Community MetaSteam | April 2023 - We destroy chaos from a galaxy far far away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!
  • Glad to have you back, lashman, huge hugs.

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™

The story of Cal Kestis continues in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor™, a third-person, galaxy-spanning, action-adventure game from Respawn Entertainment, developed in collaboration with Lucasfilm Games. This narratively driven, single-player title picks up 5 years after the events of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™ and follows Cal’s increasingly desperate fight as the galaxy descends further into darkness. Pushed to the edges of the galaxy by the Empire, Cal will find himself surrounded by threats new and familiar. As one of the last surviving Jedi Knights, Cal is driven to make a stand during the galaxy’s darkest times — but how far is he willing to go to protect himself, his crew, and the legacy of the Jedi Order?

LIVE A LIVE

LIVE A LIVE, originally only released for the Super Famicom in Japan, is being revived on Steam! Experience this legendary RPG, brought to life in the same HD-2D visual style as OCTOPATH TRAVELER.

Meet seven heroes, each with their own unique abilities and lives to live across different time periods. Experience their stories in any order you choose, uncovering shocking developments along the way:

• Prehistory: A tribesman comes of age in a world without words.
  • The Wild West: A wanderer with a bounty on his head fights for his life.
  • Imperial China: A kung fu master searches for a worthy successor.
  • Twilight of Edo Japan: A shinobi undertakes an important secret mission.
  • Present Day: A martial artist strives to become the strongest there ever was.
  • The Near Future: A youth with psychic powers takes a stand against evil.
  • The Distant Future: A newly built robot is swept up in a tragedy in space.

Featuring remastered music from original composer Yoko Shimomura and produced by Takashi Tokita (the director of the original game), this remake retains everything that players loved about the original while also being accessible to newcomers.

Crab Champions

Crab Champions is a fast paced shooter with roguelike elements. Travel across exotic islands defeating hordes of enemies and collecting loot, becoming as powerful as possible!

Play solo or with up to 3 other players, collecting loot, making an overpowered build and defeating fearsome enemies!

Meet Your Maker

You are the Custodian of the Chimera, a living experiment created as a last resort to save life on Earth. Enter a tactical battle for the planet’s most coveted resource and the key to your Chimera’s evolution: pure Genetic Material. Construct and fortify brutal Outposts to extract and guard your Genmat. Infiltrate and outsmart other players’ Outposts to gather more. Adapt, upgrade, and evolve... or die trying.

Build a maze of devious deathtraps designed to lure, outwit, and kill trespassing players. Combine a huge array of customizable blocks, traps, and guards. Pre-record custom patrol paths for your guards with the innovative AI recording system. Share your Outposts and watch other players take them on. Reap rewards from those who die, learn how to strengthen your creation from those who live, and never lose progress or resources by being raided.

Road 96: Mile 0

Road 96: Mile 0 is a Narrative-Adventure game with a musical component created by DigixArt, the French studio behind the successful Road 96, 11-11 Memories Retold and 5 Pegases Awards winner. Published by Ravenscourt, players will alternate between the roles of Zoe and Kaito, two teenagers with different backgrounds and beliefs. They live and explore White Sands, a luxurious condominium where Petria´s elite reside and where Kaito´s parents work.

Zoe is one of the characters of Road 96. She comes from the rich side of the city and her father works for the government. Kaito, a character from Lost in Harmony, lives in the less privileged area. They're good friends, but that could all change quite soon.
Their journey in Road 96: Mile 0 will challenge their friendship and everything they believe in. They say money doesn’t buy happiness, nor friendship. These teens are dreamers and they are going to learn where they belong. Will they remain friends?

Sherlock Holmes The Awakened

Experience a nerve-racking Lovecraftian adventure, rebuilt from the ground up with modern graphics and gameplay. Become Sherlock Holmes, and find yourself at the heart of the terrifying Cthulhu Mythos as you investigate a series of mysterious disappearances in Europe and the US.

A Lovecraft meets Sherlock Holmes crossover, The Awakened puts you up against the legendary Cthulhu Mythos. Investigate a series of mysterious disappearances, apparently linked to a dark cult that worships an Ancient God. Whatever their plan is, you must put a stop to it… or face unspeakable consequences.

For the first time in his life, Sherlock is truly afraid. A man of rationale and reason, he faces an otherworldly entity that defies all logic, and this discovery is as enlightening as it is shattering. The pursuit of the truth pushes Sherlock to the verge of madness, and it’s the only story that Watson will never publish.
Taking place in 1882, The Awakened lifts the curtain on how Sherlock and John, mere roommates at the time, became the world-famous crime-solving duo.

Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Vol. 1 and 2

The Battle Network is back! Get ready to jack in to the net to face off against deadly enemy programs in electrifying grid based battles, and search the net for rare and powerful BattleChips to build the ultimate deck of special moves!

The renowned Mega Man Battle Network series, which has expanded into anime and comics, is back in the Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection. Volume 1 includes four action-packed games from Mega Man Battle Network to both versions of Mega Man Battle Network 3, plus additional features like a gallery of illustrations and music! In addition, online play is supported!

In 200X, the rapid advancement of Internet technology has created the “network age.” People have come to enjoy the benefits of network technology through portable exploration devices called “PET” and personality simulation programs called NetNavi. As the network world expands and life becomes more convenient, however, network crime is raging. Main character Lan Hikari and his NetNavi, MegaMan.EXE, join forces to confront these incidents.

Minecraft Legends

Experience an epic legend from the Minecraft universe and the Overworld as you’ve never seen it before.

Form alliances with new friends and familiar mobs, then lead the charge in epic battles against the fierce piglins to defend the Overworld.

Traverse a lush, dynamic world that’s rich in resources and different in each playthrough.

Challenge your friends or team up in intense battles as you defend your village while leading your units to destroy your opponents’ settlements.

Evil Dead: The Game

The ultimate Evil Dead multiplayer experience is here… and it’s groovy!

Step into the shoes of Ash Williams or his friends from the iconic Evil Dead franchise and work together in a game loaded with over-the-top co-op and PVP multiplayer action! Play as a team of four survivors, exploring, looting, managing your fear, and finding key items to seal the breach between worlds in a game inspired by all three original Evil Dead films as well as the STARZ original Ash vs Evil Dead television series.

Iconic Characters - Play as characters from throughout the Evil Dead universe, including Ash, Scotty, Lord Arthur, Kelly Maxwell, & more, with new dialogue performed by Bruce Campbell & others!

The Mageseeker: A League of Legends Story™

Developed by Digital Sun, creators of Moonlighter, The Mageseeker: A League of Legends Story™ is an action RPG that takes place in the League of Legends universe. In the kingdom of Demacia, the Mageseekers hold the power to oppress magic-using citizens in the name of public order–by inducting and indoctrinating them, locking them away, or driving them into hiding.

Play as Sylas, a spell-stealing mage who has just broken free of his unjust captivity at the Mageseekers’ hands. Wielding the chains that once bound you, you must liberate your homeland from tyranny, one Mageseeker at a time.

It’s time to unshackle the magic.

Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly

In a time where people are isolated from each other, Coffee Talk is a place where we can reconnect over a cup of warm drink.

It’s time to revisit your favorite late-night coffee shop and reconnect with your fantasy friends over a warm drink or two. You are a barista, and your customers aren't always humans, listen to their stories and influence their hearts with a warm cup of coffee or two.

CHAOS!!

I'm going to kill chaos!

Trinity Trigger

Step into the world of Trinity Trigger, an all-new action role-playing game combining the look and feel of iconic RPGs of the ‘90s with a modern emphasis on fast-paced, customizable combat. As Cyan, a young man burdened by the gods with the mantle of Warrior of Chaos and an inevitable clash against the Warrior of Order, players will set out on a grand adventure to defy fate and save Trinitia. Cyan and his companions Elise and Zantis are accompanied by strange creatures known as Triggers that can transform into eight types of weapons, and players can switch freely between the three characters to implement a solo combat strategy, or team up with up to two friends for local co-op.

Together, they will write a new destiny.

Desta: The Memories Between (Dream Team Edition)

From the creators of Monument Valley, Desta: The Memories Between is a heartfelt strategy game where you fall into a mysterious dreamworld. Grab your emotionally-charged ball, track your opponent's strategy and work tactically with your ultimate dream-team to throw the best shot and get to the heart of the conversation.

Desta: The Memories Between combines ustwo games’ approach to character storytelling with distinctive team-based tactics and physics gameplay, featuring strategic chess-like play with perfect physics precision.

Dream Team Edition is the digital collector’s edition of the narrative tactics game - compiling all major content updates together, including all characters, new game modes (including Challenge Mode and Nightmare Mode), as well a complete game soundtrack composed by acclaimed UK Artist Mansur Brown and a beautiful Digital Art Book! This is the ultimate bundle for fans of ustwo games!

