Community MetaSteam | April 2020 - A Disaster Report From Raccoon City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
How is Warhammer 40K Inquisitor Martyr these days ? Last time I cared to know more it was 1-2 weeks before the big overhaul, and the game was pathetically not ready. The overhaul got delayed soon after IIRC.
Worth it ? Still shit ?

Oh, I see they advertise the complete collection but show the base game price on Steam front page. Yeah, this is starting well.

Deleted member 113

Dragon marked for death is a little costly, and customer feedback on Switch at least is all over the place. Unfortunate, because it scream Meta-Coop !
BlindRhythm :cat-heart-blob:
For what it's worth, many of the complaints when the game launched on the Switch have been tackled.
The game apparently launched lacking some content, with some balance problems, among other things. But, for a year, significant updates were launched, and the version that launched on Steam has all of those applied, plus a new patch that is yet to launch on the Switch (3.0.0) that, among many changes, adds two new characters (upping the roster from 4 to 6), increases the character level limit, and adds and tweaks countless things.

To give you an idea about how much the game has been updated, check this page below (that currently doesn't list the changes done for the 3.0.0 version, but it should give you an idea of how much the game was tweaked/updated):

But, do note that currently there's a problem with the online co-op multiplayer modes, in the sense that you need to be in the same zones (literally; I mean, you want to play with someone from the UK, you have to select the UK as your Steam download location) in order to see them.
The developers are aware of it, and are working to fix it, so hopefully it's something that may be fixed later today.
EDIT: That didn't take long. The problem was already patched. :)

Early Steam reviews are all positive, except the ones specifically mentioning the current online multiplayer problem I mentioned above, so the PC version is being well received.

Like I mentioned yesterday, my early impressions are also very positive, I played around 3 hours, had a blast, and I can't wait to dive back.
The game looks lovely, the soundtrack is awesome, and it plays like a dream. My character, a Shinobi, is extremely fast and responsive, and it reminds me of playing Mega Man Zero/ZX, crossed with some Strider, and Shinobi bits. It's awesome!

But, it's still early on, I just played through 2 stages and bosses (one of them twice, because I discovered some moves, and wanted to retry the stage using them), plus explored the hub town and its inhabitants, so I can't tell you if the game will overstay its welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I know about your experience ! Your input is the reason the game returned to my wishlist (y)

I don't know about the game right now, but at the very start, the idea to first publish, exclusively, a co-op heavy game on an handheld where a lot of people don't pay for online was a peculiar decision. I liked their pricing strategy though, dividing the game was bold, interesting.

Deleted member 113

but at the very start, the idea to first publish, exclusively, a co-op heavy game on an handheld where a lot of people don't pay for online was a peculiar decision.
Japanese companies, especially smaller ones, have a very "local", closed view of the gaming industry.
In Japan, mobile gaming and portable consoles have been very popular, and they do play a lot online, or using wireless connections.
So, maybe their choices made sense to them, considering that. :)

In truth, this game had a long, troubled history.
I first heard about it 9+ years ago, and some design documents shared by the developers last year were dated... 2008!
The game was envisioned for the PSP, then announced for the Nintendo 3DS, but it took so much time, the development ended up switching to the Nintendo Switch.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
The obvious best choice, agreed.
It's funny how minds work. I played the demo and it was a blast, bought soon after then... never in the mood to start it. There is a sort of inertia to beat before starting some (most ?) games, inertia specific to each ones, that is surely the worst enemy of a gamer, imho.
Now is a great time to dive into Factorio as they've reworked the tutorial sections not long ago, giving them greater focus & flow (plus those new sprites for your crashed ship are just dreamy, lol.).

Bought Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition 1+2.
Didn't age well, combat wise...
:anguished-face:

May be a dumb question, but have you considered Planescape: EE?

I played most of the Black Isle crpgs back in the 90s so I naturally jumped at the Beamdog remasters. And while the quality of the Enhanced Editions themselves are legit great, I found Baldur's really hard to get into in the 21st century. It just felt, clunky & unwieldy.

Planescape EE on the other hand fit like a glove. I think it's primarily because the game is more narrative-focused than combat focused. Could also be that the Planes universe is inherently more interesting than the more standard low-fantasy D&D setting in Baldur's.

Not that the latter is a slouch or anything, more that Planescape is just more memorable and friendlier to step back into in modern times.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Baldur's Gate to me isn't about the combat
It's about the RPG elements and interacting with the characters
So I would be doing less combat and more fantasy RPG adventuring
Whenever I get to play it.
I was stunned during the recent Covid-GDQ, there was BG speedrun and the environments were really, really gorgeous. I never made it past the kobold mines and I kind of regret it. So I agree with you, the combat is a resounding meh - and for a game from over two decades ago, that's okay - but I find the art and surroundings really evocative. I had forgotten how pretty that game was.

Reactions: ISee

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Satisfactory is still aiming for release next month.

Update from yesterdays dev stream regarding Steam is this:

Steam update still in progress, there's lots of work involved in integrating a multiplayer game with friends lists, etc, so that's what makes it take time. Again, if you buy the game on Epic, you don't get a copy for Steam, and vice versa. (Edit: there is intended to be crossplay though)

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I was stunned during the recent Covid-GDQ, there was BG speedrun and the environments were really, really gorgeous. I never made it past the kobold mines and I kind of regret it. So I agree with you, the combat is a resounding meh - and for a game from over two decades ago, that's okay - but I find the art and surroundings really evocative. I had forgotten how pretty that game was.
Honestly if there are cheat engine stuff or the like that allow for one shotting enemies, I'd prob. settle for that XD

Reactions: Swenhir

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm not sure why, but the past few days I had the urge to give Kingdom Come Deliverance another chance. I gave up on that game last year because of the problems I had with pickpockets, but the game seems to be designed to be bad at everything in the beginning.

