Community MetaSteam | April 2022 - Crossing Spring in a Galaxy Far, Far Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Since it's Aniplex-published, the localisation is probably being handled in-house. Keen to see what the official localisation of Nasu's prose will look like.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Why are you interested in Alan Wake Remaster on Steam though? For what I've seen the PC version is basically useless, no actual improvements from the original besides pre-rendered cutscenes
I know it's a case by case basis for games but when I played Alan Wake & American Nightmares for the first time like a year ago I had the game constantly crashing and it took me days upon days until I could get a semi stable like jerry rigged way to get it to play so I mean even though the remaster is semi useless in the regard of looks I'd take it for at least being slightly less complete trash

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
My steam wish list is bewitched. I have three games on it that can not remove from it. Expedition Zero, Heim and Beyond Mankind: The Awakening.
I have purchased these games but they are still on the wishlist. When i remove them from the list, they are there again the next time i open the list.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
My steam wish list is bewitched. I have three games on it that can not remove from it. Expedition Zero, Heim and Beyond Mankind: The Awakening.
I have purchased these games but they are still on the wishlist. When i remove them from the list, they are there again the next time i open the list.
Have you try to remove them from the store page?

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Something that has bugged me for a long time about the Steam mobile app.

I get a notification saying a game on my wish list is on sale. So I click on it and it takes me to the top of my wish list. Doesn’t highlight the game, doesn’t take me to the game. Just the top of the wish list.

Worst thing is I forget every time and click on the bloody thing.

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
Well dang, English confirmed. Now where is steam release
Well it turned out to be aniplex as I was expecting, it’s nice that it’s being released but I’m also terrified if they ever port it it’s gonna be region locked to hell

edit: not that there is much chance of it getting ported over imho

Last edited:
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Sackboy: A Big Adventure's SteamDB page was recently updated with fully viewable depots, has also had a number of package updates as of late for content. Possible Steam release soon? : GamingLeaksAndRumours (reddit.com)

Let's just get this over with so the more interesting stuff can come out. Ghost of Tsushima is going to do insane numbers on Steam.
Sackboy ? Forgotten in 24h.
As Madjoki and myself have said, this ain't new, it has been there since someone shared the Token ^^

Reactions: Shahem

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Well it turned out to be aniplex as I was expecting, it’s nice that it’s being released but I’m also terrified if they ever port it it’s gonna be region locked to hell

edit: not that there is much chance of it getting ported over imho
still hate the fact that I have to jump through all kinds of hoops if I want to play Fate GO because the UK and Europe don’t exist for this game.

might have to try an android emulator for this.

• Eyes

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
New Valve patent

Title:

Split rendering between a head-mounted display (HMD) and a host computer

Document Type and Number:

United States Patent 11303875

Abstract:

A rendering workload for an individual frame can be split between a head-mounted display (HMD) and a host computer that is executing an application. To split a rendering workload for a frame, the HMD may send head tracking data to the host computer, and the head tracking data may be used by the host computer to generate pixel data associated with the frame and extra data in addition to the pixel data. The extra data can include, without limitation, pose data, depth data, motion vector data, and/or extra pixel data. The HMD may receive the pixel data and at least some of the extra data, determine an updated pose for the HMD, and apply re-projection adjustments to the pixel data based on the updated pose and the received extra data to obtain modified pixel data, which is used to present an image on the display panel(s) of the HMD

PDF:

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Nasu says a lot of stuff, and people like to take it a bit too literally imho.

Imho a better question would be if Sony Music/Aniplex is willing to localize it (and this case port it) because any localization would come from them as I see it, but that's my opinion might as well be wrong.
The fate extra remake website is also in english but until something materialize I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

edit: i mean loc in other languages
I’m still worried about Aniplex distribution. They only have two games on Steam and one of them is region blocked.
Even console distribution isn’t much better. West version of Today’s Menu for Emiya family Switch rythm game is only avaible on USA but no news for European countries :-( (I had to buy it with my american eshop account).
Sony (Aniplex owner) should improve this.

