excited to get those going again. Also don't forget that you all are welcome to make use of the screenshot album. While it would be nice if they focused more on shots of folks from Meta or our events, it's also great if you want to upload shots you've taken with friends outside of Meta too! Just make sure no personal information is shown in any of them. Even though I've done my best to keep many of those links hidden for that very reason it doesn't hurt to take the extra precaution.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
As we are gently approaching the dog days of summer, I think we should re-activate THE PLAN.
There is the steam game festival with demo that might be multiplayer, the Grounded peek, and surely many other games where we can apply THE PLAN.
Oh, right. THE PLAN name is 'SoManyIdiotsOnTheSameGame' :smiling-eyes:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
As we are gently approaching the dog days of summer, I think we should re-activate THE PLAN.
There is the steam game festival with demo that might be multiplayer, the Grounded peek, and surely many other games where we can apply THE PLAN.
Oh, right. THE PLAN name is 'SoManyIdiotsOnTheSameGame' :smiling-eyes:

Went free recently
Thank you both for the suggestions! Unfortunate Spacemen looks like a lot of fun and Grounded is one I've been curious about since its announcement. When I saw a demo was coming I was so excited. :cuteblob:

We'll definitely have to get some groups going whether it's an event or not. I can try getting on around my lunch break sometime this week and we can give one or hopefully both of them a try if folks are up for it. :blobcheer:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Wanted to let you all know that I haven't forgotten!

If folks are up for it tomorrow around noon my time or if I've done the math right, 17:00 to 18:00 for our EU friends, then we can give some of those demos a try together. I should have an hour or two to play. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Unfortunately Grounded won't be one of them. I tried the demo for a little while and it only offers single player right now. They weren't lying, it's very much a survival game but I still really love the look and premise. So while I'm not the biggest fan of survival games this is one that has me excited to see more.

• Love
Reactions: xxr and lashman
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Does anyone have GTFO?
It's not one I own yet but I did play the beta and hope to buy it soon. It can be an incredibly difficult game but if you can get a team of four together that enjoys stealth gameplay and strategy it's such a perfect game for that. It's a game that really rewards patience.

While there's not classes exactly you can kind of specialize in certain areas depending on your loadouts. Like someone can take a motion scanner while another takes a sentry gun or the c-foam launcher. Which if you've played Prey it's not too dissimilar from the gloo cannon.

Reactions: lashman

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
It's not one I own yet but I did play the beta and hope to buy it soon. It can be an incredibly difficult game but if you can get a team of four together that enjoys stealth gameplay and strategy it's such a perfect game for that. It's a game that really rewards patience.

While there's not classes exactly you can kind of specialize in certain areas depending on your loadouts. Like someone can take a motion scanner while another takes a sentry gun or the c-foam launcher. Which if you've played Prey it's not too dissimilar from the gloo cannon.
Played the beta. Liked it but it needs a full party.

Yea, it really need a full cooperative party.

I've tried to duo a few times with my brother which usually ends in disaster.

• Love
Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019

Oh! I misunderstood, my bad! I'd be happy to help out sometime once I pick it up if you still need some extra help. 🙂

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan

If B and I get it we could possibly play, depending on where you two are located in the world (latency). It is one of the reasons I am hesitant to buy GTFO besides needing 4 peeps.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Hey folks! I should be able to hop on during my lunch break either Monday or Tuesday and we can get an impromptu event of sorts going if anyone is interested. :highfiveblob:

I'll still only have an hour or two but I figure being able to do this occasionally will work in the meantime until we can get a normal event going again. Plus I'm hoping it will be an easier time for folks instead of being so late in the day.

Let me know what you all think and if it seems to work well maybe we can turn it into a more permanent thing. :cuteblob:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
It is summer, and some of us will have more time to play. Thinking outside the usual targets, why not...
  • organize casual DOTA2 match ?
  • play some new MMO together ? (PSO2, F76, etc.)
  • play some old MMO together, archeo style ? (Secret World, Conan, etc.)

On another note, feel free to point to good coop game in the current Steam sale ! (even if in my case the budget outlook is grim)

• Love
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
It is summer, and some of us will have more time to play. Thinking outside the usual targets, why not...

On another note, feel free to point to good coop game in the current Steam sale ! (even if in my case the budget outlook is grim)
These are all great ideas! I'd be up for any of those if folks want to give it a try.

I've already got a guild (alliance) in PSO2 that anyone is welcome to join if they'd like too! :cuteblob:

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao and lashman
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
You made me install sea of thieves and now you follow with PSO2 ?
Are you working in Samsung ssd department ? :thinking-blob:
My powers of influence know no limits it seems! :face-screaming-in-fear:

I've somehow convinced NarohDethan to buy a D.Va computer chair too. I.. I'm a monster. If you're reading this lash, I must be stopped before my powers become stronger!

Also if you're somehow reading this Samsung.. I wouldn't mind a new job. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I forgot, is there a way to see what DLC you don't have that is on sale?
I'm kind of curious about that too. Normally I just wishlist some DLC here or there so that I don't forget it.

