Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I also enjoy playing Cyberpunk 2077 too. I play it in short bursts 1-2h and in past few hours of play time i didn't even use gun or had a fight, i solved quests by talking XD
I would like to talk to more bad guys in Cyberpunk. How are they supposed to survive legendary contagion, though? At this point (beginning of Act 2) it seems like I will have to be content with talking a bit with endgame Adam Smasher if my spreadable hacks randomly fail on him

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I am trying to clean my backlog but i also can't stop buying new games XD I bought Horizon Zero Dawn even though after It Takes Two and Cyberpunk 2077 i said that i will play Metro Exodus (new version should be up by then). I bought Just Cause 4 even though i didn't even play Just Cause 3. I want to play Darksiders franchise finally but as soon as i see how long they are i skip it. Saints Row 4 is on my backlog list for a long time and yet i never find time and will to play it XD But if i get opportunity to buy Days Gone for like 20$ i will do it even though i won't play it for a long time.

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I am trying to clean my backlog but i also can't stop buying new games XD I bought Horizon Zero Dawn even though after It Takes Two and Cyberpunk 2077 i said that i will play Metro Exodus (new version should be up by then). I bought Just Cause 4 even though i didn't even play Just Cause 3. I want to play Darksiders franchise finally but as soon as i see how long they are i skip it. Saints Row 4 is on my backlog list for a long time and yet i never find time and will to play it XD But if i get opportunity to buy Days Gone for like 20$ i will do it even though i won't play it for a long time.
Would fully recommend going into a non-productive, pointless and one-sided feud with Steam. Saves you a lot of money and clears your mind! Change Steam start page from store to library as well

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
COD main mechanics dont revolve around assaulting unarmed people (despite being instances of this happening in some games)
Sure but I was more thinking in terms of the powerful controlling the weak through violence. That is also where I feel uncomfortable in myself, in that I find the riot game more distasteful than take any military game, because I guess riot game feels closer to home? But those military games glorify something way way worse.

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
A bit tone deaf and in poor taste given the current world, or maybe it's just me.
It sound like protagonist is saying "I am serving the low", which may be an Freudian pronunciation lol. Ironically I think this game might be less negatively received just because of current state of the world, big recent protests that immediately come to my mind are Trumpian Capitol Protest and anti-COVID-curfew protesters which I honestly found to be silly and super destructive.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Anyone else skip to like the last 2 pages of the thread after falling a couple days behind on checking in? I swear I miss a couple days and I'm 10 pages behind.
No, that's how Bloodborne PC gets released and you miss the whole thing. (+30 days)

I missed the weekend entirely, and here Aaron D. comes back.

• Comfy
Reactions: Mor and lashman

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
I am trying to clean my backlog but i also can't stop buying new games XD
I've gotten a lot better over the years at only purchasing titles I'm ready to fire up, like immediately. It's helped a lot, esp. during big seasonal sales events.

But I still find myself occasionally caving to the pressure for a discount on a game that I'm only kinda interested in atm, or perhaps really was at some time back but have since cooled on.

For me it always seems like the big-ticket items are the ones that pull me in. Most recently Iron Harvest and Evil Genius 2 at around $35 each.

Dropped about 10 hrs. total between the two without getting super-hooked and then simply went back to Farming Simulator 19 where I lost close to 2 dozen hours in less than a week, lol.

Feels like I always get burned by the expensive ones 'cause I feel like I'm getting a better deal through a greater discount in raw dollars, but it so rarely seems to line up with what I'm in the mood to be playing atm, even if said games are pretty damn good either way (i.e. Iron Harvest and Evil Genius 2).

The whole $20 base-price category just works so much better for me. It's impulse territory and it's always something I'm ready to jump on as there's no sale discount fomo. This year has been flush with cheap indies that have dominated my time and satisfaction.

Dyson Sphere Program, Valheim, Cruelty Squad, Shadow Empire. Man, I could've just nabbed these alone and been set for the rest of the year. :p

So while I do think I've cracked the code for not going overboard on Steam annual sales, I'm still reminded from time to time that I need to just step the f away from big-discount items that I'm only marginally interested in.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Why indeed, and I'd also ask, "by whom?". I thought there were no mods here; can OPs freely nuke their threads and everyone's replies?
Yes, we can as users, I have deleted duplicated posts in the past for example when another user and me posted the same info at the same time :blobmorning:

I played FH4 for the first time on Steam and yup, as amazing as FH3 :cat-heart-blob:
Absolutely delightful game, I think I need a new SSD tho as this one is getting smaller everyday it passes haha

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
And this is what I’ve heard, too - that a lot of EGS PC games are not selling nearly enough copies to make back the ‘guaranteed’ sales number. Maybe Epic would say that this was intended too - some of the guarantee is just a write-off to get people onto the platform. But I don’t personally think that EGS is trending to Epic’s medium-term revenue goals.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I mean, we all knew (well, suspected is the correct term) that this happened as most of their stuff is manual and we don't have nor figures nor official word from devs/pubs except when they are successful and in this 2 years we only had WWZ, BL3 and Satisfactory, maybe another few more but overall the pattern repeats, devs get the moneyhat, put the game on EGS, wait a year and then starts selling on Steam as people wait.

