Community MetaSteam | April 2023 - We destroy chaos from a galaxy far far away

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So, I recently created a big CSV with all old humble keys I'd like to give away. Is there some smart way I could enter it into Giveaway bot without having to manually create every entry? The thing is currently at nearly 400 lines (it's not actually 400 games, more like 150 each, since it splits games to 2 lines, with a new line in between, but it's still far too big to go over it manually)
Would love a CSV import function for the Giveaway bot. Quite tiresome to add a game at a time
i don't think there is a way to do that, sadly :(

Valdien?

• Sad
Reactions: Mivey
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Reactions: bobnowhere

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Probably fake, but if they can hit sub-$700 on a device that is supposedly doing “double” the Deck’s performance, it will find a market and basically kills the Chinese gaming handheld market (outside of China).

There is a lot to like about the device, other than the hideous ROG design. eGPU support is the big thing - these handheld PCs could replace desktop or big screen gaming for most people provided you can attach a GPU powerful enough to drive your display when docked.

Hoping Valve looks at some sort of eGPU support for the next Deck.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Sony execs had to have had a light bulb go off in their heads by now.

They see their own developers advertising the Steam Deck on Twitter.

They see their own developers actively working on PC/Deck.

They see how many people love a powerful device like that.

They see Nintendo sell over 100 million units of a hybrid handheld device. And it will probably break the PS2 sales record.

Sony has to greenlight a handheld device. It would be so dumb if they don't.

They have a really good opportunity with their legacy titles too. Imagine a handheld that can play PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PS5 games. That would make it 100x more appealing than a Vita or PSP. Make it an all digital device if you have to. Wtvr the Deck is great just do the same thing and partner with AMD for a new chip. We could seriously have a three way handheld race in the next couple of years. Deck 2 vs Switch 2 vs new PS portable. All three device would have their own unique strengths as well. Damn its good time to be handheld gamer :) If Xbox gets too jealous you know Phil is gonna push for a gamepass handheld too. That shit makes so much sense.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
I got grouped in a Halo 2 match today.

There were 3 dude chilling, talking smack and reminiscing about old days of Halo, on the voice chat. It was really really nice.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! kafiend is giving away 7 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Apr 5, 2023 at 12:45 PM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

I have accumulated lots of keys and haven't given them away for ages. I a bit busy with stuff and things so I'll do more keys later.
If we suffering from folks just grabbing everything then I'll tell folks what there is to be given and pass them to the talkative ones and those that keep this place fun :)

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Jeez, people were not joking about P5R September boss. I just wasted an afternoon on him and crickets.
Fortunately I have ample time to level up my characters and baton pass.
I was there like two weeks ago. Truly disastrous boss design. After a few hours of trying, I said fuck it and checked the guides. I ended up
changing the game difficulty to the highest possible because, for some reason on this difficulty, you deal higher damage when you hit enemies with their weak affinity and another thing was to change accessories on everyone to give them spells they could not use before so I could baton pass through the whole party to deal much higher damage

The worst part is that I could breeze through the whole game without an issue, even this palace was very easy until of course, I encountered the boss.

Reactions: Li Kao and C-Dub

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I was there like two weeks ago. Truly disastrous boss design. After a few hours of trying, I said fuck it and checked the guides. I ended up
changing the game difficulty to the highest possible because, for some reason on this difficulty, you deal higher damage when you hit enemies with their weak affinity and another thing was to change accessories on everyone to give them spells they could not use before so I could baton pass through the whole party to deal much higher damage

The worst part is that I could breeze through the whole game without an issue, even this palace was very easy until of course, I encountered the boss.
I’m surprised they didn’t fix it for the remaster.

I’m not opposed to a hard boss and I see what they were going for, but it runs totally counter to the cadence of the game up to and after that point that it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I’m surprised they didn’t fix it for the remaster.

I’m not opposed to a hard boss and I see what they were going for, but it runs totally counter to the cadence of the game up to and after that point that it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Unless I'm mistaken, or more appropriately read some stupid take on the internet, wasn't the original dungeon hated but not the boss and Atlus did the opposite for Royal ?

