Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
1971 Project Heliosis a turn-based strategy game which combines modern warfare military tactics and close combat. Firearms and vehicles are scarce, conflicts and hostilities have no end, and the terrible freezing cold annihilates friends and foes in its path.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
AMD has already unveiled Ryzen 4000 APUs for laptops, and according to a DigiTimes report today citing "sources at motherboard makers," the Ryzen 4000 desktop CPUs are also coming this year. On top of that exciting news, the publication also pointed to a release date for the other most anticipated CPU release this year.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I really wanna play some Atelier right now, but of course the last sale was not that long ago and KT is historically not only stingy with their sale prices, but also with their sale frequency. At best they will go on sale during the Golden Week sale in a few weeks (I think), but could also take until the Summer sale in June. :cryblob:

Reactions: Durante and PC-tan

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Dumb question but does anyone know how to get rid of these random individual game tabs on my Steam Inventory page?

I installed Space Engineers last night and I got a notification of 4 new items in my Inventory. I went there and saw Engineers got its own tab with 4 items that I can't seem to do anything with. I click all around the open tab page and nothing happens. It's hella distracting.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Woof.

What an odd design decision.
There was a time when I still had items from Just Survive (H1Z1 after a million name changes) in my inventory, when that game was already shutdown a couple of months.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Anime Pick-and-Mix over at Fanatical 2 for 9.99, 3 for 14.79, 5 for 19.99

It includes fighters like Uniel, Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator, and Melty Blood AACC.

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School
DEAD OR SCHOOL
Gal*Gun: Double Peace
Damascus Gear Operation Osaka HD Edition
CHAOS CODE -NEW SIGN OF CATASTROPHE-
EARTH'S DAWN
Assault Suit Leynos
The Letter - Horror Visual Novel
Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late
GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR-

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just finished the 2 Blands 3 DLCs that are out. Both really good. So I have finished the main story + DLC story missions. No side missions/activites. Did use some HP and ammo cheat at times. Took me overall 27 hours. A lot longer than Blands 2 for me and there is still 2 DLC expansions to come.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'll be getting Close the Sun on Steam at some point anyway as I will forget having it on EGS.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Is this Epic reacting to former EGS exclusives doing very well on Steam?
Possibly. I also think that the developers think their game is going to do badly on Steam.
Usually because the game is bad, or because the online community is dead. Might as well take the cash.

Reactions: lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Square giving away freebies on EGS is interesting. There is probably some type of deal. Tho JC4 is kinda old now and didn't do all that well.

No doubt Sweeney will try to go after FF7R and KH3.

If they put out the definitive and additional DQ11 content on EGS before Steam I am gonna be pissed.

Reactions: PC-tan

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Finished up Hob. Pretty good.
Oh, yes, Hob was great, really enjoyed that game.

On the matter of time limit on games. I hate it. Despite having game pass ultimate till 2022 (was dirt cheap for me in 2019, so I bought a bunch), I use it as a way to demo games. Also partly why I don't have PS Plus (the other part is that I play all my MP games on PC).
Same, I dont like the feeling of having games only on a sub. It never feels like its "mine".

Anyone try out Dreamscaper: Prologue? It's free! I did a few runs and had a quite enjoyable time. Will definitely put more time into it later today
Thanks for the reminder - downloading that now.

So what do you guys think about this wave of "Prologues" we can see coming ?

Seems to be slowly replacing the goold old demos, and as Simon Carless is saying in this article : Tales From Discoverabilityland: To Demo, Or Not To Demo

it gives more feedback for devs because they can create a separate Steam page so people can give reviews, which is not possible with demos available on Steam page for upcoming games.

I like it so far, makes demos / beta / free samples way more visible, and according to Simon Carless, it doesn't stop people from wishlisting on the "real" Steam page.
All for it! In the 90s it was shareware, then it was demos, now it'll be prologues - what matters is that we get to play and try out a game before forking over money.

Square giving away freebies on EGS is interesting. There is probably some type of deal. Tho JC4 is kinda old now and didn't do all that well.

If they put out the definitive and additional DQ11 content on EGS before Steam I am gonna be pissed.
Sweeney will go after any game if it could mean hurting Steam, nothing new there. FF7R would be a prime target, of course. But any giveaway is not necessarily indicative of exclusive deals following. Although, Square Enix is happy to have them with Sony/PS, so who knows? Probably not beneath them.

