Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Team17 is going to publish Hokko Life. Indie animal crossing for PC
nice! :)

had a store page for a good while ... but i can see they already changed the publisher info :p

It looks really really nice, if I had to ask for something, more fluid animations would be nice, however, the few different things from Animal Crossing look sweet like being able to visualize where I'm putting a house or putting furniture in angles.

niceeee

Reactions: Daoko64

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
11 gb? You sure Windows Store didn't download the whole game again for you? I think it was 1.5 gb or something on Steam yesterday.
🤷🏽‍♀️ No clue what this strange piece of software is doing. As long as it actually gets the games to run properly, I am happy.
Expecting efficient software from Microsoft seems a bit naive.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
You know, even Nintendo has features to reduce patch distribution size. Nintendo! On their online platform!

I wonder if MS will ever just throw out the store infrastructure and start from scratch.
You mean they don't ? :fearful-face:

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
That looks like an xbox controller alright
Did anyone find out yet from Bethesda about this? Thanks.
I opened a ticket on april 2nd and I am literally still waiting. Will post an update as soon as I get any sort of "Official" or confirmed response besides a canned one

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Having to watch twitch to get into the Valorant Beta is such a stupid idea. It just forces people to have the stream opened in background wasting bandwidth for hours. But I guess it works for Riot since the viewer numbers went through the roof and people are thirsty to play something new during a lockdown.

I've finally started Original Sin 2 and it turned out to be the the perfect game during a quarantine. Y'all weren't kidding it's phenomenal. You can just get lost in the world and the combat is just *chef's kiss

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Having to watch twitch to get into the Valorant Beta is such a stupid idea. It just forces people to have the stream opened in background wasting bandwidth for hours. But I guess it works for Riot since the viewer numbers went through the roof and people are thirsty to play something new during a lockdown.

I've finally started Original Sin 2 and it turned out to be the the perfect game during a quarantine. Y'all weren't kidding it's phenomenal. You can just get lost in the world and the combat is just chef's kiss
It's give and take. Their game gets hyped up by streamers, in return they get viewers. I'd argue that at least they are being transparent about it.

Whether it's palatable and moral is another story. The vested interest of these streamers in that game succeeding would preclude me from watching any one of them.

Reactions: PC-tan and lazerfox

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Aurora 4X C# Version will be released on Friday. (2 weeks late because of some bugs)

The graphics are a little #er, er sharper and the UI got a little modernized but the main work was the change in the coding language from VB6 to C#
That allowed for better handling of the AI, faster turn times, solving many bugs or unintended situations that were never possible to solve (or just implement without tanking the turn times) in VB6

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Whether it's palatable and moral is another story. The vested interest of these streamers in that game succeeding would preclude me from watching any one of them.
TBF there are streamers that are genuinely excited about Valorant. Some of them have been playing CS for about two decades and there hasn't been anything that could compete with CSGO's gameplay.

But yeah most of them just want the viewers and the quality of the game is non-relevant to many.

Cant even connect my riot account to twitch because some error. No beta for me.
I tried idling for a couple of hours yesterday with no dice. Chances are pretty slim to get into the Beta anyway so you're not missing out really.

Reactions: Swenhir

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I don't how developers of Puzzle-Platformer #3679 expect to sell. I mean, unless your product is something totally new, you first have to see if there's an existing market and interest, and then develop your product. This is sad, but it's how things work. If your game is of actual quality and there's a market for it, there's a really good chance it will sell a good amount.
Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord releases to a 260k CCU peak and constantly at 180k to 200k peak.
Puzzle platformer/Metroidvania Dev #45327: You can't have success on Steam as an indie dev!

Reactions: 708 and Li Kao

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Pardon my ignorance but isn't Valorant just a shameless CS clone?

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
As far as I can see, Valorant is a middle-ground between Overwatch and CS/TF2, just as Runeterra is a middle-ground between Hearthstone and Artifact/Magic, or League of Legends is a more accessible version of Dota. It is Riot's strength to clone gameplay and then slightly but meaningfully fork from it.