So I'm curious: what's your experience with the game? Is it worth spending more time in it to get better in everything and complete the storyline?

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Who is it for? Origin Access?
Yes, most likely, at least for the moment is the only one confirmed, although it could potentially be for some other thing such an internal service which is at the moment not announced.

Satisfactory is still aiming for release next month.

Update from yesterdays dev stream regarding Steam is this:
Am I having a Deja-vu? I could swear you already shared this, am I wrong? maybe I say this on another website.

Remember kids, if you get any non-public information DO NOT LEAK IT IN THE MOST STUPID WAY POSSIBLE (this was leaked, presumably, by VNN)

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Yes, most likely, at least for the moment is the only one confirmed, although it could potentially be for some other thing such an internal service which is at the moment not announced.

Am I having a Deja-vu? I could swear you already shared this, am I wrong? maybe I say this on another website.

Remember kids, if you get any non-public information DO NOT LEAK IT IN THE MOST STUPID WAY POSSIBLE (this was leaked, presumably, by VNN)
According to Tyler, he was framed.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Already shared it 2 times, but each update has some new info in it. First it was "april sometime", then "confident about may", now "it will happen in may, it's MP that takes time".

Reactions: Mor

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts Covenant are the best PS2 jrpgs that aren't under the SMT umbrella. Fantastic games.
Not in a world where Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter exists :p

But honestly, the PS2 had way too many amazing and unique JRPGs. Suikoden 3 and 5, Ar Tonelico 2, just awesome stuff.

Reactions: Parsnip and PC-tan

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I played most of the Black Isle crpgs back in the 90s so I naturally jumped at the Beamdog remasters. And while the quality of the Enhanced Editions themselves are legit great, I found Baldur's really hard to get into in the 21st century. It just felt, clunky & unwieldy.

Planescape EE on the other hand fit like a glove. I think it's primarily because the game is more narrative-focused than combat focused. Could also be that the Planes universe is inherently more interesting than the more standard low-fantasy D&D setting in Baldur's.

Not that the latter is a slouch or anything, more that Planescape is just more memorable and friendlier to step back into in modern times.
That's a good tip, especially as my original version went missing over the years. Will check it out.

Where's the dislike button
You can't see it, because it is hiding behind my original copy :imp::imp: :face-throwing-a-kiss:

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
RIP CS:GO after things were starting to look up.
Nah, it's not THAT bad, it was an old version of the code (2018) and internally the game was already being ported to Source 2 for obvious reasons, it is a shitty thing, that's for sure, but CS:GO is not going anywhere.

What happened?
Source Code leaked

Deleted member 113

Thanks for your replies, guys!

I'm not very familiar with those sites, so if they weren't safe, I would just paypal him the money.

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
RIP CS:GO after things were starting to look up.
Only thing that went up were player numbers. The game itself has definitely seen better days. The past few months it has been infested with cheaters and toxic people.

At least they have a good reason now to finally port CSGO to Source 2.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
At least they have a good reason now to finally port CSGO to Source 2.
Better not to rush things, porting was already in the works (known for a while thanks to the multiple strings in the code) and tbh, with this leak there is no serious potential security problem to be worried about as the code is between 2 and 3 years old and the game pretty much has evolved a lot since then.

It will happen when it's ready :D

Deleted member 113

Once again: HELL YEAH, I GOT THE ONLY TELLTALE GAME I WAS MISSING ON STEAM: WALLACE AND GROMIT!!!

Really, it was the one game I was always pissed off about missing.
I own a digital download from the Telltale Store, and a physical copy. The digital downloads frequently give me problems, because of the installers, and I currently don't have my DVD-rom working (and I'll probably skip it on my next PC), so it was a bit disappointing to having missed out on them.

After years of getting people asking me for ridiculous amounts of money for a copy (100 keys, and stuff like that), I managed to find a legit guy, who even sent me his key/humble link first. (y)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Once again: HELL YEAH, I GOT THE ONLY TELLTALE GAME I WAS MISSING ON STEAM: WALLACE AND GROMIT!!!

I own a digital download from the Telltale Store, and a physical copy. The digital downloads frequently give me problems, because of the installers, and I currently don't have my DVD-rom working (and I'll probably skip it on my next PC), so it was a bit disappointing to having missed out on them.

After years of getting people asking me for ridiculous amounts of money for a copy (100 keys, and stuff like that), I managed to find a legit guy, who even sent me his key/humble link first. (y)
congrats :)

Reactions: Deleted member 113

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Dragon marked for death is a little costly, and customer feedback on Switch at least is all over the place. Unfortunate, because it screams Meta-Coop !
BlindRhythm :cat-heart-blob:
Yep, I agree fully. It looks like it could be an amazing one for some co-op! But as you said the price and some reviews do kind of lower the excitement a little.

I vote that we have that BlindRhythm fellow try it out sometime, he usually doesn't mind being a guinea pig when it comes to testing games.

..Hey! Wait a minute! :thinking-blob:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018

I have a similar non-gaming but anime story :p

Today after a looooooooooooooong time of searching I finally got the Evangelion Platinum collection for a not bloody ridiculous price :D

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Does that person have any more keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.