Community MetaSteam | April 2019 - "Objection!" the One Finger Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I was confused where the excitebike music came from all of sudden, I guess reddit embeds auto play the videos.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
This is entirely unrelated to anything being talked about right now, but I just want to mention again that I'm very much looking forward to Digimon Survive.

Looks pretty damn good actually.

Fingers crossed that Namco starts porting their backlog after the release. Gimme Cyber Sleuth dammit!
I wonder if there's a way to mod this theme into it, or whether it will even ship with it.
No matter how good the game. that would make it 10 times more enjoyable to me.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I wonder if there's a way to mod this theme into it, or whether it will even ship with it.
No matter how good the game. that would make it 10 times more enjoyable to me.
I can't even remember if they've actually shown footage with soundtrack aside from the Trailer music.
But man, modding in that theme would be amazing.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Fuck, Not a good look for NRS and WB. It's time to fucking unionize and stop this idiotic culture. How many people have to die before changes will be made?
So long as kids in college would give up their <body part> to 'make games', and will do anything to do so, this isn't going to change. Making games needs to brought down off this weird pedestal people put it on. It's a job like any other, and it requires a lot of time and sacrifices. This is one of the ways to change things so that employees aren't seen as easily replaceable.
Unions would be a good start. That tweet is horrifying.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I gave up on Monhun because of how badly it runs on my PC. Such a shame, wanted to play it a lot more but not at 20 fps and all blurry.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Fuck, Not a good look for NRS and WB. It's time to fucking unionize and stop this idiotic culture. How many people have to die before changes will be made?
So long as kids in college would give up their <body part> to 'make games', and will do anything to do so, this isn't going to change. Making games needs to brought down off this weird pedestal people put it on. It's a job like any other, and it requires a lot of time and sacrifices. This is one of the ways to change things so that employees aren't seen as easily replaceable.
Unions would be a good start. That tweet is horrifying.
As long as we're in a society / economy with more workers than jobs, and people need jobs to have a place to sleep and food to eat, there's only so much change that will be forced. Especially since it's not just the game dev industry but most of our office jobs that are pushing people past the maximum healthy amount of hours a week. Keep in mind, 40 hours is still considered by a lot of research to be too much, and most offices consider 40 hours the minimum you work.

Game companies also need to squeeze out every bit of profit from every dollar they spend as disposable income among the larger population continues to drop, too. That impacts things like games / movies / TV a lot. I imagine it'll only get worse if/when loot box regulation is taken seriously since so many companies are riding that abusive practice to keep themselves going.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Did you try special k? That helped me tons.

Also a lot of video options give you almost nothing eye candy wise but eat performance.
Framerate was taking a dump even on lower settings. Getting the game to run well made it look like an Unreal Engine 3 game running on a PS3 before installs.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
My name is Kubo Tite and y'all have my formal blessing to use the name , logo and character designs from the manga Bleach in any way you want. Shueisha fully supports my decision to open the doors of the Bleach universe to creators in this wonderful community. Pinky swear.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
That "dying on their desk" tweet has been deleted now.

I hope Ys IX: Monstrum Nox will get announced simultaneously for PC and this time actually not be complete shitshow.
It's going to be NISA again and it'll probably be bad unless Durante/PH3 is 100% on board.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Finally trying to setup an sd2vita for my Vita slim, and it's looking like if I want to actually backup my carts for this thing, the easiest route would be to use my PSTV with an external HDD to do the backups proper, and then transfer them to the sd2vita using my laptop. What a pain in the ass! At least I'll have backups of the backups...

This'll take a day of work, or something like that. At this rate I might just get a separate DS4 for the PSTV!

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
So, I got a new APU from AMD for my living room PC early, which didn't solve anything (I thought that my previous APU which went bad). I already bought new RAM sticks for the main build but they are taking a lot long to reach and I'm kinda looking at new Mobos since I probably will have to do a full revamp, Boy, I might take the dust of my PS4 at this pace.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Framerate was taking a dump even on lower settings. Getting the game to run well made it look like an Unreal Engine 3 game running on a PS3 before installs.
Well it helped me with my old ass PC xD otherwise my FPS tanked a lot.

____

I would really like to buy single player games on gog.com but an example..

GOG:

Steam:

With 30$ (rounding down 30.92, they don't use decimals here and its typically near 30) NTD being 1$ USD

263/30 = 8.76~

9$ verse 18$.....

I know I am a cheapsake lol ..>.>

Last edited:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Oh Konami pixel.puzzle goes to 200%. Think I will be happy with just 100%. But it was great, one of the best picross games!
It's only one of the best picross games if you haven't played any of the great ones.
But it's decent. What hurts it is lack of QoL features, touch only controls, and the bloody puzzle timers.
Some would say it has only small, 15x15 puzzles, but I tend to prefer them - better to spend 5 minutes on a puzzle than 2 hours..
Oh, and yea, skip the second batch of puzzles. There are only 26 new ones IIRC, which you randomly get, rest is just old puzzles that you have to solve without the ability to mark spaces. -_-

Hero Prinny

Dec 14, 2018
Has anyone bought the dragonball card game? Ik visually its clearly a hideous game but besides that how is it? Waiting for the demo to come out so I can try it

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Let us not discuss other forums here because it gives us a bad look.
You want to discuss the sweeny thing mske a new thread or rake it to an egs thread.

Keep discussion here about usual pc gaming, anime and pro representation of minorities in media. Also cookie monster and the muppets.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
You want to discuss the sweeny thing mske a new thread or rake it to an egs thread.

Keep discussion here about usual pc gaming, anime and pro representation of minorities in media. Also cookie monster and the muppets.
Sorry, I was heading to sleep and lost my composure for a bit.
Going back to games, May surely lools like a great month! For anyone that hasnt played Yakuza Kiwami 2, you're in for a treat. And I'm excited to explore Kamurocho again, at a high framerate :D

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019

You're right. We should stay clear of it, it's water under the bridge anyway.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
It's only one of the best picross games if you haven't played any of the great ones.
But it's decent. What hurts it is lack of QoL features, touch only controls, and the bloody puzzle timers.
Some would say it has only small, 15x15 puzzles, but I tend to prefer them - better to spend 5 minutes on a puzzle than 2 hours..
Oh, and yea, skip the second batch of puzzles. There are only 26 new ones IIRC, which you randomly get, rest is just old puzzles that you have to solve without the ability to mark spaces. -_-
I have played most of them, well the better ones, tend to skip the "low effort ones."XD but yeah that's what I liked about it, the small puzzles and why I think it is one of the better ones, because I tend to get addicted and if it's too big puzzles I get "stuck" playing them for a long time and start to dislike the game because feel I need to finish it, with the smaller puzzles it always felt I could take a pause after finishing one and it never felt too much of a task to start one.

Status
Not open for further replies.