Community MetaSteam | April 2021 - So NieR Yet So FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Yeah I'm trying to make sense of Dolphin controller config right now. MadWorld looked doable, if a little convoluted, but I have trouble assigning 'move nunchuk to the left'. Tilt didn't seem to work so I assigned the same button to swing, yolo.
I've played Monster Hunter Tri on Dolphin with a keyboard so it's doable :evilblob:

• Love
Reactions: PhaZZe and Li Kao

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
But in terms of how modern it feels, where does Zero place? It was little jarring going from Kiwami 2 to Yakuza 3 haha. But nice to hear about Like A Dragon, might go for it after 5 while I wait for FPS boot for Yakuza 6.

But there is no connection in the timeline between LAD and rest of the series?
It shares the same engine of Kiwami 1 IIRC. But with an expanded moveset, quests, storyline, etc. It is more in line with Kiwami 2 than the rest (other than 6 I guess).

Reactions: Le Pertti

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
It's 0 - 6, then LAD. Done.
Yes, but then there is the question of which is a remake, and which runs on which engine? This should be shown in the title.

For instance, one could use the console generation: PS3, PS4, PS4DE (with Dragon Engine), and PS5.
  • Yakuza 0: PS4
  • Yakuza 1: PS4
  • Yakuza 2:: PS4DE
  • Yakuza 3: PS3
  • Yakuza 4: PS3
  • Yakuza 5: PS3
  • Yakuza 6: PS4DE
  • Yakuza 7: PS5
:popcorncat:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Yes, but then there is the question of which is a remaster, which is a remake, and which runs on which engine?
I don't really think that matters if you want to follow the story, the order is still the same regardless.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Interesting about the Mac version of Cozy Grove on Steam, when asked the dev answered this.

We hope to have a macOS version on Steam soon, but don't have an ETA. We're hesitant to say 100% that it'll happen, because it needs a slightly different process compared to the Apple Arcade version and we don't know if there will be any unforeseen issues there - hopefully not! It's definitely high up on our radar :)
Wonder just how different the process is, I assumed that the devs could just make the Mac build available to clients and since it is cleared for Mac store it shouldn't be a big issue to get it on Steam.

Reactions: lashman
Dec 5, 2018
Yes, but then there is the question of which is a remake, and which runs on which engine? This should be shown in the title.

For instance, one could use the console generation: PS3, PS4, PS4DE (with Dragon Engine), and PS5.
Just follow Kiryu's saga (sega even made a smooth animation)

and then 7 (which is actually a ps4 game, heck the ps5 version came after the xbox series version)

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
But in terms of how modern it feels, where does Zero place? It was little jarring going from Kiwami 2 to Yakuza 3 haha. But nice to hear about Like A Dragon, might go for it after 5 while I wait for FPS boot for Yakuza 6.

But there is no connection in the timeline between LAD and rest of the series?
Finish 6 before you get to LAD

Sir Guts

Dragonslayer
Apr 11, 2019
Yakuza games should be assigned new numbers. The current titles are confusing for people new to the games.
Not at all mate. 0, kiwami, kiwami 2 and then 3, 4, 5, 6, and Like a Dragon

I do get it if people find it confusing though

Reactions: MJunioR

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019

:popcorncat:
Just to confuse this more for you. Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 came out for PS3 as well in Japan.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Not at all mate. 0, kiwami, kiwami 2 and then 3, 4, 5, 6, and Like a Dragon

I do get it if people find it confusing though
I don't even get why people get so confused, and the current titles are fine. I mean, it's much simpler than others series like Kingdom Hearts, and it's all numbered.

Also, don't play Like a Dragon before 5 and 6 if you care about Kiryu's story and don't want to get spoiled. But play Like a Dragon afterwards. Play Like a Dragon. Play Like a Dragon. Play Like a Dragon.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I don't even get why people get so confused, and the current titles are fine. I mean, it's much simpler than others series like Kingdom Hearts, and it's all numbered.

Also, don't play Like a Dragon before 5 and 6 if you care about Kiryu's story and don't want to get spoiled. But play Like a Dragon afterwards. Play Like a Dragon. Play Like a Dragon. Play Like a Dragon.
Yeah I don't think it's confusing either

There are 8 games and 5 of them are very simply numbered, it ain't confusing

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Bloodborne next. Do the Bb announce, Sony, I know you can.
Could be announced in June during their showcase. We are all in agreement that Days Gone is but an appetizer for the real thing we're all waiting for.

After Days Gone is out on PC the hunt is officially on.

• This!
Reactions: Cacher

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

Days Gone will be $49.99. It isn't coming out April 26. Trust me, I double checked the date.
Days gone the one time when Sony gave a proper regional pricing for their PC port..

Could be announced in June during their showcase. We are all in agreement that Days Gone is but an appetizer for the real thing we're all waiting for.

After Days Gone is out on PC the hunt is officially on.
It's been said multiple times. There's absolutely no chance for Sony to announce any PC port during their Playstation showcase. They explicitly said that they're concerned that they may hurt their fanbase with the ports. It'll be in a random post like today.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Gonna wait for a good sale on Days Gone. Already finished it on PS4, so not a big deal for me.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Bloodborne next. Do the Bb announce, Sony, I know you can.
Yeah June would make sense as it's e3 month (days gone will be out of the way), and if they announce BB for PS5, they might have a tweet or something for PC.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Just remember, everytime you talk about Bloodborne announcements, it gets delayed :evilblob:

I was in a Text Analysis /Machine Learning workshop this week and I'm tempted to try out some of the things I learned by creating a topic analysis for the Steam threads and get a fancy graph regarding what's discussed over time.
Who will win, Bloodborne or Anime? The important question.
(Dunno if I'd do that any time soon even if I'm motivated enough tho).

• Toucan
Reactions: Swenhir

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
Just remember, everytime you talk about Bloodborne announcements, it gets delayed :evilblob:

I was in a Text Analysis /Machine Learning workshop this week and I'm tempted to try out some of the things I learned by creating a topic analysis for the Steam threads and get a fancy graph regarding what's discussed over time.
Who will win, Bloodborne or Anime? The important question.
(Dunno if I'd do that any time soon even if I'm motivated enough tho).
That fact that a single game could beat out an entire genre makes me laugh a bit.

• Toucan
Reactions: PhaZZe and Cacher

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I don't understand why anyone expects Sony to announce any PC port at one of their Playstation events.
They have a complicated relationship with some of their fans who are at the same time the most dedicated and most toxic, and Sony surely doesn't want to upset their fragile state of mind with an announcement like that.

If EGS really wants to pressure Steam via good regional pricing, then more power to Epic. Don't like their shenanigans with exclusives, but it would be very good for PC gaming overall if someone could pressure Steam to be better about this.
On both EGS and Steam, publishers decide pricing, not the platform. The platform just suggests pricing (which is properly regionally adjusted on Steam, and probably EGS too though I don't know that first hand).

I don't think what's happening here and in a few other cases has anything to do with the platform policies, and more with the publishers simply not paying as much attention to their EGS listings just like gamers.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
EGS had regional pricing on Horizon for one more day after Sony "fixed" the pricing on the Steam version, if you truly want it for 12 bucks at launch thats your one chance lol

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
You say that as if it's a sure thing. Yes, it was fixed for China and some SA countries. But the fact is, they never fixed Horizon regional pricing for a lot of regions. It's still sub $20 dollars in 8 countries, and sub $30 in 20 countries.

Just take a look at steamdb. Horizon is never fixed on EGS too.

Status
Not open for further replies.