The Last Case of Benedict Fox

Descend into a limbo of decaying memories as Benedict Fox, a self-proclaimed detective bound to his demon companion. Use that unholy bond to explore the minds of the recently deceased in search of clues as you uncover the mysteries of a massive, decrepit mansion — the site to a young couple's grisly murder, and the disappearance of their child. Immerse yourself in a dark, intriguing world full of secret organizations, forbidden rituals, and cold-blooded crimes in an arcane adventure brought to life through a fascinating Burton-esque art style.

Fight demons, explore the subconscious, and solve elaborate puzzles in a labyrinthian adventure inspired by Lovecraft's nightmares, noir pulp fiction, and early 20th-century jazz music.

Bramble: The Mountain King

Bramble The Mountain King takes you on a gripping and unsettling journey through stunning environments. Take on the role of Olle, a young boy setting off to rescue his sister, kidnapped by a dreaded troll.

Not everything in Bramble is exactly how it seems - in this strange land with creatures big and small, you must be careful when to approach and when to hide. Many hungry and spiteful beasts lurk in these forests and caves. Watch your step....

Call upon the Spark of Courage, an enchanted fragment granting the gifts you need to endure the pitfalls and trials in your path. Defeat the horrid creatures you encounter in different and unique ways. Be warned, courage without kindness can take you down a dark path.

Roots of Pacha

Discover, gather, and farm vegetables and herbs. Explore the surrounding wilderness to find animals to befriend and domesticate; fish the shallow and deep waters to see what lies in their depths; and mine the darkest caves filled with mysteries and secret powers.

Begin your journey of discovery as you develop the tools and ideas that reshaped the primitive world. Learn to process and preserve food (meat, vegetarian, and vegan options), begin metalworking, create beautiful pottery and art, unlock your clan’s spirituality, and invent new buildings to expand your village any way you want.

A tight-knit community of people will ensure your village’s survival, each with their own fears and dreams. Develop friendships and overcome hardships together. Grow your village by inviting people from other clans to live with you. Participate in primitive festivals and rituals to Pacha, mother nature, and her elements. And when the time comes, find your true love.

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
Nice work as usual Mor !

Very interested how much improved Jedi Survivor will be over Fallen Order.
I very much enjoyed it but it felt very small in its cast and consequences.
And in mechanics also.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
New month already? God damn time flies.

Toxicitizen said:
Yeah, there's something seriously wrong with TLoU. I'm usually pretty lucky with bad ports but this one won't stop crashing on me.
What is your memory setup? Specifically, how much RAM and VRAM do you have and how is your windows page file setup?

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Another banger OP, Mor !
Nice to see the next Jedi game, Reminds me, though that I still need to continue my playthrough of the first one.
This is the thread Lashman will post links to Kingdom Hearts Steam pages.
This is the thread where I will continue to laugh about people expecting a KH release this year.

Reactions: lashman

Fluffpuff

Jul 20, 2021
Super tempted to grab that Survivor like bundle from Humble. Anyone have any input on the games?
I've been playing a lot of Boneraiser Minions lately (33 hrs and counting) and like it more than Vampire Survivors (53 hrs). It can be visually abrasive at first, but the art style grew on me the more I played. There are visibility options if the screen looks too busy and chaotic.

In Vampire Survivors it felt like the characters all played the same and could easily get the same broken build. In Boneraiser Minions, each character has a skill tree that provides unique flavor. There's one that relies on a horde of level 1 minions, another encourages you to bump into enemies when your health is high, another absorbs minions' abilities instead of raising them. And each one has relics and spells that compliment their playstyle. Definitely recommend if you like the bullet heaven games but want something that isn't a carbon copy of Vampire Survivors.

Reactions: xinek

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Thanks for the new thread.
The first month in time I'm only interested in one game and not so sure about it.
Let's see what dropped releases we get.

I'm spending a lot of time with Steam as a emulator launcher. Love it. I'm adding games time to time.

Nice, I was waiting this game to be added on Steam. I was reading a Twitter thread about it few days ago. I thought it was going to stay as fan game ^^.

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Ark Survival Ascended = UE5 version of Ark 1, late August, and doesn't seem like there'll be an upgrade path?
There has to be some type of upgrade path if they are shutting down the UE4 game/servers. There is still a lot of people playing the game (60k concurrent today).

I've been wanting to install Ark since they gave it away for free with all the DLC but the install size is stupid big. I wonder if UE5 version will make the install even bigger.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
There has to be some type of upgrade path if they are shutting down the UE4 game/servers. There is still a lot of people playing the game (60k concurrent today).