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
The lawsuit does seem very stupid, but isn't this pretty standard trademark defense? I'm certainly no expert though. Either way, it must be really distressing to be targeted by a big company like this.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Reactions: thekeats1999

Spookyfriend

Jan 27, 2019
Received a email from Razer , hmm is it the replaced resident evil key?
Nope it is just a email about the Razer Gold Account Summary :poop:

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Rin

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
The lawsuit does seem very stupid, but isn't this pretty standard trademark defense? I'm certainly no expert though. Either way, it must be really distressing to be targeted by a big company like this.
Yeah. They went after Ubisoft for the same reason.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
80% off, even more if you got Subscriber discount

Get it for +1 in your library before it gets delisted. Or don't if you don't like GaaS game
Keys are exhausted.
So not only did i pay money for marvel trash, i won't get the marvel trash :AnnoyedKawakami:

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
I can't believe my parody SpaceBourne 2 review is the one that decided to go viral.

I was so blown over by the game that I just had to quickly put something down to help raise awareness.

Guess it clicked 'cause I got 3 emails from Valve saying the review earned a cumulative 315 Community Awards and subsequently 210,000 Steam Points for my trouble, lol.

Contrast to some dedicated & insightful, if not longwinded, Steam reviews I wrote with too much time on my hands during the Covid lockdown doldrums. Wall of text stuff like StationFlow and The Longing. Those barely got any traction.

I always did struggle with economy of words.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I still have a month of 6€, so even if on a first look I'm only really interested in Death Stranding that's still a no-brainer.
Unless 505 did some weird shit again with that version.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Seems like people are having issues redeeming Death Stranding Director's Cut if you already own the old version of the game.

So be wary of that.

Workaround seems to be to delete the old version of the game from your library, redeem the new one, then bring back the old version.

Last edited:

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! Falexandre is giving away 1 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Apr 5, 2023 at 6:35 PM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

From Humble Choice

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Any recommendations for a new controller while I am in the states? Mainly PC use with some mobile/switch maybe.

Especially for no drifting joysticks. Wireless.

Added: coming from DS4 high usage since my xbox one broke fast af.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Any recommendations for a new controller while I am in the states? Mainly PC use with some mobile/switch maybe.

I've used multiple controllers, Dualshock 4, Dualsense, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox XSX, Switch Pro, and many others, and I think the XSX controller is the best I've used so far. No controller will guarantee you no drift unless you buy something with hall sensors.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020

It feels like options are really limited for controllers. For PC/Mobile/Switch, I can only think of 8bitdo which a lot of folks swear by if you are wanting something other than a DS4/5, Xbox, or Nintendo Pro controller, I have the Pro 1 and it is fine, but I still ever so slightly prefer either my Xbox XSX controller or DS4 controller. The only controller I know that has Hall Effect sensors is the GuliKit, but I have heard mixed reviews on it.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
It feels like options are really limited for controllers. For PC/Mobile/Switch, I can only think of 8bitdo which a lot of folks swear by if you are wanting something other than a DS4/5, Xbox, or Nintendo Pro controller, I have the Pro 1 and it is fine, but I still ever so slightly prefer either my Xbox XSX controller or DS4 controller. The only controller I know that has Hall Effect sensors is the GuliKit, but I have heard mixed reviews on it.
Was just looking at the gulikit. One of the 8bit supposedly has the same hall sensors provided by gulikit.

I hate the switch pro controller lol.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Agony VR releases tomorrow but seems Succubus VR is banned from Steam

edited with english source:

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: madjoki

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Was just looking at the gulikit. One of the 8bit supposedly has the same hall sensors provided by gulikit.

I hate the switch pro controller lol.
Yeah it looks like the 8bitdo Ultimate has Hall Effect, I missed that news! I will say I do like the 8bitdo pro controller I have.

Agony VR releases tomorrow but seems Succubus VR is banned from Steam
Surprised since non-VR Succubus is for sale on Steam, I wonder if there are material differences from the base game...

Also...

Yes...let's go to platform that outright blocks both adult content and most VR :huhblob:

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Yeah it looks like the 8bitdo Ultimate has Hall Effect, I missed that news! I will say I do like the 8bitdo pro controller I have.

Surprised since non-VR Succubus is for sale on Steam, I wonder if there are material differences from the base game...
Yep, that said 2018 Agony's release was quite controversial too -cause investors according to Madmind Studios-.
They had to release unrated version soon after the original censored edition.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021

3BitDo Ultimate Bluetooth has everything you asked for. Hall sensors for no drift, works with Switch, PC and Android, Bluetooth and 2.4g connection, extra triggers on the back and comes with the coolest charging dock. Go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.