Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
So the hex editing method for increasing the internal resolution in Death End Re;Quest works, but now the minimap/full map UI has gone out of whack.

Maybe 5120x2880 is too high. :dana_cry: I'll have to play around with it a little more.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
The "what's new" header in the Steam library actually works. Thanks to it I just discovered that there's new DLC for Glass Masquerade 2.

(I highly recommend it, by the way... some really cool looking Lovecraftian artwork)

And because of this I found out I had missed the previous DLC -AND- some of the DLC released for Glass Masquerade 1.

So... a) good job Valve with the new UI b) go buy Glass Masquerade, it's great.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Testing how the color looks :blobyesanime:
:blobnoanime:

Testing a new color
hmmm ... i don't know about that one :p

Well this is going to be hard. choosing color for name too!
you can do it, i believe in you! ;)

Saw lashman and Mor are a tease on Twitter about those PS4 games. 👀
👀 👀 👀

b) go buy Glass Masquerade, it's great.
waaaaaaay ahead of you - i bought it at release ;) loved the first one

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
If you don't like colored usernames and you use uBlock Origin, then you can override the alternative colors using custom rules:
Code:
metacouncil.com##.username--color-1:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-2:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-3:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-4:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-5:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-6:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-7:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-8:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-9:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-10:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-11:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-12:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-13:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-14:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-15:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-16:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-17:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-18:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-19:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-20:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-21:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-22:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-23:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-24:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-25:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-26:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-27:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-28:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-29:style(color: inherit !important)
metacouncil.com##.username--color-30:style(color: inherit !important)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Steam down here.

An error was encountered while processing your request:

There was a problem communicating with the Steam servers. Please try again later.

Or at least extremely slow.

Last edited:
Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If the Crysis Remastered doesn't keep invidual suit powers and doubles down on the Crys 2 and 3 suit powers that it's personally the worst remaster blunder in history.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
If the Crysis Remastered doesn't keep invidual suit powers and doubles down on the Crys 2 and 3 suit powers that it's personally the worst remaster blunder in history.
No, that was porting Homeworld 1 to 2's engine and loosing ballistics and tactics in the process. That one boggles the mind.

Reactions: lashman

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Crytek is always in a weird place with their tech for years now. Making an “API agnostic” solution is on the tier of saying “I didn’t want to use DirectX nor Vulcan”. I don’t like them trying to spin backwards thinking as a good thing. Everyone else will come to the party with hardware acceleration.

It’s the phrasing that bothers me more than anything, but I’m not sure how it should be marketed.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The first Crysis has a special place in my heart as it was my first personally bought PC game ever. I downloaded the demo out of the blue from some shady ass patch site and I played the shit out of it, was so fun, so I bought the game it self physical and I loved it. I spent hours just fucking around with the physics. And I spent hours in the MP. I was probably one of the few people left playing the MP at some point.

Crysis Remastered would be the only game that could get me to buy something from EGS as long as they don't dumb the suit powers down like they did with the sequels and the physics are still intact. It's a special game for me.

After having finished the game 2 times I discovered I could edit the config file for unlimited suit power. So much fun.

Reactions: yuraya

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Like a boring Deja-vu with all the speculation when the announcement will probably be in a few hours xd
Do you honestly expect some announcement today ? Not pushing for leak from you, just wondering if I should expect something.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
So I'll probably end up buying this months Choice after all ( I blame Wok posting those Opus Magnum gifs :02eat: )
Would anyone want GRIS if I end up getting it?
(Note that I'm not in a hurry to buy it, might be close to the end of the month for all I know)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Do you honestly expect some announcement today ? Not pushing for leak from you, just wondering if I should expect something.
You can't push from me a leak I don't know :p but if they already had all the material up in the website is just a matter of time, today feels like a good moment, maybe tomorrow but I feel it will be today.

Reactions: Li Kao

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Crytek is always in a weird place with their tech for years now. Making an “API agnostic” solution is on the tier of saying “I didn’t want to use DirectX nor Vulcan”. I don’t like them trying to spin backwards thinking as a good thing. Everyone else will come to the party with hardware acceleration.

It’s the phrasing that bothers me more than anything, but I’m not sure how it should be marketed.
The Neon Noir tech demo runs 11 if I'm not mistaken, hopefully the Crysis remaster will use a more modern API that actually takes advantage of 8+ cores.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
The Neon Noir tech demo runs 11 if I'm not mistaken, hopefully the Crysis remaster will use a more modern API that actually takes advantage of 8+ cores.
Oof. It makes me think Crytek has really lost their tech edge, adding RT acceleration was probably insurmountable if they can’t get on DX12 yet (besides being literally impossible if not on DX12 - not ignoring Vulcan RT - porting to Vulcan would be an even bigger hurdle).

Reactions: lashman and Shahem

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Oof. It makes me think Crytek has really lost their tech edge, adding RT acceleration was probably insurmountable if they can’t get on DX12 yet (besides being literally impossible if not on DX12 - not ignoring Vulcan RT - porting to Vulcan would be an even bigger hurdle).
Source for Neon Noir running DX11 :

Honestly it would not be a very Crytek thing to do to hold themselves back with a decade old API.

Deleted member 113

Dandy Dungeon's discount ends in a couple of hours:

If anyone is interested in it, the current price tag is an awesome price, especially since they added a... sequel to the game recently, for free (you are basically getting 2 games for the price of 1).
I have been playing it at least 30-60 minutes a day since they fixed a problem that was making me unable to play it, and I must say it's one of the most charming, and addictive games I've played in some time.
Plus, it's highly re-playable (lots of stuff to unlock, and items to improve), with lots of side-content, it's really a very worthwhile package.
And all this on game 1 (I'm yet to finish it, and proceed to the sequel).

There's a demo available, for those interested in giving it a go.

It's a really funny game. It starts off in extremely simple fashion, but the game is constantly evolving. The main character, a programmer, keeps adding content and functionalities to... the actual game.
How many games do you know where you don't even have an options menu when you start, until a couple of minutes later the main character adds it to the game? :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Dandy Dungeon's discount ends in a couple of hours:

If anyone is interested in it, the current price tag is an awesome price, especially since they added a... sequel to the game recently, for free (you are basically getting 2 games for the price of 1).
I have been playing it at least 30-60 minutes a day since they fixed a problem that was making me unable to play it, and I must say it's one of the most charming, and addictive games I've played in some time.
Plus, it's highly re-playable (lots of stuff to unlock, and items to improve), with lots of side-content, it's really a very worthwhile package.
And all this on game 1 (I'm yet to finish it, and proceed to the sequel).

There's a demo available, for those interested in giving it a go.

It's a really funny game. It starts off in extremely simple fashion, but the game is constantly evolving. The main character, a programmer, keeps adding content and functionalities to... the actual game.
How many games do you know where you don't even have an options menu when you start, until a couple of minutes later the main character adds it to the game? :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Is the second game a separate game, or did they include it in the first game?

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Indeed. I'm surprised they got to it after losing it for a few years. Maybe they're reading 👀

Looking forward to new BPM that must be just around the corner now that I've mentioned it here.

Though seriously, it is probably relatively close since they already updated VR UI.

I just want it now. :cryingwhyblob:

Status
Not open for further replies.