Community MetaSteam | April 2019 - "Objection!" the One Finger Fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Me: I have none of those games, so maybe I'll get the BTA tier. I've never really played a Lego game proper (but always heard good things about them).
Also me: Dude, you just bought like 20 games in the last month and have Kiwami 2 preordered.
Me: ...But it's a great deal.
Also me: ....
💸

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Halo: The Master Chief Collection - MCC Development Update - April 2019
HALO PC PILLARS
When building games, there are different frameworks people use to communicate the vision for that game to the team and to our community. One way to communicate the vision is through a series of pillars that clearly articulate priorities of the game along with attributes that support each pillar. When we began planning the PC version of MCC, we set out to define our pillars. The three defining principles we are focusing on are three key pillars; PC Native, Legacy, and Engaging & Evolving.

PC NATIVE PILLAR

Being PC native means that we deliver a best-in-class PC shooter as measured by PC gamers that require the following specifics.

Controls

• Robust action mapping options
  • Great mouse/keyboard input across the entire game
  • Low input latency by leveraging raw input and latency validation via slow motion cameras
  • Support for a broad set of mouse and gameplay options
PC Native UI

• Updated UI controls familiar to PC users
  • Robust video and game options that allow users to tailor the experience to their hardware
  • Support for FOV sliders (to the extent each game can realistically support)
  • Text chat
Runs on a variety of hardware and takes advantage of what is there in both UI and gameplay

• Range of resolution and aspect ratio support for monitors
    • 4K+ resolution, native aspect ratio support from 4:3 up to 21:9 Ultrawide
    • GSync/FreeSync support
    • High refresh rate support
  • Mice both high or low DPI
  • Multiple styles of Keyboards
  • Video cards, both dedicated and integrated
  • XInput supported controllers
  • Loading optimizations
High quality window handling

• Borderless full screen
  • Flexible window resizing
  • Gracefully handles keyboard shortcuts such as ALT-TAB/ALT-ENTER, etc.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Yeah, I'd love a LEGO Naruto or LEGO One Piece or LEGO Kemono Friends games.
LEGO Sailor Moon, LEGO Dragon Ball, LEGO Ranma 1/2 or... I dunno. LEGO Bible Black?
Shounen Trash:

Sailor Moon and Kemono Friends:

Bible Black:

(At the very least I wish somebody would try to revive BB's art-style.)

And for those of you not in the know, don't google these things at work. ;)

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
The beauty is that HLVR will most likely support all headsets.
VR is still way too expensive to jump in, even for HLVR. For the price of the (full set) Index + a second set of the controllers, I can keep my apartment for another month. This had best end up like the Link and Controller where they put it on Sale during the Summer/Winter sales for $5-10.

Last edited:

hankenta

Dec 9, 2018
Index VR not even close to my radar since Valve still won't sell hardware to Norway. You can't even load the store page for the device without a VPN. 😂
Can't buy Steam controller or Link either.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Fuuuck that looks good for MCC on PC.

We got Yakuza Kiwami 2 coming in a few days also. Dammit Sekiro just let me kill everyone already!

Reactions: Deleted member 113

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
And those aren't even the good shoujo series...
How 'bout LEGO Fruits Basket, LEGO Nodame Cantabile, LEGO Lovely Complex or LEGO Boku no Sexual Harrassment
Best Shoujo? NANA.
Best Josei? Paradise Kiss.

but neither of these things would lend themselves well to a game lol.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Alright, so after 2½ hours, I'm really digging this one:

It's pretty with lots of different environments so far

Seems to be pretty big in terms of content (HLTB has it at ~20 hours). There's lots of cool and interesting lore.
You play as the Bearer of Calamity, a girl who lost her name by entering a contract with Ergo, a monster sealed into a book and can swap between those too at any time (some enemies can only be hurt with one or the other)

There's a skill tree with passives and actives, exploration and puzzles with lots of unique items to equip. Combat feels good and it's nicely challenging so far.
As far as indie Action JRPGs go, this seems to be really cool.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Apparently ppl buying Starlink on Steam can't activate on Uplay. Too lazy to list Deluxe content, too lazy to release working game. Well if New Dawn has taught me anything, I might as well wait for 50% off in two weeks.

Last edited:

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

More news on Ostranauts (Next game from the maker of Neoscavenger)

It's looking pretty cool so far!

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Would you have preferred Made in Heaven?
Only if I could use it to make it so Dragonball Evolution was never made.
Alright, so after 2½ hours, I'm really digging this one:

It's pretty with lots of different environments so far

Seems to be pretty big in terms of content (HLTB has it at ~20 hours). There's lots of cool and interesting lore.
You play as the Bearer of Calamity, a girl who lost her name by entering a contract with Ergo, a monster sealed into a book and can swap between those too at any time (some enemies can only be hurt with one or the other)

There's a skill tree with passives and actives, exploration and puzzles with lots of unique items to equip. Combat feels good and it's nicely challenging so far.
As far as indie Action JRPGs go, this seems to be really cool.
I got it on that last sale and I'm almost finished. Really solid game.

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
VR is still way too expensive to jump in, even for HLVR. For the price of the (full set) Index + a second set of the controllers, I can keep my apartment for another month. This had best end up like the Link and Controller where they put it on Sale during the Summer/Winter sales for $5-10.
well, index or apartment, that'a a really easy choice. i can live under the bridge but i can't vr without index :p
still 20 hours to go!

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and gabbo

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Just played some Borderlands with a buddy. It's fun but even in Borderlands 1 everything about the world building, characters, writing and dialogue is physically repulsive for me.

Though the gameplay loop is fun and it has something. Might get Borderlands 3 later down the line when it leaves EGS and is cheaper. And I have a coop-partner(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.