• Eyes

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
New Valve patent

Title:

Split rendering between a head-mounted display (HMD) and a host computer

Document Type and Number:

United States Patent 11303875

Abstract:

A rendering workload for an individual frame can be split between a head-mounted display (HMD) and a host computer that is executing an application. To split a rendering workload for a frame, the HMD may send head tracking data to the host computer, and the head tracking data may be used by the host computer to generate pixel data associated with the frame and extra data in addition to the pixel data. The extra data can include, without limitation, pose data, depth data, motion vector data, and/or extra pixel data. The HMD may receive the pixel data and at least some of the extra data, determine an updated pose for the HMD, and apply re-projection adjustments to the pixel data based on the updated pose and the received extra data to obtain modified pixel data, which is used to present an image on the display panel(s) of the HMD

PDF:

So yeah Deckard will be stand alone for sure.

Reactions: lashman
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So....Who's next after God of War ? Sackboy or Ghost of Sushi ?
Sackboy or Uncharted (which has an internal release date for June)

If you ask me things are going to be something like this:
Sackboy > Uncharted > Ghost of Tsushima > whatever comes next
Uncharted > Sackboy > Ghost of Tsushima > whatever comes next

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Shahem

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
So A Machine for Pigs... was unrelentingly bleak and gross. It tries to touch on several historical topics. Tries.
And it's, uh, linear would be an understatement.

The Chinese Room didn't have the writing nor the game design chops to get it right.

Wouldn't recommend. Bleak, boring, and it even succeed at being too long by a margin at a small 5,7 hours, It can also be quite pretentious when it enters political commentary, well more offensive than pretentious. Offensive when you look at the importance of the topics and the quality of the game.

Hashtag
#LeanijaWasRight #LeanijaRedeemed

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
I’m still worried about Aniplex distribution. They only have two games on Steam and one of them is region blocked.
Even console distribution isn’t much better. West version of Today’s Menu for Emiya family Switch rythm game is only avaible on USA but no news for European countries :-( (I had to buy it with my american eshop account).
Sony (Aniplex owner) should improve this.
I don't really think that Sony (as a group) would step-in in any capacity, you basically have Aniplex through Aniplex.exe and their parent company Sony Music releasing games on steam and switch which imply a certain degree of freedom between divisions such as them and the PS division.
It's why Mor previously said that Sony != Playstation.

That said I would expect a NA release and that's it if they ever release it in the west, there's a reason I keep shitting on Aniplex and I kept saying I thought their Aniplex.exe initiative was shit to me as far as visual novels go. They care about the NA market and literally nothing else.
Also this is the Aniplex brach from Japan as far as I can see it (??) so eh...

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I won’t do my usual demands for classic PS games (although Patapon and Vib Ribbon would be cool).

I am really hoping for Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales and a ratchet make it over.

I don’t doubt these will eventually get released, but sooner would be preferable.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Mouse wheel broke away, the little plastic piece linking the wheel to the mechanism came off. But not the one linked to mouse click.
Tried to fix it with the bit of plastic, but there was no way it would work, tried to replace it with metal, but it was too hard and jammed it.

So I cut off a tiny piece of bamboo, glued it into the plastic wheel, and now it works. 👨‍🔧

How it felt:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Sackboy: A Big Adventure's SteamDB page was recently updated with fully viewable depots, has also had a number of package updates as of late for content. Possible Steam release soon? : GamingLeaksAndRumours (reddit.com)

Let's just get this over with so the more interesting stuff can come out. Ghost of Tsushima is going to do insane numbers on Steam.
Sackboy ? Forgotten in 24h.
aww :(
I'd much rather get Sackboy than Tsushima!

It's one of the best open-world games in recent years though?

hard disagree there imo

Too bad the DLC is effin expensive
DLC isn't worth it, it's just some extra dungeons for a side mode.
The base game though is really good.

• Eyes

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
So A Machine for Pigs... was unrelentingly bleak and gross. It tries to touch on several historical topics. Tries.
And it's, uh, linear would be an understatement.

The Chinese Room didn't have the writing nor the game design chops to get it right.

Wouldn't recommend. Bleak, boring, and it even succeed at being too long by a margin at a small 5,7 hours, It can also be quite pretentious when it enters political commentary, well more offensive than pretentious. Offensive when you look at the importance of the topics and the quality of the game.

Hashtag
#LeanijaWasRight #LeanijaRedeemed

I'm sorry :)

and also, you have no idea how much I had to laugh at these hashtags :D

Status
Not open for further replies.