Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I've had fallout 76 since launch and it's not actually complete garbage. Everyone that hates is either just expecting a completely different game or wants to laugh at it (Which is fine, I mean it's not like an amazing game) it's just a fallout themed survivalesque game with multiplayer.

Which is now getting better from patches (It also had decent quests already in it, which compared to other survival games it was above)

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This released in early access too:

Reiza Studios seem to be getting pretty big from humble beginnings. This game looks like an Assetto Corsa-like with the different racing disciplines included.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and Tizoc

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
A little late but thanks for another great thread :)

Resident Evil 3 is already bought, and Disaster Report 4 looks interesting.

And "thankfully" I have no doubt Bethesda is going to price Fallout 76 absurdly high over here so I can avoid any temptation to check that train wreck.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
What a shitty month, even Fallout 76 looks appealing.
Eh. It's a lean month, for sure, but far from shitty. Not as many big-profile RPGs coming out and CP2077 was originally scheduled for this month, but there's still something for everyone if Tizoc's highlight thread is any indication.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Eh. It's a lean month, for sure, but far from shitty. Not as many big-profile RPGs coming out and CP2077 was originally scheduled for this month, but there's still something for everyone if Tizoc's highlight thread is any indication.
Yeah, I should've added "for me" in there. As much as I respect the franchise I couldn't care less about Resident Evil.

I've also been looking through Tizoc's thread (great job as usual!), but I couldn't find anything new that interests me.

Reactions: Kvik

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
According to a local tech site, Microsoft bought a bunch of Konami IP's, including Metal Gear and Castlevania. Can't wait for a brand new €70 Castlevania game. 😊
I want this to happen just for the meltdown.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Thanks lashman for another iteration of the best thread on the Internet.
Stay safe people, I love you.

So, I recommend playing FFVII PC Classic (Steam) with The Reunion mod.
Can I haz scanlines ? Me want scanlines !
The last time I wondered about it, I think I came to the conclusion that one can use Reshade for that. Was I wrong and is there a better way ? Talking about the Steam version obv.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
It felt like that was the longest March ever
I don't post here much (or at all) and this isn't really on topic, but everyone should mentally prepare themselves for this situation lasting a very long time. Depending on where you live it will be critical for the next couple of months, but it will also last well beyond that. We have no immunity against this disease so the risk will remain until a vaccine can be developed and that probably won't happen this year. So you should prepare for all of 2020 to be affected. Take care of your mental health, try and maintain a routine if you're stuck at home, talk (or video chat) to family and friends and stay safe if you still have to go out for work.

Okay, video games... I'm looking forward to Disaster Report 4 this month. It looks very janky but also kind of fascinating. I read online that it was either in development or cancelled in 2011, then restarted in 2015 and it's finally coming out now. That explains why it looks like a 10 year old game... because it is. There's a demo on the Switch but apparently the performance is unacceptably bad there so I've not tried it.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
There seem to be a sale planned for Switch today, at least in EU. So obviously everything but Nintendo games. And there is the fourth Platinum announcement planned too.
Not the best but not the worst of days.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
There seem to be a sale planned for Switch today, at least in EU. So obviously everything but Nintendo games. And there is the fourth Platinum announcement planned too.
Not the best but not the worst of days.
Isn't Nier Replicant (or was it Gestalt) the fourth game?

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Can I haz scanlines ? Me want scanlines !
The last time I wondered about it, I think I came to the conclusion that one can use Reshade for that. Was I wrong and is there a better way ? Talking about the Steam version obv.
Unfortunately, post-processing shaders are not a part of the mod. Although, on my last playthrough I managed to inject ReShade to apply a combination of clarity/vibrance filters. Chances are you'll be able to use their CRT shader as well.

If you're looking to inject something like RetroArch's CRT-Royale, I'm afraid I can't help you there because I don't have any experience with it.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Man I’m bummed that the platinum announcement was a nothing burger

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Because Persona 4 Golden is a masterpiece.
I cannot stand P4 or any of it's derivatives, and it's like 90% the fault of internet memes.

Never got to play the original P4 myself, P4G was gonna be my first time with it. However leading up P4G's release was a relentless avalanche of memes and spoiler shit that basically left me no surprises. I have tried to beat P4G like 3 times, and I think the furthest I got was dungeon 6 or 7. Without the story to carry me, P4 is just tedious honestly.