Latest member of this party? Square Enix with KH, a game that would have been selling like hot cakes and yet it sank because it was expensive as hell and exclusive to a service that most people don't want/don't use.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I mean, we all knew (well, suspected is the correct term) that this happened as most of their stuff is manual and we don't have nor figures nor official word from devs/pubs except when they are successful and in this 2 years we only had WWZ, BL3 and Satisfactory, maybe another few more but overall the pattern repeats, devs get the moneyhat, put the game on EGS, wait a year and then starts selling on Steam as people wait.

Latest member of this party? Square Enix with KH, a game that would have been selling like hot cakes and yet it sank because it was expensive as hell and exclusive to a service that most people don't want/don't use.
Issue is that developers get money in advance and then they basically get nothing or scraps because they are not reaching milestones. Epic Publishing will do better but only because console copes will count.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Sorry, Days Gone has been cancelled. They saw how much money Horizon made during the weekend that just went and realized they didn't want more money after all.

lurkers are using the info here like it's their own and spreading them around
I see. That was the right move to make then.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
There's Greymoor upgrade and buy Greymoor. If I only have the base ESO game, which should I buy to get all of the expansions up to Greymoor?

I've also been looking into it.
Seems Greymoor - upgrade just gives that expansion (base game already gives you Morrowind anyway)

Online - Greymoor gives you all the previous expansions,

Theres ESO Plus that is a subscription which gives expansions and:-
  • Access to all DLC game packs
  • Free crowns for the in-game Crown Store
  • Access to the Craft Bag
  • Double bank space
  • Bonuses to progression
  • Increased Furniture placement limits
  • Costume dyeing
  • Double Transmute Crystal capacity
  • Exclusive access to unique Crown Store deals

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Seems Greymoor - upgrade just gives that expansion (base game already gives you Morrowind anyway)

• Double bank space
  • Bonuses to progression
  • Costume dyeing
To add to this, if you play for a good amount of time, the craft bag (and therefore ESO+) will feel like a necessity. It sucks that it's that way and they really should make it a separate purchase (or just included in base...) but the QoL improvement of it is massive.

• This!
Reactions: lashman and Prodigy

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Do we have a Shoot 'Em Up thread or did JCB just create a bunch of threads for each game? I was looking to post this video i saw recommended on EG as i thought the video and channel would be of interest to people here too. He has videos on how to play them, how to setup emulators etc too. and covers Beat 'Em Ups (Brawlers) and things like that.

The Electric Underground - Youtube Channel Playlists Page

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Do we have a Shoot 'Em Up thread or did JCB just create a bunch of threads for each game? I was looking to post this video i saw recommended on EG as i thought the video and channel would be of interest to people here too.
i don't think there is one .... although i might be wrong

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

In 2019, Epic earned $1.83 billion in gross profits, resulting in an overall gross profit margin of 43%.
Zing! What was that about 12%?

Reactions: lashman

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Been playing a lot of GamePass lately and started The Surge 2 this weekend; it kinda sucks. I enjoyed the original when it came out because I couldn't get enough of Soulslike games at the time. In FROM games, I feel like a lot of deaths and issues are my fault from strategic decisions or just bad play. In Surge 2, I feel like I am fighting the controls a lot and the parrying feels clunky as hell. I'm going to give it a little more time as I am only 7 hours in, but I think the honeymoon period might be over for me on Soulslike games that aren't excellent.

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm still playing Yakuza 5, currently I just started Shinada last chapter in part 4 and the end of his third chapter with the plot twist was pretty cool.

So far from the remastered trilogy I could rank them in the following order 4 > 5 >3. It feels like has the perfect balance of playing with other characters than Kiryu, and 5 looks like they wanted to make the biggest Yakuza game so far though they exaggerated so when someone says the game is bloated or too long for it's own good I understand the complaints.

So to avoid being burned out I've been playing other games when I'm feeling in the mood to play a Yakuza game.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

• Double bank space
  • Bonuses to progression
  • Costume dyeing
Alright, cool. It looks like I need to buy Greymoor then. I'll see later if I can stick with the game long enough so that I need ESO Plus or not.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.