Oh also a quick note for everyone, I'll be doing the July update sometime this weekend so keep an eye out for that too! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

• Love
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I have the strangest urge to play F76. I know its reputation, I know it will hit gamepass soon, but I really need some escapism right now.
I need escapism. Low moral for one but I noticed it's a type of game I like to play in the summer. But man, there aren't many recents.

Last edited:
  • Love

mssq

lurker
Apr 22, 2019

You know I would be up for some casual DOTA 2 or Fallout 76. Never played F76 but it has always interested me and it has been almost two years since it was released, It cant be that bad anymore, right? 🤔

E: Also bought Windlands 2 from steam sale and it seems you can Co-op the campaign up to 4 players. So I guess I'm also up to play that if anyone is interested. [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]VR required to play.[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

Last edited:
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Fallout 76 is still pretty janky and/or buggy in spots but overall it's a great deal of fun right now. I'd say if you enjoyed Fallout 4 there's a good chance you'll enjoy 76 as well.

It has world events similar to many modern MMO's so you're never really left out of anything playing solo but as dummmyy said it really benefits from having friends to mess around in the wasteland with.

Which speaking of, that's another one we need to get back to sometime dummmyy. Haven't had the chance to show off my new power armor yet. :fashionblob:

I also need to build more random junk in your camp too. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Our July update is here! I found where it was hiding! [UWSL]:detectiveblob:[/UWSL]
  • Changed our screenshots to two new ones
  • Added Gunfire Reborn to the OP and co-op list
  • Added Dead Space 3 to the OP and co-op list to celebrate its Steam release
  • Added SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated to the OP and co-op list
  • Added Grounded to the OP and co-op list
  • Added Torchlight III to the OP and co-op list
  • Added Unfortunate Spacemen to the OP and co-op list (Thanks Spamlynguist!)
And for those that might be interested, we've been getting the occasional session going earlier in the day throughout the week. It's not something that really has a set date and I can't promise how often it will actually be but if you happen to see me or anyone else in the co-op crew playing some co-op games feel free to say hi and ask to join. We always welcome new and/or returning folks. [UWSL]:photoblobheart:[/UWSL]

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Does anyone have a link to the coop (and regular) discord servers? I left them a while back along with a ton of other servers because I needed to take a break from everything a while back but I think im comfortable rejoining again.

• Love
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Does anyone have a link to the coop (and regular) discord servers? I left them a while back along with a ton of other servers because I needed to take a break from everything a while back but I think im comfortable rejoining again.
Invite sent and thanks for the mention as always lash!

I'm sure I speak for most folks when I say that we've missed seeing you on there Arsene! :cat-heart-blob:

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

I strongly suggest this game if you're a fan of games similar to Risk of Rain or want a FPS roguelite

I was afraid it would be too much like Risk of Rain 2 but it's pretty much completely different in that sense but is amazingly fun with friends
I got it a week or two or three? Ago and already have way more hours than I should in it. Great in Co-OP. (Also fun in Single Player)

It's supposedly getting a fairly large update within the next week or two as well

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I strongly suggest this game if you're a fan of games similar to Risk of Rain or want a FPS roguelite

I was afraid it would be too much like Risk of Rain 2 but it's pretty much completely different in that sense but is amazingly fun with friends
I got it a week or two or three? Ago and already have way more hours than I should in it. Great in Co-OP. (Also fun in Single Player)

It's supposedly getting a fairly large update within the next week or two as well
Yep! It's one that I can easily recommend as well. I've played with some of the co-op crew here and it's been an absolute blast every time. :highfiveblob:

For folks curious, there's currently only two playable characters, a cat and a dog, both of which have unique abilities, skill choices and a character specific perk tree. The weapon variety is a bit limited at the moment but with weapons having randomized stats you're able to put together some really interesting combos.

With how addicting the gameplay loop is it's one I can see myself continuing to come back to. Especially when it's with some good friends. :photoblobheart:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
We need to play Grounded, people :cat-heart-blob:
Yeah we do! :highfiveblob:

It's a little barebones at the moment but it's such an incredible looking world and even this early into its EA period its pretty much what I had hoped it would be. I'm confident they'll flesh it out more which has me very excited to see where it goes. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Though I would like to issue a warning for folks that are afraid of spiders. Make sure you change the slider in the options if you suffer from severe arachnophobia.

• Love

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I know people will shit on it for being Epic but:

Barony is free at the moment on epic and it's a pretty fun CO-OP dungeon crawler and even if you don't grab it for free on Epic you can get it on Steam and they have cross play between the two platforms

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Today marks the one year anniversary of this thread and an entire year filled with some incredible memories with some good folks. From our events to simply getting a small session going here or there, it's been truly special, and I can only hope it's been as much fun for you all as it has been for me. You all have given me the drive to keep this going. That so many of you put your faith in me, a random guy who showed up practically out of nowhere only a few months prior, is truly heartwarming.

