Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
It's time for our final update of the year folks! Our December update! 🎄

The month is a little light on co-op games but not on quality. There's some solid indie choices from the looks of it.
  • Added ANVIL to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Archvale to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All! to the OP once again due to a small delay
  • Added ICARUS to the OP again after a delay pushed it from August to December
  • Added Heavenly Bodies to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Thunder Tier One to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added After the Fall to the OP and our co-op list
  • Added Ampersat to the OP again after a delay pushed it from August to December

Now for the other news, we will be having an end of the year event either December 10 or 11, whichever works better for folks. I'd be willing to hold one on both days if some can make it for one day but not the other. :highfiveblob:

And next year I'd like to take the time to discuss with everyone what you all would like to do with our events going forward. I've talked a little before about how they've gotten smaller and smaller and have become kind of stagnant. As I said then the fault lies mostly with me, I don't deny that and it's something I deeply regret, but I feel we can still improve both the co-op events and this thread with everyone's help. :blobhug:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Calling bullshit. Time zones are tough to deal with, that's not your fault in the slightest. I'm sure everybody will agree.
But I invented time zones! I'm also responsible for daylight savings.

Why anyone gave me that power I have no clue.

In all seriousness, you're right about the time differences. It's nearly impossible to find a time that works for everyone. And while I do sometimes wish I could find that perfect time, the part that I regret not doing better with is promoting the events more. Either in more threads or on Discord. Or both.

But we'll get it all figured out eventually and as always, thanks for having my back! :cat-heart-blob:

• Toucan
Reactions: xinek and dummmyy

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Calling bullshit. Time zones are tough to deal with, that's not your fault in the slightest. I'm sure everybody will agree.
And let’s not forget most gamers not being really social at heart. I keep saying that what PossiblyPudding has done is already very impressive. It’s not his fault if the event has drifted a little, it’s everybody’s.
….
And fucking timezones :disapproval-blob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Hey folks! Let's go with Saturday for our event. We'll start it slightly earlier than we normally would so that hopefully it's easier for everyone. I'm thinking around 2pm EST, so roughly 7-8pm for most folks.

We'll figure out what we'll be playing once we have a better idea of how many folks will be showing up but I would love to see some suggestions from you all if there's any that come to mind. :cat-heart-blob:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I wanted to take the time to make a longer answer, but as I’m currently waiting for a delivery and may forget to say so, I’m up for it !

• Hug
Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
January and February update time! This time around I'll include the store page links here as well. Which will stop me from labeling MHR as Monstie Huntie Rise.. but not from mentioning it here. :cuteblob:

January

February

And that's without some surprises sneaking into February! :face-with-cold-sweat:

We'll see about holding a co-op event sometime this month. If enough folks are interested in one I'll get started on finding us a good date and time. Also folks are more than welcome to join myself, Li Kao and Le Pertti when we play on Tuesdays or Thursdays. We're planning to try out Rainbow Six Extraction soon and get into Sea of Thieves and Grounded.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
First session of Rainbow Six Extraction with PossiblyPudding
Went really bad then really good. You have to get used to play as a team, keep an eye on your mates, quite tense.

Wonderful session ! :photoblobheart:

• Hug
Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Double dose of updates again! This time we've got March and April. And jeez.. there was a lot more in March than I realized!

March

April

I have a feeling I'll be adding more to that April list as a few more sneak into the month but wow, March really did hoard them all. 🙀

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Yeah, it's a shame to see the direction they've taken 3 in so far. It's still in early access so hopefully they'll turn it around even if it's probably unlikely given the amount of DLC that's already available and it being turned into a seemingly very predatory live service game.

I loved the first two PQ games so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out for the better with 3. The idea of a co-op PQ game is pretty exciting.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
An only slightly, just a tiny bit, late May update!

Nothing terribly big this time around outside of arguably Sniper Elite 5, but there's no shortage of interesting choices. I really want to check out at least half of this list at some point with Soundfall probably being the one I'm looking forward to the most.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
An on time June update? What kind of sorcery is this?! 🤯

It's looking like a pretty barren month currently, though we'll see what the different events in the coming weeks hold for us. I won't be shocked at all if there happens to be at least one surprise June release.

In other news I might start posting about my streams here rather than the Steam thread. I feel awkward taking away from conversations there by butting in to promote myself. Of course the worry then is that's all this thread will become but I still feel it's a better alternative.

Which yes, I admit it's my self esteem problem rearing its head a little again. I just hate feeling like a nuisance so rather than going with my first instinct to avoid the topic altogether or disappear, we'll put it here. For a while at least. :cuteblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Time to hunt some monsties in about 5 minutes! :longswordblob:

Feel free to stop by and hang out while I try knocking some of the rust off to get ready for Sunbreak at the end of the month.

• Gib
Reactions: PhaZZe
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
We'll be continuing our adventures with throwable child in Ender Lilies in about 10 minutes if folks would like to see some more metroidvania.

And yes, the first part of that sentence is a little messed up without context.. but only slightly. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

• Gib
Reactions: lashman
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
It's time for the Sunday bounce around again. No idea what shenanigans I'll get up to this time but we're going to start with a little Dragon Marked For Death. I haven't played it in a long time and have been wanting to get back into it.. and also not so sneakily try to entice a couple friends to pick it up during a sale. :cuteblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Time for another Tuesday stream! It should be starting in about five minutes. This one isn't as aimless as the last couple. We'll be continuing with Ender Lilies and working our way through that. So feel free to stop by and hang out if you'd like to as we fight some more undead. :cat-heart-blob:

• Hug
  • Gib
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Got some more Ender Lilies coming up in about 10 minutes. We must continue our quest of growing our increasingly throwable family.