I've been wanting to install Ark since they gave it away for free with all the DLC but the install size is stupid big. I wonder if UE5 version will make the install even bigger.
They're shutting down official servers, but distributing the data to the players, with players being able to continue playing either offline or making their own servers, apparently.

Apparently they're gonna sell a bundle with the upgraded version + Ark 2. The expansions from the first game are gonna be sold separately for the upgraded version too, and those will be followed by new expansions, I think?

Xbox Series S/X and PC players will only be able to get it via an ultimate-value bundle known as the
ARK Respawned Bundle. This bundle includes ownership of both ARK: Survival Ascended AND ARK 2 and will be priced at $49.99
. This bundle will be available to purchase from the end of August for up to 1 year (after which ARK: Survival Ascended and ARK 2 will be sold separately). Additionally, the bundle will provide players access to an exclusive 1-month closed-beta to ARK 2 in 2024 before the rest of the general public can play ARK 2.

All the expansion packs will be sold separately on all platforms:
  • $19.99 for Explorer’s Pass, which includes Scorched Earth, Aberration (Q4 2023), and Extinction (Q1 2024).
  • $19.99 for Genesis Pass, which includes Genesis Part 1 (Q1 2024) and Genesis Part 2 (Q2 2024).
We plan to release a new canonical-story expansion pack for ARK: Survival Ascended that will be available in Q4 2023. This DLC will feature four new creatures, which we’ll share more details about later this year!

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So if you want to update your game you have to preorder an entirely different game? Seems like a blatant and shitty money grab lol.

Probably better to just wait to see how the sequel turns out next year. The last time I played Ark was during a free weekend in the early days of the game. It was fun n all but not something I'm willing to pay 40$ just to mess around with the UE5 version for a few hours. Maybe there will be enough community blowback where they change this strategy. I mean even a basic 5-10$ upgrade fee would be more reasonable than this bs.

TheGreenArrow

Ask me about my podcast damn it
Nov 20, 2018
www.thecellarletters.com
I've been playing a lot of Boneraiser Minions lately (33 hrs and counting) and like it more than Vampire Survivors (53 hrs). It can be visually abrasive at first, but the art style grew on me the more I played. There are visibility options if the screen looks too busy and chaotic.

In Vampire Survivors it felt like the characters all played the same and could easily get the same broken build. In Boneraiser Minions, each character has a skill tree that provides unique flavor. There's one that relies on a horde of level 1 minions, another encourages you to bump into enemies when your health is high, another absorbs minions' abilities instead of raising them. And each one has relics and spells that compliment their playstyle. Definitely recommend if you like the bullet heaven games but want something that isn't a carbon copy of Vampire Survivors.
Dang that sounds great. Im in.

• Gib
Reactions: xinek

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Star Wars and maybe Benedict Fox for me this month if the reviews are good. Maybe bramble as well if I like the demo.

Currently on my second RE4 playthrough.
Tempted to get Sifu.
I'm still in the castle on my first playthrough. Boss pushing overtime because of holidays coming up. All work and no play :(

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I got gifted TLoU and won't be back till the 10th but I don't even think my PC can handle it...

Shader comp probably eat my PC alive by the looks of it (I7 3770k, gtx 1070, 32gb ram).

If I refund a gift for the money to back to them?

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I got gifted TLoU and won't be back till the 10th but I don't even think my PC can handle it...

Shader comp probably eat my PC alive by the looks of it (I7 3770k, gtx 1070, 32gb ram).

If I refund a gift for the money to back to them?
The way gift refunding works is, if you havent accepted the gift decline it the giftee than can refund it through steam

If you accepted the gift and haven't played 2 hours and it hasnt been 2 weeks you can then do the standard "Return" process on your end through steam for the game HOWEVER then the PERSON who gifted it to you needs to then go through the same process of returning it through steam

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Thanks for the thread!

I'm excited about Trinity Trigger since I learned that it has local coop. (the selection of games in the A/JRPG genre with that feature is pretty damn small!)

Also, why didn't S-E put up a Stranger of Paradise Steam page by now? Oh wait, it's S-E.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Thanks for the thread.
It's Star Rail month for me. Very much looking forward to it.

Thanks for the thread!

I'm excited about Trinity Trigger since I learned that it has local coop. (the selection of games in the A/JRPG genre with that feature is pretty damn small!)

Also, why didn't S-E put up a Stranger of Paradise Steam page by now? Oh wait, it's S-E.
Because Chaos. The answer is always Chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.