Reactions: Milena and lazerfox

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Not really a clone but Riot also didn't hide the fact that they clearly were heavily inspired by CSGO. They took some elements of CSGO like basic gunplay, movement, in-game economy and put their own spin on it. They even hired some of the oldes CS map creators to get the maps right.

Tencent's CrossFire is what I would call a CS clone.

Reactions: PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Yes and no, gunplay looks like that of CS but you also have some overwatch type abilities (and because how I barely feel comfortable using cycling between 2 weapons on PC) I don't think I would even be good at the game.

Also one of the artist of Valve Team Fortress 2 is also working on that game from what I heard.

I watched Charlie play and I'm guessing that some people that got into the beta may not be that good at FPS games? Either that or they are using a controller? (For more COD style stuff and things like Titanfall/Apex I don't think a controller is bad per say but with something that is more like CS, I would say that a controller is a bad idea, since I doubt Riot would add gyro support?) Because he just kept killing everyone left and right. It looks like some pro was wiping the floor with a bunch of 8 year olds. It was kind of bad actually. But overall it seemed that he liked it, so there does seem to be appeal for the game. And I'm guessing that Riot will do more than what Valve does for character skins?
Shit, so Bernie has dropped out.

Not that I had any faith in america anyways.

Turd sandwich vs incoherent douche 2020
Health reasons? And who are the main Democratic nominies now?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
TBF there are streamers that are genuinely excited about Valorant. Some of them have been playing CS for about two decades and there hasn't been anything that could compete with CSGO's gameplay.

But yeah most of them just want the viewers and the quality of the game is non-relevant to many.

I tried idling for a couple of hours yesterday with no dice. Chances are pretty slim to get into the Beta anyway so you're not missing out really.
Problem is, how do you figure out which is which when Riot and those streamers poison the well for everyone?

This will all fade away but the consequences will linger I think. Another case of "fuck you, got mine" making life worse for everyone else.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I recommend people to ge those 2 months of Stadia Pro to play Gylt at least. I found it to be pretty good. It's like 3-4 hours long.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Thank you. I love relaxing puzzle games. How does it hold up in regards to a game like Gorogoa?
well it's a completely different type of game than Gorogoa ... but still very relaxing and kinda cool :) if you've ever played (or even just seen) Picross on nintendo consoles - this is basically the same game

UMM how was I not aware of Voxelgram? Fuckin love picross/nonagrams. Thanks lash :thumbsupblob:
you're welcome! :) and be sure to check the workshop - there's a shitload of additional sets in there ... and they're all really good!

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
I won XCOM 2 a few years back and still haven't played it. I don't have War of the Chosen yet (never has been cheap enough for a cheapo like me) and feel like I shouldn't actually start until I have that. :cautious: Loved Enemy Unknown

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just finished Blands 3 story, didn'ty do any side missions or DLCs yet. Took me 19 hours. Loved it. I think it's the best Blands game for me. Didn't find the story as bad as a lot of other people have, but I didn't really ever play a Blands game for the story.

Now Im gonna do the 2 DLC expansions that are out.

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

Galdere

MetaMember
Oct 20, 2018
That looks like an xbox controller alright

I opened a ticket on april 2nd and I am literally still waiting. Will post an update as soon as I get any sort of "Official" or confirmed response besides a canned one
Cheers I'd appreciate that.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018

This is such a fun game. I love all the ambient artists on the soundtrack, it's just fun to absorb all those bubbles, and extremely relaxing to play. Most of the time. Plus it's a big nostalgia thing, one of my first steam games back from The Olde Steem days. Going to stick with this one for a bit I think.

Developer didn't seem to make anything else after that though!

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
As someone who was lucky enough to get his hands on a key, I can confirm that mechanically it is essentially a CS clone. Not that that's something to be ashamed of, CS is a very good game getting the right "feel" of it isn't easy.
There are plenty of differences content-wise to differentiate it, from how armor works, to characters with abilities (which you have to purchase like you would with grenades) and weapons' alt-fire/aim-down sights, etc.
If they can nail down the anti-cheat as they promised (among other smaller nitpicks I have) the game should do very well, although that ultimately depends on Riot's standards for what well is.

Status
Not open for further replies.