Community MetaSteam | April 2024 - Definitely there's no rest for the wicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
well, that triple-I showcase was extremely underwhelming imo, though I can't say I'm shocked that the selection of games didn't align much with my tastes given that the main sponsors were all roguelite devs afaik. RKGK was easily the highlight

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
For what little it's worth I never heard of it either but I've essentially tuned out most indies by default. A hundred of them come out on any given day and if there's even 1 of them that makes any impact at all then that's a pretty ambitious day for the space. But considering it was a devolver game you'd expect these to make a slightly bigger splash than the stuff that gets dumped out onto storefronts every single day.

• Toucan
  • Doubt
Reactions: kio and Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Why is The Rogue Prince of Persia purple? Can't have brown heroes all over again?

I thought it from the trailer's start given the themes but unaware of the IP used I figured they'll reach to explain it in fantasy races but, it's freaking POP, lol.

I heard about Children of the Sun from my Steam queue so clearly it didn't have massive coverage. Having had articles posted up in some big media doesn't mean much if it wasn't among their top stories, like some news story being tucked away in the last few pages of a paper, they clearly prop up some stuff more.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Why is The Rogue Prince of Persia purple? Can't have brown heroes all over again?

I thought it from the trailer's start given the themes but unaware of the IP used I figured they'll reach to explain it in fantasy races but, it's freaking POP, lol.
could be an homage to the original game, either way it looks nice and there's no need to assume any ill intentions from it.

For what little it's worth I never heard of it either but I've essentially tuned out most indies by default. A hundred of them come out on any given day and if there's even 1 of them that makes any impact at all then that's a pretty ambitious day for the space. But considering it was a devolver game you'd expect these to make a slightly bigger splash than the stuff that gets dumped out onto storefronts every single day.
this is just the ol' "indie games aren't real games" argument with more words...

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I'm guessing it's the usual unrealistic expectations from big publishers like EA, and not wanting just "some money", but "all of the money"?
Truth be told, the game unfortunately didn't set the charts on fire.
The game was sandwiched between Callisto Protocol and RE4 and the poor performance on PC probably put off a lot of potential buyers on that platform.

Reactions: ezodagrom

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
could be an homage to the original game
Whatever version you played I guess isn't the original as he wasn't purple in it. Guess they're paying homage to some random specific version, makes sense.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Seems like Jeff Grubb was wrong (yet again).
Wrong in the sense that it seems a remake of Dead Space 2 was never really planned by people at Motive. I can kind of see it. The second game holds up much better than the first one did, and I could see the team wanting to do new things instead of continuing on an old franchise

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Hikaru Utada has released a new recording of Kingdom Hearts theme song “Hikari” (光).

time for Kingdom Hearts on steam right?.
I have been listening to her songs again recently! Her Youtube channel has been re-uploading all her previous songs in upscaled 4k version. Today she released a best of album of her songs in new versions. The releases coincides with her 25th anniversary of her carrier.

Reactions: thekeats1999

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
The Fallout series is getting good reviews:

With 50 reviews in, it is sitting at 92% fresh.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Whatever version you played I guess isn't the original as he wasn't purple in it. Guess they're paying homage to some random specific version, makes sense.
I think it mostly depended on the graphics card? you had at the time or whatever? (Sorry I'm not super fucking old) it was available to go up to
VGA 256-colour graphics

EGA 16-colour graphics

CGA 4-colour graphics

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018

I mean I'll watch it for Walton Goggins, but otherwise I don't think it'll be that good from a gamer's perspective.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Will be watching for Kyle MacLachlan

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019

This is good to hear. I don't usually like video game adaptations, but this one looks really fun.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I think it mostly depended on the graphics card? you had at the time or whatever? (Sorry I'm not super fucking old) it was available to go up to
VGA 256-colour graphics

EGA 16-colour graphics

CGA 4-colour graphics
Looks like those are all a year after the original on Apple II which says 1989 on the title screen. No GPU choice there afaIk.

