Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
It sound like protagonist is saying "I am serving the low", which may be an Freudian pronunciation lol. Ironically I think this game might be less negatively received just because of current state of the world, big recent protests that immediately come to my mind are Trumpian Capitol Protest and anti-COVID-curfew protesters which I honestly found to be silly and super destructive.
Maybe it's diff there but here and from what I read in other countries as well we're seeing an increasingly far right leaning of the government that has done very little to properly combat the pandemic, whenever asked about it claiming there's no money for that even though one financial scandal follows the last every other week, from paying large sums to the media (with silly excuses like pandemic awareness campaigns that they would be obliged to do for free anyway, or pandemic relief when they're the one field that do business as usual in these times) that basically now only praises anything they may do, to constant upgrading and adding to the police force in both manpower and tools (vehicles included), to buying french airplanes for the air force, and even pandemic related assignments happening under the table to unfit or almost nonexistent businesses that manage to take millions in commission to offer some half hearted service like the giant fabric masks kids in schools got after many delays, while the public health system has basically remained unsupported the past year and people are in wait lists for ICU and die before getting the needed care. They also found the opportunity to pass all sorts of unrelated laws like establishing a university police force, changing the education system to favor private colleges over public universities, and basically have been shit in every imaginable sector, employment and pensions included, down to environmental issues and archaeology departments. Some times they have tried to label movements against any of these from those affected the most, like students and teachers and professors in favor of public education and even exhausted health workers in favor of more hires, and ICUs, etc., as covid deniers but it thankfully hasn't managed to stick, though what has stuck is the right leaning folk condemning those who partake for spreading covid even though more often than not everyone in such movements wears masks and is in open space while the same folks have to be packed into buses like sardines to get to work (forgot to mention public transportation has also not been supported, they literally just received some buses after all this time, renting used ones for like 50m when they could have bought new ones for like 60 and a large % is now inoperable in service just after delivery) etc.

And in all this time police brutality has been increasing in general, not just against protests where they then claim there were molotovs or whatever thrown to entice the police squashing the protest even though there is no footage of such, they are recorded using their brand new motorcycles to literally ram people trying to run away or yelling at them to stop beating up people who did nothing, loads and loads of cases where you can clearly see cops beating up innocents on their own in parks and squares, just recently they broke the arm of a 13 year old child, and always the response of the relevant authorities is something completely unrealistic like oh before that video you can't see that there was a group of 30 people attacking the 5 policemen, the child fell on its own, etc. Things that are often proved fake in videos that are released later and show nothing of the sort. Etc. And they still say it's all about law and order even though where it matters there's none, a journalist was just professionally assassinated the other day, we still have no culripts for a boat full of drugs that the people responsible for finding have been punished, the witnesses have been dying left and right and every other district attorney involved has quit or even migrated abroad and convicted terrorist organization ex-political nazi party members remain at large after being allowed to escape despite claims that there was not one chance in a trillion they would ever do that as they were under surveilance in anticipation of the trial's result. A very brief overview of Greece 2021, #1 vacation destination. Basically entering Trump-era as the US (hopefully?) is exiting that and its legacy. Violation and reduction of rights galore, from the refugees to the common folk. But it's not like in the US just because they have a new president every police officer and chief has been reformed to a decent human being either. They will just hopefully enjoy less political backing for such actions. Where here it's the opposite, it's the same scum and the last year or so they have profound backing for it.

Last edited:

FunnyJay