Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

It's extremely likely the exclusivity deal is for Saints Row 5 as well. Also, with their publisher label, Epic is now going for permanent exclusives. They aren't slowing down on exclusivity at all. It's their long term strategy.
Epic is commiting long term with the publisher label for permanent exclusives. Until then they'll keep using the timed exclusives of Ubisoft, Deep Silver and the one of two indies that make it there.
No, that's unlikely. But the games Epic is publishing may be permanent exclusive.
Absolutely zero evidence for the time being and as we have said multiple times, some of us are making our best to discover the conditions regarding the PC platform, don't start "panicking" or making assumptions, there are a lot of things yet to unravel and in the middle of this fucking pandemic it's way more difficult to get data.

BE PATIENT <3

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
i don't really have all that much free time, unfortunately :(
Then why buy more games if you don't even have the time to play Alyx?

Im actually wondering. I have personally been decreasing my game-buying a lot the past few months because there's so much stuff I wanna play that I already own.

Reactions: lashman

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Absolutely zero evidence for the time being and as we have said multiple times, some of us are making our best to discover the conditions regarding the PC platform, don't start "panicking" or making assumptions, there are a lot of things yet to unravel and in the middle of this fucking pandemic it's way more difficult to get data.

BE PATIENT <3
Everytime Sweeney says something like ''it doesn't have to be exclusive'' it is, so I think his actions show a lot regarding that.

I don't care what games he gets since no game is essential but it's common sense to make use of his publishing brand to step up his game. I'll continue making assumptions, but thanks.

Reactions: rybrad

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Everytime Sweeney says something like ''it doesn't have to be exclusive'' it is, so I think his actions show a lot regarding that.

I don't care what games he gets since no game is essential but it's common sense to make use of his publishing brand to step up his game. I'll continue making assumptions, but thanks.
As you wish, I just said that patterns suggest multiple possible outcomes and so far we don't have enough data, with time we will but right now it's just a guess.

No meant to offense, sorry :crying-face:

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
As you wish, I just said that patterns suggest multiple possible outcomes and so far we don't have enough data, with time we will but right now it's just a guess.

No meant to offense, sorry :crying-face:
None taken, wasn't intending to be harsh, it's just that I don't see any problem with some healthy speculation :drinking-blob:

Reactions: lashman and Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
None taken, wasn't intending to be harsh, it's just that I don't see any problem with some healthy speculation :drinking-blob:
Absolutely none, speculation not a problem and as I have examined my post and I think it sounded stronger than intended, when I said some will try to get as many data as possible, I meant it and the zero evidence was just the reason why we will do so (same as the spreadsheet, for example) with their publishing label.

tbh, it sounded too "aggressive" :confounded-face:

Reactions: TheTrain

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Just finished it RE3, clear time 5:04, total playtime 6:09.
Loved every second of it, this Jill kicks so much ass.
It's a bit short but what's there is fantastic.
Ideally the clocktower would've added another 45-60 minutes of gameplay. Oh well...

Thanks again to Eternal Queen for giving me the possibility to play this fantastic game at launch, as a huge fan of RE this means a lot.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Just finished it RE3, clear time 5:04, total playtime 6:09.
Loved every second of it, this Jill kicks so much ass.
It's a bit short but what's there is fantastic.
Ideally the clocktower would've added another 45-60 minutes of gameplay. Oh well...

Thanks again to Eternal Queen for giving me the possibility to play this fantastic game at launch, as a huge fan of RE this means a lot.
About the clock tower

They tease you right before the battle with Nemesis in front of the tower, theres a brochure in a bench by the river that tells you that the tower was reopened because of Umbrella, and then they do nothing with it, I loved the game so much, but man, that hurted.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Only a 87 for FFVIIR?? /S

MC score doesn't matter otherwise
why does P5R have a 94? When Nier A only has something like a 88? And I doubt most of the reviews care about "performance" when they write their reviews
I will play FFVII one day.

I tried to play Far Cry 1 again.... I don't think I will ever pass that game but I can hope that one day I will....

Planet Zoo crashed on me and I was getting somewhere between 30-50fps in the game. I think I will have to cut back in a lot of setting to get more than 60fps.

Also something that I don't like about Planet Zoo Is the "control" scene it just feels off. I'm sure that with enough practice I will get use to it though.

