Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
HLA has 94 on MetaCritic and 17k reviews where 98% are positive.

It's safe to say the game was a hit both among HL fans and among VR players.

So I assume HL3 will be a VR game then. With such a big hit, why go backwards to flatscreen for HL3?

The worskhop can't come fast enough.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
lashman buys egscloosies day 1 upon their steam release. He also buys anime games.
All is permitted, Forbid only what berates you.

Last edited:
Reactions: derExperte

Deleted member 113

(almost definitely April Fools ... but DAMN, do i need that game in my life :negative-blob: )

I love QuackShot.

That's a cruel April Fool's joke. :disappointed-face:
And it surely is one, based on the last screenshot (correct me if I'm wrong, but the nephews are not playable in the game at any time).

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I can't decide if I should buy Insurgency Sandstorm now or wait for a sale later, not because I don't have the money, but I lack time right now, yet the game is quite fun to play.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I think this month will be barebones in terms of purchases, Disaster Report 4 and Humble Monthly :(

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
That's a cruel April Fool's joke. :disappointed-face:
it really is :(

i mean - there's a VERY small chance it's real (and the joke is people thinking it's a joke) ... but i wouldn't count on it

either that or they made it as a joke but are secretly hoping it'll gain enough traction that SEGA and disney notice them and let them make it, or something along those lines

Okay, who do I need to talk to so that DuckTales game gets made:gunblob:
SEGA and disney (probably)

Deleted member 113

I think this month will be barebones in terms of purchases, Disaster Report 4 and Humble Monthly :(
That's not bad. :cat-heart-blob:
Between games in your library, and those 2 purchases, you'll surely have a lot in your hands.

I'm looking forward to Disaster Report 4, since after years or seeing these titles, I'll finally get to play one. :)

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Thanks for the amazing thread, lashman :)

I'm really looking forward to silksong as well. I didn't like a few combat-oriented parts of Hollow Knight but the atmosphere... It's kind of weird but playing Will of the Wisps made me want to replay HK :p.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I recently went back to Hollow Knight. Back when it was released I "finished" the game (well, I got an ending), but it's pretty amazing just how much completely optional content there is in the game. Really looking forward to Silksong.
I love how they designed that. A lot of the hardest parts of the game can just be walked away from entirely, and letting people move on and not keep doing something frustrating keeps it from becoming a grind. I think there's only one really hard boss fight that you actually have to beat Watcher Knights, and the rest you can just not bother with if you want.

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

Wasn't this a wii series that never made it out of japan? Or was it just that one game
Actually, the first games were released on the PS2, and one of the sequels on the PSP. :)

And, the previous games were done by Irem, which you may remember for their arcade games, like the R-Type series.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Have been making a "second" backlog in the way of a collection on Steam called "Games I wanna play", it consists of 80 hand picked "one and done" games that I wanna play after finishing Doom Eternal, Ori 2 and Blands 3.

Ive been trying to avoid buying games for a while now until that collection has decreased, only bought games that are at 75% or above sale + Bannerlord.

Example of some games in the collection:

Celeste (well I did finish it once, but cheevos was added, so I wanna play through it again)
Far Lone Sails
Amid Evil
Ion Fury
Battle Chasters Nightwar
Battletech
Below
Book of Demons
Catherine
Eastshade
FFVII
Hotline Miami
I Am Bread
Mutant Year Zero
Code Vein
Shadow Tactics
Remnant From the Ashes
Talos Principle
Thronebreaker

The great about that collection is that every time a game is on sale at 10-70% off and I really want it, like Insurgency Sandstorm right now, I just look at that collection and it keeps me from buying more stuff. A psycological trick to keep myself from buying more stuff.

Another trick is that if a game like Dirt Rally 2 is on sale (which it is), but I haven't touched or barely played the first game, I will not buy it until I have played the first game.

So I have yet to buy Surge 2, Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 and some other sequels because I haven't played the first game in the series.

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Nice new thread lashman

Hope everyone stays safe and well this April.

Just had to go into the office. Pretty weird out there. Got a lot of stuff done but its going to be a rough few months i think. I then nipped into Tescos which was surprisingly quiet. Got some essentials and/including......Beer! hooray.

Going to play Prey and HL:A for the rest of the day. And probably drink all the beer.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I got a copy of Fantasy Farming: Orange Season. :blobcheer:
I got Defunct. Never heard of it but it looks like something right up my alley, cool.
Thanks for sharing :)

In other news, I just had to limit my monitor refresh to 60fps to play Machinarium, because higher refresh rates make the game slow to a craw (yes, you read that high, higher refresh rates make the game slower :astonished-face: ) and just capping the fps did nothing.
Bizarre.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I got Defunct. Never heard of it but it looks like something right up my alley, cool.

In other news, I just had to limit my monitor refresh to 60fps to play Machinarium, because higher refresh rates make the game slow to a craw (yes, you read that high, higher refresh rates make the game slower :astonished-face: ) and just capping the fps did nothing.
Bizarre.
Let amanita know about this
They tend to take in feedback and might find a fix.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Bizarre.
Let amanita know about this
They tend to take in feedback and might find a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.