Hopefully I have been able to solidify that trust you all have given me. I try my best to make sure as many folks as possible can be involved and work hard to make sure we always have something most folks can play. And I also have a lot of you to thank for that as well. Echoes has been so clutch for us, filling in as our host and even sharing some amazing co-op games with us that I sometimes had no idea existed. I've always loved Li Kao's eagerness to play just about anything and everything. It's rare that there's excitement that rivals my own! :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

This thread has been one of the few things in recent years that I'm so proud of. Every single day I'm grateful and sometimes humbled by the kindness and friendships that have started because of this thread. I can only speak for myself in this regard but many of those friendships I feel will be long lasting ones as well. It can be rare finding even one person that you feel deep down is a true friend, even rarer still when you find them online. Yet you all continue to shatter those impossibilities. There's several folks from this thread and forum that mean a great deal to me.

To those friends and any returning or new folks I say, let's keep this rolling! Here's to another year of wonderful moments! There's certainly no shortage of fun games to play and more releasing all the time. I'm sure there's some around the corner that we don't even know about yet that will fit perfectly for our group. :highfiveblob:

And finally, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all! :photoblobheart:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
And finally, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all! :photoblobheart:

No, you ! :tightly-closed-eyes:
Thanks for pointing out it's the anniversary. There were growing pains, oh those damn 30 minutes to choose a game to play at the beginning, but it's just details in the grand scheme of things and even add to the charm.
I already said several times Meta is the best place on the Internet, it helps me to stand the shittiness of things sometimes, and in my mind Meta Co-Op is one of its strong points. You built something dear to me BlindRhythm and added to an already great community. Meta would not be the same without our little Co-Op corner.

I can only feel bad and offer my genuine sadness to not have been able to make it regularly for the last few months. It was a rough year and timezones are definitely insufferable pricks, but I wouldn't change anything from what we lived together.

My eagerness to play anything is no big mystery, let me spoil you the secret :
the important thing is not the game, it's the people who you game with :photoblobheart:

The best is yet to come ! :dabblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
No, you ! :tightly-closed-eyes:
Thanks for pointing out it's the anniversary. There were growing pains, oh those damn 30 minutes to choose a game to play at the beginning, but it's just details in the grand scheme of things and even add to the charm.
I already said several times Meta is the best place on the Internet, it helps me to stand the shittiness of things sometimes, and in my mind Meta Co-Op is one of its strong points. You built something dear to me BlindRhythm and added to an already great community. Meta would not be the same without our little Co-Op corner.

I can only feel bad and offer my genuine sadness to not have been able to make it regularly for the last few months. It was a rough year and timezones are definitely insufferable pricks, but I wouldn't change anything from what we lived together.

My eagerness to play anything is no big mystery, let me spoil you the secret :
the important thing is not the game, it's the people who you game with :photoblobheart:

The best is yet to come ! :dabblob:
Haha thank you for the kind words! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

You don't need to feel bad about missing any days. Things can change at any time that are either far more important or out of our control, both of which I fully understand. There's always more time and days and I know we'll eventually figure something out.

And in regards to your spoiler, well said and very true! :cat-heart-blob:

• Love

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I haven’t been able to participate as much as I would like to (I think the last time I was there for a game night was last year oop) but I’m glad people have a place here to meet friends and play games together thats still going strong even a year later.

Being alone can suck, especially when you have lots of games to play but nobody to play them with. So its nice to see the co-op corner flourish.

I don’t know what I set out to do with this post because its 5am and im tired but keep up the great work guys. I don’t feel like a piece of useless garbage like I used to the past year (most of the time), so hopefully I can try to be around more. I feel like I need to push myself to get involved with things again or ill never be happy.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I haven’t been able to participate as much as I would like to (I think the last time I was there for a game night was last year oop) but I’m glad people have a place here to meet friends and play games together thats still going strong even a year later.

Being alone can suck, especially when you have lots of games to play but nobody to play them with. So its nice to see the co-op corner flourish.

I don’t know what I set out to do with this post because its 5am and im tired but keep up the great work guys. I don’t feel like a piece of useless garbage like I used to the past year (most of the time), so hopefully I can try to be around more. I feel like I need to push myself to get involved with things again or ill never be happy.
I've been so happy seeing you pop back in from time to time! Even if the time you played was a while ago or brief it's no big deal at all! You're always welcome and we loved having you join us. :cat-heart-blob:

I hope that you'll never feel pressured to join but when/if you do feel up to it again I'm sure folks will be more than happy to get some games going together. Like I mentioned to Li Kao, there's always more time and I don't think any of us are going anywhere any time soon.

And I understand that feeling of thinking you're useless.. I went through the very same recently. I'm glad to hear that darkness has lifted for you too! It's a horrible pit to be stuck in but know that you've never appeared that way. You've always struck me as a kind and caring person and those traits are always useful, especially these days. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes: