Community MetaCouncil Co-op Corner

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I just checked and i actually have everything apart from: L4D2, DOTA, TF 2, CS:GO, Condition Zero, DoD:Source and Portal.
I don't usually play online and some Portal solutions do my head in so i can't play for too long so i've only really played the Half-Life series.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
A little under 48 hours to go until our next community event! Remember to check out the sign up sheet if you're interested in joining us!

Though to let you all in on a little secret (that's probably not so secret for those that know me :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye: ), I'm not going to turn anyone away that shows up the day of and wants to play.

I mainly use the Google Sheet to figure out a time and date, it's never going to be a way to force folks to play or turn away those that either forgot or weren't able to check the thread until the last minute. :)

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
One last reminder for folks that our event will be starting in a little over an hour from now. Looking forward to taking down some zombie hordes with you all!:gunblob:

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Great times on L4D2 and then Gauntlet. Those co-op sessions are a pleasure.

We must have been the most polite murder hobos of all of history by the way.
Basically...
’I think I had enough gold piles, take those.’
’I would’nt want to impose...’
’I insist my dear colleague, to each his lot !’

The non verbal communication was great too.
Throw an arrow at a friend. Then throw another near the food, praying you don’t hit it. Keep standing until said friend eat the fucking food.

We should keep one 8-player game in mind for when we are more than 4. But easier said than done I know. There are fewer of those.

Oheao

Jun 29, 2019
Great times on L4D2 and then Gauntlet. Those co-op sessions are a pleasure.

We must have been the most polite murder hobos of all of history by the way.
Basically...
’I think I had enough gold piles, take those.’
’I would’nt want to impose...’
’I insist my dear colleague, to each his lot !’

The non verbal communication was great too.
Throw an arrow at a friend. Then throw another near the food, praying you don’t hit it. Keep standing until said friend eat the fucking food.

We should keep one 8-player game in mind for when we are more than 4. But easier said than done I know. There are fewer of those.
Imagine if we were able to do 10-player Saturn Bomberman.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
It was a ton of fun as always! :blobcheer:

So happy we were able to get a full group going in L4D2 with myself, FunktionJCB, Li Kao and Spamlynguist. Then Funktion tagged out for a bit and Oheao hopped in. Chargers and Jockeys seemed to really love both Li Kao and Spamlynguist quite a bit. Tanks on the other hand really enjoyed pinning me in corners near the end of our event. :LOL:

As Li Kao mentioned Gauntlet was such a blast! Glad I got to try it out with some great folks! Can't wait to play some more of that. Especially if we are able to get a full group going there too.

And speaking of Bomberman.. I know some folks have mixed feelings about it, but Super Bomberman R on Steam allows for 8 players online. That could potentially be a good one to check out if it ever goes on sale. :)

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
We also could play some Magic The Gathering (free).
Man, having friends to play with changes everything ! :blobeyes:

Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Event submissions are open once again! I've edited the OP to add the link in again and I'll share it in this post like usual as well. :thumbsupblob:

Revealed content
I said it last time and I can't help but say it again, I'm always excited to see what games appear on there. There were so many great choices last time and I can only imagine this time will be similar! :blobcheer:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Are we Fireteaming up for Destiny 2 ?
Now that it's on PC and since I have never done big bad multiplayer things, I got a huge backlog of random quests, if people are interested.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
A great time was had with Echoes
Maybe it’s just an impression but loot got handed mike crazy. We should mount a whole fireteam and show this game Meta is serious :dmcblob:

Reactions: lashman
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Since there was a pretty clear winner this time we'll be skipping a poll for this one.

Congrats to Unreal Tournament 2004 for being our community event game! :blobcheer:

Now for the next part where we figure out the best date and time. Remember, you're not required to sign up on the sheet if you want to play, but the more folks that do add their info the easier it will be to find a good date and time for everyone. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Revealed content

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

It's been a while since I played UT2004.
I remember some awesome community made bonus packs, full of great maps done by people who made some of the maps featured in the game.

If anyone has better memory than me, and can recommend them (and link to available download locations), it would be awesome!

Epic has reached the co-op section of Meta. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
If my PC is back together i guess i'll have to buy UT2004 and join in. I need a Papa Tim skin though or a Gaben one. Oh, and a working PC!

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
If my PC is back together i guess i'll have to buy UT2004 and join in. I need a Papa Tim skin though or a Gaben one. Oh, and a working PC!
Damn, when you mess up your PC you don’t do it lightly ! :blobweary:
You were missed, hope to see you soon.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Thanks! I bought a new case for my PC so i've gutted my old PC Case and started transferring the bits into the new one. I have to do the cabling tonight and it should be ready to go. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: PhaZZe and Kandrick
OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Hey everyone! I figured it was probably a good time to make the announcement here. I've talked it over with a few folks and made some arrangements for things to continue smoothly should I be gone for an extended period. I'm sure they'll do an even better job than I ever could have if it goes that route.

There's some things I need to deal with and work through outside of the forum that might take me a little while. Some emotional, some mental and just some plain ol' general life stuff. I can't put a time table on when I'll be back, but I'm hoping it's soon.

I've greatly enjoyed all of the time I've spent working on this with everyone and it's been so much fun playing with you all. You're incredible folks and I look forward to coming back and playing some more. I really want to make it back for the UT2004 event and will do everything I can to be there.

And before anyone starts to worry about me, it's okay, really. I'll get through this. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Deleted member 113

All the best, blindrhythm . :cat-heart-blob:

Thanks for your hard work, you were the one who got things going, and I hope to see you back soon.
In the meantime, even if not with "fancy" arrangements and voting, I hope the usual gang will continue to play together occasionally (say, once a week, or once every two weeks). ;)

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Hey everyone! I figured it was probably a good time to make the announcement here. I've talked it over with a few folks and made some arrangements for things to continue smoothly should I be gone for an extended period. I'm sure they'll do an even better job than I ever could have if it goes that route.

There's some things I need to deal with and work through outside of the forum that might take me a little while. Some emotional, some mental and just some plain ol' general life stuff. I can't put a time table on when I'll be back, but I'm hoping it's soon.

I've greatly enjoyed all of the time I've spent working on this with everyone and it's been so much fun playing with you all. You're incredible folks and I look forward to coming back and playing some more. I really want to make it back for the UT2004 event and will do everything I can to be there.

And before anyone starts to worry about me, it's okay, really. I'll get through this. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
:wd_heart:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
In the meantime, even if not with "fancy" arrangements and voting, I hope the usual gang will continue to play together occasionally (say, once a week, or once every two weeks). ;)
Once a week would be ideal. We will evidently have the possibility to not do anything if we can't for reason x or z. Once every two week is not bad either.
As for the time, 22:00 GMT+1 is a little late for us euros but it is really interesting in that it let US players (and hopefully others, I don't fuck with time zones) play with us at a reasonable time for them.

Are we still doing Unreal Tournament ? If so, when ? This week ? Next ?

I don't want to get bossy here, just thinking that if we don't have blindrhythm dark arts on our side to organize things, we need to think about all this asap.

OP
PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
I don't want to get bossy here, just thinking that if we don't have blindrhythm dark arts on our side to organize things, we need to think about all this asap.
Oh, I'm still taking the time to peek in here occasionally in case I can help in any way. It's what I love doing after all! :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

And my advice for the time is that 22:00 GMT+1 usually worked best if the event was held during the week or Friday since it gave most folks time to get off of work and have a little time before the event. It however was a little tough for folks on the US west coast due to it being a bit early there still and for any folks farther east as it then becomes very late or very early in some cases.

Of course given that the events usually last a couple hours it did allow west coast folks to join around the middle and still have time to play for a while.

Now weekends are an entirely different beast and trickier due to some folks making weekend plans well in advance sometimes. They do usually allow for the most freedom when it comes to choosing a time and if we could get a Saturday event going we could probably move the time ahead a couple hours and be fine. :thumbsupblob:

I'm sure whatever is decided will be perfect! If I can help with any more advice just drop me another mention. Still going to try my very best to be back and at 100% soon! :)

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Once a week would be ideal. We will evidently have the possibility to not do anything if we can't for reason x or z. Once every two week is not bad either.
As for the time, 22:00 GMT+1 is a little late for us euros but it is really interesting in that it let US players (and hopefully others, I don't fuck with time zones) play with us at a reasonable time for them.

Are we still doing Unreal Tournament ? If so, when ? This week ? Next ?

I agree with the idea of playing at least once a week, even if there are less people we can try to follow a campaign like we sort of did with renegade ops (it's still not finished btw :p). Another thing I would consider is trying more modern games, I mean playing UT is fine but if we keep going back in time we can end up playing Pong (just kidding) 😜 :peekphotoblob:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
22:00 GMT+1 is cool if nobody is against it, but we need to decide on a day of the week for our weekly meet-up.
Friday or Saturday ?

I don't care I have no social or work life :cryblob:

Do I need to make a poll ? Will somebody answer me ? Does a falling tree make a noise if no one hears it ?

Deleted member 113

Oh and FunktionJCB is there still a deal on the unreal pack somewhere ?
I don't believe so. Gamersgate frequently has it on sale, so I'm sure you'll get a chance soon.

I know the vote that won was UT2004, but since several people don't have it, and others think it's too old, we can select another game.
Or, select a group of 4-5 games, and we'll "wing it" when the time comes, depending on what people feel like playing that day.

22:00 GMT+1 is cool if nobody is against it, but we need to decide on a day of the week for our weekly meet-up.
Friday or Saturday ?
I don't care I have no social or work life :cryblob:

Do I need to make a poll ? Will somebody answer me ? Does a falling tree make a noise if no one hears it ?
Personally, Saturday usually is best for me, but I'm available most Fridays as well.

In other circumstances, I would ask you if you wanted to play something later today, but I just came from not one, but two funerals (one in the morning, and another in the afternoon), so today my head's not in it. :giggle:

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I don't believe so. Gamersgate frequently has it on sale, so I'm sure you'll get a chance soon.

I know the vote that won was UT2004, but since several people don't have it, and others think it's too old, we can select another game.
Or, select a group of 4-5 games, and we'll "wing it" when the time comes, depending on what people feel like playing that day.

Personally, Saturday usually is best for me, but I'm available most Fridays as well.

In other circumstances, I would ask you if you wanted to play something later today, but I just came from not one, but two funerals (one in the morning, and another in the afternoon), so today my head's not in it. :giggle:
I like the idea of selecting a group of games. You have my vote :D

Wednesday or Friday are the days I can play for sure, Saturday can be tricky. We'll see :p