Community MetaSteam | April 2023 - We destroy chaos from a galaxy far far away

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't completely understand the good review scores for Hogwarts Legacy. It's a decent fun well-made game, but it's a very basic game in many ways and perhaps a bit shallow in some parts.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I really don't get Ubisoft logic with Steam releases.
I don't think there's much to get outside of the fact Ubi is putting their back catalog back on Steam to get some extra cash. The million dollar question is whether Assassin's Creed Mirage will release on Steam day one. The new Settlers and Crew titles don't have Steam releases which means I'm not exactly getting my hopes up, but I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: lashman and yuraya

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea Grubb is smoking something with this one. No way a 30$ game with nearly 15k steam user reviews could underperform. Only been out for 3 months too. Factor in the Xbox sales and Gamepass installs...this is pretty much as good as a new ip stealth drop could do. Its an action rhythm game as well so I really doubt there was high expectations to begin with.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018

This came out today and I was interested, but watching a stream of it, it clearly is like 90% time wasted on inventory management, 10% "the game". I don't get this fascination with tiny inventories in games, in just forces you to try to min-max rather than giving you any choices, because the cost is time. Subnautica was a million times better with the max inventory space mod, I actually had to pick and choose what to take with instead of always taking the exact same bare minimum requirements. Signalis did this too: You only ever take the exact same 2 things because you need those inventory spaces, so most of the inventory/items in the game is just "don't engage with the game"

Minecraft, back when I played it a number of years ago, had a pretty good balance where you could take your required stuff, some optional stuff of your choice, and still have a pretty good chance to bring back cool stuff you found, but you were still limited. I know they've added a ton of blocks so maybe it doesn't hold up as well now though. ARPGs kind of do the same thing, they just make you waste time town-portal back and forth if you actually need to pick up everything for materials, which is about as uninteresting as inventory management can get: you aren't utilizing your inventory at all, it's just a timer where every X minutes you have to spend 1 minute doing a thing.

I get it doesn't bother some people as much as me but do the masses really enjoy it, or just put up with it? I just hate artificially wasting time and removing decisions so much with poor design.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Didn't know what to play after finishing P3P so I decided to do a replay of New Vegas. Haven't done a playthrough it in a while and now doing it on Deck.

And damn what a masterpiece this game still is. It holds up so well for a 2010 game too. The graphics obviously have aged but the writing, setting and gameplay still amazing. Getting locked 60fps on Deck with max or near max draw distance across the board at only 6TDP. Indoors is like 5hrs of battery life and outdoors it comes out to a 4.5hrs. Its an incredible experience. Fucking hell what a game to play on a portable device. A grenade going off near your character does bring the Deck to a slideshow crawl tho :ROFLMAO:

I really hope Obsidian revisits this title in the future now that they and Bethesda are under the Xbox umbrella. I know they are busy with Avowed and OW2 but this one deserves some love. Would be great if they take a small team and just remade it with Fallout 4 or Starfield graphics. Do what Sony did with Demon Souls. Make it 1:1 or as close as possible. This game will forever be in the echelon of goat RPGs.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I actually keep forgetting the Last of Us released on PC. I suppose that’s what happens when you release a bad port. You either go down in infamy like Arkham Knight or you just fade away. I hope they fix it up soon though, I hate the thought of people never getting what they payed for. Still would have preferred Jack and Dexter collection though.

Added Everspace 2 to the ever-growing backlog. It is installed, so one step closer to playing it.

The tablet version of Stardew Valley was finally updated to v1.5 at Christmas. Game was rebuilt apparently due to moving away from the previous app developer. Reinstalled it a couple of weeks back as I still haven’t done too much on the Island itself. Anyway lost 50+ hours already and halfway through my second year…

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The slim version is coming soon (probably late this year or early next) so you should of held off a little longer.
Hmm, I don’t know. If you are really interested in a PS5, late this year or worse early next is really stretching the definition of soon.

Reactions: TheTrain

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
That EGS exclusivity of Dead Island 2 is such a fucking bummer. I’d like to play this, and if it had normal release I could buy a steam key on some site like GMG or whatever for some 45 bucks as usual.
Instead this is chained to the worst client out there while costing insane 1799Kč ($85! in post-communist country!) and no way to get it for more acceptable price anywhere.

• Disapproval
Reactions: kafiend

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
We all know what the inevitable answer to being priced out of the market. A market I might add that is only the size it is becasue it was affordable for all.
Greed Capitalism fucking sucks and ALL the games companies can come suck me if they think I'm paying for their greed. Sales or Piracy no fucks given. Probably sales though because I just can't be arsed with piracy anymore.

I have no issue waiting and kind of enjoy the thought of adding to their launch failure metrics. Burn it all down.

Last edited:
  • This!
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Acidote

Omega Yul
Jun 16, 2019
Whew.

I'm so glad I finally managed to push past the barrier and get into fighting games in a serious way. They're so much fun. Can't wait for Street Fighter 6!
I love when I see people push past the barrier successfully. I've put like 1k hours between KOF13, Xrd REV 2 and SFV and I still have trouble with their respective easy CPUs. I'm just... "broken" when it comes to fighting games :ROFLMAO:

I'm done.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I love when I see people push past the barrier successfully. I've put like 1k hours between KOF13, Xrd REV 2 and SFV and I still have trouble with their respective easy CPUs. I'm just... "broken" when it comes to fighting games :ROFLMAO:

I'm done.
I'm by no means good now, I just suck a little less lol. Once you make an effort to improve your fundamentals, you'd be shocked how quickly you can climb up the ranks. Then it's all about consistency. Early on, if I played for too long I'd start getting sloppy and would get knocked back down to Bronze pretty quickly. But I eventually managed to hit Gold. I stayed there for about a second but that's all I needed for the achievement. 😂

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
No idea why a dev/pub not opting into CYC triggers me.

Battle Brothers has a bundle that supports CYC, but it's the bundle the doesn't have any of the DLC.

For a game's DLC that never really goes beyond 15%, it's why I haven't bought any of them heh.

Last edited:

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
No idea why a dev/pub not opting into CYC triggers me.

Battle Brothers has a bundle that supports CYC, but it's the bundle the didn't have any of the DLC.

For a game's DLC that never really goes beyond 15%, it's why I haven't bought any of them heh.
I understand that
On the otherhand I like Battle Brothers a lot so I was fine with buying them at their meager discount and since they're all pretty good I thought it was worth it (Except for The Blazing Desert one supposedly has a start of the game mechanic that affects things in new games so I havent gotten around to buying it)

Reactions: lashman

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I understand that
On the otherhand I like Battle Brothers a lot so I was fine with buying them at their meager discount and since they're all pretty good I thought it was worth it (Except for The Blazing Desert one supposedly has a start of the game mechanic that affects things in new games so I havent gotten around to buying it)
I may grab one, dunno which though. Thinking north.

Can't afford to buy all three at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.