And as always, thank you to everyone that does stop by to hang out for even a little bit. It really helps make it easier seeing and knowing some familiar faces and good folks are around. :blobhug:

• Gib
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Friday stream coming up in about 15 minutes. Going to work on finishing up Ender Lilies, or at least getting as close as we can. Chances are it'll probably be a lot of backtracking today so I want to give everyone a heads up of what to expect.

But I'm sure we'll still find a way to sneak some goofiness in there. :cuteblob:

• Hug
  • Love
Reactions: dummmyy and lashman
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
In about 20 minutes we're going to try finishing up Ender Lilies today ahead of the PC event, which if I can figure out co-streaming we'll try to get that going and have ourselves a watch party. :highfiveblob:

• Hug
  • Love
Reactions: lashman and dummmyy
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Time for some Tuesday shenanigans! We're going to be checking out some of the Next Fest demos today for a good portion of the stream.

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Might be doing some more demos in about 10 minutes. I got a late start today and have kind of been scrambling around trying to get ready during most of it. We'll figure it out as we go I'm sure. So feel free to stop by and see some potential chaos in real time if that sounds like something that's up your alley! :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Hey folks! Got another stream coming up in about 10 minutes where I have absolutely no idea what I'll be streaming so expect some chaos to occur. It might end up being another all demo stream but we'll see. There's been a couple great releases in the last day or two that could be fun to check out as well.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
We'll be live in about 5 minutes with another Sunday bounce around stream! Probably going to start with some Neon White today and then we'll see where things take us afterwards. :cuteblob:

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I'll have you know I can be pretty fierce!:dmcblob:

Haha seriously though, it's going to be a lot of fun having some friendly competition going. Everyone on my friends list that has played it so far has put up some pretty good times and both you and Blu have been making things really tricky!

• Comfy
Reactions: Valdien and lashman
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Speaking of.. we've got some more Neon White coming up in about 5 minutes! Not sure I'll try beating any times during the stream though. Some of those you set were crazy good, Valdien! And I worry that would end up being the whole stream. :LOL:

• Hug
  • Toucan
Reactions: Valdien and lashman
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Time to see if we can finish off Neon White today! I've got a feeling we'll get close at the very least. It'll probably depend on how many gifts are at the top of very tall objects again.. :disapproval-blob:

Should be starting in about 15 minutes!

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
We didn't quite finish up Neon White last stream so we'll start things off with a little of that and then move on to our usual Sunday bounce around nonsense. I've got a few games in mind that we'll check out and maybe a couple more surprise games if we have time. Should be starting in about 10 minutes!

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Going live in about 5 minutes if folks want to hang out for a little while! Sadly there was a change of plans with what we are going to play today but I'm sure we'll figure something out. :cuteblob:

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Time to see if I remember how to play Cuphead as I prepare for the DLC. :longswordblob:

Afterwards we'll see where the day takes us.

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
The day has finally come! A double dose of Sunbreak and Cuphead DLC!

In about 15 minutes we're going to start things off with some Cuphead and switch things up to Sunbreak about half way through. I'm fully expecting to get my butt kicked in Cuphead.. less so in Sunbreak but I'm sure it'll still happen. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Oh! And I'll be updating the thread with July's co-op games later tonight so be on the lookout for that too.

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
July update!

It's another somewhat sparse month, and one that sadly doesn't have some heavy hitters at the end. Though that doesn't mean there's nothing interesting either. F1's co-op career seems solid for racing fans and I'm really curious about As Dusk Falls and River City Saga.

And these last two are games that will be leaving early access this month.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and Yoshi
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Time for the Sunday bounce around once again! We'll be starting with some Little Noah: Scion of Paradise in about 15 minutes. Afterwards we'll see where the day takes us.

• Hug
  • Love
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Got a hopefully chill Tuesday coming up in about 15 minutes. We're going to start off with some more Little Noah and then see what sounds good. The original plan was for us to finally start The Quarry today but given the shootings that occurred here in the US yesterday that only continue to add to a long list that have already happened this year I really don't feel like playing something that kind of glorifies guns in any way.

While I doubt we'll be able to completely avoid violence in the games we play today I'm going to try my best to find ones that aren't excessively violent.

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Going to try for another chill day today. We'll do a quick run in Little Noah and then bounce around a bit afterwards. :cuteblob:

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Going to go with another chill stream today. Probably going to start things off with some more Project Lazarus and then we might take a look at a couple new games, well.. new to the stream at least. Should be starting in about 30 minutes so feel free to stop by and hang out for a bit to see what shenanigans we get up to. :cat-heart-blob:

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Got our usual Sunday shenanigans coming up again in about 5 minutes so feel free to stop by and hang out if you're in the mood for some goofiness! :cuteblob:

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Going to be starting the day off with an elusive target in Hitman 3 and then we'll jump straight into The Quarry. It's one we've been talking about for a while and it's finally time for some good ol' summer camp horror! :longswordblob:

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Time for some more summer camp fun! We're going to try to unravel more of the mystery in The Quarry in just about 10 minutes.

• Hug
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Time to head back to the ol' quarry! I think this might be our final stream with The Quarry if we don't hit too many snags. So if this is one you had hoped to play for yourself then just be aware there will probably be a lot of spoilers today. :cat-heart-blob:

• Gib
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Another bouncy Sunday coming up in about 10 minutes! Going to be starting with some Hitman 3 again and then we'll figure out what to jump into afterwards. There's one I have in mind that I would like to check out before the end of the stream today.

• Gib
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Today's stream is going to be a shorter one. Jaxson is spending the night at the vet tonight and I need to make sure I have plenty of time to get there later. Not sure what we're going to play yet, but I'm sure we'll find something. :cuteblob:

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao and lashman