Community MetaSteam | April 2024 - Definitely there's no rest for the wicked.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Just finished Fallout, looks beautiful, but It is boring and the writing is pretty bad.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
ERA can't be bothered to answer, so about the new ad shit on Prime : do the ads play before the content or can they interrupt it ?

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Looking at that Contra DLC for Vampire Survivors....and it actually looks incredible.

• 11 gun-slinging characters
  • 22 new weapons between base versions and evolutions. They're not all guns - some of them trigger explosions too!
  • 1 large stage and 1 bonus stage
  • 13 music tracks directly from the Contra series and 6 brand new covers
  • An explosively silly 6-chapters Adventure
Only 2.49$

Kind of funny how we get these silly crossovers. Dead Cells X Castlevania and now Vampire Surivors X Contra.

Konami is in such a friendly and gaming mood as of late. Wonder what else indie teams can work with them for.

Bloober doing Silent Hill 2 remake is still pretty crazy and weird to me.

Lets get Bomberman and Metal Gear crossovers going as well. Some indie team out there with a reputation wants to or is making an isometric stealth game...go ahead and call Konami. Can't hurt to try.

Lets get a Splinter Cell X Metal Gear crossover and let anyone make it except Ubisoft/Konami pls lol.
They announced V Rising collab with Castlevania too. Legacy of Castlevania.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
ERA can't be bothered to answer, so about the new ad shit on Prime : do the ads play before the content or can they interrupt it ?
I don't think I've watched anything on Prime since they put ads on it, so can't answer for sure. I was going to watch Fallout this morning, then realized I wouldn't have enough time before I needed to leave for the day, but the ad that played had a little blurb before it that thanked the sponsor and made it sound like it would only play before the video.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
My personal favourite since you mentioned how we eliminated an enemy faction a few days ago.

At least you get to play against them now.
Lol, that was good. Yeah, game is great. I need to go to sleep soon but kinda want to play another session. :D Especially when people are rallying to defend Matar Bay against the current invasion.

Reactions: lashman

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Konami is in such a friendly and gaming mood as of late. Wonder what else indie teams can work with them for.
Konami execs are probably happy that there are indies that want to license their IP for games like Vampire Slayer so they can make free money.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Konami execs are probably happy that there are indies that want to license their IP for games like Vampire Slayer so they can make free money.
it's a win win situation for all tbh

Users get really good quality content and fresh products
Developers can work on some of their favorite IPs via new games or collaborations
Konami gets paid for such work

:blobevening:

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
Shame, was looking forward to a nice Fallout tv show. This, LOTR and Wheel of Time are just super meh. Their 'smaller' shows are so much better.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Shame, was looking forward to a nice Fallout tv show. This, LOTR and Wheel of Time are just super meh. Their 'smaller' shows are so much better.
What are those smaller shows ? Asking for a friend.

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
What are those smaller shows ? Asking for a friend.
Small in comparison to what I posted, but The Boys, Reacher, Invincible are straight up good. Terminal List, Upload are ok. I'm sure there are many more, especially non-English.

• Hug

einstellung

Dec 31, 2018
Yes, they place ads both before and during content. The ad breaks have been 20 to 90 seconds in my experience. I have only watched season 1 of Invincible since the ads were added. Edit: From memory: The pre-roll ad is usually shorter, and there's generally two ad breaks during an episode. This is in the US.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Love
Reactions: PC-tan and Li Kao

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Anyone wants this?

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

• Toucan
Reactions: Ge0force

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
2nd this, Fallout 76 Winstore codes and Xbox

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Are there seriously ads now playing if you pay for the subscription?
That just makes me want to cancel my sub and pirate things instead

Small in comparison to what I posted, but The Boys, Reacher, Invincible are straight up good. Terminal List, Upload are ok. I'm sure there are many more, especially non-English.
The Boys is by far and away amazon's biggest show, bigger than Lord of the Rings even

• This!
Reactions: Durante

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
The Boys is by far and away amazon's biggest show, bigger than Lord of the Rings even
I was talking about hype going into season 1 and cost. The Boys blew up after the first season for sure. I mean that season 1 trailer had most of us hooked but ye.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I was getting slightly bored with Dragons Dogma 2... so I didn't really pay attention, so now everyone is dead! The game warned me about the plague several times but I thought it would be something that I had control over once it became actually dangerous, did not expect it to kill everyone in game bloody amazing!

• Toucan
Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I hope they add more in depth crafting. I weirdly enjoyed the manual potion brewing in the first game and they still let you auto craft stuff if you got bored by it.

They also desperately have to fix the combat. I know 1st person melee is difficult to pull off but whatever that mess was in the first game wasn't it at all. It always looked like a bunch of janky flailing around.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Well that's disappointing.
I mean this is where the "I wish there was more than just Negative & Positive reviews for steam existed" sort of statement existed. The game was made by a pretty tiny development team and by that scope and scale what they've done it's pretty cool.

This was posted today on their discord by the Founder of the studio

Also this is from their discord and from their Sound Engineer who did their soundtrack and most of the sounds etc:

I think one of the biggest things is they probably needed a bigger pool of constructive feedback overall but the active pool to grab from in terms of that didn't give the best feedback or what

I mean I tried my best to help Lol when I got asked to playtest

I just sort of hope it doesn't get eternally shit on by steam, and it looks like they're doing their best to fix it up

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Fallout drama episode 1 spoiler
That guy was rocking a Rock-it Launcher lmaaaaaaaooooo

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I'm currently playing Afterimage and have some very strong thoughts about it but right now I only want to complain about the absolute idiocy that is the map design/progression in this game. Not only there's no indication of where you should be going next or what's your next objective but you're forced to constantly jump around between levels in a nonsensical order just because. One of these things is bad enough from a game design standpoint but both in conjunction is just maddening.
Image the alphabet and you're in B and want to get to D, you'd imagine the sequence would be B -> C -> D or maybe a bit more convoluted but understandable like B -> C -> E -> D. Well forget all that... you need to go to G and then X and then L and then back to A and then C only to find a closed door so you better go to Z and then N, and pray you didn't miss any special ability along the way or it's back to square one because fuck you. It makes absolutely no sense that you need to go from one extreme of the map to the other just to jump back and bounce around every single zone just to move a centimeter forward, it's driving me insane.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

It's the same thing that happened with the Dodo, tourists are going to drive it to extinction. /S

But yeah it's sad though. What's even more messed up is that a lot of those people aren't ever going to actually play the games since they are in Japanese. From what I have seen even Retro game corp bought some which is sad. In the video they even mentioned how they went to smaller places to pick up the games.

This is messed up since now even less people are going to be able to play these games. I wonder if this means that even more people will turn towards emulation and roms. There are already people that do that in Japan, so I'm guessing the numbers will only grow over the years since it will not be as easily in the future to just go to a retro store and buy a console for cheap and also buy cheap games. They are slowly turning into the ugly mess that is American retro game stores.

In the future a CIB copy of Pocketmonster Red will cost you over ¥10,000 when previously it was under ¥3,000 a few years ago. Even when it was ¥3,000 yen it Japan it was well over $100 in the US just for the cartridge alone.

I have a lot of different thoughts towards this but I just think the end result is not good.

Years from now a lot of older "classic" Japanese games may well be forgotten? Which technically already seems to be the case for stuff like Japanese films. A lot of people don't even seem to know who Akira Kurosawa is. Only Weebs and Otakus outside of Japan will seem to remember this things in the next 30 years from now. It's now year 2050, Yoko Taro is now passed away, do people remember Drag-on Dragoon. They didn't bring the series back it was never released digitally and those old retro copies are now horded up in the homes of collectors.