Galdere

MetaMember
Oct 20, 2018
That looks like an xbox controller alright

I opened a ticket on april 2nd and I am literally still waiting. Will post an update as soon as I get any sort of "Official" or confirmed response besides a canned one
My Bethesda account info has changed and now shows my named Steam account as linked and an option to unlink.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Why would you want to get Nomura's stuff into your clean store to begin with? :grimacing-face:

(bad joke, sorry)

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I hope less publishers take deals, especially folks like Square :cryblob:

My order for a Valve Index is still 2 to 4 weeks from giving me the option to pay. In truth I should probably not order it now with everything going on, but I suppose it will still be a few weeks before I have to make the decision.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Tower Unite's Arcade update is out!

Patch notes
I don´t think they updated the servers yet, can´t connect to any.

Last time I played was when the game released on early access, I was visiting peoples condos today, and man, Anime Avatars everywhere, reminds me of the VR Chat videos on youtube.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Reading that Schreier article on Borderlands 3 and Pitchford.

So they took the EGS moneyhat and still can't pay their employees the bonuses they promised? Also despite having a somewhat decent steam release the game is now not even in the top 50 global sellers.

They missed out on a lot of money by not releasing it on Steam for the launch. They should have released on both EGS and Steam considering the budget for the game is 140 million (wtf). And they don't make any money at all until 2K recoups all funding? What kind of shitty publishing deal is that?

Now basically put the game on steam firesale and make as much as possible out of it all. And good luck with that when steam user reviews and overall word of mouth is nowhere near Borderlands 2 levels. Not to mention there is so much more competition for these type of games today vs BL2 in its time.

Basically 2K and Pitchford get paid...everyone else gets the finger. And they brag about it being a billion dollar brand. Embarrassing.

Also if DLC for a game cost half of what the entire base game cost then you should probably cancel the DLC lol.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
I don´t think they updated the servers yet, can´t connect to any.

Last time I played was when the game released on early access, I was visiting peoples condos today, and man, Anime Avatars everywhere, reminds me of the VR Chat videos on youtube.
I think they went down temporarily, but they seem to be up now. From my experience, every server is packed with people. I haven't gotten a chance to play yet lol

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I hope less publishers take deals, especially folks like Square :cryblob:

My order for a Valve Index is still 2 to 4 weeks from giving me the option to pay. In truth I should probably not order it now with everything going on, but I suppose it will still be a few weeks before I have to make the decision.
Id be okay with ATLUS taking a deal... If it meant SMT on PC.... A soul for a soul

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Planet Zoo is pretty good and more or less what I was looking for. I might also go back to Planet Coaster as well.

Also the game seems to crash when ever I have a large crowd or something. Right now when not a lot of stuff is going on it's at around 70fps but then when I get a lot of people to come in, it around 55fps and such.

Reactions: Milena

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I have HITMAN: The Complete First Season (doesn't include "Patient Zero" DLC) and HITMAN 2 Standard Edition. If I want to get EVERYTHING (dlc, expansions, etc) for both games, are these all I have to buy?
I would like to know this too, did you find out?

Also, if I have HM1 full experience, do I get the GOTY Legacy pack OR the GOTY Legacy pack upgrade?

Last edited:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I have HITMAN: The Complete First Season (doesn't include "Patient Zero" DLC) and HITMAN 2 Standard Edition. If I want to get EVERYTHING (dlc, expansions, etc) for both games, are these all I have to buy?
You don't need goty legacy upgrade as it is free if you own the first Hitman. But you need to buy Patient Zero campaign
The expansion pack is what you are missing also
I would like to know this too, did you find out?

Also, if I have HM1 full experience, do I get the GOTY Legacy pack OR the GOTY Legacy pack upgrade?
Don't need to buy goty lecacy pack, it's free for previous owners

This month there are two elusive targets, which are missable and you only have one chance to beat it, although you can cheat to get more chances.

Today the first elusive target starts

Reactions: Yoshi and Le Pertti

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I've enjoyed Everspace a lot, the combat is superb and the graphics are very good. The game is too long to be a rogue-like tho. I've finally made it to sector 7 last night, but was killed almost immediately by dozens of enemies spawning out of thin air. I was so frustrated that I uninstalled the game...

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I've enjoyed Everspace a lot, the combat is superb and the graphics are very good. The game is too long to be a rogue-like tho. I've finally made it to sector 7 last night, but was killed almost immediately by dozens of enemies spawning out of thin air. I was so frustrated that I uninstalled the game...
The progression doesn't work well for a Rogue-lite, not unlike Rogue Legacy.
The game relies heavily on effectively grinding more stats, and it's extremely unlikely that you can complete it early on.

Pure permanent buffs are not what Rogue-lites are about, and a lot of them should go for a more traditional RPG approach if they want to do it like that.

Children of Morta worked a lot better, as progress was the game, and the short bursts of random elements were just a means to an end. You didn't spend 1 hour+ only to lose and restart everything with a marginal upgrade upon marginal upgrade giving you a chance to defeat the next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.