I learned a valuable lesson from this experience though. When I'm really interested in a story heavy game, I go on total blackout for it. I don't even talk to friends about it if I can help it.

... And I also learned I VASTLY prefer hand-crafted pre=arranged dungeons Vs. Rando-Generated trash. :p

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I cannot stand P4 or any of it's derivatives, and it's like 90% the fault of internet memes.

Never got to play the original P4 myself, P4G was gonna be my first time with it. However leading up P4G's release was a relentless avalanche of memes and spoiler shit that basically left me no surprises. I have tried to beat P4G like 3 times, and I think the furthest I got was dungeon 6 or 7. Without the story to carry me, P4 is just tedious honestly.

I learned a valuable lesson from this experience though. When I'm really interested in a story heavy game, I go on total blackout for it. I don't even talk to friends about it if I can help it.

... And I also learned I VASTLY prefer hand-crafted pre=arranged dungeons Vs. Rando-Generated trash. :p
The Persona games really suffer from a combination of bad elements. Awful level design (not to say none at all until P5... and even then, it wasn't much better), extremely long dungeons, limited bestiary in each, very obvious weaknesses/buff routines, plain boring school gameplay... if you don't like high school in Japan and hypocritical vilains (Ann is just an embarrassment when you consider what they try to say, only to roll around in the same filth that they pretend to criticize), it's hard.

And honestly, SMT has 95% of the same issues.

Atlus RPGs feels a lot like Dragon Quest, they're obsolete relics.
But where DQ at least manages to keep interest with good vignettes to their worlds and increasing production values while cutting the busywork, SMT and Persona are going in completely the wrong way. More otaku bait, more "gameplay" time wasted in never ending dungeons, an ever increasing need for a guide...

And Falcom has been following their steps for a while, and it sucks.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Great thread, Lash. Also that Fallout 76 banner :smirking-face::smirking-face::smirking-face::smirking-face:
glad people appreciate it ;) haha

A little late but thanks for another great thread :)
thank you! :cat-heart-blob:

yes

Did you know that April stands for Anime?
:disapproval-blob: :blobnoanime:

That fallout 76 banner :ROFLMAO:.
you're welcome ;)

Thanks @lashman for another iteration of the best thread on the Internet.
awwww, you're too kind! :photoblobheart:

Came here for 💩, did not disappoint.
i had to do SOMETHING :p

This one is free too.
still too expensive ;)

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
CSGO got a new anime skin and it goes for more than $300 on the steam market (no joke) :blobyesanime:
The combination of anime and micro-transactions is what makes gaming sustainable and thriving.

It is like a gold mine, which was recently discovered, thanks to Valve.

Last edited:
Reactions: lazerfox

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
MegaApple
I was writing my reply to your post in last month's thread re: FFVII but work got in the way and the thread was locked before I have the chance to post it. Hence, I'll post it here.

So, I recommend playing FFVII PC Classic (Steam) with The Reunion mod. It's basically a collection of mods designed not only to make the PC release playable in modern PC, but also to fix localisation issue, outstanding bugs present both in the PSX and the PC version and enhancements to the game's difficulty and balance.

1. Beacause — This is the most important mod because as you might know, FF VII has all the hallmark of mid-90s professional localisation. mistranslations, grammar errors, inaccurate lore, etc. The mod is a rework from the ground up, edited from the Japanese script.
2. Menu Enhancement — Menu rework to fix alignment issue and adapting it for scalability with high-resolution screen/monitors
3. Audio Replacement — This is a replacement for FF VII sound module. The original sound effects are re-recorded and encoded in .ogg format
4. Weapon — A difficulty mod. The aim is not to make a "harder" game but to fix the imbalance in the game mechanics. It's still very much a WIP.
5. Model Overhaul — This one is a revamp of the low-poly models found in the original game. They try to keep the intended look and style while improving the model quality.
6. 60 fps battle scene — The PSX version runs at 60fps everywhere while the PC version runs at 30fps. In battle, they clamp this down to 15fps. The mod intends to fix this issue.
7. Soldier quest — This is basically a collectable quest. A total of 99 1/35 soldiers are hidden throughout the world.

You can read more about The Reunion here:

HOLY MOLLY THIS POST IS GOLD!

Few questions :
1. All these are good for a first time playthrough?
2. I've heard about 7th Heaven Mod. What does that do? Also what about Tifa's Bootleg?

Reactions: Kvik and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.