Also thanks HBO for showing me Detective Pikachu for free.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Also thanks HBO for showing me Detective Pikachu for free.
Check out some of the other freebies if you haven't seen them already. Like Barry and Succession. Easily the 2 best shows out there in the past couple years.

Also check out True blood if you are in the mood for some vampire stuff. The first couple of seasons of that show are 🔥

Reactions: PC-tan

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Just finished Blighttown on DkS:R and being honest it didn't felt like pain in the ass like the first time I played through it years ago.

And I also got that stupid pose while resting on the bonfire:
Extremities are where heat bleeds off. Your character knows what it's doing.
I got that same pose on my play through :D

Reactions: lashman and Swenhir

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
By the grace of lashman
Toku and Anime prosper to a new generation

ALBEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
:wd_praise:

Reactions: Kvik and Ascheroth

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I've been watching GOD SIGMA

There's this one dude in it hitchhiking a helicopter but he didn't bother climbing into the cabin. He just hangs on to its bottom.

Then he just acrobatically freefalls when he reached his destination. It's peak boomer mecha anime. :dana_blanket:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

There's this one dude in it hitchhiking a helicopter but he didn't bother climbing into the cabin. He just hangs on to its bottom.

Then he just acrobatically freefalls when he reached his destination. It's peak boomer mecha anime. :dana_blanket:

I grew up on this fam
To me it's 'Fuck the rules, if it looks cool, do it'
It's why we have the gloriousness that is Hurricane Polymar snapping necks and shit

Just indulge in the ridiculousness and have a good time, we don't get stuff like this nowadays :wd_praise:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Living in France i need to sooner or later know azerty , also want the keycaps to match what they do.:)
Get used to changing your keyboard config, plenty of games do not support azerty. And some games don't let you rebind.
Nothing that can't be fixed with... windows+space (didn't even knew that shortcut, good to know).

It is quite noticeable that it has a dedicated "ù" key, which is used in precisely one word, "où". Which means "where", if people actually bothered writing it correctly. Very useful that one.

Reactions: Le Pertti

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I wonder what happened to all the Switch indie success stories. Haven't heard about one in months.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Get used to changing your keyboard config, plenty of games do not support azerty. And some games don't let you rebind.
Nothing that can't be fixed with... windows+space (didn't even knew that shortcut, good to know).

It is quite noticeable that it has a dedicated "ù" key, which is used in precisely one word, "où". Which means "where", if people actually bothered writing it correctly. Very useful that one.
Could have used "u" combined with ` :D

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
CERO has shutdown in Japan until May 6th. State of Emergency in 7 prefectures, Tokyo+Osaka included. Governor of Tokyo laying on pressure for people to stay home and businesses to close.

I bring up CERO because it's relevant to this gaming thread. All reviews in progress are halted. No new games can be submitted. No new games will be considered during this time. No new games will release in Japan while CERO is closed. 😓 (Games which have already been rated are fine though, like say the Xenoblade remaster.)

Expect delays for JP games in the latter half of this year. CERO will have a month-long backlog.

100% NieR remaster will not make it in time for this 10th Anni year.

Godspeed to my homeland. A little too late to be taking it serious now, but alas, the Japanese working culture is bullheaded as ever.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Last week was a pretty nice one in terms of store pages, this week? so far not so exciting, awww :(

CERO has shutdown in Japan until May 6th. State of Emergency in 7 prefectures, Tokyo+Osaka included. Governor of Tokyo laying on pressure for people to stay home and businesses to close.

I bring up CERO because it's relevant to this gaming thread. All reviews in progress are halted. No new games can be submitted. No new games will be considered during this time. No new games will release in Japan while CERO is closed. 😓 (Games which have already been rated are fine though, like say the Xenoblade remaster.)

Expect delays for JP games in the latter half of this year. CERO will have a month-long backlog.

Godspeed to my homeland. A little too late to be taking it serious now, but alas, the Japanese working culture is bullheaded as ever.
Yup, delays are expected to happen, which sucks but again, nothing that comes out of nowhere, 2020 is a completely disaster.

Reactions: QFNS

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Oof, that one hurts. I can understand though, but not without a slight bit of anger at the Japanese government's incredibly late reaction to the pandemic.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

What the hell did I just watch. And why arent games like this made more often?