Would be weird to choose to homage the second to worst setting of any given system version other than the first though.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

I can probably say this now, but I was asked to playtest broken roads

It was pretty fun but there was some stuff that was kind of clunky and made me wish I could like... do stuff that I just couldn't.

I was sort of going into it expecting a Fallout 2 but Australia and it's not that at all, I would sort of argue that FO2 has a better combat system. The dialogue system is pretty cool though.

I keep trying to think of other ways to describe it without essentially shitting on it but that's not what Im trying to do, it's just weird when most of the other 2d CRPGs are so amazingly great instead of just average

Looks like those are all a year after the original on Apple II which says 1989 on the title screen.
Lol I've got no idea, beyond that at one point Prince Of Purplesia was indeed purple like 30 years ago
Also I think people are less afraid of purple people than brown people

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Love Kyle M, but not at all interested in Fallout TV.

Slay the Spire 2 though sounds awesome.

And there hasn't been enough Balatro discussion on this board. New patch coming soon. They're nerfing campfire which is good IMO and buffing Lucky Card tarot, a bunch of jokers which sucked and making the high stakes difficulties more interesting with new mechanics. Such a fun game. Easily gonna slide into my top 10 this year and probably gonna keep playing it off and on for a long time.

It's like the ultimate game to play in a plane or on a long train ride.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018

Hikaru Utada has released a new recording of Kingdom Hearts theme song “Hikari” (光).

time for Kingdom Hearts on steam right?.
And added to my playlist. Not being the biggest KH fan this is the first time I have heard it. Great.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The Rogue Prince of Persia looks pretty good. The store page doesn't really detail how much content the game will have at launch tho. They kind of just imply they build on the game. No proper early access banner.

Anyways next month is shaping up to be a really good month.

Contra DLC for Vampire Survivors (lol)
The Rogue Prince of Persia
Ghost of Tsushima
Hellblade 2

Reactions: QFNS

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Oh, I'm actually playing through Never Alone right now. Had no idea a sequel is coming.

I can probably say this now, but I was asked to playtest broken roads

It was pretty fun but there was some stuff that was kind of clunky and made me wish I could like... do stuff that I just couldn't.

I was sort of going into it expecting a Fallout 2 but Australia and it's not that at all, I would sort of argue that FO2 has a better combat system. The dialogue system is pretty cool though.

I keep trying to think of other ways to describe it without essentially shitting on it but that's not what Im trying to do, it's just weird when most of the other 2d CRPGs are so amazingly great instead of just average

Lol I've got no idea, beyond that at one point Prince Of Purplesia was indeed purple like 30 years ago
Also I think people are less afraid of purple people than brown people
Well that's disappointing.

Reactions: lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Looking at that Contra DLC for Vampire Survivors....and it actually looks incredible.

• 11 gun-slinging characters
  • 22 new weapons between base versions and evolutions. They're not all guns - some of them trigger explosions too!
  • 1 large stage and 1 bonus stage
  • 13 music tracks directly from the Contra series and 6 brand new covers
  • An explosively silly 6-chapters Adventure
Only 2.49$

Kind of funny how we get these silly crossovers. Dead Cells X Castlevania and now Vampire Surivors X Contra.

Konami is in such a friendly and gaming mood as of late. Wonder what else indie teams can work with them for.

Bloober doing Silent Hill 2 remake is still pretty crazy and weird to me.

Lets get Bomberman and Metal Gear crossovers going as well. Some indie team out there with a reputation wants to or is making an isometric stealth game...go ahead and call Konami. Can't hurt to try.

Lets get a Splinter Cell X Metal Gear crossover and let anyone make it except Ubisoft/Konami pls lol.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
So according to Schreier, there was a sequel to the Dead Space Remake in the works. But it wasn't a remake of Dead Space 2.

Is this the first game by WETA?

It looks like this is their first game but the gaming division has existed since 2014.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I’m super hyped for Fallout. Funny, as I also despise the setting, but the trailers worked for me.
May be a good thing as I’m definitely in a low gaming drive and can’t be arsed to play much.

Status
Not open for further replies.