Reactions: Kvik and Tizoc

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im having a lot more fun with KH3 via Xbox Game Pass than I did with KH1 and 2 which I both never finished.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
In there era of (assumed) launcher war, shouldn't Humble also make a launcher too? Would be much easier to find and download DRM free games

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

ALBEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
Is Kamen Rider by Toei ? They didn't upload any, did they ? I'm curious to discover the franchise.
Appreciated to see Gavan in there, quality is super shit though, but that's to be expected for a company that openly asked for fan subtitles.

:disapproval-blob:

It happens far too often with small indies or incompetent devs, but it's nowhere that frequent. I'm talking about no support, rebinding keys is unfortunately the norm.

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
I just finished Half Life Alyx.

Whoa.
Very jelly :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

I have no experience with VR. Although, I'm not even sure if I could really handle true VR games like this. I'm about 98% sure I'd have motion sickness issues or headaches or something. Would probably need to take Dramamine or something :fearful-face:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Very jelly :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

I have no experience with VR. Although, I'm not even sure if I could really handle true VR games like this. I'm about 98% sure I'd have motion sickness issues or headaches or something. Would probably need to take Dramamine or something :fearful-face:
HL:A is pretty accessible, has lots of different set ups to play. I ended up Standing room only with teleport movement and didnt get any motion sickness (except for the odd bit on moving platforms/lifts, but nothing major).

I do find that i can only play for about an hour or two before getting too hot and my hands cramp up using the Vive controllers. I imagine that the index controllers would be the best for the job.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
In there era of (assumed) launcher war, shouldn't Humble also make a launcher too? Would be much easier to find and download DRM free games
I'm guessing that it's just a lot easier bto just have people direct download something instead of maintaining a launcher?

I wonder what happened to all the Switch indie success stories. Haven't heard about one in months.
We are at the point were your game on N/S is more profitable being on sale for $0.99 USD during a sale than it is being $19.99 USD at launch.

And it will likely keep being this way so long as Nintendo points are a thing. Since you can just redeem those and get "free" new games. I do wonder how different it would be for Indies if this was not a feature that Nintendo offered. Because those coins expire and you will want to use them on something (I wish that I had redeemed my coins since they expired on me)

Also I don't see any cries about discoverability issues. Weird.
Hey when it's one of the big three you can complain. They did all that they could to advertise your game (but sadly not always were it matters, well maybe Nintendo a bit more since they do at least have features so that indie games will get show cased but even then I do feel like their is favoritism (aka they will focus on certain indie games and not so much on what kind of indie games that you may want to buy)

Hey does any know if Nintendo gave refunds to people that purchased Cooking Mama digitally? Since they pulled that games from the eShop with all of the issues that it was having.

I don't buy digital games on the eShop but does anyone know if Nintendo still shows you digital games that you have purchased on the features page? So say they were featuring 3 first party titles but you already owned those titles is there anything that tells you that you already own that game before you even click that store page?
It would just be nice if they used the location of the game that you already own and replaced it with another title to give that one more exposure.

Some of the features that Valve has are not implement "correctly" like don't show me this game but at least looking at the BAFTA award this it does look like Valve can make it where they will not show you a game that you are not interested in. Because when I was looking at the nominies it told me that one game was missing because of my preferences. Normally with the regular Steam pages it would have just been grayed out but here it didn't even show me the game or the name of the game. It just told me that there was one game missing. It was not replaced by anything since that box was only for games that were nominated for BAFTA awards. But it does look like it's possible to just not show you certain games that you don't want to see on Steam.

Going back to the eShop thing, if say you were to buy all of the games on the features page would those games still show up on there of would they be replaced by other games/it would look a little different? As far as I'm aware I don't think there is a "recommendation" page on the N/S eShop which I think is weird since the 3DS did recommend you games. Since there is no recommendations page and the featured page is likely heavily curated, were do you really go to see "indie games"? Do you just go to on sales?

If I went to the top sellers list and if I purchased the top 10 games, will this top ten games still be the same? I know that on Steam that actually sort of changes and some of that also has to do with your preference since the ranking on there will change. I don't think PSN on PS4 even shows you what the top selling games are for the PS4 (I think you can look it up on the PSN website and in the PlayStation monthly blogs but not on the PS4 itself).

Status
Not open for further replies.